• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vayne and Sated Devourer

Her passive procs every 2 hits

@_@

Top of page fiora hype
cYqX2bM.png

garath

Eve is really good this patch still. I'm going to be sad for the nerfs. I've been having trouble finding junglers that click for me after the tank meta hit.

Actually incredible

It makes me wonder how the fuck minions are programmed

I mean, like back in the day Nocturnes 'Trail' used to technically be a minion that constantly died. Pair a Trundle next to him and he healed tremendously. Anivia's wall is still considered a minion.

.........Which leaves how the fuck does Zed killing minions, make every minion that spawns either die instantly, or with half-health. Like what in the world is Riot doing...then again Riot likes coding things as other things. Like wards used to be coded as minions, but now they aren't(Which is why they can kill a ward while someones teleporting to it.)

Don't worry, Swain's design ensures he'll never be popular unless be becomes pick or ban status

And thank god for that.

If someone tries to pick him up, they'll get stomped because they don't understand why he's strong. Early game he's also weaker early-game than alot of mids these days, so they wouldn't know how to play him in his obvious position. And if they try to take him top lane, they need to understand match ups in order to win.

The perfect champion.

I haven't played League in a while. Jumped on, coughed up $10, and purchased Tahm for no reason other than his voice and dialogue is awesome. Time to cook me up somethin' delightful.

patchday

Anyone has any guess when Echo might go on sale? I really want the character but don't want to pay for full price if I can avoid it! I try to stick with sales

Tahm is pretty damn fun, but I have no idea what I'm doing with him. I give it 2 games---3 at max---before I completely piss a teammate off by either him ally or enemy at stupid moments.

Tahm is pretty damn fun, but I have no idea what I'm doing with him. I give it 2 games---3 at max---before I completely piss a teammate off by either him ally or enemy at stupid moments.

Just played a premade game earlier with friends. Had a double kill with Darius and was gonna get the triple (had the R reset) when friend ate me just for lulz..... :(

drawkcaB

Played as Vi vs. a Devourer Xin. He did well enough, nothing crazy. Between that match and what I've spectated so far I'm not sure it's as broken as people think it is.

patchday

played with a tahm earlier. He'd scoop me up and run with me in his mouth when we got in too much trouble.

Nekofrog

Banned
qmEDN1H.jpg

fuck this item, dude.

thoughts on it: it actually takes really long to stack, making dragons crucial to getting it early. i like how objectives tie into its stacking.

jerd

I played one game earlier and wrecked every lane early with no threat of a countergank. I'm sure it scales really well and that not all of my games will go this way, but i was basically just able to live in the enemy jungle after i got a few kills knowing he wouldn't be very strong. I think he only had like 10 stacks on it at the end of the game?

It's not the yis that scare me tho. It's the shyvanas and udyrs who hit for 400 per auto while tanking everything. I'm def banning shyv if i play ranked this patch unless i see evidence that she's not as strong as i think she'll be

I get the feeling stuff like reksai, nid, and evelynn that can have a big early impact will be as relevant as ever if not more so

Nekofrog

Banned
i mean, ive always been a gank orientated jungler even when feral flare was a thing as yi. nobody expects it. everybody thinks "oh he's going to be afk in his own jungle". nope.

I tried to jungle Tahm...

Died at red. Ummmmm

League of Legends, where the champs are forced into lane roles and the players don't matter.

Context. Tahm is a support champ. Riot hates support champs doing anything but that, so they make them too weak to do anything else.

jerd

Yeah i have no idea why riot even listed support on his reveal page.

Could it just need a runes/masteries tweak? Usually with enough attack speed anyone can clear decently right?

Ferga

So my last team, despite my efforts to make plays and get us ahead, decides to play laning phase all game until we lose every inhib and turret

Stupidity. Just pure stupidity.

My first try on Devourer Yi went bad.

Can't exactly do squat when all lanes go 0/3 before I even hit 20 stacks... without jungler intervention.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried devourer master yi in ranked, but got crushed -- other lanes lost even without many ganks from the opposing jungler, so that by the time I got 30 stacks everything was pushed and there were no wards on the map. I would need to become a much better player to handle that properly. Even when typing dragon timings and assist pings, no one would help ward near dragon or come near dragon besides me, so I couldn't even contest it unless I suicided to try to steal.

Even with 30 stacks, devourer doesn't seem to do much damage on yi. A single frozen heart seems enough to stop the damage easily. It still takes 2 hits with a 30-farmed devourer to kill back line minions at 30 minutes, too.

I feel like yi would do more damage going crit instead like Tryndamere.
Quoting this just in case anyone has Master Yi advice. If not, I might try Kayle instead.

In theory having a couple hundred extra damage on autoattacks sound nice, but if it comes at a cost of having to farm and ignore lanes, and you die anyway if anyone hits you with CC, and you could get a couple hundred extra equivalent damage by just building crits, I'm not yet convinced.

Maybe if I manage to synchronize the Master Yi double hit with a Q so I at least get one or two autoattacks in before I die to someone peeling for a carry?

Blizzard

Banned
So my last team, despite my efforts to make plays and get us ahead, decides to play laning phase all game until we lose every inhib and turret

Stupidity. Just pure stupidity.
Sometimes it may be your fault as well, even if it feels like you are the best player -- due to the elo system, if you have played hundreds of games, you will probably be put with players of similar skill level on average.

This patch is weird. In my latest game, even before buying Devourer, an enemy Quinn jungle went 4/0/0 in the first 10-12 minutes and crushed our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom