• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I don't have a problem with it, I just think it's funny

I agree. But I think stacking is a boring, unoriginal thing to use in league.

And haha at Tahm having doto abilities in his kit.(and a HotS ultimate for his W!) At this point i have no faith in Riot creating a completely new unique champion. Like.....

Tahm seems fine thematically, but he just has an overloaded kit. It's sad.

Also his passive only affects Q. The fuck is that shit? Couldn't it just be a passive for Q? Stupid.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I agree. But I think stacking is a boring, unoriginal thing to use in league.
is it that hard to understand why stacking mechanics exist? they gate power and open up the potential for active/reactive play. if these abilities did not operate behind a stacking mechanic they would be considerably weaker and likely less interesting.
i can't think of any reason for this
don't even start.

Nah, u need 3 stacks to eat an enemy.

Oh good. Well....I think people are overestimating his effectiveness. then. People will bail out once they have 2 stacks, and his stun has quite a wind up.

is it that hard to understand why stacking mechanics exist? they gate power and open up the potential for active/reactive play. if these abilities did not operate behind a stacking mechanic they would be considerably weaker and likely less interesting.

It's just predictable and generic at this point.

Leezard

I think 3-stacks is fine. At this point it's a basic ability archetype, just like "target spell", "skillshot" or "auto attack modifier". It has counterplay and as Dimb says it allow for stronger abilities.

zkylon

zkylewd
about to leave soon but tahm sounds amazing but that w has got to be super frustrating to play against lol

i love him, glad that he's a support and not a jungler

probably not gonna be my style of champion but he's pretty awesome haha

like double tf ganks

holy shit

about to leave soon but tahm sounds amazing but that w has got to be super frustrating to play against lol

like double tf ganks

holy shit

It all seems very balanced though. His W makes him slow enough that unless he's paired with a Kalista/Thresh(Which he'll truly be broken), he's fine. Or unless he decides to use flash in conjunction with it.

Nev

Banned
That looks quite awesome tbh. His design had everything to look stupid but they did a good job, he looks cool. Meanwhile Taric tho.

drawkcaB

It's just predictable and generic at this point.

Yeah, good game design is generic.

zkylon said:

Man...I might have some bad news for you. He might not excel in the role, but I'm willing to bet he can do it just fine.

zkylon said:
he sounds really op top lane too, i hope he's not ranged

It'll depend on whether he uses mana or not. Q doesn't seem dependable because it's a first target only skill shot and I imagine W will be a long CD ability in the early levels. Even if the mana cost and CD on Q are low-ish (likely), spamming it to keep up against champions who can trade frequently will be tough. If he isn't mana gated than spamming Q becomes less of an issue.

Given the allied interactions of W and his ult he's probably more likely going to be played as support than anywhere else. Having a nearby ally at almost all times in the early and mid-game in order to maximize the potential of his ult for objective and push situations is too good to pass up as opposed to playing in either top or jungle solo roles. He's seems Alistar or Nautilus-like in that sense - being played as a support first and foremost but can work jungle or top if the player is so inclined.

don't even start.
<3

zkylon

zkylewd
he also has a top hat

that's straight op

It all seems very balanced though. His W makes him slow enough that unless he's paired with a Kalista/Thresh(Which he'll truly be broken), he's fine. Or unless he decides to use flash in conjunction with it.
i mean, your adc gets stunned, you eat him and tank for him, that's really strong specially with spells that have cast time, like syndra or ori ult or whatever

they may be unable to attack too but it just fucks over a lot of mids which is pretty cool and pretty annoying haha

Actually now that you mention it, it's gonna depend on his numbers but he could very well turn into Sion 2.0
yea that's what i thought when i saw his minion eating thingie, paired with the ranged harass from q. minion tossing is aoe too so his waveclear's gonna be pretty good

i think he shouldn't be ranged but i dunno how you're gonna apply that many passive stacks if you're melee

tho actually that might balance him as a support since relic shield will be bad on him

gonna be interesting, initial impression is that he should be melee cos he looks dumb top lane (and maybe mid too if the dmg on minion devour is good enough to clear)

Man...I might have some bad news for you. He might not excel in the role, but I'm willing to bet he can do it just fine.
i'm guessing depends on the time on his e sustain?

Leezard

i mean, your adc gets stunned, you eat him and tank for him, that's really strong specially with spells that have cast time, like syndra or ori ult or whatever

they may be unable to attack too but it just fucks over a lot of mids which is pretty cool and pretty annoying haha

Yup, it seems like a single target Zhonya's. It's going to be really good against assassins and bursty mages.

Tizoc

So what should we be maxing out with Tahm? His E or Q first?

like double tf ganks

holy shit

Thought you'd dislike him cuz he was licking Nami :V

why don't they give you any numbers

cooldowns, damage, damage types, scaling

like those are important things why wouldn't they just put them below the info

drawkcaB

why don't they give you any numbers

cooldowns, damage, damage types, scaling

like those are important things why wouldn't they just put them below the info

For consistency. They don't show those numbers in-game why bother showing them out of game?

I'm mostly joking. PBE, like StoneOcean said.

why does /v/ get all teh cool riot insiders

hdNmUQq.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
a melee support with no gap closer, no reliable CC and cant harass through minions? yeah this guy isn't going to be a support.

top laner maybe.

jerd

Yeah like his allied W is cool but idk if it has enough use cases to consistently be useful in lane. I think more often than not vs ranged you're just gonna be spitting minions at people

firefly reference.

called it.

also hes a jungler. no way people are gonna waste his r passive as a sup and r active is basically tf ult.

That's what I'm thinking. He'd be a totally broken jungler. That's probably why they didn't list him as a jungler.

Unless, UNLESS, he has long cooldowns.

Tizoc

This is my first time seeing the changes to the defensive masteries D=
Silly question but when will this update roll out or has it begun being rolled out?

jerd

There was a post on reddit recently that showed how gold inefficient the current measurable defensive masteries are compared to the offensive tree

There was a post on reddit recently that showed how gold inefficient the current measurable defensive masteries are compared to the offensive tree

the new defensive masteries?

And yeah in general the defensive masteries are shit. The offensive tree gives so much free gold(Penetration, AP/AD)

Leezard

Maybe Ryze isn't completely gutted, he did get some compensation buffs. At least he has to max Q and wait for lvl 9 until he gets really strong.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are you guys ready for god tier Trundle?
firefly reference.

called it.

also hes a jungler. no way people are gonna waste his r passive as a sup and r active is basically tf ult.
Seems pretty immobile for a jungler. He'd get destroyed when caught out. Part of the reason Gragas/Sej were so strong was their dash. As a support if someone TP ganks your lane you can drop them back off in their lane. To be honest teleport needs to be removed as a spell and reworked as scrolls. Two new champs and all they do when they ult is move across the map.

Also: NOT A FAN OF THE TURRET CHANGES. Turrets are already too weak.

Seems pretty immobile for a jungler. He'd get destroyed when caught out. Part of the reason Gragas/Sej were so strong was their dash. As a support if someone TP ganks your lane you can drop them back off in their lane. To be honest teleport needs to be removed as a spell and reworked as scrolls. Two new champs and all they do when they ult is move across the map.

I find trundle already strong.... I hate that champion.

They should make TP into scrolls.

But the way League is set up, is that the game would just stagnate more and the laning phase would go on foooorever. It's too late to add in a TP scroll to the game without fucking over the balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=45&v=bryKY8uBgdY

Tahms voice could be better. They should make it smoother and not add the...generic....monster growl aftereffect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom