• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be fair, once the zero bloom MLG playlist was amzaing.

It was pretty decent, but it was too little too late.

More of a personal problem, but at that point all my friends had moved on and there was really no reason for me to keep playing.

Once bloom became a thing, the people who complained about BR bullet spread in H3 seemed pretty ridiculous.

Newt

It was pretty decent, but it was too little too late.

More of a personal problem, but at that point all my friends had moved on and there was really no reason for me to keep playing.

Once bloom became a thing, the people who complained about BR bullet spread in H3 seemed pretty ridiculous.
Yeah it was bad on release. I could handle TU bloom.

nbraun80

pretty sure riot just has white smite as a recommended item for some to show others in the game that this person has no idea how to play jungle. beat up on a zac that bought it in ranked, but I'm in the silver league and shouldn't be surprised.

also, haven't played garen in forever, but whipped it out in that ranked game, cause I had no idea what else to play into a nasus. went tp ignite to try and keep him down, ened up going 10-1 and the vayne and i wrecked that game. was pretty fun being the garen douche, especially when people get cocky and first pick nasus.

That exact moment when my ult went off CD...

NaturalLiquidBunting.gif

tumblr_lsbfy6UEsO1r0n79p.gif

Tizoc

pretty sure riot just has white smite as a recommended item for some to show others in the game that this person has no idea how to play jungle. beat up on a zac that bought it in ranked, but I'm in the silver league and shouldn't be surprised.

also, haven't played garen in forever, but whipped it out in that ranked game, cause I had no idea what else to play into a nasus. went tp ignite to try and keep him down, ened up going 10-1 and the vayne and i wrecked that game. was pretty fun being the garen douche, especially when people get cocky and first pick nasus.

wHAT WAs your Garen build?

MaxiLive

I had a few interesting games yesterday!

One playing as Karma support and wrecking the laning phase by accident! I haven't played her in ages so I wasn't too sure how to play her in lane but just did the usual poking stuff and ending up getting a double kill 5 minutes in (my adc was too low to get the kills). Then carrying the mid game with the crazy power spike but she really starts to fall off later in the game. At least the way I was playing with her :p Still had a 10/5/29 score.

Then I had this Cait game:

CdMolPX.png

We were super far behind for the whole game but they ended up getting cocky as well as complaining that I was scared as I was hiding behind turrets as Jinx was trying to two shot me... Nope, just waiting for her to dive so she can die!

I actually went for a earlyish hurricane as our front line sucked so I wanted something that would let me hopefully hit multiple targets while staying as far back as possible. Oh thresh was a beast as well landing most of his skill shots but sooooooooo god damn ham every hook he had to go in on that meant he instantly died. Also the whole teams positioning was all over the place, everyone seemed to love standing in Annie's tibbers range in the middle of the map with an 18k disadvantage :p

I managed to get a decent fight at the end where I just did what Cait does best, stand still and auto everything.

zkylon

zkylewd
ewwww shooters

Yea I agree with most of this, especially the Ekko/Lucian thing. "Oh two black people in League, they MUST be father/son" on a s@20 post made me laugh pretty hard but also srushed my soul a little. I really don't think a lot of people understand how they look when they say stuff like that either, which is sad.

League's got a lot better though. Support used to be pretty sparse for males outside Taric, but then Thresh and eventually Bard came along as dedicated supports, and other chracters like Nunu, Gragas, Naut, Lee Sin and Kennen have been seeing less traditional but still support-y play. Female toons didn't see much jungle action for a while until Elise and Diana and jungle Shyvana hit the scene and then they were followed by Vi and much later Rek-Sai (and Vi and Rek added some rare fembruiser/femmonster designs).

Now pretty much every role can see a decent mix of male/female characters regardless of who the meta favors which is nice, even if it will still be a while before some of their actual designs are fleshed out more. We still have an abundance of broody/dudebro types and an abundance of magicalgirl/evilsexy/grrl fem types, but we haven't seen either for a while so Riot seems to have been trying, and with the way the meta works a lot of those older characters don't actually see a ton of ranked play unless they got kit updates, making League a lot more varied-looking than the aggregate would imply.
you forgot braum

you can tell riot's trying, but it's been wonky.

and you can't have too much magical girl

that's just untrue

zkylon

zkylewd
no, league needs more female mids so i can expand my champion pool since riot keeps nerfing my champions to the ground. right now my champion pool is like ahri, and then ori against fizz. thanks riot!

also seems like rito is gonna add a working death recap in 5.12 or 5.13

cool

nbraun80

wHAT WAs your Garen build?

Dorans shield into sunfire rush. Then ninja tabis, sat on a kindle gem for the cdr for awhile. If they're AP mid was ahead probably would have turned it into a spirit visage, but he wasn't so just got warmogs instead and turned that into a black cleaver. Basically full tank with on damage item. Build to be a dick in your lane first, then other resistances based on who's ahead. He's a pretty good pick into riven too, just Q silence every chance you get and stack armor and spin on her while she's silenced.

Dorans shield into sunfire rush. Then ninja tabis, sat on a kindle gem for the cdr for awhile. If they're AP mid was ahead probably would have turned it into a spirit visage, but he wasn't so just got warmogs instead and turned that into a black cleaver. Basically full tank with on damage item. Build to be a dick in your lane first, then other resistances based on who's ahead. He's a pretty good pick into riven too, just Q silence every chance you get and stack armor and spin on her while she's silenced.

I've seen some Garen's rush Warmogs early. It leads to a weaker early game, but the moment they hit level 12 their hp regen sky rockets. I've done this build only against non-ignite top laners.

Ocho

I may buy an Xbox One just for Halo 5. Gameplay looks great.

Yesterday I smurfed in silver with a friend who has lost his promos to gold like 5 times. Games were incredibly fun and stupid. Silver is the dream. I think I found the best amumu player last night.

garath

I may buy an Xbox One just for Halo 5. Gameplay looks great.

Yesterday I smurfed in silver with a friend who has lost his promos to gold like 5 times. Games were incredibly fun and stupid. Silver is the dream. I think I found the best amumu player last night.

Silver was horrid :( Full of raging people that are just on the cusp of gold. Quite a few are certainly gold level but the general swill of Silver I population means games can go either way. The only way I could see it being enjoyable is if you are truly a tier or two above in skill level and you can stomp. For the average Silver/Gold level player though it's a nightmare.

mid Gold is elo heaven in comparison. It's like the weight of the world is lifted and you just get to play.

I'm afraid I'm headed back to Silver after my horrible placements. I have 3 games left and I fully expect to see Silver I (or lower??).

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it's fine to do sexy when it makes sense. It's not something we shy away from either, but there has to be more to a skin than just 'Ahri in a Bikini'.
I apologise for not being clearer. I began by saying that yes, there is still a chance of seeing more shapely ladies in the pool party line in the future. However I wanted to point out that this year there were much stronger visual and thematic hooks for other champions that the team were more excited about. I was, in fact, the person that raised the concern that we didn't have a human female in this year's line up as the first year's splash art teased quite a few. But without a strong thematic to pitch 'Ahri with a Beach Ball' lost out to the other thematics. We are definitely aware that people really want more pool party girls and I hope we can deliver more in the future!

-__-

pls riot

mundo with a t-shirt and a ukelele

draven with floater-y thing axes

that's not a strong thematic, cmon. at least not stronger than ahri with a beach ball

THE LIES

Aren't we supposed to get a new yordle in the near future?

i think gnar was the yordle we were promised? forget

jungle yordle was a thing once too i think

they should do a void yordle thing

that would be cool

or just rework amumu lol

A Mid Varus...building Tear....
These pro games.
You're late... this is the new xerath for like a month now.

Early tear is so solid in pro games because the laning phase is usually long enough to stack and they all want that mid game power spike for drags and pushing 2nd tier towers.

cHinzo

Damn 4 afks in ranked in a row today. :/ People are such babies in this game. Had a fun normal game after that though. Wish it would be the same in ranked. :') Maybe tomorrow.

Man I can't believe how damn toxic the community has magnified after taking a year break. Before it would be like...ok one out of every few games you'd get a troll on either side, now it seems to be every damn game you get a troll.

Case in point, today the first game I have a Shaco and Tristana bitching at each other and going afk alternatively, and the game I just got out of right now I have an enemy rage quit after she dies a couple times....and the majority of games I played yesterday it's literally been either AFKs, people complaining at each other, this or that...

...it's annoying.

jerd

Man I can't believe how damn toxic the community has magnified after taking a year break. Before it would be like...ok one out of every few games you'd get a troll on either side, now it seems to be every damn game you get a troll.

Case in point, today the first game I have a Shaco and Tristana bitching at each other and going afk alternatively, and the game I just got out of right now I have an enemy rage quit after she dies a couple times....and the majority of games I played yesterday it's literally been either AFKs, people complaining at each other, this or that...

...it's annoying.

Is it ranked? You may just be at a lower elo that you're not used to? I know people are toxic at every level but people are straight up babies at low elo. I was watching my brother play and his jungler threatened to afk bc he had "ks'd him". I completely forgot that was even a thing people got pissed about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom