• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jax isn't really fine. Doesn't scale into the late game that well. Really Jax is just worse Irelia right now.

zkylon

zkylewd
doing azir eq combo feels really inconsistent on my ping. it's not like super high ping but i can't ever pull it off at w spawn range which kind of bums me out because i was like practicing for 20 minutes and just can't do it, dunno if it's like a skill thing or like a zero ping thing like the pros do

i'm also really bad at managing eq combo distance. gotta practice that a lot

i love the champion tho, his competitive popularity means he's undoubtedly gonna get nerfed but he's just so satisfying when you pull off cool shit, it's like playing thresh or something. was just laning against leblanc and that lane was the best thing ever, constantly trying to trick her into harassing me to get a last second soldier up and e-stun her or just looking for angles to smash her against a wall with my ult lol. it ended up being like i kill her, she kills me, i kill her, she kills me kind of thing but it was so much fun

The page updates every day at 9 AM. Technically the points earned currently are from 12AMPST-9AM PST. If that traction keeps up, it's about....3.5 million points per 9 hours. I'll be able to gauge a better statistic once it updates tomorrow.

See, I want it to fail, but I'll give you some positivity out of it.
ah, that's encouraging at least

Oh god WHY
yea not getting why they would buff jax. i'm not sure how big of a buff that thing will be, 10-20% more ad scaling on his ult doesn't seem so big when he barely builds any ad since trinity force and bjork both give very little. it's gonna be like what, 20 ar/mr at lvl 16 with trinity+bjork? doesn't sound like a small buff tbh, but i don't think he needs it

rito must have like the busiest rework list ever, champions like jax that make ppl instantly go in panic mode the second they're buffed are really scary for the game

funny riot

*Players who exhibited excessive negative behavior since February won’t unlock Pool Party Mundo or the Pool Party icon. Only team players get to pool party.

so what it really is, the pool party mundo is the 'good player skin' instead of a mystery skin or the baron icon.

zkylon

zkylewd
there's apparently a new pathfinding system on pbe that's slated for 5.13 at the earliest

cool, i still remember the time i literally got stuck between a turret and a minion and couldn't get out without syndra e'ing the minion lol

interesting to see how many systems riot's suddenly revamping

funny riot

so what it really is, the pool party mundo is the 'good player skin' instead of a mystery skin or the baron icon.
doesn't necessarily mean that, they could also give something else

last year they did mystery skin but also ip boosts and i think some other crap

it's just that riot doesn't feel like giving free shit to swine like neko

noot is like totes fine tho, noot's a sweetie

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah Braum's already buff enough.
mayatomr_romance.gif

garath

I played morg support. Decided to try the new coin. I was so rich. I had enough to buy a rod on my first back. By the end of game I had an upgraded coin, locket, zhonyas, abyssal on top of mobos and sightstone. Amazing. Sure I had a few kills and a lot of assists but I don't think I've ever had that much money as a support.

that feeling when you're tired, go through the menus too quickly and end up queuing up for a ranked match.

fuck. haven't played a ranked match all year.

I've done that before. Didn't even realize. That's actually how I started playing ranked again this season lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is Jax bad late? No. Is he really that much better late than champs with strong mid games like Irelia? No. You put the effort in for Jax and late game rolls around it's just like...alright, whatever. He's about as strong as most other top lane bruisers.

jax kinda sucks in teamfights which means he has to hard split push

but since split pushing is so weak right now he's in a weird situation where he has to teamfight with a suboptimal teamfighting kit instead of doing his actual job which is hitting towers until they bleed urine.

doing azir eq combo feels really inconsistent on my ping. it's not like super high ping but i can't ever pull it off at w spawn range which kind of bums me out because i was like practicing for 20 minutes and just can't do it, dunno if it's like a skill thing or like a zero ping thing like the pros do

i'm also really bad at managing eq combo distance. gotta practice that a lot

i love the champion tho, his competitive popularity means he's undoubtedly gonna get nerfed but he's just so satisfying when you pull off cool shit, it's like playing thresh or something. was just laning against leblanc and that lane was the best thing ever, constantly trying to trick her into harassing me to get a last second soldier up and e-stun her or just looking for angles to smash her against a wall with my ult lol. it ended up being like i kill her, she kills me, i kill her, she kills me kind of thing but it was so much fun

I don't think they'll nerf Azir. His solo q win rate is like 43% (bottom 3 in the game). I think his competitive popularity is due to him being a safe pick. Has no real bad match-ups, has mobility + ult to survive ganks, strong at all stages of the game etc.

heytred

Neo Member
Looking to find a duo partner who's trying to climb to Diamond. I'm currently Plat III and still climbing, but want to find a solid partner who's focused almost primarily on improving. Doesn't really matter what role you play, I prefer mid / top but can play any role.

Just add me in game and send me a message if you're interested.

IGN: dertyeh

Newt

Looking to find a duo partner who's trying to climb to Diamond. I'm currently Plat III and still climbing, but want to find a solid partner who's focused almost primarily on improving. Doesn't really matter what role you play, I prefer mid / top but can play any role.

Are you NA or EU? You kinda give me a bit of an EU vibe so I gotta ask.

If you're in NA I'll duo with you. Tired of trolls and bads.

Newt

Oh yeah... sorry, I should have specified. I'm in NA on the East Coast, although... happily moving to Seattle in three weeks for work. <3
Alright, I'll add you. Just making sure you weren't one of those filthy EU players... like fredy122.

jerd

that's how the pros build him bro....when they play him mid... lol

I have never seen bork or cleaver on a varus mid lol

Neither of those really fit the poke build unless you count cdr on bc

Best part was the fact that the dude had a tear, phage, vamp scepter, a pickaxe, and boots at one point. 4 parts of 3 different items with nothing complete

Leezard

Most mid Varuses I've seen aren't very useful. They have their power window but it's kinda small and hard to exploit in solo queue.

nbraun80

whew, just got done playing a normals draft with 2 friends, we're all 3 silver, and somehow we got to go against a plat and diamond 5 on the other team. Was a little nervous going against the d5 mid, especially against an ekko, but I decided to be a little cheap and pick veigar into him. Ended up going 13/4/16 and out cs'd him as well. I mean, i'm sure he was just trying a new champ in norms and from the looks of it, he's a top main, but still felt pretty good. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think they'll nerf Azir. His solo q win rate is like 43% (bottom 3 in the game). I think his competitive popularity is due to him being a safe pick. Has no real bad match-ups, has mobility + ult to survive ganks, strong at all stages of the game etc.

i duno what's his winrate in competitive, but you could've said the same about zed and he got nerfed too. leblanc, kinda, but her winrate was actually pretty decent before

tbh even if they nerf him, i wish they made his eq combo a bit more forgiving with the timing.

I really hate mid Varus.

Almost everyone I've seen has lost because of them.
i really like the innovation but it's kind of sad to see a champion reduced to one spell

goes to show how strong poke is in competitive i guess

at least unlike nidalee he doesn't have infinite escapes or whatever

zkylon

zkylewd
first reward unlocked, playing as premade 5s now gives double ip

looks like it's around like 7m points

not very promising, unfortunately

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Welp, bought my tickets for New York. We're going to Madison Square Garden boys. Can't wait to see the CLG vs TL finals kappa.

Hopefully now that people are actually being rewarded for teaming up more people will do it.
Getting 5 people to team up is a massive pain in the ass and gives almost no points.

There's so many gift skins people can do and ain't no one doing that "give gift to random guy on matchmaking" bullshit. Stop trying to make solo Q sportsmanship happen Riot, it's not going to happen

first reward unlocked, playing as premade 5s now gives double ip

looks like it's around like 7m points

not very promising, unfortunately

Hrm.

So yesterday my estimate was about 3.5 million points achieved in around 9 hours. 24 hours after that, only another 3.5 million or so was achieved. Actually, the 2nd reward is at a whopping 10 million points more than the first reward..it's at about 8 million points right now.

So in 24 hours...4.5 million points were achieved. That's only 1 million points more than the first 9 hours of the event...which is odd because you'd think more people would play in 24 hours than 9 hours?

The discrepancy could come in the form that more people were playing on Sunday midnight because schools off for alot of people now, and maybe a good amount of people went on vacation monday?

Enough of that.

First day:3.5 million earned in 9 hours
Second Day:About 4-4.5 million points earned.

So, first things first, I really hate that Riot doesn't give us numbers, so I can make a more detailed analysis of it. Right now the bar is about...2.5-3 million points towards the 2nd unlock. Tomorrow I'll refine my analysis further, but if this trend of 4 million points per day goes on....we're not going to hit the final marker. The goal is too steep, especially since after the first reward the actual amount needed doubles for every reward after-10 million.

Right now the trend is at an average of 4 million points earned per day. Unless this skyrockets by tomorrow at 9 am...yeah.

Like I said before, Riot set the goalposts too damn high. They overestimated how much people play the game.

Getting 5 people to team up is a massive pain in the ass and gives almost no points.

There's so many gift skins people can do and ain't no one doing that "give gift to random guy on matchmaking" bullshit. Stop trying to make solo Q sportsmanship happen Riot, it's not going to happen

Funnily enough I do that, but I haven't played this week. I usually give a mystery skin to the most cheerful/positive person in the game.

.....but then again this bar isn't going to fill up through just that. 20 points a skin, it'd need 500k gifts to hit 10 million points for a reward...not enough customers with flowing pockets play, tbh.

It's not a matter of overestimating how many people play the game but how many play 5 man premades on a regular basis, specially on weekdays.

Hell, the idea of having around 11 million 5 man premade games over a single week is naive at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom