• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought those items sound crazy, like the disguise-as-teammate item, but then I realized they're just for the new game mode.

The Gangplank update sounds cool though I fear I won't get to play him if he becomes often picked or banned as a result. Does defusing one keg defuse all chain kegs though? It looks like to me it would be difficult to hit anyone with the kegs aside from waiting on people to facecheck bushes, or dropping one almost on top of an enemy.

I thought those items sound crazy, like the disguise-as-teammate item, but then I realized they're just for the new game mode.

The Gangplank update sounds cool though I fear I won't get to play him if he becomes often picked or banned as a result. Does defusing one keg defuse all chain kegs though? It looks like to me it would be difficult to hit anyone with the kegs aside from waiting on people to facecheck bushes, or dropping one almost on top of an enemy.

Defusing a keg only defuses one. Gangplank on the other hand can set them all off if they're near each other.

His area control will be pretty damn scary.

garath

Defusing a keg only defuses one. Gangplank on the other hand can set them all off if they're near each other.

His area control will be pretty damn scary.

Like Breezy said, it looks like the enemy can only defuse one at a time. A ranged character would probably have no issues but I can imagine GP facing a melee enemy, he'll be able to set them off himself and really mess some people up. Line the river top with some caskets and link it back to one near him. If the enemy laner tries to defuse one or a jungler comes, just set the one off next to him. Boom.

It's some teemo level stuff.

drawkcaB

Me too. They are all likely over powered, but some concepts could work in SR.

Yep, some really cool concepts in there. Years of playing this game and I still think the biggest problem of the core game itself (i.e. not the client stuff like replays, etc.) is the item selection and pathing.

Hopefully this mode and overhauling almost the entire set of AP items are evidence that we're going to see some real shit come S6.

Some potentially really neat stuff for jungle Gangplank with keg shenanigans.

Like Breezy said, it looks like the enemy can only defuse one at a time. A ranged character would probably have no issues but I can imagine GP facing a melee enemy, he'll be able to set them off himself and really mess some people up. Line the river top with some caskets and link it back to one near him. If the enemy laner tries to defuse one or a jungler comes, just set the one off next to him. Boom.

It's some teemo level stuff.

They didn't show it but he can also shoot the keg to set it off. I also believe that Sheen will 'proc' on the kegs, meaning they'll do the upgraded damage.

garath

Road Warrior MF looks like her chinese splash so I guess they're gonna use that now

Plus sounds like she doesn't lose Strut from minion damage anymore so essentially she has an on demand escape

I'm pretty sure minion damage will still pop the passive. It says it still drops off with direct, non-periodic damage. This says to me things like cinderhulk won't pop it but minions still will.

I'm pretty sure minion damage will still pop the passive. It says it still drops off with direct, non-periodic damage. This says to me things like cinderhulk won't pop it but minions still will.
Welp. I hope the W version of it can't be removed for the duration of it at least

garath

Welp. I hope the W version of it can't be removed for the duration of it at least

Yeah. If it's Eve style, pop it to get a quick burst of speed, then that's pretty nice. Will make up for her lack of an escape otherwise. Then again, she'd be using it for fighting so if she needed to run it likely won't be up.

Will have to see.

Tizoc

wOAH Hourglass gives less AP now, not much of a biggie if you build it with Rabadon, but yo Luden's Echo
COST 3300 gold ⇒ 3000 gold
ABILITY POWER 120 ⇒ 100
MOVEMENT SPEED 7% ⇒ 10%

Rylai
COST 2900 gold ⇒ 3000 gold
ABILITY POWER 100 ⇒ 100 (unchanged)
HEALTH 400 ⇒ 400 (unchanged)
RECIPE CHANGE Giant's Belt + Blasting Wand + Amplifying Tome + 605 gold ⇒ Giant's Belt + Needlessly Large Rod + Amplifying Tome + 715 gold
SINGLE TARGET SLOW 35% ⇒ 40%
AREA OF EFFECT SLOW (INSTANT) 15% ⇒ 40%
DAMAGE OVER TIME OR MULTI-HIT SLOW 15% for 1.5 seconds ⇒ 20% for 1 second

So no even Aoe attacks will apply 40% slow; It'd still be usless on Teemo though since his shrooms slow for more?

Liandry's better now IMO
TOTAL COST2900 gold ⇒ 3000 gold
RECIPE Haunting Guise + Amplifying Tome + 980 gold ⇒ Haunting Guise + Blasting Wand + 650 gold
ABILITY POWER 50 ⇒ 80

Curious to try the new Will of Ancients on Morde, wonder how his health recovery will be like now...

garath

I'm still saying Shyvana with the new devourer is going to be tier 1 jungler, pick or ban without any changes to her current style of play. It's scary as hell.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What's a Quinn?
mmRkza5.png

GREAT MORE FUCKING GAREN AND AATROX SKINS. And fortune. And twisted fate.

Don't make one for Fizz or whatever. Cause he actually fits and not Quinn.

drawkcaB

Mecha Aatrox was released in July 2014

Time flies.

Can't wait to pick up Tahm. Goddam I love the look of that kit. Also, I take it no one has bothered to try out Zilean since they fixed his Q-W-Q timings? Tried it out to see how much of a difference it makes in a custom bot game and it feels great to use now. Gonna try him again in the next few days in a match.

Musician

As someone who used to be killer at Kayle jungle, this patch might be the one for me. Or the one when she is FOTM and I'm no longer special :(

Impure Shots [W] - Active changed to "Active: Gains 50/55/60/65/70 % Attack Speed for the next 3 basic attacks and automatically grants Strut." cooldown lowered to 12 seconds (down from 16)
Are you fucking kidding me?

drawkcaB

I was reading the patch notes and I don't think Riot understands how Riptide's damage actually works if they think it'll cap at 300 at rank 5. Doesn't bode well for properly balancing my favorite jungle tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom