• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah this week might be the champion reveal, as well as 5.12

i'm guessing gp, mf and river king might be in 5.14 unless 5.13 is a long cycle

Nekofrog

Banned
Conversation between me and newt last night:

Newt: I think I'm just going to level my smurf. Ranked has finally taken its toll.

Me: ranked always takes its toll GET IT GEEEEET IT HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sivir injoke

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Conversation between me and newt last night:

Newt: I think I'm just going to level my smurf. Ranked has finally taken its toll.

Me: ranked always takes its toll GET IT GEEEEET IT HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sivir injoke

Y6SjirJ.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Real talk though, Turtle has really been slumping hard. Hope things work out for both him and Keith.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yo somebody tell me how to get vision control

I'm warding and warding and sweeping and it's still not enough and we get caught

I'm warding and warding and sweeping and it's still not enough and we get caught

Depends. If your getting pushed back to your half of the map, theres only 4 points you should be warding, the entrances to your jungle. Ward offensively if objective is up. If youre pushing them down, then that assumes you have vision of them but you still wanna ward around where your pushing.

Leezard

It can be quite difficult to explain properly, but the jist of it is the following

You want to do something, either farm in lane, protect your towers or get an objective.
Ask yourself: Which paths can the enemy take in order to enter the area to contest the objective?
You want to ward these entrances, according to some priority. For dragon if you are blue side, that can be banana brush + near their blue buff + near mid lane. Bot lane entrance is lower priority in many cases and might not be coverable unless a teammate helps you ward it.
At the same time you want to remove enemy wards near these entrances, for which you need sweepers/pink wards. Pink wards are really good since they can both provide vision and ensure the enemy does not have it warded. Priority applies here as well, as you have a limited number of pinks/sweepers.

The enemy will try to sweep your wards as well, so sometimes it helps to place your wards in a sub-optimal but still good spot in order to avoid common sweeping areas. That's more advanced though, and will come with experience.

That's the short of how it works.

edit: Oh and sometimes you can't ward everywhere because the enemy has some pressure over some areas, so you will need to call for your team to help you ward there.

Over the weekend I joined the "DominionLFG" chat room and got in a 5-man team almost immediately. We lost the first game and won the second. So I did my pool party part.

Now to buy the rest of the cheap champs.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Depends. If your getting pushed back to your half of the map, theres only 4 points you should be warding, the entrances to your jungle. Ward offensively if objective is up. If youre pushing them down, then that assumes you have vision of them but you still wanna ward around where your pushing.

It can be quite difficult to explain properly, but the jist of it is the following

You want to do something, either farm in lane, protect your towers or get an objective.
Ask yourself: Which paths can the enemy take in order to enter the area to contest the objective?
You want to ward these entrances, according to some priority. For dragon if you are blue side, that can be banana brush + near their blue buff + near mid lane. Bot lane entrance is lower priority in many cases and might not be coverable unless a teammate helps you ward it.
At the same time you want to remove enemy wards near these entrances, for which you need sweepers/pink wards. Pink wards are really good since they can both provide vision and ensure the enemy does not have it warded. Priority applies here as well, as you have a limited number of pinks/sweepers.

The enemy will try to sweep your wards as well, so sometimes it helps to place your wards in a sub-optimal but still good spot in order to avoid common sweeping areas. That's more advanced though, and will come with experience.

That's the short of how it works.

edit: Oh and sometimes you can't ward everywhere because the enemy has some pressure over some areas, so you will need to call for your team to help you ward there.
Good stuff, thanks for the tips guys.

Vision control is by far the weakest part of my game, been trying to work on it for a while now.

Pancakes

A Championship Rumble skin with blue flames would be truly outrageous.

I wonder what this year's Victorious skin will be?

Jarvan, Elise, Janna, and Morg got victorious skins. Gotta be an ADC or Mid laner that get's it this time imo.

Victorious Sivir is looking very likely imo.

Ferga

I'm getting 6-8lp per win then loss (i.e. lose 15lp win 22lp) since my mmr is still diamond 4

It's kind of degrading to slowly progress back to d4 like this. Makes me wonder why this system even exists.

zkylon

zkylewd
you don't do ranked

who doesn't do ranked these day, it's all the rage hahahaha cause it makes you rage

fml
played a few games after placement and finished s4 in g1 but i didn't feel like trying to break plat or whatever

i feel like anything else is better than playing this game on my own

played a few games after placement and finished s4 in g1 but i didn't feel like trying to break plat or whatever

i feel like anything else is better than playing this game on my own

I'm the opposite, I get no enjoyment of playing with others and only gain enjoyment from getting my diamond back

I will be diamond, and I will become the destroyer of plebs

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i can imagine more competitive ppl can find solo q fun but i don't really like competitive games much so i'd rather just have a good time with friends or play something singleplayer which is always more enjoyable to me

jerd

I'm the opposite, I get no enjoyment of playing with others and only gain enjoyment from getting my diamond back

I will be diamond, and I will become the destroyer of plebs

The fucking pure unadulterated seething hatred for my solo q teammates is what keeps me coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom