• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

I'm pretty sure /v/ made it a popular buzzword around the time ME3 came out.

Also, RIOT MATH! 10% of 100 not make 9 bonus armor?

Eh, no. You have around 91 armor, you get around 9.1 bonus armor for 100 total, rounding down the .1 or whatever small decimal you have.

It has been used before Riot started using it, but they might have been a large factor in that it has catched on the way it has.

We should be happy "anti-fun" wasn't the one popular buzzword instead.

Oh really?

Meh, I'm just tired of Lyte's pursuit against "toxicity". It's such a massive umbrella term.

subtles

If that's the case then there are probably about 5-10 champs that are probably more trouble than they are worth atm. Outside of that, if you have a good feel for a champ you can make them work, even if they aren't a traditional pick. Just play what you want and have fun with it.

I'll go down to like 5 champs even that are just a constant struggle right now. Elise (post 15 minute irrelevance), Syndra (bugs for days), and Urgot (just imo but he's still garbage idc what anyone says). As someone who is still learning the game you could throw lee and shaco in there just because you have to work a lot harder with them to be as impactful from the the jungle as a tank would be but I think that's a lot of the fun of those champs so they're still pretty cool imo.

Elise and Syndra were two of the changed champions I was referring to earlier. I really took a liking to them when I started playing but the experience was never the same after the changes. I still vividly remember ganking bot lane from behind their turret and repelling to a minion to avoid the aggro. I haven't really touched the jungle since Riot changed her, but plan to learn to jungle since no one in my lobbies ever wants to. I honestly think it's the most difficult role in league and planned to put it off for last loool. I never cared much for Lee to be honest, as I prefer methodical play over early aggression (which tilted me from Gold I when I was playing supportive champions and people were always fighting for no objective instead of farming for power spikes.)

I'm going to have to develop a calculated yet aggressive playstyle if I want to continue to climb, but plan to take a few weeks off while occasionally watching Korean Solo Queue/streams and practicing in customs just to get off tilt and take an outside perspective. (Voyboy made carrying despite being 7 kills down look like the easiest thing in the world.)

Rumble/Jungler?/Orianna/Sivir/Leona is the core I plan to build around, then moving on to mechanically demanding champions once I feel like I have the basics of the game down.

Feel free to add me (as well as any one else in the thread) if you'd like to play or chat sometimes @ subtles on NA.

Kenai

Elise and Syndra were two of the changed champions I was referring to earlier. I really took a liking to them when I started playing but the experience was never the same after the changes. I still vividly remember ganking bot lane from behind their turret and repelling to a minion to avoid the aggro. I haven't really touched the jungle since Riot changed her, but plan to learn to jungle since no one in my lobbies ever wants to. I honestly think it's the most difficult role in league and planned to put it off for last loool. I never cared much for Lee to be honest, as I prefer methodical play over early aggression (which tilted me from Gold I when I was playing supportive champions and people were always fighting for no objective instead of farming for power spikes.)

I'm going to have to develop a calculated yet aggressive playstyle if I want to continue to climb, but plan to take a few weeks off while occasionally watching Korean Solo Queue/streams and practicing in customs just to get off tilt and take an outside perspective. (Voyboy made carrying despite being 7 kills down look like the easiest thing in the world.)

Rumble/Jungler?/Orianna/Sivir/Leona is the core I plan to build around, then moving on to mechanically demanding champions once I feel like I have the basics of the game down.

Feel free to add me (as well as any one else in the thread) if you'd like to play or chat sometimes @ subtles on NA.

I'm kinda surprised you don't consider Orianna mechanically taxing. Ball placement and travel timing is pretty crucial on her. I would have expected Annie or Ryze.

If you want an easy to play jungler Amumu is pretty good and easy to learn but he is banned a fair amount so idunno about recommending him.

subtles

I'm kinda surprised you don't consider Orianna mechanically taxing. Ball placement and travel timing is pretty crucial on her. I would have expected Annie or Ryze.

If you want an easy to play jungler Amumu is pretty good and easy to learn but he is banned a fair amount so idunno about recommending him.

I play a fair amount of Annie now to be honest, but consider Orianna to be the epitome of the skills necessary to master mid lane. The foundation upon which one can become an infinitely better player as her skill ceiling is absurd, but the floor is quite forgiving. A champion that scales really well with player skill and has answers to almost any, if not every, match up.

Also I just really like Ori.

I'll try to learn Amumu as I've been the only person in any of my games to ban him. I ban him over Sejuani and Gragas. I find a good Amumu terrifying.

Kenai

I play a fair amount of Annie now to be honest, but consider Orianna to be the epitome of the skills necessary to master mid lane. The foundation upon which one can become an infinitely better player as her skill ceiling is absurd, but the floor is quite forgiving. A champion that scales really well with player skill and has answers to almost any, if not every, match up.

Also I just really like Ori.

I'll try to learn Amumu as I've been the only person in any of my games to ban him. I find a good Amumu terrifying.

I understand clicking with particular champs. I am Silver elo (maybe a bit higher now, meh) and I have stuck with a few champs like Karma, Ziggs, Fizz, Galio and MF through thick and thin. Sometimes that tenacity does pay off (or not).

I almost never play jungler and Amumu was probably the only one outside pre nerf Sej and pre nerf Diana that i could just pick up and play with no trouble. Sej is still fine and Vi is fairly easy to pick up also.

subtles

Let me rephrase that;

An intelligent Amumu. I saw our Lee Sin kill the enemy Amumu twice in the first few minutes and he still hard carried that....

Ok, I shot myself in the foot with that one.

Whenever I see a teammate pick Lee, Thresh, Yasuo etc I cry a little.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
this is quite messed up. please note team mmr. normal draft.
9iqfEtX.jpg

Leezard

I'll never understand why normal and ranked MMR are separate. Matchmaking 101, don't pit lower skill players against higher skill ones ever
One mode is more competitive than the other. Why should someone's ranked mmr be lowered by losing when practicing new champs in normals?

Don't get me wrong, I think games like that are no fun since there is no point in stomping low elo players. I do not enjoy smurfing for the same reason. I think combining their mmr to would lead to worse problems, however.

garath

this is quite messed up. please note team mmr. normal draft.

This is exactly why I'm migrating to playing more ranked just for the better games. It's not very much fun being on either end of that imbalance. They tend to prioritize groups over MMR in drafts. i.e. putting 4 premade against 4 premade regardless of MMR.

One mode is more competitive than the other. Why should someone's ranked mmr be lowered by losing when practicing new champs in normals?

Don't get me wrong, I think games like that are no fun since there is no point in stomping low elo players. I do not enjoy smurfing for the same reason. I think combining their mmr to would lead to worse problems, however.
Just make it so normal win/losses don't affect your MMR, I guess? Either that or keep MMR separate but have your ranked MMR affect your normal one greatly. Yeah, you shouldn't be punished for playing a casual mode, but you should be playing people of your skill level regardless of what you're playing.

I dunno, I just think the current system is flawed as fuck.

Leezard

Pretty sure it would only be ranked ==> unranked.
That could work. At the same time, why wouldn't someone who primarily plays normals and improves get to fight better opponents rather than other, for example, silver players?

This solution would probably work well for people who spend most of their time in ranked but I wouldn't be so sure about people in who spend most of their time in normals. Right now it's inaccurate for people who barely spend any time in normals, so you'd change one problem for another as your solution would be inaccurate for people who barely spend any time in ranked.

Perhaps allowing normal mmr to work as before except that the mmr also changes up/down if there is a significant difference after some ranked play.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'll never understand why normal and ranked MMR are separate. Matchmaking 101, don't pit lower skill players against higher skill ones ever
Nah, that's not the problem. The people I queued with have decent to high MMR. Normal/Ranked needs to be split.

zkylon

zkylewd
https://youtu.be/POzIylGkZqg

Teaser :)

Music sounds straight from Bastion <3
just watched it

looks fucking amazing

like a piranha man champion or something

so cool

yeah, essentially your ranked mmr should affect your unranked mmr but not the other way around

tbh i found this to be much less of an issue lately but i used to run into challenger and d1 players all the time because they rarely play any normals, which isn't too much fun since those types of players tend to troll all game long

The new changes to AP items sound fun. I'm imagining Cassiopeia with new Seraph's, Rylai's, Liandry's and RoA. Kinda stupid but you'd have buttloads of mana and HP plus all the AP you'll ever need.

Omnicent

looks like a Goobue from FFXIV:

crossed with a catfish and the grand Fisher from Bleach

hope it's a jungler

It had a very southern accent, so its probably based of the catfish (it even has the whiskers).
Also this will the longest work day ever (and then 90k's, 3102, & 2002 all day tomorrow wooo)

Pool Party update-
Day 1-3.5 million earned(3.5 million total)
Day 2-4.5 million earned(8 million total)
Day 3-6.5 millionish earned(14.5 million total)

As we get closer to the end of the weekend it seems to be ticking in. At this rate however, we still won't reach the grand prize unless we start getting over 10 million per day. And so far the trend has been going up by 1-2 million per day. There would have to be a deviance for us to get over 10 million tomorrow, during the weekend it's expected but we'd need about 15-20 million points earned per day if this spike doesn't start tomorrow.

Also-On that new monster sneak peek, I'm glad they're finally putting in the first real New Orleans character into the game. Hopefully he'll have a Mardi Gras skin and he'll like BBQ. And have a french accent.

drawkcaB

Could also use the sort of adjustments TB does. Played this champion frequently - use ranked MMR. Hasn't used the champion much - use ranked MMR with a downward adjustment or unranked MMR.

If the River King isn't a jungler I'm going to be quite disappointed.

zkylon

zkylewd
squid_lulu_by_dakusuwan-d8wty78.png

you're a kid you're a squid

Pool Party update-
Day 1-3.5 million earned(3.5 million total)
Day 2-4.5 million earned(8 million total)
Day 3-6.5 millionish earned(14.5 million total)

As we get closer to the end of the weekend it seems to be ticking in. At this rate however, we still won't reach the grand prize unless we start getting over 10 million per day. And so far the trend has been going up by 1-2 million per day. There would have to be a deviance for us to get over 10 million tomorrow, during the weekend it's expected but we'd need about 15-20 million points earned per day if this spike doesn't start tomorrow.

Also-On that new monster sneak peek, I'm glad they're finally putting in the first real New Orleans character into the game. Hopefully he'll have a Mardi Gras skin and he'll like BBQ. And have a french accent.

there's a bit of snowball effect since the rewards tend to boost doing the things that earn ppl points too

like sales = more gifts = more points
premade ip rewards = more premades = more points
double legendary skin chance on mystery gifts = more gifts = more points

and i'm guessing it'll bump up a fair bit during the weekend

mundo skin is unlikely but i'm feeling pretty good about the pool party minions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom