• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I mean, I like this meta where every role is willy nilly ridiculous(except adc lol).

But it scares me. Because alot of league players aren't smart enough to play around it, they're too used to the old meta.

Next patch will be a nightmare regardless of balance

Sated Devourer? Enjoy people that have no idea how to play with/against farm junglers trying to get jungle while a handful of Devourer junglers get really, really dumb.
AP itemization? I heard you like top lane hyper carries because you're getting a handfull, we can never have enough Rumble! Also a bunch of people trying weird new shit mid lane while trying to get Ezreal through bans.
You play ADC? Pick Sivir or Trist. No, seriously, if all that doesn't kill you, you still have to deal with Gragas and friends who are still just as dumb

At least support players will be fine I guess. Why do I keep not playing support?

You're both pretty point on imo. It's going to be a pretty power shift in the overall game.

My only consolation personally is I've been doing terrible in the jungle in this tank meta. I personally do much better in the assassin/stack meta both playing as those champs and playing against them. I'm much more comfortable facing a feral flare Yi than a tanky out of his mind with tons of damage anyways Gragas. But yeah, a lot of people just don't have a clue how to play against, as or with the farm heavy stack jungler. We were getting a taste with Shyvana this current patch but welcome back Yi, Nocturne, Shyvana, and even the oddball jax, fiora, etc.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Feels good making the enemy ADC look bad.

So toxic.

Next patch will be a nightmare regardless of balance

At least support players will be fine I guess. Why do I keep not playing support?

Supports will be okay if you're playing someone with heavy peeling and disengage IE Alistar, Janna, Nami, Thresh. Everyone else is boned though once those farmed junglers jump on your carries.

xezuru

Because of that feel when you're a support solo trading with both botlaners with like you at 75% and their ADC at 50% yet still does nothing / somehow loses a 2v2 trade thereafter because of ??? mechanics?

Supports will be okay if you're playing someone with heavy peeling and disengage IE Alistar, Janna, Nami, Thresh. Everyone else is boned though once those farmed junglers jump on your carries.
That's kind of what I meant, support players have a decent amount of champions they can use to deal with this shit and don't have to worry about people trying to get their role.

Sona players is kill

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That's kind of what I meant, support players have a decent amount of champions they can use to deal with this shit and don't have to worry about people trying to get their role.

Sona players is kill

This is only true up to Gold 1 and below. After that you start seeing a lot more support mains in plat and you need to learn another role. Sona miiiight be able to do okay if you can get a kill or two in lane early on since their jungler is probably in heavy farm mode but why take a chance when you have ezmode Janna.

Sona players is kill

Don't worry just wait until support players get taken over by the smite meta

soon you'll see alistar or malphite with that slowing smite who have 56000 hp through Cinderhulk and can engage effectively without having to waste a slot on like *snort* sona or soraka.

When do you guys think the next patch is coming out?
Thursday
This is only true up to Gold 1 and below. After that you start seeing a lot more support mains in plat and you need to learn another role. Sona miiiight be able to do okay if you can get a kill or two in lane early on since their jungler is probably in heavy farm mode but why take a chance when you have ezmode Janna.
That feel when playing ADC doesn't sound so bad anymore

Pancakes

This is a never ending cycle in league.

Carry jungler is weak, junglers complain>buffs>carry jungler is (too) strong, laners complain>rito nerfs and repeat.

sleepykyo

The notion of carry jungler is long obsolete anyways. What do people think Cinderfriends are doing? Supporting?

kek

Now that the nasty dot is gone,deaths will be mercifully quick with Nidalee and the other assassin junglers coming back. And the reappearance of assassin mids. With the tanks gone, the assassins are ready to come out and play again. Burst everywhere.

Leezard

I had a Riven and a Wukong lose to him in recent games. :( Wukong I could probably understand but wouldn't a Riven crush him?

Riven should indeed crush him at early levels and then snowball. If it goes to lvl 6+ and Nasus gets a glacial shroud without Riven getting any kills then he becomes stronger.

I had a Riven and a Wukong lose to him in recent games. :( Wukong I could probably understand but wouldn't a Riven crush him?
She does but she has to do that before 6 otherwise he'll start getting too tanky for her to deal with.

It's pretty easy to do that if you do a jungle camp then TP with level 2

garath

Riven should indeed crush him at early levels and then snowball. If it goes to lvl 6+ and Nasus gets a glacial shroud without Riven getting any kills then he becomes stronger.

Thanks. Then I misplayed that as jungle. I helped the wukong a lot against Nasus figuring he needed it (he still lost to him) but ignored the riven thinking she'd be ok. Both games the Nasus turned into a monster. Lose lose situation.

Pancakes

Nami still feels strong but idk her lane presence just feels kinda weak to me. I probably just need to grind out some more games.

nPADqqV.png

Leezard

Nami still feels strong but idk her lane presence just feels kinda weak to me. I probably just need to grind out some more games.
Nami is a lane bully. Simple Auto - w - auto wins just about any trade, bonus if you get a second bounce. The secret is to have enough mana regen to be able to out sustain just about anyone.

Musician

Nami is a lane bully. Simple Auto - w - auto wins just about any trade, bonus if you get a second bounce. The secret is to have enough mana regen to be able to out sustain just about anyone.

As in mana regen blues? I use my standard mr/lvl, but I'd be willing to change!

garath

Ok. So my shen top doesn't do so well against a Gnar lol. Not sure how he was able to 1v1 me with just a botrk as mini gnar against my sunfire and chain vest. It was like I was naked :(

Maybe it was the 21/9 masteries. Not doing that again as Shen.

edit: and this game their team comp is brutal. Voli, nocturne, Kalista, Alistar and Kassadin against Ashe (me), Shyvana, Chogath, Anivia and Thresh. We're screwed lol. I'm in a flat spin here. Diving fast. Gonna be Silver by the week end!

garath

The GAF phenomenon of complaining about something worked. Won that game handily. I played a pretty good Ashe game considering their dive comp. Very happy. Broke the slide thank goodness. The losing streak is broken.

Pancakes

As in mana regen blues? I use my standard mr/lvl, but I'd be willing to change!

tbh the new regen mastery covers lane mana regen imo. Unless you're up against all AD I would still take 6 flat mr and 3 scaling mr so mages don't destroy you.

drawkcaB

That's pretty much my appraisal these days. She just needs a little something in the laning phase to bring her up to snuff. I still need to try Braum after his recent Q buffs, wondering if similar small buffs to Nami's W mana costs would hit the spot. I feel like W's mana costs are in theory based around getting triple hits more frequently than in practice. I know the small buffs Lulu got really shored her laning phase in support nicely.

xezuru

I was fucking around when getting my first win of the day with a quick botgame where I decided to go Support Irelia. Maybe I'm just going crazy but I'm pretty sure Irelia's Q can execute with Relic Shield which can give you some interesting setups into your stun.

Bacon

you can never have enough rune pages

I have 20

I took advantage of their deals throughout the years

It is glorious

I mean at some point you would have to get super specific with them just to fill them out right? Like have a few that only work with one or two champions?

I mean at some point you would have to get super specific with them just to fill them out right? Like have a few that only work with one or two champions?

More or less.

For Swain I have a couple, I've refined it more.
I have an-
Attack speed page
Armor Pen Page
Attack Damage Page
Magic/Arm pen page
with various specifications for health/armor/MR or MS or per level depending on the match up on whether I'll need it early game or late game.

I also have specific pages set up for pure Armor/MR, which I modify here and there. Thresh for example I use purely an MR page with Mpen. (With a couple armor quints for that early game)

In draft mode or ranked, it's useful because you can see their team and say 'ok they're AD/AP heavy'.

Pancakes

If you want to play ranked seriously then yes. If you're just playing normals for shits and giggles not really.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sneaky's duoing with a seemingly new person (ign is Perfect Effort) without voice chat and won't tell his viewers who it is. They're playing support and the account has a lot of previous jungle games. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom