• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shen is just so braindead to play. It's practically a free win laning if you manage energy so you can taunt out of ganks.

Then you have this global ult with practically no cooldown. Add that with a tp and you never lose tower or exp.

Build a triforce and you're this ridiculous machine that people need to focus or they end up losing because taunt-autos do half your carry's life.

How is he not picked every game?

But seriously fuck devourer lol.

I had a level 12 xin solo me when I was a level 15 shen. Healing every 2 autos is stupid as shit.

I feel like with solo q Shen players (including myself when i play him in S3) never ult at the right time. Always a little too late and by the time you get there it's 4v5. His split pushing isn't exactly jax/tryn/zed level either.

He's also easily bullied earlier by the likes of renetkon, Darius and other lane bullies. Having an ult that does nothing in 1v1 all in doesn't help either.

I honestly find support shen so much more annoying in this meta because he can just ult to mid/top/jungle and completely ruin a lane without getting punished. As to oppose if top lane shen ult away he can lose tower, while support shen would still have the ADC. ADC would just need to back off and not get dove till shen comes back.

jerd

I feel like with solo q Shen players (including myself when i play him in S3) never ult at the right time. Always a little too late and by the time you get there it's 4v5. His split pushing isn't exactly jax/tryn/zed level either.

He's also easily bullied earlier by the likes of renetkon, Darius and other lane bullies. Having an ult that does nothing in 1v1 all in doesn't help either.

I honestly find support shen so much more annoying in this meta because he can just ult to mid/top/jungle and completely ruin a lane without getting punished. As to oppose if top lane shen ult away he can lose tower, while support shen would still have the ADC. ADC would just need to back off and not get dove till shen comes back.

I like shen jungle for that reason but idk if I'd play it in ranked right now

Ferga

I honestly find support shen so much more annoying in this meta because he can just ult to mid/top/jungle and completely ruin a lane without getting punished.

That's why I always tp back to top after ulting.

I rarely get pushed out of lane as shen. His sustain is pretty strong.

Ferga

Tahm has 30 per cent win rate in top, 37 per cent as supp. That's low. I wonder how his jungle won rate is.

Non existent. Something has to happen to the jungle to make him viable there imo.

First clear is just so unbelievably bad from what i've experienced

jerd

Shit that's bad

I don't think he's super high skill either so it can't really just be that. He has some intricacies and it will increase over time but that's not much better than bard was right?

garath

I'm not even a top laner but shen is pretty solid. The only lane I've lost with him this season was against a gnar. Not sure how to handle that matchup. So much free gnar poke and them with just a botrk he decimated me as mini gnar. Will have to try that one again.

Ferga

Alright. The last time I played a devourer jungler was when feral flare Yi was bullshit last season.

Shyv is up, so why not pick it? Every shyv I've gone against, they just farm and carry late game.

NOPE!

1/10 adc
1/7 support
Tree stump vlad top never tping anywhere while hecarim destroys everything
Mid lane does nothing but die 1v1 to swain.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1884308922/34551229?tab=overview

Fun times. Never picking a farming jungler again. Laners never win if I don't spoon feed them.

Edit; I just looked at my past games. I've pretty much maintained a 70% kill contribution in almost all my games. Now, I really do feel like I'm the major factor in my games. I mean, god damn.

Ambition

Tahm has 30 per cent win rate in top, 37 per cent as supp. That's low. I wonder how his jungle won rate is.

Poke meta does not suit him at all. He has to fill the support role otherwise he gets kited to death, so Rito has to either increases his AS or his AA range or he will remain irrelevant until a huge meta shift

jerd

Being able to Q-W champs would help him a lot but maybe too much. Idk i think it'd make him a lot more diverse and interesting

Alright. The last time I played a devourer jungler was when feral flare Yi was bullshit last season.

This has been my experience in the last 10 games I played as a Devourer jungler, though I finally just caught my break.

O4PwlAJ.png

Ferga

Get mid and bot ahead but then my Vayne decides to stay bot all game and feed by solo pushing.

Facepalm....

I go 6/2 on reksai and can't tank for my non existent team. Literally did nothing for 20minutes while vayne tries to 1v4 all game.

Im so sad.

I got blamed and reported for intentional feeding by someone for this too:

0ymATTx.png

Wow, rip Kalista. And right after I gifted Blood Moon Kalista to a friend.

I wish they'd revert the nerfs to Lissandra. She feels completely useless as is. No damage, no range and shit scaling on her Q. Like, is there a mage with a worse primary damage dealing spell?

Ferga

I just had a nocturne jungle rush cutlass before buying devourer.

He finished it 28minutes in.

Holy fuck. I'm so confused.

I work my ass off to carry 4 games in a row to get to promos then I get matched with teammates from hell for 4 games straight.

I haven't raged since last season but today just pushed me over the edge.

Orianna has a bug apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyWN4FQ56mU

Holy shit, this onslaught of bugs is pretty bad. Probably the worst in a while. I mean, back in my day the worst glitch was when Trundle had to be disabled when he came out.

Also I had a weird dream where I was in this fighting tournament, and I was like, dressed up as Gangplank. I went up against a person dressed up as Tristana who wobbled against me(I guess it was a fists fighting tournament.) and I just shot her in the head and won immediately. People were salty.

New items are cool, but the meta is so entrenched they would have to make alternates to a lot of champions at the same time since not everything is available to everyone. It's super hard and I don't envy their position.
The item seems pretty dumb though

It can't be that hard to prevent the release of an item that lets Vayne kill you in three hits at 22 minutes.

patchday

Get mid and bot ahead but then my Vayne decides to stay bot all game and feed by solo pushing.

Facepalm....

I go 6/2 on reksai and can't tank for my non existent team. Literally did nothing for 20minutes while vayne tries to 1v4 all game.

Im so sad.

I got blamed and reported for intentional feeding by someone for this too:

0ymATTx.png

Dang Lucian cleaned up that match

Orianna has a bug apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyWN4FQ56mU

Holy shit, this onslaught of bugs is pretty bad. Probably the worst in a while. I mean, back in my day the worst glitch was when Trundle had to be disabled when he came out.

Also I had a weird dream where I was in this fighting tournament, and I was like, dressed up as Gangplank. I went up against a person dressed up as Tristana who wobbled against me(I guess it was a fists fighting tournament.) and I just shot her in the head and won immediately. People were salty.

Haven't had any LoL dreams yet but I'm sure its bound to happen sooner or later

Sande

Tahm Kenches should stop devouring their team mates for no fucking reason in team fights. As it turns out, using your strongest spell to CC a team mate is not that useful.

Bacon

Tahm Kenches should stop devouring their team mates for no fucking reason in team fights. As it turns out, using your strongest spell to CC a team mate is not that useful.

Yep. The only reason they should be using that spell on teammates is to save them from immediate death

Fracas

#fuckonami
This has been my experience in the last 10 games I played as a Devourer jungler, though I finally just caught my break.

I just tried that build and it was super fun, though pretty goofy. Ended up with devourer, merc treads, bork, abyssal, frozen heart and banshee's veil. Could 1v1 anyone in the game.

Also why do I get the feeling that the sated wolf is a prelude to seeing how people react to having a little pet follow them in the game. I can imagine within the next year or so they'll add cosmetic pets.

Blizzard

Banned
Sometimes your teammates have really large sprites and you think you're actually targeting and enemy. :(

xezuru

You don't like the immense pressure a 1bannana/perminute support gives you? Man, the world just has to revolve around you, huh? /s

Im with you ghost, fuck bananaraka.
you should play heroes of the storm, no lame supports like raka.

I think Im done with the game until they fix the damn jungle and the bugs. It still baffles me why they didnt save the jungle changes until preseason.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I queued up for ranked silver and my first two picks are vayne top and udyr

feelin the ole dodgerino might be in order here

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So with the new ap update, im getting a lot more kills but a lot more deaths. So I;ve been in a losing streak Hell, I even think I threw some of them

Fracas

#fuckonami
what a surprise, we lost

who'd have thought that top lane double pd vayne is garbage

as much as i am at fault here, honest to god i don't understand how i'm matched up with these people. no one buys wards, no one has any idea how to go for objectives, no one knows what peel or teamfighting is, no one CSes. it's just tdm tdm tdm

i'm warding almost all of our jungle entrances and i'm the fucking adc. i get sweeper, i clear and deny vision, yet everyone else still only uses their basic green. we have information, no one uses it. i don't know what i'm doing wrong

xezuru

That feel when you queue up for ranked, get support, pretty much set up a 4/0 botlane, and adc just starts swarming other lanes to do absolutely nothing but chase over and over again and end the game with lucky ace -> baserace win with adc being half the other's cs.

That feel when you queue up for ranked, get support, pretty much set up a 4/0 botlane, and adc just starts swarming other lanes to do absolutely nothing but chase over and over again and end the game with lucky ace -> baserace win with adc being half the other's cs.

Could be worse. Last time I supported as Thresh managed to kill their lane a few times, then my ADC decides to try and tower dive. At like, level 4. While their soraka has an exhaust up.

I mean, the number of idiots that play the game has definitely magnified throughout the years.

xezuru

Could be worse. Last time I supported as Thresh managed to kill their lane a few times, then my ADC decides to try and tower dive. At like, level 4. While their soraka has an exhaust up.

I mean, the number of idiots that play the game has definitely magnified throughout the years.

Yeah, I get it, it's just that I don't really care for ranked, but I do want to get higher ranked solely for the purpose of joining a random game, and being able to be semi-confident that players on all sides have base level mechanics and knowledge and not just go from 12-0 team and change that to 14-12 in less than 10 minutes thereafter, while not farming, and losing all objectives when they're just roaming like headless chickens, shrug.

Yeah, I get it, it's just that I don't really care for ranked, but I do want to get higher ranked solely for the purpose of joining a random game, and being able to be semi-confident that players on all sides have base level mechanics and knowledge and not just go from 12-0 team and change that to 14-12 in less than 10 minutes thereafter, while not farming, and losing all objectives when they're just roaming like headless chickens, shrug.

Sorry for sounding dickish/pessimistic, but it really doesn't get better the higher rank. The point it gets better is Diamond 4, Diamond 5 just has a huge skill disparity attached to it that the range of skill is wildly apart between "High" diamond 5 and "low" diamond 5.

My advice-Play the role your best at. Only take a role you're not comfortable with when you're forced to. If you're confident in your ability, then you'll progress. Your teammates will usually make or break the actual matches, and you can't control that~ It sucks, I know. Not trying to be dickish, but it's a hard truth of ranked.

xezuru

Eh, it's the life of a support, I still enjoy the games that due turn out good, it's just sad the turnout is so naturally low.
Especially because the funnest part to me is the push and pull of team fighting.

Worst comes to worst, I move the time over to continue my mediocre career in Melee/PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom