• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Was called a thresh god multiple times and mystery gifted twice in one game.

Feels good.

Baby sat the shit out of my Yasuo mid after he died once to a mass pinged gank in less than a minute of laning.

Edwardo

I had a game last night where I was supporting as Blitz and the Jinx kept roaming. I'm not even sure what she was thinking. Kept leaving lane and full waves to go get crab or try to gank mid (try mind you. Never succeeded). We could have won our lane really hard but she just played so weird. We still won thanks to some solid play everywhere else and she right clicked appropriately while I played peel bot but I was very mystified by her actions. She even asked for adc. So strange. Game was a lot harder than it should have been. That and amumu kept invading the Udyr lol.

Ya it's really strange when stuff like that happens. Most likely, Jinx played like that normally in the past and had some success from it. People do all different kinds of weird shit when they play if you watch them.

garath

Ya it's really strange when stuff like that happens. Most likely, Jinx played like that normally in the past and had some success from it. People do all different kinds of weird shit when they play if you watch them.

Gold is kind of no man's land really. There's moments of brilliance surrounded by very questionable decision making and basic mechanical errors (I am no exception to this).

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 5 - Day 1

t1435248000z1.png

Roccat vs Copenhagen Wolves
Unicorns of Love vs Giants Gaming
Origen vs Gambit Gaming
Fnatic vs H2K
Elements vs SK Gaming

Please use the LCS Thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

drawkcaB

Why does rito love the 3 hits thing. Where every third hit does extra damage or something on those lines, I find it soo boring so many ppl seem to have it in there kits.

It's a design tool that gives Riot the ability to increase a champion's power. At the idea's core, it's no different than skill shots allowing more power as well but stack mechanics give more time for the opponent to react, and a consequence of that is that they're more powerful.

Whereas the potential power of a skill shot is (in a perfect world) determined by such things as the speed of the skill shot, the hit box, the delay before it applies its effects (e.g. Cho'Gath's rupture), etc. the power of a stacking ability is essentially bound to the time and efforts it takes to apply the stacks. Because there's more effort on the "stacker", and there's a clear and relatively speaking long window for the "stackee" to disengage entirely (e.g. an Ez with two silver bolt stacks blinks away from an opposing Vayne) Riot can make those abilities more powerful, or in the case of some champions put power where you'd generally have something considerably weaker (e.g. Skarner and Braum's passive stacking stuns).

And players (you most likely included) don't find it boring. On paper maybe, but in game? Nah.

Riot - or more broadly speaking almost all developers of PvP games - has lots of evidence that shows players want to feel like they and/or their avatars are powerful and are more than willing to put up with conditions like stacks to get that feeling.

Is complaining about stacks the modern take on complaining about %max health damage? Both are fantastic.

Edwardo

So yesterday I ran into some trouble with my internet connection. It's prob an issue with our wifi or isp, but I figured I'd ask yall anyways.

I'm in a game and it just started. I get to lane and everytime I get there my champ just keeps running straight until "Attempting to Reconnect" pops up. My ping looks normal. Then 5-10 seconds later my game is fine. I run back to lane and right when I get there I get "Attempting to Reconnect" again. This keeps happening over and over for 5-10 minutes and then all of a sudden everything is fine.

During this, I minimized and tried to go on a few different websites. None worked, but my wifi was showing a full connection.

We just moved in and got Comcast. We have an Xfinity Gateway with a 2.4 and 5 connection. I think my laptop is logged into the 2.4, but I could be mistaken.

Any ideas?

Oh and we won that game ;)

Nekofrog

Banned
Irelia new passive on W:

Each auto attack now applies a stack of "lol get rekt". At three stacks, the target is permanently stunned for the entire duration of life. Upon respawn after death, target is permanently rooted on fountain until the game ends.

Ritopls

3 hit passives are cheap and uncreative way to make champions good during long fights. But they're usually too strong that they usually overpower and bully champions that are actually supposed to be good at long-drawn fights, like Trundle or Xin.

So yesterday I ran into some trouble with my internet connection. It's prob an issue with our wifi or isp, but I figured I'd ask yall anyways.

I'm in a game and it just started. I get to lane and everytime I get there my champ just keeps running straight until "Attempting to Reconnect" pops up. My ping looks normal. Then 5-10 seconds later my game is fine. I run back to lane and right when I get there I get "Attempting to Reconnect" again. This keeps happening over and over for 5-10 minutes and then all of a sudden everything is fine.

During this, I minimized and tried to go on a few different websites. None worked, but my wifi was showing a full connection.

We just moved in and got Comcast. We have an Xfinity Gateway with a 2.4 and 5 connection. I think my laptop is logged into the 2.4, but I could be mistaken.

Any ideas?

Oh and we won that game ;)

2.4 GHz connection? It could be that since you're using a laptop, the wifi signal being that close to the motherboard is causing the lag because of interference. Try hooking up the laptop to your modem and seeing if it lags(if it doesn't that's your culprit)

Edwardo

2.4 GHz connection? It could be that since you're using a laptop, the wifi signal being that close to the motherboard is causing the lag because of interference. Try hooking up the laptop to your modem and seeing if it lags(if it doesn't that's your culprit)

Alright, i'll give that a shot. The xfinity gateway gives you two choices to connect to, 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections.

Next time it's lagging, I might turn on my Xbox One to see if it's messing with every connection and not just my laptop.

Alright, i'll give that a shot. The xfinity gateway gives you two choices to connect to, 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections.

Next time it's lagging, I might turn on my Xbox One to see if it's messing with every connection and not just my laptop.

It wouldn't mess with your Xbox One-Because you have a laptop, the wifi card is probably tucked next to the actual motherboard, and if your motherboard is running on 2.4 GHz signal as well then it's directly affects the WiFi by lowering the bandwidth it could receive in turn.

If your connection works fine wired, it might be best to buy an external wifi adapter so it's not so close to the motherboard.

Edwardo

It wouldn't mess with your Xbox One-Because you have a laptop, the wifi card is probably tucked next to the actual motherboard, and if your motherboard is running on 2.4 GHz signal as well then it's directly affects the WiFi by lowering the bandwidth it could receive in turn.

If your connection works fine wired, it might be best to buy an external wifi adapter so it's not so close to the motherboard.

Ah alright. Thanks. Would trying a game on the 5GHz connection solve that issue as well?

drawkcaB

Irelia new passive on W:

Each auto attack now applies a stack of "lol get rekt". At three stacks, the target is permanently stunned for the entire duration of life. Upon respawn after death, target is permanently rooted on fountain until the game ends.

Ritopls

So they're nerfing her? Rito pleez.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The main problem with Riot is that we expect them to learn their previous mistakes and to not make them again.

Remember when they said they didn't want to have Zac just be Chroma skin champ? Neither do I!

And whats the deal with that Warwick update?

garath

Man. What a game. Always sucks to come back from behind and win a teamfight, march on to the nexus and get backdoored lol. I can't even be mad. It was a miracle we were even in it. Don't know what is going on with ranked though. I've been playing all support. Can't seem to get jungle anymore. Everyone fancies themself a jungler now.

Ferga

Irelia new passive on W:

Ritopls

How are you suppose to get kills and carry your 4 teammates if you can't dive fountain for kills.

Hell, your team will probably tank turrets for a bit too long and get executed while they try to backdoor a 0v5.

holy crap I just found out Fizz doesn't apply grievous wounds anymore

perfection

nothing can counter my swain

ever

also I'm freaking out

I haven't lost games in a while

I've been winning about 80% of them

Newt

holy crap I just found out Fizz doesn't apply grievous wounds anymore

perfection

nothing can counter my swain

ever

also I'm freaking out

I haven't lost games in a while

I've been winning about 80% of them
Except for the fact that Morello's is a the go 2 broken mana rengen item.

Except for the fact that Morello's is a the go 2 broken mana rengen item.

The only one who got morello's last game was a fed vel koz

but he failed, stamped underneath my feet. I was just marching in there tankin' everything. Love it when they have 2 aps I can build spirit visage and just walk everywhere

V_Arnold

I'm posting a positive video about Riot

Because not all my posts are seething with pure hatred. This video is 'What's wrong with Riot Games?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npHAsuk5lkM

Lol,I am living in an alternative reality indeed.

In my reality, LoL is one of the best games ever made, and it is constantly improving.
It is a game that had a huge revamp graphically last year, has a completely different jungle meta, has constant character revamps, the new champions are fun, etc.

Yeah, a lot of the aspects the video mentions could be awesome, but the lack of these features dont make Riot a bad company AT ALL. Man, living in my reality sure is fun.

Leezard

Small Kalista and Rek'sai nerfs incoming, it seems.
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...-further-plans-for-kalistareksai?comment=0001
Riot Meddler said:
We're assessing the best way to trim a bit of power off both Kalista and Rek'Sai this week.
Current thinking with Rek'Sai is that the frequency with which she knocks up multiple enemy champs may be too high. We're going to test a smaller W radius as a result.
In Kalista's case we're looking at her power curve, with the working theory being that she spikes in power too hard with early AD.

It seems reasonable enough. Kalista is insane right now.

How does one get good as adc? I used to main ADC's a lot, but that was before LoL get utility heavy. What's a good ADC to learn with and what's the best advice you guys can offer?

Leezard

How does one get good as adc? I used to main ADC's a lot, but that was before LoL get utility heavy. What's a good ADC to learn with and what's the best advice you guys can offer?
Jinx is all right I think. Tristana too.

You position yourself to be able to deal damage without receiving to much damage. You deal damage to the highest priority target in your range.

Sande

I think the biggest realization I've made as an ADC is not to listen to the "don't focus X, everyone should be diving their backline" drivel. As ADC you're supposed to stay safe but also keep attacking as much as you can. If the only reasonable target is their main tank, so be it. When you stay safe but still remain a threat, the enemies are forced to do stupid shit trying to get to you.

I think Graves is a pretty safe pick to start with. Easy skillshots, good chase/escape, tanky. Pair him with someone like Annie or Leona and the enemies pretty much can't exist in the lane after you hit 6.

Blizzard

Banned
Early morning bronze/silver League is a weird place. I went support Malphite with almost entirely tank items (until we lost, 31 minutes), and outdamaged both the jungle Tryndamere and lane Jinx on my team.

Someone else on my team had picked top Rammus. After dying maybe 3-4 times to an Udyr jungle sitting in their lane, in the first 10-15 minutes, and repeatedly complaining about being camped, you might think that they would use their trinket ward to monitor the river.

After the game, I checked -- in about 31 minutes, Rammus had placed 2 wards. I'm assuming that statistic includes trinket wards.

nbraun80

Early morning bronze/silver League is a weird place. I went support Malphite with almost entirely tank items (until we lost, 31 minutes), and outdamaged both the jungle Tryndamere and lane Jinx on my team.

Someone else on my team had picked top Rammus. After dying maybe 3-4 times to an Udyr jungle sitting in their lane, in the first 10-15 minutes, and repeatedly complaining about being camped, you might think that they would use their trinket ward to monitor the river.

After the game, I checked -- in about 31 minutes, Rammus had placed 2 wards. I'm assuming that statistic includes trinket wards.

weird and frustrating for me. Thing that angers me the most is getting matched with people who don't even belong in silver. Like the olaf I played with recently, he's 3 and 9 in ranked play including the placements and somehow he got placed in silver. plays olaf jungle and builds straight damage and wonders why he gets nuked. The placement system is too nice sometime.

garath

Ashe, Jinx and Tristana are my favorite solid ADCs for solo queue as a part time ADC player. I still think I'm pretty poor at laning as ADC but those ones are the better fits for me.

Kalista is super strong and awesome but very challenging to play. Plus looks like she's getting a nerf soon.

garath

Stinks. I think I've finally reached a point where there's nothing I really want to buy. That last $100 I bought during the bonus RP window is lasting and lasting and lasting.

Maybe they'll make some new skins I want for champs I play. Eventually.

Edwardo

I decided to buy all the 1350 champs that I didn't already own. With a free mystery champ coming next week, it's better to make my chances better for something good.

Einbroch

Banned
Vault, if done right, is one of the most fun moves to pull off, though. Love vaulting off people over a wall and watching them rage.

I just wish they made her a melee assassin as she was supposed to instead of hamfisting her into the ADC role just because it had been a while since one was released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom