• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

Yeah, Sated Devourer is broken as hell lol. Just played Jungle Diana and stacked it to 30 by 18 minutes.

How does 600+ AoE magic damage every 0.8 seconds sound?

3pCFZGH.png

Blizzard

Banned
Alright. Until devourer gets nerfed, I'm only playing reksai/diana jungle
Is Rek'Sai good because of Queen's Wrath and increased fury regeneration?

Yeah, Sated Devourer is broken as hell lol

How does 600+ AoE magic damage every other attack sound?

3pCFZGH.png
I guess I was playing the wrong champion with it. I was just trying master yi doublestrike + BOTRK.

That's magic instead of true damage though, so magic resist will still reduce it. I see you have abyssal to lower it somewhat however.

He seems fine to me too. He's kind of like Braum with less cc but more utility.

Power levels are difficult to judge so far though, too many mirror matchups.
That's an interesting comparison. In the game I played it seemed there wasn't much way to save a teammate besides eating them and hoping they don't rage (or ulting if you get lucky). The biggest weird thing compared to Braum is that Braum gets stacks from teammates too, but Tahm has to apply them himself which means enemies have to let you sit in melee range.

Q is fast but doesn't go through anything so it can be hard to hit. W is very odd when spitting minions -- one time I ate Tibbers and I think he flew really far, but normal minions seem to fly really short distances with no range or tooltip to indicate the difference -- the range overlay shows melee range.

Having % HP damage sounds nice, but the requirements for activating it mean it's difficult to achieve, doesn't happen very often because of W's cooldown, AND means you actually save enemies -- you're giving them a free hourglass meaning they might dodge an Ashe arrow or have some ability come off cooldown so they can escape once it wears off.

*edit* I almost don't see how it would be possible for Tahm to be played mid or top lane. With only 2 damaging abilities, and his Q actually doing worse damage than Braum's Q unless you have a ton of AP, it seems like it would be worse than playing Braum in those roles. Is there something I'm missing? A sheen-based item like frozen gauntlet would help a little, but only a little compared to other champions who can build tank but do high damage.

Skux

Just had a Tahm support as Lucian. That guy is going to be nuts in the right hands.

Kalista-level saves on any champion combined with double Rek'Sai semi-global ults for crazy dragon ganks or siegebreaking flanks.

patchday

Does no one ever participate in the Dominion pvp? I never get anyone in the queue- only the Coop AI

Yeah, Sated Devourer is broken as hell lol. Just played Jungle Diana and stacked it to 30 by 18 minutes.

How does 600+ AoE magic damage every 0.8 seconds sound?

3pCFZGH.png

mind sharing your build?

Skux

mind sharing your build?

Still kinda figuring it out but I rush Devourer and then Zhonya's/Abyssal, also experimenting with Nashor's 2nd to get through the jungle even faster. Without Runglaive you will often run out of mana try to get blue whenever possible.

That being said I did just lose a game vs a Wukong jungle going traditional trailblazer (purple smite). Going Devourer first really cripples your ganking and burst and is very reliant on you plowing through the jungle. If you get caught up in early skirmishes and unsuccessful ganks you'll have a hard time.

However, if you make it to late game or get fed early, it's ridiculous. Just attack move and mulch through health bars before they've built MR.

Opiate

Opiate plays dominion. I'm not sure how regularly.

It's dead. I used to have 20 min queues because I had a very high hidden dominion elo. But eventually queues got to be ~2 hours for me just because so few people were playing, and I quit.

I've moved on significantly to Heroes of the Storm, because it suits my needs better now. I don't like laning phase, I find last hitting boring as all get out, and I strongly prefer team oriented fights that focus on coordination and positioning. Summoner's rift has that, but it's really the last 5-10 minutes of the game, after 10 minutes of laning and 10 more minutes of small skirmishes. Not enough, at least for me.

With that said, I still log in to league and still play some. I have >170k IP if I ever want to buy any champion.

Blizzard

Banned
After testing more, it seems Tahm can spit normal minions for a longer distance, but I still can't find any range indicator about it.

garath

Tahm is a pretty good support. The Q poke is really annoying facing him and being able to suck up the ADC and absorb a metric ton of damage thanks to his E makes it very difficult to secure kills on that lane. And if he gets 3 passive stacks on you, you're pretty much dead meat. He'll just slurp you up and move you right back in the middle of the lane for the jungler gank or easy kill.

Don't forget the mobility too. Both support and ADC into a fight elsewhere on the map as needed is huge.

Tizoc

How has Top Tahm been so far? Tried him in my first game but didn't do too well cuz our stinking Jungle Hecarim hardly ganked >=/

Blizzard

Banned
Tahm is a pretty good support. The Q poke is really annoying facing him and being able to suck up the ADC and absorb a metric ton of damage thanks to his E makes it very difficult to secure kills on that lane. And if he gets 3 passive stacks on you, you're pretty much dead meat. He'll just slurp you up and move you right back in the middle of the lane for the jungler gank or easy kill.

Don't forget the mobility too. Both support and ADC into a fight elsewhere on the map as needed is huge.
The passive stacks require you to be sitting almost melee range though, and he's 95% slowed while he eats you so he can't move anywhere without flashing.

Q poke does nothing if a single minion blocks it, so just keep moving sideways and it will probably miss (or hit a minion and make the ADC rage).

Einbroch

Banned
How has Top Tahm been so far? Tried him in my first game but didn't do too well cuz our stinking Jungle Hecarim hardly ganked >=/

It actually seems to be his weakest position (that and mid, basically any solo lane). I tried it twice and was pretty disappointed.

It's dead. I used to have 20 min queues because I had a very high hidden dominion elo. But eventually queues got to be ~2 hours for me just because so few people were playing, and I quit.

I've moved on significantly to Heroes of the Storm, because it suits my needs better now. I don't like laning phase, I find last hitting boring as all get out, and I strongly prefer team oriented fights that focus on coordination and positioning. Summoner's rift has that, but it's really the last 5-10 minutes of the game, after 10 minutes of laning and 10 more minutes of small skirmishes. Not enough, at least for me.

With that said, I still log in to league and still play some. I have >170k IP if I ever want to buy any champion.

Dominions dead? 2 hour queues? Shame. HoTS does seem like it'd be a good game as a replacement for Dominion though, good thing you found a replacement @_@

~~

I think I'm going to avoid playing this patch. The changes they're making is simply too volatile for my liking, something that should be saved for the preseason.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know how he would even work top or mid. It would be like Braum, with barely 2 damaging spells and you depending on a sheen item for damage or something.

garath

The passive stacks require you to be sitting almost melee range though, and he's 95% slowed while he eats you so he can't move anywhere without flashing.

Q poke does nothing if a single minion blocks it, so just keep moving sideways and it will probably miss (or hit a minion and make the ADC rage).

The stacks last long enough that you can get all three with just Q to my knowledge. And with all 3 stacks, he can Q->W you and pull you in from range. The support I played against didn't manage to do that but a few all-ins he was able to get all 3. He soaks damage like crazy. Him eating the opposing adc is kind of like a bard ult. It freezes the fight for a bit and lets his team get into a better position to close it. Plus it does good damage.

Q is long range and it's a pretty fast projectile. Hard to dodge. I was an Ashe against him and it ruined my kill potential. I'd usually get some free kills by charging up Q and then slowing the enemy and just pelt them with Q as they run away but the Tahm Q slowed me more than I slowed them. Sucked.

Leezard

The stacks last long enough that you can get all three with just Q to my knowledge. And with all 3 stacks, he can Q->W you and pull you in from range. The support I played against didn't manage to do that but a few all-ins he was able to get all 3. He soaks damage like crazy. Him eating the opposing adc is kind of like a bard ult. It freezes the fight for a bit and lets his team get into a better position to close it. Plus it does good damage.

Q is long range and it's a pretty fast projectile. Hard to dodge. I was an Ashe against him and it ruined my kill potential. I'd usually get some free kills by charging up Q and then slowing the enemy and just pelt them with Q as they run away but the Tahm Q slowed me more than I slowed them. Sucked.
He can't Q-w champions from range, only minions and monsters.

patchday

Ah thanks for your post. I like HOTS as well. Very fast paced

Still kinda figuring it out but I rush Devourer and then Zhonya's/Abyssal, also experimenting with Nashor's 2nd to get through the jungle even faster. Without Runglaive you will often run out of mana try to get blue whenever possible.

That being said I did just lose a game vs a Wukong jungle going traditional trailblazer (purple smite). Going Devourer first really cripples your ganking and burst and is very reliant on you plowing through the jungle. If you get caught up in early skirmishes and unsuccessful ganks you'll have a hard time.

However, if you make it to late game or get fed early, it's ridiculous. Just attack move and mulch through health bars before they've built MR.

Thanks!!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Switching between Nightblu and Santorin's stream and it's amazing just how bad NB is in comparison. Did this guy actually think he could jungle for LCS?

Edit: Early ganking junglers are probably having a field day since everyone thinks the enemy jungler will just AFK farm until sated lol.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If I did play Jungle I would probably spam Volibear and just constantly run into the enemy jungle and murder them over and over as they try to farm.

Pancakes

I have seen terror. And it's Rylais Lyandries Evelyn.

drawkcaB

Not sure if the functionality was ever there but I was under the impression Tahm could Q-W allied champions as well. Makes sense you can't though.

At any rate, played my first Vi game last night in easily over a year, probably going back about 15 months really. I remembered her being a one-trick pony but man, once our early game advantage starting rolling back because the enemy composition's AoE simply overwhelmed us it really brought it home - felt pretty useless. I was never particularly great at playing assassin/carry type junglers before, but I was still surprised by how much my jungle playstyle had gravitated towards utility and/or optional play pattern junglers over the past year or so.

Which I suppose makes sense. As I continue to trim my champion pool the hardest part to slim down is support, which if anything has been increasing in count. If I'm being honest it's probably my favorite position these days, though I still like jungling.

So the jungle pool is now Skarner, Xin, Nautilus, and Hecarim. Could fit Sion in there as well although I prefer him top. Still feel like adding another piece, either Trundle who I had been doing well enough with recently or Volibear.

Rylai-Liandrys is just a crazy combination right now, period. Been feeling like giving Zyra some playtime at either mid or support just to try it out.

Blizzard

Banned
The stacks last long enough that you can get all three with just Q to my knowledge.
Tahm Q has a 6-second cooldown and runs out in 7 seconds, so you only have a 1-second window to repeat it. If the enemy champion can dodge even one of the 3 Q attempts or hide behind a minion, the stacks will reset.

garath said:
And with all 3 stacks, he can Q->W you and pull you in from range. The support I played against didn't manage to do that but a few all-ins he was able to get all 3.
I'll have to test this, but the wiki only mentions pulling in minions and monsters from range with QW. Even if it's possible, it would require the enemy not only being hit 3 times instead of avoiding them for the 1-2 second window to reset stacks, but also staying in Q range after they have 3 stacks instead of letting them expire.

*edit* I see this was already discussed, sorry.

Bacon

Not sure if the functionality was ever there but I was under the impression Tahm could Q-W allied champions as well. Makes sense you can't though.

At any rate, played my first Vi game last night in easily over a year, probably going back about 15 months really. I remembered her being a one-trick pony but man, once our early game advantage starting rolling back because the enemy composition's AoE simply overwhelmed us it really brought it home - felt pretty useless. I was never particularly great at playing assassin/carry type junglers before, but I was still surprised by how much my jungle playstyle had gravitated towards utility and/or optional play pattern junglers over the past year or so.

Which I suppose makes sense. As I continue to trim my champion pool the hardest part to slim down is support, which if anything has been increasing in count. If I'm being honest it's probably my favorite position these days, though I still like jungling.

So the jungle pool is now Skarner, Xin, Nautilus, and Hecarim. Could fit Sion in there as well although I prefer him top. Still feel like adding another piece, either Trundle who I had been doing well enough with recently or Volibear.

Rylai-Liandrys is just a crazy combination right now, period. Been feeling like giving Zyra some playtime at either mid or support just to try it out.

What about reksai? She feels pretty good as a utility/support type jungler to me.

garath

Damn. I was sorely tempted to go Rylai's in my Eve game last night. Opted for Zhyona's instead as it was pretty late game. I wonder if it'll be worth rushing that combo after Runeglaive after they nerf her/runeglaive/luden's. Right now the Runeglaive into Luden's combo is really potent in the jungle.

I think the meta is gravitating out of the utility jungle again. You should try Shyvana and Eve. They would be good in your pool. I love Voli but he is getting kited too hard these days. The new Rylai's, Ashe, now Tahm. So many slows. Trundle is probably secret OP.

drawkcaB

Shyvana and Eve aren't really my thing. The whole knock of certain champions being kited easily has always been half bullshit to me. In the chaos of a teamfight there's always openings to get to the opposing carries if your patient and barring that champions like Voli, Skarner, Udyr are good bodyguards.

Square peg round whole syndrome - knocking champions for something that they aren't in the first place. "Skarner's Impale initiation sucks". Well, true enough, but it isn't meant for initiating a teamfight. I don't see people crapping on Ziggs because he's a bad damage soak.

garath

Man Lee Sin and Rek'sai are so good this patch. Sometimes it feels like jgs running Devourer are afk

That was the same problem with feral flare. A jungler that is only farming is doing it wrong. It's rare there aren't at least a few clear cut ganking/counter ganking opportunities and the dragon control is going to be key. The good ones are still going to be a terror even while farming up a storm.

It's almost like the old conservation days. Don't waste time. Farm and gank.

You didn't do too well because you didn't play too well. Never rely on jungler help to win your lane or do well. I go into every game thinking "how do i win with no help and getting camped?" It's just a mindset of worst case scenario. Obviously sometimes i have a jungler who does help and the game is easy but i don't expect that.

Once you learn to win or go even with no help and even in bad matchups you start climbing real fast. The jungler not ganking means that either he's ganking other lanes or power farming meaning he should be stronger than other jungler, unless other jungler ganks were all successful.

Sometimes when i see my jungler power farming i bait the other jungler to gank me just so i can waste his time and we have an advantage of a stronger jungler in mid game.

Way i look at it during laning phase is that they are 4 areas. Top, mid, and bot lane plus jungle. Goal is to be stronger in at least 3 areas before mid game. Obviously there are games where people throw etc... but generally if my team comes out ahead in 3 of the 4 by mid game we should have at least a 70% chance of winning.

In pro play it's like damn near 95% because those guys are well coordinated. But solo q is just a toss up of lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom