• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

The Crit of Demacia
70OeTPb.jpg

http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/1198955922/205390904/eog

Seriously I'd end up soloing a lane while my team was in a far off lane getting kills, mainly bot lane.
I'd just push mid or top til the inhibitor turret then scurry my Demacian ass away.

Tizoc

Won a 55 min. long match as Cho'gath.
Our team practically forgot how to play near end of the game as we lost two turrets that could've been defended =_=
i just tanked shit but ap cho'gath is one murderous beast.

patchday

Hope someone can help me out-

I'm sort of interested in purchasing Syndra since she's on the firesale this week and all. But according to the Solo Queue Tier list she's Tier 3. does this mean she sucks?

I don't need a FOTM champion but also don't need to suck more than usual. But I guess even a bad champion is okay since I'm just starting out (still only Summoner L9 I cant even Smite yet)

23qwerty

I'm sort of interested in purchasing Syndra since she's on the firesale this week and all. But according to the Solo Queue Tier list she's Tier 3. does this mean she sucks?

I don't need a FOTM champion but also don't need to suck more than usual. But I guess even a bad champion is okay since I'm just starting out (still only Summoner L9 I cant even Smite yet)
She's pretty decent but her early game got a pretty hard nerf fairly recently and the tank meta doesn't favour her very much. She does have a bunch of bugs that were apparently fixed this patch though, so she might be a bit better now.

Low level she's probably fine though, I'd go for it, I like her a lot!

Bacon

Thanks a lot!

Also, while that tier list website can be useful, definitely don't treat it as gospel. Ultimately winning games is going to come down to your own individual skill and game knowledge. Someone who knows a champion inside and out is going to beat someone who just picks the "best" FOTM champion 99 times out of a hundred

drawkcaB

I wouldn't. This is where Zkylon would really come in handy since he'd give you more insight, but on top of having to learn a fairly difficult champion when things are going well, Syndra happens to be one of the more bug ridden champions in the game and it artificial inflates her learning curve.

By all means, try her out to see if you like her, I wouldn't blindly buy her.

patchday

Hm, hopefully she hits the free rotation at some point. I still haven't sprung for her yet. Atm reading more guides. Goodness, so many items and strategies...

subtles

The Rylai's 40% slow on Singed is disgusting.

I find Dekar hitting level 5 in the jungle before the solo laners by clearing the smaller monsters at camps before going back for greater experience gains really interesting. So many nitty gritty details and trade offs.

I have no idea what my skill order should be on Tahm. All of his abilities are so strong. E at max rank with Spirit Visage recovers like 50% of the grey health.

Syndra is strong once you get a few levels in her Q. She's very reliant on skill shots, though. Miss your stun and you'll probably lose the fight. It can be frustrating when that happens and your Annie lane opponent walks up and one shots you without having to aim anything.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Don't bother following tier lists at lower levels it doesn't matter. Hell, that list puts support Shen as tier 4 when he's crazy strong as support atm.

Burt

I have no idea what my skill order should be on Tahm. All of his abilities are so strong. E at max rank with Spirit Visage recovers like 50% of the grey health.

Top or support? I've been playing him top a lot and his laning is strong, but it's been pretty meh beyond that consider how hard it can be to get stacks on during a teamfight or find teammates who actually use his ult.

Max W>E>Q. Q has terrible base damage and gets blocked way too easily by minions. It's only useful as a slow/stun. W has great damage and makes CSing much easier. Start with a health crystal and pots then TP back once you can afford catalyst and you'll avoid any mana problems.

Rylai's on Singed is secretly the biggest problem in this patch.

patchday

Wish all my matches could go like this one went where I got 14 kills. The enemy team must've been all kinds of high and drunk. I thought they were bots. First LoL match where I felt like I was finally fighting fellow newbies

Since my first match I've been surrounded by smurfs I guess especially with the way they always seem to have a master plan and call for adc, jungle,top, mid, etc. Newbs don't know that stuff right off the bat.

I wish I could figure out why vets like to reroll as new accounts so much. For the challenge? To noob stomp? Idk

i got outplayed by ahri in the 1v1 so naturally amumu decides to give me some kills to make it impossible for their team to fight me in the jungle.

first ult hit me by myself and then he got shrek'd by me and gragas

second ult hit gragas and tryn

third ult didnt matter because i killed everyone 2v5.

Hey guys, we need to fix that one awful jungle item. What should we do?

What? You want to tweak the numbers, make it relevant for more junglers, give it a place in the meta?

No, fuck that. You know what we're gonna do? We're gonna disregard the last few times we made a ridiculous mistake and give the item a completely gimmicky passive so outrageously exploitable and dumb that it comes with a free pet.

No, I'm serious. Let's give it a passive that is completely broken on a handful of champs and completely useless on the rest, forcing us to either scrap it entirely AGAIN or just tune it down to the point that no one will ever buy it anymore. Let's make it so the second we announce it, the players reading the information will put up a dozen instances immediately recognizable as exploits that will destroy ranked games for weeks, maybe even months, and just put it out anyways on the live servers despite players literally pleading for us not to make them go through this shit again.

What do you mean? We're Riot Games. Plural. Get with the program.

We don't "balance", we "promote diversity". Get it? Got it? Good.

Hey man, don't kick Riot when they're down. I mean, I constantly throw shade at Riot. That's how I made my entrance into this topic, on the whisky winds of shade.

Actually no I'm fine with it. I can't believe Riot listens to Reddit, seeing as how reddit gobbles up everything Riot gives them and Riot has kinda surrounded themselves with yes-men. It's devious.

jerd

I've only played a few games this patch but so far I'm actually pretty fine with the devourer change. So far I'm pretty confident that as long as i deny dragons i can hold off the enemy's sated long enough to make a big enough impact ganking while they farm to even things out

I played eve vs a shyv today and shyv got massively fed early but i was still more useful overall in getting my team in a position to handle her. I imagine cheesey junglers who can just counter jungle and invade all day would be even better. Not saying the item isn't good or even op, just that it feels to me so far that there is a playstyle to counter it

Ferga

Shen is just so braindead to play. It's practically a free win laning if you manage energy so you can taunt out of ganks.

Then you have this global ult with practically no cooldown. Add that with a tp and you never lose tower or exp.

Build a triforce and you're this ridiculous machine that people need to focus or they end up losing because taunt-autos do half your carry's life.

How is he not picked every game?

But seriously fuck devourer lol.

I had a level 12 xin solo me when I was a level 15 shen. Healing every 2 autos is stupid as shit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hey guys, we need to fix that one awful jungle item. What should we do?

What? You want to tweak the numbers, make it relevant for more junglers, give it a place in the meta?

No, fuck that. You know what we're gonna do? We're gonna disregard the last few times we made a ridiculous mistake and give the item a completely gimmicky passive so outrageously exploitable and dumb that it comes with a free pet.

No, I'm serious. Let's give it a passive that is completely broken on a handful of champs and completely useless on the rest, forcing us to either scrap it entirely AGAIN or just tune it down to the point that no one will ever buy it anymore. Let's make it so the second we announce it, the players reading the information will put up a dozen instances immediately recognizable as exploits that will destroy ranked games for weeks, maybe even months, and just put it out anyways on the live servers despite players literally pleading for us not to make them go through this shit again.

What do you mean? We're Riot Games. Plural. Get with the program.

We don't "balance", we "promote diversity". Get it? Got it? Good.
New items are cool, but the meta is so entrenched they would have to make alternates to a lot of champions at the same time since not everything is available to everyone. It's super hard and I don't envy their position.
The item seems pretty dumb though

Blizzard

Banned
Shen is just so braindead to play. It's practically a free win laning if you manage energy so you can taunt out of ganks.

Then you have this global ult with practically no cooldown. Add that with a tp and you never lose tower or exp.

Build a triforce and you're this ridiculous machine that people need to focus or they end up losing because taunt-autos do half your carry's life.

How is he not picked every game?

But seriously fuck devourer lol.

I had a level 12 xin solo me when I was a level 15 shen. Healing every 2 autos is stupid as shit.
Am I understanding you correctly that you are saying Shen's almost a free win when you have a 1-2 ranked record with him this season, and he has a 50-53% win rate in diamond recently? Or is the key that no one manages his energy correctly?

Also, are you talking about how powerful Shen is in the same post that you are complaining that someone managed to kill you? :p

Ferga

Having a 50% win rate is pretty massive and my 1-2 record means nothing when stuff like this happens when I kill gnar 3 times before 15minutes then proceed to spoon feed graves 4 kills using my ult but he manages to do nothing all game but die from mis-positioning.

Was practically 1v5ing the enemy team if I recall correctly since Zac went ap and couldn't hit his Es in any of the major team fights.

And I'm complaining about devourer. Not about shen.

Blizzard

Banned
Having a 50% win rate is pretty massive and my 1-2 record means nothing when stuff like this happens when I kill gnar 3 times before 15minutes then proceed to spoon feed graves 4 kills using my ult but he manages to do nothing all game but die from mis-positioning.

Was practically 1v5ing the enemy team if I recall correctly since Zac went ap and couldn't hit his Es in any of the major team fights.

And I'm complaining about devourer. Not about shen.
Perhaps devourer exists to counter you! It does seem pretty strong (though slow to get going), though I haven't had much success with it yet. That may be bad luck with lanes or just not knowing how to use it.

And I think you answered your own question -- it isn't necessarily a free win because sometimes people make mistakes or don't know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom