• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
As a nami player, that's not even close to the worst thing about windwall. Stupid skill imo and I'm glad Yasuo got dumpstered hard.

zkylon

zkylewd
As a nami player, that's not even close to the worst thing about windwall. Stupid skill imo and I'm glad Yasuo got dumpstered hard.

i mean, he's stupidly frustrating to play against as nami, but he's supposed to block projectiles or projectile-like things (like tidal wave)

azir q is like his soldiers dashing, it just feels weird

anyways pretty pissed that i didn't get to record me flashing away, yasuo q'ing at my old spot a full half a second later and still killing me

had a lot of bugs this game, riven also revived thru ga on top of my ult and didn't get knocked back (and i put down the ult after she was dead)

these kinds of things are kind of the worst issue with league right now. it's not the meta, or the lack of replays or whatever, it's the game being so fucking buggy

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pretty much. It's on a champ that already has such an overloaded kit which is why I'm annoyed by it. And it's not even an ultimate...

All these new champions(Except bard lol) have overloaded kits

it's how they're viable(except bard).

for example-
Ekko-
HEY I GOT A
SLOW
STUN
JUMP
I REGAIN HEALTH AND GAIN A SHIELD AND DO MASSIVE DAMAGE FOR MY ULTI

reksai
HEY I HAVE A HUGE VISION RANGE(through the power of sooound0
WITH A TELEPORT
AND A KNOCK UP
AND A SLOW
AND ANOTHER SLOW
AND A LITTLE TUNNEL FOR DASHING

gnar
HEY I TRANSFORM AND
SLOW
SLOW
STUN
HAVE A JUMP
GAIN HEALTH AND SHIT IN MMONSTER FORM
HUGE STUN IN MONSTER FORM TOO
WITH EVEN MORE SLOWWWS

It's been the status quo for the last 10 champions(except bard) or so

jerd

I don't play a ton of reksai but I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a slow in her kit

Besides everything sounds op when u put it in caps

Also i kinda think it is ok that we have champs that are strong bc they have strong kits and other champs that are strong bc they are just a big ball of stats

It's when they're both that they cause problems

if u think that stuff is op then u should play some dota.

never said it was op, just overloaded

I don't play a ton of reksai but I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a slow in her kit

Also i kinda think it is ok that we have champs that are strong bc they have strong kits and other champs that are strong bc they are just a big ball of stats

Doesn't reksais stupid pew pew thing slow
and I know it sounds op when I put it in caps

its what I learned in League school, people will listen to u when you caps

Bacon

Yeah make everything overloaded. These new champs are way more fun to play than older champs and that's what I'm here for.

Hey if they rework every champion to be overloaded I'd be okay with that.

Makes it exciting.

think of the possibilties

swain

transform from level 1, manaless to retain form
his E, W, Q take new properties when transformed
Q shoots a lazer like viktor and attaches to all it hits
W chains off snares, so whenever someone is snared another snare appears on their feet(happens only off initial W)
E calls down a flock of ravens around each ally no matter where they are in the map, they attach themselves to the closest enemy champion(They do no damage but they give the increased % damage to allies)

it will be glorious

it will be a reign of crows

Well i responded so i guess you're right lol

:)

zkylon

zkylewd
That is a weird one but wind wall is one of the coolest abilities in the game and idk why people hate it so much
i really like windwall, it's a cool spell to play against even if it's often super frustrating

yasuo's issue for me is always the shield

you can't outplay a shield

nah i think that's one of league's biggest champ design issues

kits should be really good when used well, but also pretty bad when used poorly

not every champion should be too extreme about this, but all champions should be fuckupable and while some champions should be more reliable, they should probably be more predictable to compensate, while riskier champions should have good fallback patterns to go to if they can't do their thing

Doesn't reksais stupid pew pew thing slow
it doesn't

Hey if they rework every champion to be overloaded I'd be okay with that.

Makes it exciting.
not sure if that's the solution, but having champions be more interesting is a good idea

some champions like thresh or ori or yasuo or azir may be overloaded but they're cool as fuck when expertly executed

not sure if overloaded is the right word, but they're clearly too complicated for riot to release in a balanced state and they're all generalists, which is something riot was supposedly trying to get away from, champions like reksai or kalista or azir kind of work in every comp, and that's kind of the big issue, specially since they're supposed to be fairly niche lol

i think even bard right now is kind of used a lot?

not sure if overloaded is the right word, but they're clearly too complicated for riot to release in a balanced state and they're all generalists, which is something riot was supposedly trying to get away from, champions like reksai or kalista or azir kind of work in every comp, and that's kind of the big issue, specially since they're supposed to be fairly niche lol

i think even bard right now is kind of used a lot?

that's a good way of putting it, the champions just fit no matter what

like...days where you had 'protect the X' comp are gone because you have offensive champions that can fulfill that role without sacrificing a slot on a disengager. azir for example can engage and disengage effectively. if you look at anivia for example, she's probably teh best disengager but her Q has a huge tell and isn't great for engaging. Even her most unique thing for the longest time, the wall is in Azirs kit in a form. whereas anivia is the master of controlling an area around her, azir fulfills that role and more

what I'm trying to say is they need to give anivia a 750 range dash

jerd

Idk zky i think simple champs are really important and it's fine if they're strong, but they need to be strong bc they are simple to play and hard to fuck up not bc they are simple to shit on people if that makes sense

Nekofrog

Banned
GqOgK2J.jpg

whhhhhhhy

Ferga

I don't know why but I seem to lose a lot of games where I get a lead because my adcs want to split push.

Drives me insane.

Tizoc

Pretty sure Yasu's wind wall can't block Kog's W as I've managed to land it against him after he throws it out.

Leezard

The tidal wave should be made up of several particles so the whole wave won't get canceled because a pixel on the end of the wave touched the wind wall. :(

On a three game losing streak. Every game I've played so far goes, I wreck my lane, be it jungle or top, gank mid a bunch of times, open the gates and we lose.

Bot lane just hates me. I have not gone a single game so far where bot lane hasn't fed to the enemy team. I've taken TP to help bot lane, but every game Bot duo either feed like crazy when TP is on cool down or just complain that they are losing/not/getting farm/supp is terrible/adc is terrible.

Grrrr. I wish something would change with that lane. Nearly all the most toxic players I have ever met are bot laner mains.

Newt

On a three game losing streak. Every game I've played so far goes, I wreck my lane, be it jungle or top, gank mid a bunch of times, open the gates and we lose.

Bot lane just hates me. I have not gone a single game so far where bot lane hasn't fed to the enemy team. I've taken TP to help bot lane, but every game Bot duo either feed like crazy when TP is on cool down or just complain that they are losing/not/getting farm/supp is terrible/adc is terrible.

Grrrr. I wish something would change with that lane. Nearly all the most toxic players I have ever met are bot laner mains.
I can confirm this as a botlane main toxic player.

MaxiLive

Agreed! I don't think the biggest issue is the champs themselves as the overloaded kits is what can make them fun and give them the massive skillcap. But the issue is that players need to understand their kit even if they don't play them which is very demanding for lower elo tiers.

I still see people not reacting the the Ekko Baseball skillshot thing they still fun into the bubble as they think Ekko is running only for him to dash auto back in and stun them.

It might be okay to have the champion to have one skill that is quirky with multiple layers to it but with Ekko all of them seem to have there own quirks.

Nev

Banned
Yeah make everything overloaded. These new champs are way more fun to play than older champs and that's what I'm here for.

This is true. New champions are just so much funnier to play and play against. I'm glad they're making them more complex instead of simpler and I'm actually surprised considering the game is run by Ryze and Tryndamere, whose champions are the prime example of garbage, toxic unidimensional kits. Look at old kits and see how painfully binary and retarded these are. I mean compare playing Azir to fucking Ryze, Bard to Taric, or better yet, old Sion to new Sion. I hope it doesn't take too long to bring them all to the current standard.

jerd

This is true. New champions are just so much funnier to play and play against. I'm glad they're making them more complex instead of simpler and I'm actually surprised considering the game is run by Ryze and Tryndamere, whose champions are the prime example of garbage, toxic unidimensional kits. Look at old kits and see how painfully binary and retarded these are. I mean compare playing Azir to fucking Ryze, Bard to Taric, or better yet, old Sion to new Sion. I hope it doesn't take too long to bring them all to the current standard.

I mean... I guess Taric if i have to choose

zkylon

zkylewd
that's a good way of putting it, the champions just fit no matter what

like...days where you had 'protect the X' comp are gone because you have offensive champions that can fulfill that role without sacrificing a slot on a disengager. azir for example can engage and disengage effectively. if you look at anivia for example, she's probably teh best disengager but her Q has a huge tell and isn't great for engaging. Even her most unique thing for the longest time, the wall is in Azirs kit in a form. whereas anivia is the master of controlling an area around her, azir fulfills that role and more

what I'm trying to say is they need to give anivia a 750 range dash

i think it wouldn't be such a big deal if all the champion in the game were like that, which i guess is kind of the point of the reworks.

like, a ton of older champions, specially release champions were super niche to the point that they did one thing or they were completely useless.

new champions are good in a lot of different scenarios which imo is a good thing but they're all so hard to balance that they end up not having a defined niche, or at least it's very blurry, so they're overly viable which i don't think was the idea

so probably both cases are kind of bad, but i'm guessing it'll be slowly improved like usual

Idk zky i think simple champs are really important and it's fine if they're strong, but they need to be strong bc they are simple to play and hard to fuck up not bc they are simple to shit on people if that makes sense
i'm not against simple champions, i just think you need to be able to screw up so that you're able to demonstrate skill. there should be a different degrees of complexity for sure, and you can have champions with a low skill floor, it's just that things like ryze happen when these champions are allowed to be just as strong as the others.

that's kind of why i was surprised you didn't have to land spells to get passive stacks on new ryze. the answer rito gave me made sense but that was a red flag for me because you're not "skill gating" his I WIN TRADES mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom