• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You should have finished your Zhonya's before buying Luden's. I don't know if Luden's is still even worth it.

I probably should've but up until the last couple teamfights I had been completely ignored. Vi and Xin would just dive Jinx and die; I wanted as much burst as possible to try to shut her down before they just melted the rest of our team.

And yeah you're right, dunno how I feel about Luden's anymore. That charge nerf hurts.

edit: oh my god vi didn't even have a trinket

Tizoc

You should have finished your Zhonya's before buying Luden's. I don't know if Luden's is still even worth it.

For whatever reason, Luden tends to do a good chunk of extra damage on various AP champs I've played with and against.
IMHO, Hourglass should be a 2nd/3rd item on any AP champ just for survivability.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For whatever reason, Luden tends to do a good chunk of extra damage on various AP champs I've played with and against.
IMHO, Hourglass should be a 2nd/3rd item on any AP champ just for survivability.
The utility Hourglass offers is too valuable, and post nerf Luden's is not a big damage burst. They both offer the same amount of AP, but Hourglass has 50 hour and one of the best actives in the game. Luden's gives 7% movespeed and only offers 100 (+ 10% AP) burst. This is not a hard decision for someone like Zigg's. More than that: if you already have Magic Hat there is no excuse to go into Luden's unless you just want to meme.
neko got chat restricted.
newt you should have taught him how to be toxic without being caught.
Newt mostly does it in post game chat, where there is limited accountability.

faridmon

m7X4jcI.jpg

seriously what in the FUCK

what am i doing wrong holy moly

Should have gone full Zhonia, also some defensive items would be good!

But you have more wins than losses so you are already better player than me :/

Sande

Also negative LP, wat?
Fracas lost 4 LP and is at 0. If that's what you meant.

I haven't played much recently, but I did queue up for a ranked game with a friend the other day and of course I ended up in mid which is probably my weakest position after jungle (and maybe top but in all honesty I'm horrible in all of those). I picked Viktor for the first time and was against a Zyra. I basically feel like a silver at the moment and the game was with high golds and low plats. At first it went just as you would expect. I fell behind horribly in cs and xp and started feeling like the whole thing was a mistake.

But then I guess fucking Viktor happened and I was 10-0 and way ahead of everyone in cs. I ended up pretty much carrying the whole game, not that our other lanes didn't do okay as well.

Leezard

I just met a good Bard in solo queue. It's the second one so far out of four Bards I've seen in ranked. Good Bard ults are definitely impactful.

Newt

You can be toxic in game, but in that case you gotta say stuff like "you need some improvement ahri". In solo q terms that's equivalent to " fuck you" anyways.

Volimar

So I just downloaded the client for my new computer. Haven't played in like six months. What's this Uncle Ryze mystery gift thing for not being a negative player?

nbraun80

So I just downloaded the client for my new computer. Haven't played in like six months. What's this Uncle Ryze mystery gift thing for not being a negative player?

Riot mystery gifted a skin to people that weren't on negative standing, can't remember when it happened, maybe at the start of this season.

Edit: also he's a video I made I thought I'd share, lvl up + hp per level saved me through the ignite. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sz9bCr5v2Y

zkylon

zkylewd
the lebonk nerf feels pretty good, a bit slower but not enough that the champion's ruined

the e change is also pretty decent, i like when they make skillshots slimmers cos it lets me get them thru minions

i'm surprised her winrate went down so hard

also btw lebonk needs a new skin

last one wasn't that great

nbraun80

So what caused J4 to disappear?
pro-scene: probably just that if you want a tank sej and grag scale better and more reliable cc. and if you want early game, lee and rek are probably a bit better as well.
Solo que: I think he's in that awkward spot for people where you're not sure if you should go warrior or cinder. I've went cinder on him a couple times, and I think he's still a good pick that has some early game pressure, with some tankiness.

also I think (not sure) that is early clear is pretty crappy with the nerfs to the armor in his e.

Jarvan is still pretty much guaranteed a kill every time he ganks someone with flash down (unless they have a mobility spell which, to be fair, is everyone right now). Has more team-fight utility than a Rek'sai. Evelynn literally does nothing and people keep picking her. Competitive is weird man.

Nekofrog

Banned
TEgEAdm.png

so that just happened. they wouldn't let me go top 'cause i was last pick, so i said i was going to troll with a first time clairvoyance/tp udyr. i ended up carrying because the mid lulu moved to support and the mundo moved mid.

i still don't know what 3 of the 5 buttons do on udyr

edit: oh and before that game was this game

WOcAgvg.png

i swear anything works in this elo

you sick bastard.

It's effective. 'I don't like Janna support'(I'm Janna).
Everyone on my team:'wat'
Draven:"I don't like laning with Janna.'
me:"That's it draven I'm going to say it."
*He quietly plays, no more peeps from him.*

we won too

See, when I threaten we win.

this power

it is

tremendous

And I shall abuse it

Edit Edit-The only reason I threatened it was because people in my lobby were bitching at each other. "OH IT'S THIS ANNIE" "GG" "TOP OR FEED" "blah blah blah"

Edit-Edit-Edit-I sound like a mad man, but I didn't say shit at first. I was forced to go support, my most hated lane, and I PLAYED IT LIKE A CHAMP, OK? LIKE A GODDAMN CHAMP.

nbraun80

I really need to start dodging ranked games sometimes, never dodged one before, but just had to endure a kennen adc early and now 4th and 5th pick say mid and neither backs down. of course, neither says they can support. ugh :(

Just had a game where I played really selfless as top lane Hec... that felt so werid. So their team comp was J4 top, Lee jungle, Cass mid, Vayne/Leo bot.

I had priority top so I asked myself what was the best way I can snowball this game and usually it just solo kill their top laner and then TP bot. However J4 played really safe. So I said fuck it and just shove then ganked mid about 5 times. First time burned cass flash which lead to easy gank from jungler like 30 seconds later. 2nd time got my mid laner a kill, 3rd time burn flash where she died again within a minute. 4tth and 5th time killed her and took one of them for myself.

Point is I did that so their only AP threat was weak as hell which lead me to stack armor and just ran wild. In return I let j4 practically free farm top even though I was stronger. Which ended up making lane annoying for me but when it came time to team fight their cass was so useless and I had so much armor that I was 1v4ing or 1v3ing half the time and never died.

In the end it was an extremely easy game for us. Usually I hate throwing away advantage in lane especially when I had huge priority but I think I made the right choice this time. I gave him lane priority but he still couldn't solo kill me 1v1 and I got my mid to like 5-0 before lane phase ended.

killatopak

Gold Member
Just had a game where I played really selfless as top lane Hec... that felt so werid. So their team comp was J4 top, Lee jungle, Cass mid, Vayne/Leo bot.

I had priority top so I asked myself what was the best way I can snowball this game and usually it just solo kill their top laner and then TP bot. However J4 played really safe. So I said fuck it and just shove then ganked mid about 5 times. First time burned cass flash which lead to easy gank from jungler like 30 seconds later. 2nd time got my mid laner a kill, 3rd time burn flash where she died again within a minute. 4tth and 5th time killed her and took one of them for myself.

Point is I did that so their only AP threat was weak as hell which lead me to stack armor and just ran wild. In return I let j4 practically free farm top even though I was stronger. Which ended up making lane annoying for me but when it came time to team fight their cass was so useless and I had so much armor that I was 1v4ing or 1v3ing half the time and never died.

In the end it was an extremely easy game for us. Usually I hate throwing away advantage in lane especially when I had huge priority but I think I made the right choice this time. I gave him lane priority but he still couldn't solo kill me 1v1 and I got my mid to like 5-0 before lane phase ended.

I should do this more often. Good strategy.

garath

How am I not winning with voli in this tank meta.

I can't seem to carry mid game like before.

What are you building? The only time I have trouble with Voli is against a high mobility/kite team (which seems to be as common as tanks so meh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom