• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Enjoy your WifeStealer infests

The event is a neat idea, but the feedback and advertisement and timing need to be way better.
Well this is interesting-
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...iot_has_had_severe_management_and_leadership/

So just on the first page of reviews,all the reviews are positive, but management is cited as an issue in progressing through creative ideas. Which I mean, maybe it's confirmation bias on my part but..I said the exact thing a while ago.
These kinds of things always come up on GlassDoor, especially with people who are in highly rotating jobs or interns or whatever
Nami with swords is a pretty neat hero.

Doing the tutorial stuff for Doto it's neat.
NAGA IS CANCER. One of the best late game rat (100% uptime on splitpush) carries or a good utility support
rage.gif

Neat. Giant catfish champ. I was totally getting some Cajun vibes from that video.

I hope he's a top laner. I don't want another abomination like Rek'Sai running rampant.

Talking about new champions, I went and looked at the release dates and:

It's been 2 years since we got a cute champion(Jinx)
Within the last 8 releases, only 3 of them have been girls(River King will be the 9th release since Jinx).

I want another cute waifu character.

Edwardo

Within the last 8 releases, only 3 of them have been girls(River King will be the 9th release since Jinx).

I'm down for another 2 years without a cute champion.

>implying Kalista isn't max waifu tier

Anyways, I know Riot gets slammed a lot, but I gotta give em credit sometimes. Their artists are fucking amazing. New champ models look great, splash arts are phenomenal, and the videos.... man the videos. SO GOOD.

Kenai

We don't have a whole lot of monster champs and he seems cool.

I approve of this message

zkylon

zkylewd
honestly kalista is one of my favorite character designs in the game

i love her light armor and her like "spartan" stance and her smaller frame and barefeet and her ghostly color and her spears and everything

kaly's awesome

kalista_by_inkinesss-d85vyt4.jpg

just look at her

so cool

Her VA is kinda bad though.

I do like how they went with a "tormented" look. And one thing that I do like about her is that she's a specter but she has flashes of memories of her old life. I thought that was pretty neat.

zkylon

zkylewd
would be cool, but i duno how you'd balance that

maybe he's buffed in the two rivers and he can also create small rivers similar to like reksai tunnels or something?

Einbroch

Banned
Guys you're making me sad.

We don't need another "crap, how do we reuse this kind of ability" Rek'Sai/newchamp like we did Yasuo/Braum. I want fresh.

zkylon

zkylewd
rito, maybe if your new river champion will be splashing everybody, we might need to bring back the swimsuit conversation :>

Guys you're making me sad.

We don't need another "crap, how do we reuse this kind of ability" Rek'Sai/newchamp like we did Yasuo/Braum. I want fresh.
doesn't have to work exactly like that

maybe when he leaves the river he creates a watery path like nocturne q or something

Einbroch

Banned
that's a good point

i imagine that if he's gonna have some river interaction he'll be able to make rivers of his own somehow

Now this is an idea.

He leaves a trail behind him of water that he can interact with somehow. One of his abilities is an "explosion" of water around him, leaving a pool, and his other three abilities interact with it and his trail. Like he has an ability that can freeze it, stunning anyone on it, etc.

Imagination is fun.

But what about TT, ARAM, and Dominion?

Tying a passive to a specific map isn't the best idea.

but those aren't important maps and are a waste of resources, kappa :)

I was thinking of a sweet ult. Kinda like Namis in that it creates a long wave that knocks up/damages, but the river king needs to be in the river when he activates it. And when he does, the river on the opposite end of where he is mimics the deluge of water as well. So for instance lets say he's pushing bot, and his team gets in a teamfight at baron. He walks over to the river at bot, pops his ult, and bam the ult happens on the baron river as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like the idea of him being a champion that "lures" you somewhere, maybe the river or the jungle or whatever

like he has to present an opportunity or weakness or something that makes you want to chase him and if you miss that window you're like fucked because now you're in his lair

or something

i duno

jerd

Maybe they'll give him the nidalee bug and he'll appear at random places on your minimap

Just sucks we probs won't actually see him until next week

Maybe he'll have some kind of ability that buffs a teammate, enemy, or himself that has negative effects at the end.

Yeah.

I think there's definitely some sort of "sell your soul to the devil" kind of mechanic to him.

I hope his river interaction isn't just bonus stats.

Leezard

How about Tamm (the new champ's name apparently) can create brush in the River that can be destroyed by the enemy standing in them, but Tamm gets some bonus by standing in his own brush, making destroying/facechecking them really dangerous.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like it better that rito doesn't straight up do licensed shit, but they do their own take on it like madoka lux

but i like pretty much all those champions so pls rito do stuffs for them

i like it better that rito doesn't straight up do licensed shit, but they do their own take on it like madoka lux

but i like pretty much all those champions so pls rito do stuffs for them

like zky says

it's cheaper to steal desi-I mean be 'inspired' by other things then it is to do crossover licensing.

zkylon

zkylewd
They'd make so much money though.

So. Much. Money.

implying rito doesn't make stupid amounts of money already :p

like zky says

it's cheaper to steal desi-I mean be 'inspired' by other things then it is to do crossover licensing.
it's just how references work

with very few exceptions the references riot makes have enough of a twist on them to get away with it

for example madoka lux takes from many different mahou shojo anime, which makes it original work

can't exactly say the same about like jedi yi but old riot was weird lol

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean no one's gonna say they make up those things but they're cool references and who doesn't love fan service

are you gonna get mad at riot because they're not "official licensed skins" or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom