• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played him. Feels better than before but after playing only Swain for so long, going back to him made me realize he's not that great, haha. He really struggles against any kind of mobility and is easy to shut down.

The liandry's buffs are big though. RoA seems better too, I'm able to keep ult up for a bit longer. I built a WotA for the hell of it, and it wasn't super great. Overall he's better but still not a top tier midlaner.

Mobility aint a problem! I beat Rivens and Gnars all the time! You disappoint me!

Blizzard

Banned
I tried devourer master yi in ranked, but got crushed -- other lanes lost even without many ganks from the opposing jungler, so that by the time I got 30 stacks everything was pushed and there were no wards on the map. I would need to become a much better player to handle that properly. Even when typing dragon timings and assist pings, no one would help ward near dragon or come near dragon besides me, so I couldn't even contest it unless I suicided to try to steal.

Even with 30 stacks, devourer doesn't seem to do much damage on yi. A single frozen heart seems enough to stop the damage easily. It still takes 2 hits with a 30-farmed devourer to kill back line minions at 30 minutes, too.

I feel like yi would do more damage going crit instead like Tryndamere.

Oh god I can't do top lane swain

Haha, so you played him mid I assume?

Yeah, I exclusively take Swain top now. I've learned all the match ups(Except those rare solo ADCs) and I've become a better Swain player because of them. You just naturally learn what 'all-in' champions do, and how to control them. I have like, a 76% win rate with Swain top~

Reason I take him top is because he'd be outclassed mid by pure mages. So I kinda make him like a battle mage, able to take and dish damage.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Haha, so you played him mid I assume?

Yeah, I exclusively take Swain top now. I've learned all the match ups(Except those rare solo ADCs) and I've become a better Swain player because of them. You just naturally learn what 'all-in' champions do, and how to control them. I have like, a 76% win rate with Swain top~

Reason I take him top is because he'd be outclassed mid by pure mages. So I kinda make him like a battle mage, able to take and dish damage.
Do not take swain top against rengar, that matchup is unfun.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kayle is rather strong with the new items.

garath

Let's put it this way, with Sated Devourer every second auto of yours with Nashor's and E active will do 270+90% AP magic damage

And with Rylai's you are also slowing them on every hit. Add CDR and she always has E up to slow you at ranged with an extremely high attack speed doing 270+90% AP damage to AoE targets.

Devourer+Nashors makes her scary. Rylai's on top of it makes her a death machine.

I don't think I even want to play ranked tonight. I've been doing nothing but ranked (and paying for it) and in general have had much better quality games but this is some messed up stuff.

Actius! Where are you?? I need someone to play with.

edit:

PBE Update - Elise buffs.. more cocoon bot action, more damage on spiderlings.. sigh. Not at all the changes we need. Eve nerfs :( I'm sad because I'm just rediscovering her. That hate spike nerf is a pretty big one for mid to late game damage.

Grakl

Hey yall, used to play this is a couple years ago, recently tried again and lost a lot of skill. Are there any guides I should check out that any of you would recommend for general play? I know a lot has changed with the map in that time.

Ezreal
Mystic Shot (Q) AP ratio increased to .5 from .4
Trueshot Barrage ( R) AP ratio lowered to .6 from .9
KsOtsCd.gif

Leezard

Enchantment: Runeglaive
[Still looking into this one.]
Tooltip now reads: "UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack deals X bonus magic damage on hit (1.5 second cooldown). When directly attacking a monster, the bonus damage is reapplied in an AoE around the target, and 8% of your missing Mana is restored."

RIP Runeglaive ezreal

Why is Riot nerfing Ezreal and not Runglaive? He wasn't a problem before that thing got added.

Because Riot knows best @_@

Five Shiny Dolaroos(Or a mystery gift!) says that within the next 2-3 patches, they'll nerf the biggest offenders who use the Sated Devourer, not the item itself.

Leezard

Yeah I see now but still, I don't think these nerfs are fair

I don't think the buff on Q/nerf on R will matter since AP ezreal will not be viable after the runeglaive nerf. AP Ez just won't do 1200+ damage on a global spell anymore, but he wouldn't be used competitively even if he did.

Talents

Banned
How do you get out of an Allied Tahm's eat thing instantly? He kept using it on me even though I told him not to and I could never get out of it until like 2 seconds after he ate me.

How do you get out of an Allied Tahm's eat thing instantly? He kept using it on me even though I told him not to and I could never get out of it until like 2 seconds after he ate me.

You cant~!

Remember when Riot said they didn't want to have skills that would be 'anti-fun' for allies

well

that riots gone now.

drawkcaB

Allied champions swallowed by Tahm should be allowed to get out whenever they want. It was mentioned in the design notes and the champion spotlight. If you weren't able to it's either because you pressing the right key/input or maybe it's bugged. Wouldn't be the first time a new champion was bugged on release.

Allied champions swallowed by Tahm should be allowed to get out whenever they want. It was mentioned in the design notes and the champion spotlight. If you weren't able to it's either because you pressing the right key/input or maybe it's bugged. Wouldn't be the first time a new champion was bugged on release.

I imagine there's a 2 second 'debuffer' in case an allied champion is mashing buttons when he's swallowed so he won't accidentally jump out and die.

Bacon

Had this happen to me earlier. Super fucking annoying especially when you are laying down the dps and this mfer eats you and you can't do damage for however long it is.

Apparently sated devourer is glitched in where it doesn't provide stacks for 'assisting' on dragon kills. (Possibly on other jungle monsters as well?)

subtles

The break didn't do me much good as I lost my first three ranked games. Funny thing is, every game had a feeding Yasuo - coincidentally the champion that put me on tilt before. Why are there so many of him now? I'll probably grind it out tomorrow as all three were very winnable games.

Kayle and Shyvana are terrifying this patch.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Been on the reddit and saw bugs with devourer. theres one where if you use a pot with it, it would cancel the attack speed of it and another where you could stack it with other enchantments.

Description: zed ability makes ENEMY minions go out of the nexus at 40-50% health and ranged minions at 20-30% health and late game even with less health and this started from first wave. IF zed makes enough dmg to oneshot minions with Q, minions on every lane just spawn dead and zed gets money from them
Hahahahaha WHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom