• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love this idea, but i'm not sure about the implementation

rylais sounds broken af on ori. 40% aoe slow? no way that's releasing...

archangels got super nerfed i feel, building that is gonna be really painful

liandry's still shit, wota still shit

the morellos and athenes changes are weird, i never felt like i needed help building those

i like the ludens change but that item still sucks

roa is weird but i think losing the health it's a good tradeoff for mana hungry champions. it gives a shit ton of mana now, it's crazy

overall i feel like nothing will really change except some ppl grabbing rylais since it sounds super op.

I agree with dimb. Liandry isn't often picked up because it lacked burst which seems mandatory on makes for mid game. You know with champs like brand where you had to pick between DoT or burst build? Liandry will provide both now.

New WotA could also a decent pick for spammy AP tanks. I mean, imagine Singed with troll WOTA, Seraph then straight tank. Poison 5 people and you're looking at 35HP/sec true heals minimum.

And oh woooow new Rylai, Liandry and Seraph will be insane on Kog.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
this is actually hilarious to me because the champions that benefit the most from these ap changes are many of the ones that are already the strongest.

zkylon

zkylewd
I agree with dimb. Liandry isn't often picked up because it lacked burst which seems mandatory on makes for mid game. You know with champs like brand where you had to pick between DoT or burst build? Liandry will provide both now.
yeah, you might be right

i'm not sure if 30 ap will make it "provide burst" but yea now that you mention it, it seems like a solid pickup since it scales a bit better and overall feels better to complete, specially since it got a lot more cost efficient

xypherous mentions dots aren't treated differently for spellvamp

tho the new wota isn't spellvamp so...

no idea

because I mean

theoretically speaking

Swain would never die

ever

I'm talking about that SV, WotA, RoA, Liandry

Everything would heal him, he'd never die, gg.

with his ult alone he'd be healing about 90% of the damage dealtx3

Einbroch

Banned
Vel'Koz is gonna be unstoppable with that change. No longer do you need to land a Q to get off your combo, first hit of W is enough.

I'm okay with that.

zkylon

zkylewd
new hud won't be releasing with 5.12 (which is gonna be next week)

hopefully it'll be done for 5.13

also i hope 5.12 has the new skillshot thingie

I actually like making items broken, shakes things up.

Just wish AD got the same treatment at the same time.
yeah i kind of agree, just feels like a weird time to do it

adc can rot tho :>

jerd

Holy moly

My brain is mush right now so I can't really process the changes but rn I'm just thinking i better get in the habit of banning vlad

Holy moly

My brain is mush right now so I can't really process the changes but rn I'm just thinking i better get in the habit of banning vlad

what's wrong

40% slow on 3 second cooldown and true damage lifestealing too much for you

you won't be even able to move with swain and his slow stacking

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't necessarily hate the idea of having a permaslow item, but i think the stats it's bundled with might make it really difficult to balance

i'm guessing making it give less hp is gonna be necessary if they want to keep the silly slows

it's still weird cos you're not gonna want to rush it on most mids, and as a second item it's gonna be less dmg than deathcap/ludens, and soon enough you'll be wanting void staff, etc...

so even if the slow sounds crazy it might still be a situational item because of how strong the extra burst from ludens is

Rumble Q probably counts as DoT so 20% slow isn't too bad I guess?

This just makes Mallet look even worse.

wiki says it's just regular aoe (q deals dmg every 0.5s, but the dmg is applied once every time)

rumble is gonna be so dumb haha

Ferga

Is runeglaive completely new or replacing magus?

I'm out of the pbe loop

Inhibitor & Nexus Turrets
Attacks no longer slow movement speed by 10% and reduce targets damage by 15%.

Thank fucking god.

I can actually end games now.

My only hope is that Rumble isn't nerfed regardless of how these changes impact the game.

please no

thing about rumble is that he's one of the few consistent pro picks that's usually never banned

unless they revert the rylais changes, he'll get nerfed by the end of the year

subtles

thing about rumble is that he's one of the few consistent pro picks that's usually never banned

unless they revert the rylais changes, he'll get nerfed by the end of the year

I guess I should find a really obscure champion to main and pray Riot never looks my way again. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
well, champions are (usually) nerfed for a reason, so unless they're completely destroyed (which doesn't happen all that often) they should be ok after nerfs, specially if you main them

like, if rumble is op and gets nerfed to "balanced" or "slightly up" you should be ok because your experience with the champion makes up for it

if you were just riding on the opness then yea you're screwed :p

killatopak

Gold Member
I can finally use Swain again.

*cries happily*

So much mobility champs so I quit using him. Hopefully, these new changes will make him stronger again.

subtles

Believe me, if I pick up Heimer a few months down the line he'll be changed. I normally pick champions after they were nerfed, so the 'op' factor never really appealed to me. It's just that every time I start liking a certain part of a champions kit that's the part Riot decides they don't like anymore. I haven't really even bothered getting into the numbers of League yet as I'm still focused on Laning and general macro play; I honestly don't bother with patch changes too much because they are irrelevant to me until I can get to mid Plat imo. It's more that the champion feels and plays differently and that's what worries me about certain 'nerfs.'

Kenai

I feel like those AP items are going to be overkill on several champs. :/

But whatever. I like being able to finish Liandry's now.

Karma definitely will enjoy some of them, but shouldn't be (as) overpowered as the usual suspects. Which is fine, probably ideal.

jerd

Believe me, if I pick up Heimer a few months down the line he'll be changed. I normally pick champions after they were nerfed, so the 'op' factor never really appealed to me. It's just that every time I start liking a certain part of a champions kit that's the part Riot decides they don't like anymore. I haven't really even bothered getting into the numbers of League yet as I'm still focused on Laning and general macro play; I honestly don't bother with patch changes too much because they are irrelevant to me until I can get to mid Plat imo. It's more that the champion feels and plays differently and that's what worries me about certain 'nerfs.'

If that's the case then there are probably about 5-10 champs that are probably more trouble than they are worth atm. Outside of that, if you have a good feel for a champ you can make them work, even if they aren't a traditional pick. Just play what you want and have fun with it.

I'll go down to like 5 champs even that are just a constant struggle right now. Elise (post 15 minute irrelevance), Syndra (bugs for days), and Urgot (just imo but he's still garbage idc what anyone says). As someone who is still learning the game you could throw lee and shaco in there just because you have to work a lot harder with them to be as impactful from the the jungle as a tank would be but I think that's a lot of the fun of those champs so they're still pretty cool imo.

Please don't make ppl play swain again. I hate him so much. How is vlad going to be after the changes to WOTA?
Also any tips on playing against swain, I always get shit on when I play against him.

killatopak

Gold Member
Please don't make ppl play swain again. I hate him so much. How is vlad going to be after the changes to WOTA?
Also any tips on playing against swain, I always get shit on when I play against him.

Mobility mostly. It's what made me not play him.
The updated will of the ancients feels kind of crazy.
Vlad's gonna be so OP.

Updated liandry will put brand to the top. While the same could be said for teemo with nashor's tooth.

Leezard

"Toxic" has got to be one of the worst buzzwords Riot has coined.

It's vague as hell.

It has been used before Riot started using it, but they might have been a large factor in that it has catched on the way it has.

We should be happy "anti-fun" wasn't the one popular buzzword instead.

It has been used before Riot started using it, but they might have been a large factor in that it has catched on the way it has.

We should be happy "anti-fun" wasn't the one popular buzzword instead.

I'm pretty sure /v/ made it a popular buzzword around the time ME3 came out.

Also, RIOT MATH! 10% of 100 not make 9 bonus armor?
7vrFwXu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom