• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

I think there's one thing we don't have to worry about with Riot. We can worry about balance, or the out-of-game experience, or whatever, but when it comes to designing champions that are unique/cool, they never disappoint.

Yeah new sion is like the greatest thing ever thematically. So perfect

23qwerty

Huh, people sure fail to accept and dodge a lot in draft pick, weird.

Jesus christ I thought draft pick was supposed to be less troll

3 games in a row I've had people lock in the same roll as someone else

23qwerty

aYqFgrF.png

MIRROR MATCHUP CITY

Don't make me fucking remember I can't play ARR anymore

Also it's 2015, GP is cool and all but you can be a cool pirate without being a character from SpongeBob

Assassin mirrors are the utmost worst thing about this game.

I'd love to be able to describe LeBlanc Vs LeBlanc without using the word "cancer" but I can't.

"She got to level 2 first, well lane's over might as well roam"

This is my experience before the nerfs, mind you. Only thing worse than that is Katarina mirrors *shudders*

zkylon

zkylewd
pfftt

leblanc pre-6 is kind of bad at poking you under turret, so you can let yourself get pushed for a wave and keep in mind the level difference so you don't get surprised by her at 6. i don't think it's so bad, and when you're both 6 it's hilarious, i love it

and katarina is a awful champion overall, doesn't have to be mirror matchup :p

Nee pool party update

On phone so cant compare with previous updates, but about 8-9 million points earned friday

Forecast for today is breaking the minion goal, tomorrow possibly break the party ip weekend but we wont hit mundo.

Riot set the goalposts too high, they say its an experiment but they clearly knew what they were doing when baiting with a free skin

V_Arnold

Nee pool party update

On phone so cant compare with previous updates, but about 8-9 million points earned friday

Forecast for today is breaking the minion goal, tomorrow possibly break the party ip weekend but we wont hit mundo.

Riot set the goalposts too high, they say its an experiment but they clearly knew what they were doing when baiting with a free skin

Am I living in a time travel universe? Are you repeating yourself or did we go back to the starting point? :D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ahh ok. Enjoying it?
Yeah, it's cool.
rito with the bait and switch

got us all to play their fun video game with promises of a mundo skin

the bastards
I mean, there is something strange about setting abstract group goals for the community that can't be reached. I find it unlikely that Riot doesn't know how many games will be played and how many points can be earned. What is the takeaway the average player should have from the event failing? "I guess people didn't play this game enough."?

I was so happy to see the free champion thing on the pool party rewards.
But I just noticed today that you have to connect with a Facebook acount :/, I guess it is time to make a fake Facebook acount.

garath

Riot was probably hoping more people would do 5 man than normal. Probably had an uptick but not much. Its a little frustrating playing with and against people with big skill differences and its hard getting 5 people together to play normally let alone with similar skill.

I was so happy to see the free champion thing on the pool party rewards.
But I just noticed today that you have to connect with a Facebook acount :/, I guess it is time to make a fake Facebook acount.

I made a fake gaming Facebook today and linked it.

Einbroch

Banned
5 man is simply not an option for a lot of people. Should have made it 1 point per player when in a premade and adjusted the goalposts accordingly.

Riot was probably hoping more people would do 5 man than normal. Probably had an uptick but not much. Its a little frustrating playing with and against people with big skill differences and its hard getting 5 people together to play normally let alone with similar skill.

I made a fake gaming Facebook today and linked it.
Have you gotten your free champ yet? I linked it and gotten nothing yet.
Inb4 I get a 450 priced champ.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think rito probably overestimated, but from the estimates on reddit it seems like it'll be close so i dunno, it's just blocking cool stuff behind a silly "minigame", i don't think it's so bad

i can't believe ppl are getting up in arms because we're probably not getting that mundo skin

you guys just need to get some friends :>

Why haven't you unlocked all the 450 yet?

i still don't have ryze

fuck ryze :p

I mean, there is something strange about setting abstract group goals for the community that can't be reached. I find it unlikely that Riot doesn't know how many games will be played and how many points can be earned. What is the takeaway the average player should have from the event failing? "I guess people didn't play this game enough."?

That and my problem is how they worded it. They said that the pool party event is an experiment for community driven events, and what Im seeing is that they set it up to fail. Maybe they did overestimate how many people play(rofl), but I can see them saying later on "we wont do anymore community driven events because the pool party, while it did great wasnt a success like we envisioned it."

And zky its not about the skin, but what this means for events like these. Riot will be too afraid to try something like this or the compendium, and theyll just use this as an excuse.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is Buccaneer Tristana any good? I see it's on sale
It's fine but Tristana has lots of skins that are better.
1)Firefighter
2)Earnest Elf
3)Rocket Girl
4)Riot Girl

Old Bucc had a hook hand and some visual elements unique to the ocean on the gun. New Bucc doesn't really have any defining features.

zkylon

zkylewd
That and my problem is how they worded it. They said that the pool party event is an experiment for community driven events, and what Im seeing is that they set it up to fail. Maybe they did overestimate how many people play(rofl), but I can see them saying later on "we wont do anymore community driven events because the pool party, while it did great wasnt a success like we envisioned it."
i mean, maybe wait until it's over?

it was 3m per day, now it's like 8m per day, and the weekend's just started

the estimate on reddit says around 54m which is pretty fucking close to the mark

"set it up to fail" is like hilariously biased which i guess is how i'd describe most of what you say anyways :T

And zky its not about the skin, but what this means for events like these. Riot will be too afraid to try something like this or the compendium, and theyll just use this as an excuse.
and you know this how?

I wish I could join you on this crusade but unfortunately I unlocked him when I was just getting into the game and didn't know any better ��
haha yeah well, we all did dumb stuff on our teenage years

Pre Ryze was ok, he fell off after season 4. Rework Ryze is just 2X more garbage.
ryze was never ok

i think no one ever in their lives said "i hope ryze comes back!"

Riot experiments with shit all the time and it doesn't always work, just look at some of the featured modes. But that doesn't mean they stop doing new timed modes, they just stop doing that
one.

Going "Riot will just use this failed event as an excuse to never do it again" is some tinfoil hat shit

23qwerty

I had pretty much a full mirror match up game the other week. It was the most anti-fun thing ever.

Yeah mid annie mirror suuucks

I was winning lane but got ganked and she got the kill, pretty much impossible to outplay an annie as annie when she got that snowball going

jerd

I guess it's time for my annual "Play Games That I Bought During the Steam Sale for 10 Minutes Each so I Feel Less Guilty About My Purchases" event blech

I really wanted killing floor 2 but I hate spending more than $20 on games lol

Hopefully catfish man is a super cool jungler and he'll be out by the time i play again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom