• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Decided to play the support style of jungler today. Went Vi, built Warrior/Locket/Sightstone, all the usual stuff.

Turns out relying on your teammates in silver is a shitty idea. Somehow we won though, I'll take it.

Talents

Banned
Decided to play the support style of jungler today. Went Vi, built Warrior/Locket/Sightstone, all the usual stuff.

Turns out relying on your teammates in silver is a shitty idea. Somehow we won though, I'll take it.

Relying on your team mates in Solo Q as a whole is a bad idea, not just in Silver.

But lol...plays better and has better design than DOTA2 does...

...well the splashes for skins look better. In game however, HotS and DotA 2 have league beat. Dotas artstyle is heavily fantasy, League is a weird mishmash, and Heroes has the signature Blizzard style. Heroes and dota have the upside that when you go into a store to buy a skin, they sale it by showing you the actual model of it close up, not just the splash art.

As for if league plays better than dota 2....thats questionable. Its simpler definitely, but if thats the case than Heroes wins out both because its easier to pick up and play.

V_Arnold

...well the splashes for skins look better. In game however, HotS and DotA 2 have league beat. Dotas artstyle is heavily fantasy, League is a weird mishmash, and Heroes has the signature Blizzard style. Heroes and dota have the upside that when you go into a store to buy a skin, they sale it by showing you the actual model of it close up, not just the splash art.

As for if league plays better than dota 2....thats questionable. Its simpler definitely, but if thats the case than Heroes wins out both because its easier to pick up and play.

I heavily disagree. Just because something is fantasy does not make it better. That is one thing. I find HOTS the worst Blizzard design so far, by a mile. And I am the biggest Blizzard fanboy on NeoGaf, that is for sure. (Unless we count Yoshichan whenever he is in the blizz-fan polarity). LoL is not simple. Dota is more complex, but that is like saying chess is simple because it is not *as* complex as Go is.

I heavily disagree. Just because something is fantasy does not make it better. That is one thing. I find HOTS the worst Blizzard design so far, by a mile. And I am the biggest Blizzard fanboy on NeoGaf, that is for sure. (Unless we count Yoshichan whenever he is in the blizz-fan polarity). LoL is not simple. Dota is more complex, but that is like saying chess is simple because it is not *as* complex as Go is.

Are you talking about how it looks or how it plays? You seem to be arguing two points here. We can discuss about the gameplay mechanica of all 3 later on if you'd like, Im making sparse posts cause at work. Also your analogy at the end really isnt needed.

zkylon

zkylewd
pG2k41g.gif

doto got no dance mooves

FACTS

personally i like the artstyle of doto but i don't like the champion design and i think hots is pretty gross overall, but i don't really like blizzard's bulky style in general.

league kind of looks like anime which i like

V_Arnold

Are you talking about how it looks or how it plays? You seem to be arguing two points here. We can discuss about the gameplay mechanica of all 3 later on if you'd like, Im making sparse posts cause at work. Also your analogy at the end really isnt needed.

I just touched your point (we all are subjective on that matter, of course), regarding how HOTS looks. Gameplay-wise, I cant comment, I am not heavily into HOTS. But LoL is definitely demanding of tons of knowledge that already puts it into the upper echelons as far as "complex" games go. DOTA2 might be more demanding or require even more knowledge, but it is at that point, arguing whether they belong to the top 1 percent or the top 0.9 percent - again, imho :D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's not up in EUW yet. Do you see the same info you see on Riot's matchhistory website?
Pretty much everything in the "Match Breakdown" box online isn't in the client, so it's hard to get a read on the game. I honestly hate the in-client implementation because everything is too squished and it doesn't really give a good read on information. You also can't use your mouse wheel to scroll on the right half of the screen because the mini-map has a zoom in feature...

Leezard

Pretty much everything in the "Match Breakdown" box online isn't in the client, so it's hard to get a read on the game. I honestly hate the in-client implementation because everything is too squished and it doesn't really give a good read on information. You also can't use your mouse wheel to scroll on the right half of the screen because the mini-map has a zoom in feature...

I see, so it's not really good enough as a full replacement for the website.

I just touched your point (we all are subjective on that matter, of course), regarding how HOTS looks. Gameplay-wise, I cant comment, I am not heavily into HOTS. But LoL is definitely demanding of tons of knowledge that already puts it into the upper echelons as far as "complex" games go. DOTA2 might be more demanding or require even more knowledge, but it is at that point, arguing whether they belong to the top 1 percent or the top 0.9 percent - again, imho :D

Hots is definitely the simpler of the 3. Dota 2 inches ahead of league because mechanically ir gets veeery deep, mainly because the items drastically change how you play.

So I'm in a ranked lobby

Having a nice conversation with lieutenant Dan

As I see the timer running low out of the corner of my malph

So I panic pick Jungle Malphite

Everythings ok

Nothing can go wrong

This is perfect, they don't know I've never jungled Malph

@_@

TomShoe

Banned
God my wifi is so inconsistent

First its struggling to hit 1 Mbps, then it shoots up to 60, now it's down to 5. Tonight might not be good to play league unless its aram

EDIT: aaand it's back down to 1. no league tonight then.

That game went great

I mean, I did pretty damn good.

Our Ashe decided to herp a derp

'Attack soraka in lane!'
'Flash in after vaynes been double healed and under torret!'
'Better build Blade of the ruined king first!'
'Better miss 4/5 arrows!'

Jesus christ. I was doing alright, but not even I can carry a horribad adc.

God my wifi is so inconsistent

First its struggling to hit 1 Mbps, then it shoots up to 60, now it's down to 5. Tonight might not be good to play league unless its aram

EDIT: aaand it's back down to 1. no league tonight then.

Go into your admin settings for the router and change the channel to a less occupied one(you can use a smartphone wifi analyzer or online one to figure out a less occupied one.)

And very rarely if your Wifi stick is physically near the Motherboard, it can impede data flow to the stick.(Mine used to do that so I moved it to a farther usb and it stopped spiking.)

Ferga

I camp the shit out of a riven and somehow my top maokai goes 1/7 against her. Riven just single handedly carried an entire team because she was shielding for 60% of her life.

Look at his build and he rushed righteous glory against her.

smh.

I camp the shit out of a riven and somehow my top maokai goes 1/7 against her. Riven just single handedly carried an entire team because she was shielding for 60% of her life.

smh.

lets duo we both hate idiots

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

smh.

Let's duo my top heimer will never let ya down Kappa.

jerd

smh.

Let's duo none of the baddies i play with will carry me

Speaking of toplane how do the shen buffs affect him? Is he back to relevancy? I've got a pitiful 25% winrate with him in ranked, considering most of the time the best you can hope to do in lane is go even unless you get some ganks.

I picked up tryn and I'm gonna try to learn him, it seems like most of tryn's strategy revolves around building up fury at level 1 and then spinning in and hoping for a crit which wins the trade and essentially the lane for the next few levels.

Speaking of toplane how do the shen buffs affect him? Is he back to relevancy? I've got a pitiful 25% winrate with him in ranked, considering most of the time the best you can hope to do in lane is go even unless you get some ganks.

I picked up tryn and I'm gonna try to learn him, it seems like most of tryn's strategy revolves around building up fury at level 1 and then spinning in and hoping for a crit which wins the trade and essentially the lane for the next few levels.

Can't say much about Shen, but when I played Tryn top he's still more or less the same. He deals massive damage with his Q passive and E spin. Sometimes you'll get lucky and crit, but you can and should win trades often.

He can even do golems/gromp at level 1 and not have much trouble, get to 2, buy more pots, and then tp back to lane.

killatopak

Gold Member

AP tryn is super fun. Spin to win!

Ferga

Two games in a row where i create a massive lead for my team and the same top laner just never leaves top and we lose 4v5

I just lost a 8/0 reksai and 11/1 ashe game because of that top laner. (10.6k lead 22minutes in)

TPs are never used at all to gank. Just to farm.

Dunno what to do. Top laners be suckin balls for me

Two games in a row where i create a massive lead for my team and the same top laner just never leaves top and we lose 4v5

I just lost a 8/0 reksai and 11/1 ashe game because of that top laner.

TPs are never used at all to gank. Just to farm.

Dunno what to do. Top laners be suckin balls for me

let's duo(Later)

I can top lane

when my team aren't idiots

way I figure the game already matches you with the absolute worst, so why not suffer together

jerd

Rex what did you build for mana on karma jungle. I was gonna go morello but magus gives too much cdr with the cdr blues so there's a lot wasted. I went roa just bc tear sounded bad but roa was super meh too. Felt good overall but it was teambuilder so who knows game was super easy

Ferga

Rex what did you build for mana on karma jungle. I was gonna go morello but magus gives too much cdr with the cdr blues so there's a lot wasted. I went roa just bc tear sounded bad but roa was super meh too. Felt good overall but it was teambuilder so who knows game was super easy

I go cdr tank.

Locket was core for me.

Spirit visage+ulted chains was as strong as volibear passive at times. Heaps of fun to bait with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom