• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Tahm's fault Morde has a shitty 5 year old kit

yes it is

Fuck tahm #deletetahm tahm is dahmb. Or Riot buff up Morde by %50 across the board since he has no cc.

thanks rito

top of page, this is for you zky-
Ey6XUpr.jpg

New WotA and Rylai will probably help Morde a teensy bit.

Or maybe not, because of Rylai.

It'll be viable to rush Rylai/Liandry instead of Rabadons because of the AP boost he gets. WotA will be amazing as well on him.

but it's not enough

I want to dissect Tahm into the nasty frog he is

xezuru

I'm the same way, I mostly play Braum when I support these days and my laning is kind of garbage, tbh. What masteries do you run? I used to go 0/9/21 but I've found it a bit easier to walk up and harass since changing to 0/16/14.

I've been trying all sorts of different things with my supporting, trying to play a bit safe lately, and try all sorts of mastery combinations, I've been using naut the most recently cause he's a pretty damn safe pick in all cases imo, and for him i've been trying to use this page to give him sustain in all areas.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
and tahm can slow, displace, and travel around the map

more utility and more useful than morde

thanks rito

#allchampionsshouldbeequallyuseful
i have no idea if this post is real. given the level of angst you seem to regularly posses i will just assume you are not kidding.

utility is not the only metric for what makes a champion valuable. when it comes down to it damage is a valuable thing to have, which morde brings plenty of while erring on the incredibly tanky side. you do not want a strong mordekaiser. he has his own benefits and strengths, and a lot of that comes down to having some of the best farm potential and wave clear in the game.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah. I play Morde when I want to brainlessly win lane/farm. You can down a tower in no time and have plenty of money, even with no kills.

Also, you do need a brain to play him given the no cc, no movement thing you have to be super weary of ganks but you're always rich/dealing tons of damage with Morde if you're not dumb.

i have no idea if this post is real. given the level of angst you seem to regularly posses i will just assume you are not kidding.

utility is not the only metric for what makes a champion valuable. when it comes down to it damage is a valuable thing to have, which morde brings plenty of while erring on the incredibly tanky side. you do not want a strong mordekaiser. he has his own benefits and strengths, and a lot of that comes down to having some of the best farm potential and wave clear in the game.

that post is as real as the dirt you walk on, friend. Open you're eyes, you're not imagining things

So I was just in a lobby, and I guess someone dodged and instead of going through the whole 'match has been found' it just kicked me straight into another lobby without me clicking anything.

Weird.

Sometimes we queue as a group but someone disappears from the list if "Match has been found" didn't get 10 yeses. We're still queued together but we can't talk to each other in the lobby.

Ferga

S2 Morde was fun times. Delete wave, delete wraiths, delete wave, delete wolves, repeat.

Please no.

Morde almost made me quit the game when I was starting to play ranked. God damn unkillable monster who could 1v5 uncoordinated teams.

First game of the day:

Last pick: ADC only.
forced to support so he picks tristana.

People say they are afking at fountain. I wait til 0.5 seconds to dodge. Why....

I'm telling you guys, Swain is sleeper OP. Like...that's a ridiculous amount of champion damage. Even beat out Kalista~ And they're planning on buffing all of his core items? Good lord..............

Not only that but I gifted Vlad a skinaroo, and he got Super Galaxy Rumble! I feel good !@_@

Yeah. I play Morde when I want to brainlessly win lane/farm. You can down a tower in no time and have plenty of money, even with no kills.

Also, you do need a brain to play him given the no cc, no movement thing you have to be super weary of ganks but you're always rich/dealing tons of damage with Morde if you're not dumb.

Morde just seems to hail back to a time when there wasn't so much utility based champs in the game. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good champ who doesn't really need much in the way of number changes.

Plus there is one advantage in playing Morde and that is that most people have never played against him. People don't expect the dmg output and the amount of dmg Morde can take.

Ferga

I don't think Swain is sleeper OP.

He's definitely on the strong side of the champ pool but I think he has a a pretty big problem. He is almost impossible to comeback from in 1v1 situations.

If you fall behind, you do no damage and provide nothing for the team. It's a risky pick imo

I don't think Swain is sleeper OP.

He's definitely on the strong side of the champ pool but I think he has a a pretty big problem. He is almost impossible to comeback from in 1v1 situations.

If you fall behind, you do no damage and provide nothing for the team. It's a risky pick imo

You should ask newt about that

We did a game where Xin managed to get first blood on me, then I managed to kill him twice without any help(Even with ganks Xin got away, but 1v1 I trounced him, despite being 30 cs under him and having a lower level after I got first blooded, lost about 20 creeps to turret)

I mean, it's Xin Zhao but his all-in beats out Swain early on.

I have a 73% wing rate with Swain over 23 ranked games @_@ He does alot of damage. 2 Guaranteed Dots, an AoE snare, AoE ult....

Swains sleeper with the right Items. Swain himself is a strong champ, but with the right items he becomes disgusting. A rando in a ranked game put it best:

Swain is alot like Mordekaiser. If you don't camp him, he becomes unkillable at a certain point.

Leezard

Why are you using a comparison with Morde if you think Morde sucks compared to the almighty Tahm Kench?

Not to say I don't agree, I think Morde and Swain can be quite stupid strong. I don't think they are OP though.

Why are you using a comparison with Morde if you think Morde sucks compared to the almighty Tahm Kench?

Not to say I don't agree, I think Morde and Swain can be quite stupid strong. I don't think they are OP though.

Because Morde
is out utility-ed by most APs now, Swain is like Morde but with CC and built in healing.

I know how strong Morde can be, I used to main him way back when. I naturally went to Swain I suppose.

also my comparisons to tahm were facetious at most

MaxiLive

I had a really intense 4v5 (top dc'd 5 minutes into the match) game last night which was a lot of fun. We were so close to winning and really should of with the gold lead but the extra tank to get past and missing our tank made it neigh on impossible to come out on top after fights. Even after winning fights our lanes would be pushed so we couldn't gain much.

Ah well I felt I played pretty well though and got another penta kill with good old Jinxy. We could of won at 35 minutes in but Udyr's (would of been another penta as well!!!) thornmail killed me and I couldn't kite away.

We lost at 45 minutes after a 5 man collapse on us and our ekko going a little ham to kill their adc but failed. Just couldn't make it past both tanks :(

garath

I think Akali is coming back. I played against one last night that utterly crushed her lane and turned into the snowball monster we all hate and fear. One is doing the exact same on Voyboy's stream. I think that small ult change is enough to bring her back.

Tizoc

I think Akali is coming back. I played against one last night that utterly crushed her lane and turned into the snowball monster we all hate and fear. One is doing the exact same on Voyboy's stream. I think that small ult change is enough to bring her back.

I've found Akali to be pretty deadly in my elo, dunno why you peeps keep saying she's not powerful.

garath

I've found Akali to be pretty deadly in my elo, dunno why you peeps keep saying she's not powerful.

She's a snowball champ. This means she is almost useless when behind due to her all-in nature but almost unstoppable if ahead with the shroud, lifesteal and build path she has available. How easy a champ can snowball is the defining factor. She used to snowball easily until they changed her E to not proc her Q and greatly shortened her ult range, but the ult spacing changes seem to have given her a stronger level 6 than before and snowball easier.

V_Arnold

Snowball champs does not mean they are useless when not fed.

You mistake the word with the expression "feast or famine" champs, like Fiora. Now SHE is useless when not fed. Akali? Nah. Going out of her lane, she will still be a threat to any non-tank character, no matter how many kils does she have. And with teamfights like that, she will get kills, and then "truly" snowball.

garath

Snowball champs does not mean they are useless when not fed.

You mistake the word with the expression "feast or famine" champs, like Fiora. Now SHE is useless when not fed. Akali? Nah. Going out of her lane, she will still be a threat to any non-tank character, no matter how many kils does she have. And with teamfights like that, she will get kills, and then "truly" snowball.

Try playing an underfed Akali sometime. I said almost useless because she is. Once she hits her initial burst, she's right in the middle of the team. If that doesn't kill someone she's relying on the shroud. Drop a pink or pop an oracles or one of 100 other ways to break the shroud and she's toast. But get her a kill or two, give her a decent level and a couple items and yeah, she'll wreck. Especially with the ult charges on kills.

jerd

I'd imagine just runeglaive, luden's, then whatever other ap shit you want

Just please please please don't buy machete first. I saw people do this so many times when smite top was popular (never on my team thankfully) and it is just a free kill. Damn thing literally provides 0 lane stats I honestly have no idea why people do it

Nekofrog

Banned
Flask and pots or if you're confident dorans ring and pots. Sheen first item, then stay in lane until you can complete runeglaive

Fracas

#fuckonami
that was...interesting. I did ok early then fell a bit behind and felt completely useless

think I'll stick with ap corki or kog

Tizoc

I'll never understand players who build Black Cleaver on AD champs who don't have ways of getting stacks on a target real fast.
Black Cleaver doesn't give you armor pen right off the bat...

I'll never understand players who build Black Cleaver on AD champs who don't have ways of getting stacks on a target real fast.
Black Cleaver doesn't give you armor pen right off the bat...
Well If you are building tanky ,a bit of damage and some armor pen.
It doesn't matter if you get the stacks right away you can just stay alive and get stacks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom