• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

yourehereforever.png

Newt

hey newt wanna duo

you get to kill scrubs

I get to relive the diamond dream

everyones happy

so Tahms pretty broken

with 5000 hp he does over 300 damage on each autoattack
Too bad I only win on support. 90% of support champs are just too ez.

Exception is like Thresh who is probably one of the highest skill ceiling champs. Braum and Nami are kinda high skill requiring too.

jerd

RIP Ghost.

LOL. Riot will never learn.

If they didn't learn from Elise, Yasuo, Zyra, and Kalista they aren't about to learn now.

Yas and kalista were both buffed immediately after release

Of course yas was repeatedly nerfed in the ensuing patches but nobody thought either was op upon their release

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
And then needed to be nerfed into the ground again since rito doesn't want to wait and see how a champ can perform in skilled hands.

jerd

I mean if we're talking competitive sure, but for 99.9% of the player base Kali has never had a positive win rate.

I never see good/troublesome kalistas. I know the game isn't balanced for me or my elo but from the perspective of the vast majority of the player base she's simply really annoying.

I mean if we're talking competitive sure, but for 99.9% of the player base Kali has never had a positive win rate.

I never see good/troublesome kalistas. I know the game isn't balanced for me or my elo but from the perspective of the vast majority of the player base she's simply really annoying.

The thing I hate most about her is if she lives with like 1hp and life steal back to 100 in 3 seconds.

people tried to build kalista like everyone else

then someone (sneaky iirc) built runaans on her and it evolved from there.

now it's bt > runaans > lw which destroys teamfights hard.

Ferga

I don't know about thresh's skill ceiling. He's a support who I can solo carry bot with and I kind of suck at the role. All you need to do is hit hooks and decide whether to go in or not.

Not very hard if you have common sense.

I would say Bard and Nami are the hardest supports to play. Bard especially. I've seen a couple of goods Bards in solo queue and they control the entire map early on with his mobility and roam.

And every support main should learn Shen at the moment. He's pretty stupid damage wise if you hit taunts.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Support donger is the real secret OP. Hesindong running rampant in solo queue.

Newt

I don't know about thresh's skill ceiling. He's a support who I can solo carry bot with and I kind of suck at the role. All you need to do is hit hooks and decide whether to go in or not.

Not very hard if you have common sense.

I would say Bard and Nami are the hardest supports to play. Bard especially. I've seen a couple of goods Bards in solo queue and they control the entire map early on with his mobility and roam.

And every support main should learn Shen at the moment. He's pretty stupid damage wise if you hit taunts.
I agree his skill floor isn;t that high. He has a high skill ceiling tho.

You can do really insane things.

jerd

So tom's ult range is about 500 range higher than panth's/tfs at level 3. I assume as soon as you start the channel the indicator appears at the other end? If so it will be super telegraphed unless you're going solo or your teammate hops in really quick

Edit: nvm looks like the whirlpool shows up after takeoff

Cool. Sounds like if Tahm is on your team he tries to get you to make a deal with him. And if he's not, he insults you for not wanting to bargain with him.

zkylon

zkylewd
literally got killed with a single auto from draven in my last game lol

was pretty funny cos the whole game i was like i wish i could get close to him so i can burst him down

finally i get my chance

he clicks on me

ded

lol

LOL. Riot will never learn.

If they didn't learn from Elise, Yasuo, Zyra, and Kalista they aren't about to learn now.
aside from bard, all their recent releases have been strong as fuck

rek
gnar
ekko
and soon to be Tahm
i dunno, like, while there's been some ops, bard, azir and gnar all had to be buffed after release to be competitive

maybe "learn" is not the right word and ekko's not zyra bad but i think he left a sour taste on everyone's mouths because it was so obvious how op he was. like, i don't think ppl expected reksai to be as op as she was.

so maybe riot realizes this when balancing the new one

or not

i'm hoping they do, tam's numbers sound pretty op, specially the whole thing of the support doing high % max health, that sounds like a pretty dumb idea to put on a support

Let's talk about the Volley changes.

Champion Update: Ashe update heads to PBE said:
We gave Ashe more rounds in her Volley, so if she’s able to cast it from distance, she can theoretically hit more targets and instantly fully stack her Focus. However, to compensate, we retooled the ability so that enemies and neutral targets are now much more likely to absorb multiple arrows. Old Ashe could fairly reliably hit enemy targets through their minion wave, something that’ll be much harder to pull off with the updated ability. This means enemy frontliners can get up in Ashe’s face now and reliably tank every Volley round for their backline squishies. These changes should emphasize Volley as a tool for Focus development and crowd control rather than raw power and poke, and although it’ll be less of a threat during laning, the ability will have a bigger presence in teamfights, particularly when Ashe positions herself correctly.

Patch 5.12 Notes said:
Ranger's Focus is intended to provide a big payoff in spikes of damage for investment in the form of time spent building up Focus stacks. Currently this isn't actually the case, with would-be divers of the Frost Archer finding themselves gunned down by a flurry before the fight even starts (often thanks to tossing Volley into a minion wave or horde of enemy champions) and gaining access to her steroid instantly. Removing her immediate access to its powerful damage boost evens the playing field for her predators, requiring her to stay frosty in order to focus them down.

zkylon

zkylewd
does ekko have crazy base attack speed or something

i think i went for a gank once and turned back when reaching tribrush and he took out like 75% of my turret's hp

zky did you try out the touhou custom map yet
i don't play touhou so no idea but link me :>

Let's talk about the Volley changes.
haha that's pretety funny but tbh it does sound like it was kind of a bad idea to have multiple stacks on a single volley

Leezard

RiotLyte said:
We've changed a couple fundamental things in the new Team Builder experience that addresses this problem too.
1) Players will only have to choose 2 Positions (i.e = Top or Jungle), and we'll create a team based on players' preferences. We're still playing around with whether 2 positions is the right number.
2) By popular demand, we're introducing a new "Fill" position for players.
3) Players will no longer need to choose a Champion before entering the new Champion Select.
These are just 3 of the tweaks to the new Team Builder experience that make it a much faster, much more streamlined experience (and still fun and understandable to new players in League). We'll be talking about some of the bigger changes to the actual Champion Select in the near future. We hope that players prefer this experience to every other queue when it comes out!
As a side note, because we're already deep into the new Team Builder experience, we're not going to backwards patch or fix "Team Builder Classic" and will just leave it as-is until we replace some of these older experiences with the new Team Builder.

Team builder draft getting somewhat closer.
Now this is a new feature that I expect to be useful, getting 4 adc mains in ranked sucks, getting people who "mid or feed" and then troll sucks. Hopefully we will have better ranked experiences with this. I can expect that the quality of the games will increase when everyone gets a role they are comfortable on.

So there's an imgure album out there detailing uh...details on how Riot plays players, on some internal drama, Copenhagen Wolves were going to be up for sale....some interesting stuff. I won't link it here since I dunno if it's against the rules but...it's interesting.

Ambition

So there's an imgure album out there detailing uh...details on how Riot plays players, on some internal drama, Copenhagen Wolves were going to be up for sale....some interesting stuff. I won't link it here since I dunno if it's against the rules but...it's interesting.

Can I get a pm ?

Can I get a pm ?

Mhm I have to make a correction-Not how much Riot pays player, but some tampering stuff going on in the background with multiple teams involved, how much players are being offered....other details..

....Oh and apparently deficio is the one who wanted to stop being a caster and own/work with a team....It's hard to actually follow it since I don't recognize the names, but it's interesting.

Leezard

Mhm I have to make a correction-Not how much Riot pays player, but some tampering stuff going on in the background with multiple teams involved, how much players are being offered....other details..

....Oh and apparently deficio is the one who wanted to stop being a caster and own/work with a team....It's hard to actually follow it since I don't recognize the names, but it's interesting.

So what you looked at (I think) are the private logs from what is behind this ruling we saw a couple of weeks ago:
http://bit.ly/1IdGMfJ

This is what Deficio wrote about the situation:
https://www.facebook.com/LoLDeficio/posts/468601626637245

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
does ekko have crazy base attack speed or something

i think i went for a gank once and turned back when reaching tribrush and he took out like 75% of my turret's hp

i don't play touhou so no idea but link me :>

haha that's pretety funny but tbh it does sound like it was kind of a bad idea to have multiple stacks on a single volley
Touhou DoTs (2): http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Defence_of_The_Shrines_2
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310066170

820MB no wonder it took forever to download.
ashot_jugg.gif

Then you can try to get a game where everyone loads and play with 300ping because of Chinese host!

Tizoc

I have a question about the white boots- If they're equipped on say Tahm would they reduce the slow on him if he Ws someone?

The koreans are playing Shen

it's time

I have a question about the white boots- If they're equipped on say Tahm would they reduce the slow on him if he Ws someone?

.................hm. I wonder if cleanse would take away his debuff? It'd be gimmicky but hilarious.

Leezard

Apparently Tahm can't use the lantern while he has an enemy inside of him, he can when he devours an ally though. Tahm can be Kalista ulted while he devours an enemy at least.

MaxiLive

You haven't lived until you get an S+!

As long as you win the game as support you usually get a S+ xD

At least that is what it feels like.

I'm loving that Gnar skin, I never play top but that is sooooo cute. Hopefully there is some new VO to make him sound even cuter plus suave.

The new champ seems interesting and with it being a support I'm in!

Blizzard

Banned
I'm reading the patch notes and found Lux's E: Can be re-cast in flight to detonate on arrival

This is awesome for high ping people!

Ferga

I feel like the changes to ekko aren't right.

Should of buffed his attack speed and nerf his Q base damage and passive damage. The champ should auto attack more to get damage off so he's a niche pick.

The 100 mana to ult is justified though.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like the changes to ekko aren't right.

Should of buffed his attack speed and nerf his Q base damage and passive damage. The champ should auto attack more to get damage off so he's a niche pick.

The 100 mana to ult is justified though.
I would think nerfing his attack speed might hurt him in the jungle, and maybe that was part of the idea.

Lowering the R damage radius makes me sad since I was playing him today and might have hit someone with his ult ONCE. It is incredibly hard for me to see the ghost when enemies are running around it, and I would typically miss everyone with it and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom