• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Why would you nerf Righteous? It was OK item to get if you want tankiness, but now its useless. I haven't seen much complaints about it, then why?

Also, nerfing the AP of Hourglass where may supp has it as the only offensive item?

Haunting Guise, RoD, Lyandras are more expensive...

I am not happy with this patch at all.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Righteous Glory was anything but ok. The active was too strong for a 60 second CD.

Also what supports besides Morg even buy Zhonya's?

Support Heimer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

drawkcaB

Question: Would Runegleive be viable on Sijuani?

No.

Sejuani doesn't have the base cooldowns necessary to fully utilize Runeglaive, or any sheen based item for that matter. That said, if you find yourself in a position where you want to build for damage, Liandry's recent AP buffs will make the item even more attractive for Sejuani, the changes to Rylai's slow application benefit her kit, and even with the loss of ~150 health at full stacks, RoA's AP stack buff might make it better for AP tank junglers.

On top of that, new Abyssal Scepter on the PBE has been tweaked slightly in the last PBE patch, so that item's changes are still go and should be great on AP jungle tanks like Amumu, Sejuani, and Zac who can get away with skipping early CDR in their builds.

Reckon I'll be practicing support (Tahm motherfucking Kench!!) and my ADC picks (Ashe and Jinx) this patch. I really don't feel like dealing with Devourer junglers, playing as or against.

Bacon

Shyvana basically needs to be banned this patch. She's so easy to use, has ridiculous clear times and is a beast with the new item.

So wait ppl are now taking smite on adc. I think it has finally gone to every role now.

Do you guys think that riot would ever make it so that you can only have 1 smite on a team. Or do they not mind having smite on everyone. They could also take smite all out like dota, but I don't think they would do that.

Leezard

So wait ppl are now taking smite on adc. I think it has finally gone to every role now.

Do you guys think that riot would ever make it so that you can only have 1 smite on a team. Or do they not mind having smite on everyone. They could also take smite all out like dota, but I don't think they would do that.

No, people are just trying out stupid shit. When the hell are you going to fully stack up devourer as adc?

Taking smite makes the laning phase weaker, so I don't see much of a problem with laners taking smite as a concept. Devourer might be broken, but that can be nerfed.

Bacon

No, people are just trying out stupid shit. When the hell are you going to stack up devourer as adc?

Taking smite makes the laning phase weaker, so I don't see much of a problem with laners taking smite as a concept. Devourer might be broken, but that can be nerfed.

Get 30 kills ez pz

No, people are just trying out stupid shit. When the hell are you going to fully stack up devourer as adc?

Drag gives 5 stacks. Was watching QT play Vayne and both he and Yi had a nearly sated devourer by 20 minutes while being like 3/4

drawkcaB

I remember saying back when the S5 changes were still on the PBE that giving putting so much power into Smite was going to cause issues as time went on, not that I'm a prophet or anything. Just seemed even then it was overly convoluted nonsense. Using Riot's vernacular, giving yourself "design levers to pull" is nice and all, but you're still stuck with only two arms to pull those levers.

I'll say what I've been saying for years now, seems like going back to season 3, get rid of Smite, use the mastery tree instead to differentiate laners from junglers, and otherwise get rid of anything that makes junglers special little flowers, like their own item lines, etc.

drawkcaB

Nope, "takedown" means kill or assist. They specifically did that so junglers would donate their buffs to laners without losing on stacks.

Leezard

Oh. That could become stupid with multiple devourers on the team then, unless laners are getting punished enough for not having a useful summoner spell in lane.

I will have to see for myself in more games before I judge it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Don't disappoint me @_@

Just played him. Feels better than before but after playing only Swain for so long, going back to him made me realize he's not that great, haha. He really struggles against any kind of mobility and is easy to shut down.

The liandry's buffs are big though. RoA seems better too, I'm able to keep ult up for a bit longer. I built a WotA for the hell of it, and it wasn't super great. Overall he's better but still not a top tier midlaner.

Leezard

c94694ea36.jpg

teambuilder has changed.

drawkcaB

Oh. That could become stupid with multiple devourers on the team then, unless laners are getting punished enough for not having a useful summoner spell in lane.

I will have to see for myself in more games before I judge it.

Good thing there isn't a smite upgrade that reduces incoming damage by 20% and applies an on-hit true damage DoT, has two stacks worth of use, and is up every 45 seconds maximum.

Goddamit.

What's the reasonable counter here, double ignite bot lane? If the opposing ADC isn't presumably running heal or barrier then do you want to max out kill potential in the first ~10 mins?

teambuilder has changed.

Hmmm, might be a good time to practice my few mid picks like Ziggs.

For the recond I'm not saying Sated Devourer on ADCs is actually an issue yet, but I'm getting really tired of the convoluted mess upgraded smites have been causing for most of the season. Thank god I play support too so I have a nice place to call home away from the weird shit.

Edwardo

You would need to be in xp range to get the stack right? It'd be funny if you could just run over, tag a mob once, and get a stack while running off into the night.

Multiple smites sounds like a fun idea but it just ends up fucking everything up. Champions like Vi shouldn't have access to a bloody ranged slow even though it's meant for champions like Shyv. Then they add smite charges on top of it so you don't have to choose between smiting a camp or a champion.

Ditch all that shit, ditch smite charges, go back to Spirit Stone items and call it a day.
You would need to be in xp range to get the stack right? It'd be funny if you could just run over, tag a mob once, and get a stack while running off into the night.
No you just need to have attacked it close to death for the assist.

Leezard

Good thing there isn't a smite upgrade that reduces incoming damage by 20% and applies an on-hit true damage DoT, has two stacks worth of use, and is up every 45 seconds maximum.

Goddamit.

What's the reasonable counter here, double ignite bot lane? If the opposing ADC isn't presumably running heal or barrier then do you want to max out kill potential in the first ~10 mins?

They're not having that smite until quite a bit into the game and they have to put 800 gold into it.

With a standard heal + ignite/exhaust lanes, you should aim for early fights which you should win on virtue of having superior summoner spells. Even if you don't get a kill you should get a gold advantage which goes further once they buy jungle item. With say a 1200-1500 gold advantage, you should have the advantage in a straight out 2v2, and even better in a 3v3+. If you get kills, even better. You could snowball the lane even harder than if they had a more useful summoner spell.

That's how it should work in theory, at least. The smite is like a weaker exhaust + a weaker ignite, I'm not convinced it's better than Heal. Maybe in a duel, but not in a teamfight.

Tizoc

Well fuck you too EU Nordic, where else am i gonna try the new champ outside of AI, huh?
Buncha Bronze scrubs kicking me out of their games... >=/

Tizoc

Tried out Runglaive on Seju.
Nah stick to Cinderhulk, the extra ap damage is meh, it CAN work as with 10-20% cooldown she can land that W every 5ish seconds, combine that with her q and e and you'll get that passive out almost every time :p

garath

teambuilder has changed.

That's pretty cool. So basically those roles would pop instantly? I like. Too bad my teambuilder MMR is not at all good. I don't enjoy those games in the slightest.

edit: what. They aren't looking for support? It lies.

Nekofrog

Banned
Adc takes forever to find. I spammed top shen in team builder for a few days and I would always be waiting for an ad out of all roles

Bacon

You gotta think riot is going to target the adc position for an overhaul next season. It's just such a stale role imo.

Kalista was such a nice shot in the arm because she just does so much different stuff from the typical adc

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You gotta think riot is going to target the adc position for an overhaul next season. It's just such a stale role imo.

Kalista was such a nice shot in the arm because she just does so much different stuff from the typical adc

There needs to be more item diversity for the role in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom