• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiora's being actively worked on right now, both in terms of gameplay and art adjustments. She's not one of the next updates out (those'll be GP and MF), but will probably be one of the next updates after them.

On the gameplay side the guiding pillar's remained 'Grand Duelist', with abilities focused on dueling enemies, with speed and timing emphasized. Single target damage and mobility are likely to remain her strengths. She'll probably end up with a bit of situational CC and a bit more disengage than at present, though in exchange have a somewhat less guaranteed combat pattern (e.g. we've been testing a Q dash that's free targeted, rather than certain to hit once cast). In terms of existing weaknesses we expect she'll continue to lack AOE power and will still be a non tanky melee damage dealer. More details/discussion to follow closer to her release of course.
Worzeeing intensifies

garath

Let's talk about the Volley changes.

There theory was easy stacking in a teamfight but the reality turned Ashe into a nightmare to lane against. One volley in a minion wave and she was fully stacked and hitting you with flurries for big damage with a slow. It was rough. I like Ashe and I like playing her but I'll admit that was way too strong. It completely defeats the purpose of a stacking mechanism to add additional power if you can stack it instantly with no effort.

I don't think it will hurt her too much. It'll separate the good ashe from the great ashe!

There theory was easy stacking in a teamfight but the reality turned Ashe into a nightmare to lane against. One volley in a minion wave and she was fully stacked and hitting you with flurries for big damage with a slow. It was rough. I like Ashe and I like playing her but I'll admit that was way too strong. It completely defeats the purpose of a stacking mechanism to add additional power if you can stack it instantly with no effort.

I don't think it will hurt her too much. It'll separate the good ashe from the great ashe!

I played ashe vs cait the other day. We all in while i was at 60% and she was at 75% (she used her range to poke me down prior) and i just volley into Q won the all in by an inch.

Came back to lane and just ran a train on her. Did the doublelift BT first build turn their next gank 2v3 into a 3 for 0 for us and rekt the game.

kind felt bad for the cait because in my head i felt like cait should have won. Maybe poke a little more would have been better but still you know she all in while having the life lead. This was pre 6 and both supports were roaming. That one decision lead to me on ashe just snowballing the game out of control and by mid game their top lane tank just got melted by fully stacked Q.

garath

It is hilarious watching Nightblue play Tahm jungle on PBE. That kit is really loaded. And the damage is actually pretty insane. Top lane is a real possibility. Jungle too.

Edwardo

Active items are messed up right now. It'll show the item lit up as if u can cast it, but it shows the cooldown refreshing as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
Team builder draft getting somewhat closer.
Now this is a new feature that I expect to be useful, getting 4 adc mains in ranked sucks, getting people who "mid or feed" and then troll sucks. Hopefully we will have better ranked experiences with this. I can expect that the quality of the games will increase when everyone gets a role they are comfortable on.
my problem with team builder is that it doesn't replace the main modes so it's a fucking ghost town on my region

just remove regular blind pick, why is that shitty mode still there -__-

Touhou DoTs (2): http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Defence_of_The_Shrines_2
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310066170

820MB no wonder it took forever to download.
ashot_jugg.gif

Then you can try to get a game where everyone loads and play with 300ping because of Chinese host!

i can get into this

Einbroch

Banned
I'd be a-okay with ditching Blind Pick and instead just having Team Builder where you pick a role (or fill) and queue up that way.

I have absolutely no idea why this isn't in place. No downside at all.

drawkcaB

I didn't watch much footage of him so far, but can you comment on the stuff that players have done using the character?

Nothing outside of expectations - saving allies with W, ult transports.

To me, he's just a fully complete champion. The look, the VO, the visual & sound effects, the abilities, everything just comes together fantastically. Even if he's overtuned on release (as of right now he is) I'm still getting him. He fits so well with the kind of champions I like to play and it seems like he can fill my two favorite roles. The fact I can play him top too is just icing on the cake.

Leezard

my problem with team builder is that it doesn't replace the main modes so it's a fucking ghost town on my region

just remove regular blind pick, why is that shitty mode still there -__-

i can get into this

At least the new team builder draft will replace the old normal draft/ranked draft.

zkylon

zkylewd
tumblr_nmzoxl7JXU1uocmnpo1_400.png

that's rengar

girl version

in a school uniform

apparently someone made a league themed otome

it sounds kind of awesome, but i'm a bit confused that it has like a beat em up side and i don't really want to play that.

it's also like "summoner oriented" or something which is pretty weird, just make your silly vn about the league characters, who gives a shit about summoners ;_;

also ahri doesn't have fox ears, or whiskers. the tails would've been too much, i know, but u need the ears and the whiskers ffs

downloading it now, will post impressions :>

I'd be a-okay with ditching Blind Pick and instead just having Team Builder where you pick a role (or fill) and queue up that way.

I have absolutely no idea why this isn't in place. No downside at all.
like, in my region there's no draft normals since there's not enough ppl to support the mode, but we still have separate blind and team builder normals, it just makes no sense :T

At least the new team builder draft will replace the old normal draft/ranked draft.
doesn't really solve my issues since i don't play ranked

I was going to post that but the source was an anon on /vg/

but seeing as how half the good stuff is leaked on their, I should've
all the 4chan leaks on tahm where wrong tho

thankfully

i hate leaks, i hate my fun and my hype being ruined because some internet idiot

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's crazy how much impact you can have on a 5 man team in gold.

No one knows how to rotate or respond to objectives and split pushes it's amazing. And everyone knows they suck so you don't too much toxicity.

jerd

Dam they basically gave away the whole champion

That's so vague and based on a hint that riot already gave us. There are only so many conclusions you can draw from "eat".

Nev

Banned
So the lore of this guy is he'll take you anywhere for some dramatic exchange later on. I love how that means he should fuck the lives (he ate the lore guy's wife) of every champ he ults during a match.

I mean, I understand there will always be some kind of disconnection between lore and gameplay but this doesn't even require a certain scenario to happen in order for that disconnection to exist (playing Lucian and Thresh in the same team, ripping Lux apart as Garen etc), it's actually happening every single time you play because everyone who enters the ult should be fucked and they're not, automatically making the complete lore and theme of the champion utterly pointless and false because the part where he reclaims his bargain just doesn't happen.

Who is in charge of this shit? Seriously. Even a small health steal would imbue some sense to the whole thing and also provide an interesting mechanic for an ult that otherwise is basically Twisted Fate's Taxi Services.

Dam they basically gave away the whole champion

That's so vague and based on a hint that riot already gave us. There are only so many conclusions you can draw from "eat".

there was some other stuff as well *shrug*

I mean, having a champion that eats other is unique for league of legends, so it's pretty specific.

don't be sad no rioters visit neogaf and visit reddit/4chan more. I too would buttblast rioters if I saw them

zkylon

zkylewd
but it wasn't wrong
i mean, the only thing wasn't known by then (from the 5.11 patchnotes and other random pbe hints) is the eating part and that could just be luck.

meanwhile there were leaks on 4chan about him having a special passive while being in the river that were 100% wrong

so yea rumors will be rumors

i mean, the only thing wasn't known by then (from the 5.11 patchnotes and other random pbe hints) is the eating part and that could just be luck.

meanwhile there were leaks on 4chan about him having a special passive while being in the river that were 100% wrong

so yea rumors will be rumors

some are wrong, some are right

it's almost as if there is no accountiability to posting anything 4chan and anyone can post

why are you against it zky, leaks are the best part

What do you mean, we have the rioter rito costy post quite often.

Oi I'ma gabba their jaw if I see them I will

so does cho'gath

and so does tahm

if this was a nonspecific description like 'he can support' that'd be different, but 'he eats people' is pretty specific to Tahm. (and in the context of it being the next champion, it can't be chogath you silly goose)

also nightblue 3 has been playing tahm and he's overpowered as fuck, his jungle clears insane

jerd

I actually thought Riot gave the "EAT" hint but if 4chan man did then you're right

I will leave my previous posts in tact 4 shame

zkylon

zkylewd
some are wrong, some are right

it's almost as if there is no accountiability to posting anything 4chan and anyone can post

why are you against it zky, leaks are the best part

because it's boring

i like the mystery and the guessing and the hype which gets robbed when someone goes to 4chan and just reveals it

Einbroch

Banned
The best leaks are the leaks that you don't see.

Like if Tahm was leaked before Ekko then people called that leaker a liar when Ekko was revealed but bam he/she was right all along.

That smug satisfaction the leaker must feel must be glorious.

I actually thought Riot gave the "EAT" hint but if 4chan man did then you're right

I will leave my previous posts in tact 4 shame

#GoTShameLady

The best leaks are the leaks that you don't see.

Like if Tahm was leaked before Ekko then people called that leaker a liar when Ekko was revealed but bam he/she was right all along.

That smug satisfaction the leaker must feel must be glorious.

Hasn't that happened before with some champions? Like when Riot teased Ai- Ooooooh. Let's not bring up that boil.

Those types of leaks are delicious.

and zky it's alotta fun. The mystery you get is knowing whether the leak is real or not.

garath

Man, I am a huge fan of the way Riot did the stacking indicators for Tahm. It is easily the most readable one in League. Even when the battles get super chaotic, it's still easy to see how many stacks are on champs. Wish the other stacking indicators were as readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom