• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
well did my bit for the cause and won like 3 premade games

hard to get 4 of your friends online at the same time and the random ppl that are up for invites for arams are so fucking troll haha

zkylon

zkylewd
rito hippalus said:
So far today is looking similar to yesterday but it's too soon to tell when the weekend effect will kick in and how strong it will be. It would take a bigger than average weekend to get all the rewards but its possible. We're rooting for all of the tiers to be hit but we know they're a stretch and hope the community doesn't hate the whole event if we fall short. We're just dipping our toe in the water with this type of event and will apply any lessons learned to the next one if we do it again.
Good luck in those premade 5s!

truly a deceptive mastermind of evil lol

truly a deceptive mastermind of evil lol

>Saturday is over in 6 hours
>"Still too soon to say if the weekend effect will kick in!"
>Literally halfway through the weekend

YOU DID IT RITO
yes I know that's from yesterday but it's funnier if you pretend I can't read

ac1w9ow.jpg

fVny4bg.jpg

evez2NQ.jpg

He's garbage in every meta but somehow, some way, I made him work. Whatever I was able to do in the past is gone now. There's nothing left in me. I lost it all.

I should just uninstall.

With that name every 3 or 4 games would be ruined because people thought I was trolling and would rage
e: 7 games in a row now. this last one had a teemo

finnnnaallly one won and the only reason I won is because I got carried beyond belief

I took top vs a Garen which is normally cake for ad tf. Somehow he got 20 more cs than me in lane and killed me once. :lol. I'm just so done with this. Any bit of skill I had in this game has been sapped out of me.

I apologize for the whining. I realize constantly posting like a sourpuss isn't fun to read and doesn't improve discussion. Just had to vent a little (ok maybe a little more than a little)

vJakymy.png

Despite staying top for 80% of the game and only interacting with Lee/Renekton all game, Swain is a monster.

I cannot wait until the Liandry/RoA/Rylais buff. He'll become more of a monster, he'll become a God. Only quinn got close to doing the same damage as I did to champions...Huehuehueh.

vJakymy.png

Despite staying top for 80% of the game and only interacting with Lee/Renekton all game, Swain is a monster.

I cannot wait until the Liandry/RoA/Rylais buff. He'll become more of a monster, he'll become a God. Only quinn got close to doing the same damage as I did to champions...Huehuehueh.
Please I really really don't want swain to be good.
I am kinda being hypocritical when I play vlad.

I honestly don't think anything makes me want to not play more than winning a game i didnt deserve to win

its like well i guess i should just stop before my shitty play starts actually affecting the outcome of the game

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So during my dark ban, I explored other mobas. Here are my impressions.

Dota 2: I have n idea what I am doing. This is more RTS than i can handle. I looked into the dota 2 OT for guidance but I found crude MS paint drawings.

Heroes of the Storm: Very simple game. Hero paywalls are ridiculously high.
20 dollars for a pony, 10 for a hero
You can't get nuked because of no ridiculous item scalings. Yet if your team is bad there is no carrying.

Smite: Played two games of this. Using abilities are weird because of the whole moving and third person thing. I might try this with a controller. Reminded me a lot of monday night combat. And yet, get CC'ed and your dead.

Vainglory: Still owns the mobile market.

jerd

Smite: Played two games of this. Using abilities are weird because of the whole moving and third person thing. I might try this with a controller. Reminded me a lot of monday night combat. And yet, get CC'ed and your dead.

Ugh i wish this were the case. I really enjoy smite but i hate the way cc works. Durations are similar to league but everyone in the game has cc immunity in their kit in addition to nutso mobility. Literally every god. On top of that you can get a qss equivalent for a whopping 300 gold (probably equal to about 175 or less in league bc you don't have to last hit and gold gens faster). Plus most of the cc in the game is in the form of in line skillshots so don't miss.

My friend who has only played smite thought it was ridiculous when i told him there was a champ in league whose entire ultimate is cc immunity

One thing i love tho is Ares' cripple. Basically a silence that only prevents dashes/jumps/mobility abilities

jerd

Meh it's not bad but it's basically just a cooler looking pantheon ult. Thanatos' is a more satisfying version of the same thing. Janus also has an amazing ult, and hercules.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Dota 2: I have n idea what I am doing. This is more RTS than i can handle. I looked into the dota 2 OT for guidance but I found crude MS paint drawings.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/qckss/new_players_reddits_compiled_guide_to_dota2/
You can get someone to coach you too, I'd do it since people here helped me out a few games.

You can learn shit after you pick a fun hero you wanna play.

Leezard

Heroes of the Storm: Very simple game. Hero paywalls are ridiculously high.
20 dollars for a pony, 10 for a hero
You can't get nuked because of no ridiculous item scalings. Yet if your team is bad there is no carrying.

Vainglory: Still owns the mobile market.

Have you finished MH4U already?

killatopak

Gold Member
dunno why you'd actually want to play dota though
gameplay looks terrible

It's not.

I initially didn't like LoL too because I played Dota for far too long and LoL looks like a kiddy moba to me.

Now I'm super addicted to LoL. You should give Dota a chance. You might like it.

zkylon

zkylewd
very interesting that if monte's team might become the first league team with a female player on lcs

hope it happens, would do the whole scene well i think, tho i would be genuinely scared for her

It's not.

I initially didn't like LoL too because I played Dota for far too long and LoL looks like a kiddy moba to me.

Now I'm super addicted to LoL. You should give Dota a chance. You might like it.

yea i think it's weird to see doto and think it looks any worse than league, maybe a bit slower but it's like, really similar looking :T

most of my issues with it is that doto by design doesn't have the things i like most about league like skillshots and pretty girls, at least not in the quantity i need to enjoy myself lol

zkylon

zkylewd
pool party thing is at 38m which means the pool party minions are unlocked which to me was the coolest reward so pretty happy with this thing

i know this is pretty dumb since riot could've just enabled them without all this pool party nonsense, but i'm not sure if i can be too spiteful for them getting ppl to play premades, i know i had fun times with random ppl that added me from the forums that were terrible at the game but still funny. like, not sure if riot should bother with these things, really, when they can just do them for free. they have the minions on pbe already, so they were clearly gonna at least put in the work to model them even if they didn't reach that goal

weekend seems to be about over tho, and pool party mundo is inevitably not happening. party ip weekend is close, but not sure how likely it is since on sundays ppl don't play much at night i guess

Fracas

#fuckonami
very interesting that if monte's team might become the first league team with a female player on lcs

hope it happens, would do the whole scene well i think, tho i would be genuinely scared for her

She's been saying she's out if they make the LCS, unfortunately. It's a shame, she seemed really good in the games I've seen her in.

Hopefully it's all just talk.

She's been saying she's out if they make the LCS, unfortunately. It's a shame, she seemed really good in the games I've seen her in.

Its probably be too stressful. I mean...I dunno but I remember when they had a close up of her and her friend during a tourney, she noticed she was on camera and kinda recoiled to hide? That and she pulled up her sleeves even though they were already up...I think having a spotlight on her would be too much probably. If she says shes out...I dont blame her. The league community could be harsh.

Volimar

Don't forget that if you want to get your mystery champ you have to link to their dumb Facebook thing. It's in the client in the add friend button.

zkylon

zkylewd

yeah, i wouldn't blame her, i can imagine the hell the community might put her through, but it would be a nice step forward for the scene

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
He's garbage in every meta but somehow, some way, I made him work. Whatever I was able to do in the past is gone now. There's nothing left in me. I lost it all.

I should just uninstall.
might have had something to do with the malphite who executes and the furor/hurricane caitlyn

but if it makes you feel better i lost some rough zyra games when i came back, so stay on the horse.

Nev

Banned
No, really, does SOMEONE enjoy playing Irelia? I've been playing videogames for 15 years and I've never found a more disgusting character in every goddamn sense. She's just disgusting. She's like the complete opposite of Karma, the goddess.

subtles

I tried to get into Irelia when she was recommended as a top laner but dropped her after a few games as I didn't like her much. The outplay potential in her kit is quite nice to see from experienced players, though.

Nev

Banned
As you should've guessed, such aberration is not present in my champion pool. I've NEVER played that thing, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom