• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Looking at the list of junglers, dawned on me that I really hope Riot gets around to reworking Warwick by year's end. Maybe for the Harrowing? That'd be nice.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So I'm trying to finalize a jungle Diana build. Love devourer but most people go Runeglaive.

I've been going devourer-nashor's-merc treads/cdr boots-abyssal-zhonyas but I dunno. Really fun to play though.

clemenx

Banned
Holy fuck just played against a Azir, MF, Sivir, Varus, Morgana team in ARAM. I hate life.

We were Urgot, Sion, Jarvan, Shaco (lol) and Kayle. I'm surprised we lasted long, considering the Kayle didn't know how to build her and rushed Rabadon's.

real unedited footage of why i cant win when i solo q.

then the "top" picks elise.
squinty_4.png

jerd

Thank god they reverted the warriors enchantment change on PBE, that dot sounded way worse

Yeah they just need to add another sword or just gold to the recipe and give it another 5-10 ad instead of something gimmicky

It's actually the only jungle item left that's not gimmicky so maybe they were just trying to make it fit in. Idk what to do with it but it needs to be a viable option to be more active earlier on but the other items just kind of outclass it right now i think

So many changes for the middle of the season i can't keep up. I've played more norms in the past few days than i have all season it seems like.

patchday

oh wow- was in a game with someone named "LetsFeedHard". Something like that. since I'm a newbie with no clue beyond last hitting I have no kills yet. He walks up to me and gives me a free kill lol. This is sad but it gave me a little encouragement and I went to help the team gank the enemies and we won.

Of course they gave up due to that troll I'm sure

jerd

Is general mage itemization the same after this patch? None of the changes really had an effect on most builds right?

Blizzard

Banned
Is general mage itemization the same after this patch? None of the changes really had an effect on most builds right?
I haven't played Malzahar since the patch, but I suspect ROA first will still be right for him, with liandry's and rylais after that being stronger options than before because of the boosted AP etc.

I haven't played Malzahar since the patch, but I suspect ROA first will still be right for him, with liandry's and rylais after that being stronger options than before because of the boosted AP etc.

I feel RoA is skippable. RoA is only good on mages that need health/mana, that need to be in the heat of the battle. Skipping to Liandry's/rylais would be far better IMO.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel RoA is skippable. RoA is only good on mages that need health/mana, that need to be in the heat of the battle. Skipping to Liandry's/rylais would be far better IMO.
I think I used to try that, but then I realized that a bunch of pro builds use it (5/8 right now from glancing at probuilds) and I think I started doing way better once I tried it. I know in theory Malzahar is supposed to be able to farm back mana, but the HP and mana sustain from leveling up with catalyst helps a ton, especially against champions who immediately kill your voidling to prevent your farm chain from working early.

If you're LCS level, you might be able to get by without it, but apparently even pro-level players still use it.

I think I used to try that, but then I realized that a bunch of pro builds use it (5/8 right now from glancing at probuilds) and I think I started doing way better once I tried it. I know in theory Malzahar is supposed to be able to farm back mana, but the HP and mana sustain from leveling up with catalyst helps a ton, especially against champions who immediatey kill your voidling to prevent your farm chain from working early.

Maybe. Laning it's completely fine, I just mean late game where you'll die immediately.

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe. Laning it's completely fine, I just mean late game where you'll die immediately.
Ah, I was talking about as a first big item when laning.

Even lategame though, ROA gives a bunch of AP (I think even more after the patch as a 100 AP item) which is nice for Malzahar, and his job is probably going to be nuking the front/tank line anyway so he should always be in the safest possible position.

23qwerty

fuckin bot lane duos man

they try to 2v5 all game and get an absurd amount of deaths, and i instinctively dodge one skill shot that i should have blocked that kills a teammate after we've already lost a teamfight and probably the game at that point

"gg eve threw the game"

ok

we could've won if they would stop going for blind picks in the enemy jungle holy fuck

Playing in OCE is weird. It seems that when I play on weekday nights, LCK-caliber sub Lv30 players pop out and mop me. I play on weekend and I play against Gold-Plats who play terrible.

Blizzard

Banned
Welp ran into the first intentional feeder of the week. Fun times.
The mid Varus? Did they start intentionally feeding midgame? The numbers don't suggest they were intentionally feeding all game (higher CS than everyone but the ADC, several assists, 9 wards, non-troll items).

Tahm seems ok as supp, you just need to have some synergy with your ADC pick so you can take advantage of his Qs
Rylai is pretty silly. Need more experimentation to know who should be getting it

Tizoc

Holy fuck just played against a Azir, MF, Sivir, Varus, Morgana team in ARAM. I hate life.

We were Urgot, Sion, Jarvan, Shaco (lol) and Kayle. I'm surprised we lasted long, considering the Kayle didn't know how to build her and rushed Rabadon's.

Hah you should've seen my match
http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/1200146347/205390904

Just look at what our Poppy built and I even typed in chat the items they should go for.
I'm surprised we won this.
I also learned that a tanky Tahm is very tanky :V

??? Shaco is quite good in ARAM, either AP or AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom