• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh god that game is awful

Dota 2 thread is over here.

Or if you got lost, the Giant Bomb Thread is right hurr

This is the league thread

J7c5fRK.png

garath

Still bad even on lane Morg. Her pool is too tiny.

FQC is just plain superior for setting up bindings. I wish more people would actually upgrade spell thief. The active is good enough to frighten people into flashing if you've been landing good bindings before you even get it. It's a solid roam/pick/snowball/rush item for support Morg.

But you get so much money with coin!

garath

Tried support shen for the first time. Not terrible. I prefer nautilus or Morgana though. I was the hero like 6 times with the ult and landed dozens of good taunts but I'd rather have him top where I'd have farm and split/kill potential.

Didn't help that we blew level 1 hard. Nidalee got executed in the enemy jungle and we gave a double kill bot lane to a level 1 nidalee gank (not even kidding)

patchday

Any advice on how to deal with Annie? Was doing a coop vs AI match last night with Vayne. Annie would stun me and then proceeded to nuke me into the ground. Even more annoying, her basic attack has homing. I don't think it's possible to dodge it :(

Any advice on how to deal with Annie? Was doing a coop vs AI match last night with Vayne. Annie would stun me and then proceeded to nuke me into the ground. Even more annoying, her basic attack has homing. I don't think it's possible to dodge it :(

You can't dodge anyone's basic attack. Unless you're talking about Annie's Q then don't get in range of it. If you're like an ADC/Squishy you probably shouldn't ever be in Annie's range to start with. If you're the tank then tank that stun for your team.

Annie's (mid) is that one champion when ahead will nuke you with one rotation of spells, and if behind is completely useless. Annie support is the one that will nuke you in lane (bot lane), and snowball their bot lane ahead or if you survive that initial all in, she is completely useless.

She's one of those feast or famine champion.

which league guide

i have 2

laning and you: why you're a fucking shitter and should uninstall or the ghost guide: 156 easy steps to ending your fucking career featuring dunkey

patchday

You can't dodge anyone's basic attack. Unless you're talking about Annie's Q then don't get in range of it. If you're like an ADC/Squishy you probably shouldn't ever be in Annie's range to start with. If you're the tank then tank that stun for your team.

Annie's (mid) is that one champion when ahead will nuke you with one rotation of spells, and if behind is completely useless. Annie support is the one that will nuke you in lane (bot lane), and snowball their bot lane ahead or if you survive that initial all in, she is completely useless.

She's one of those feast or famine champion.

Thanks! Yeah I was Vayne and it was first chance to farm mid lane. Was doing good til AnnieBot decided to make me suffer around L7.

Yeah it's essential. You move and deal damage at the same time, also known as kiting.

Thanks! I just looked up a guide after seeing yall talk bout it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I finally got good teammates in ranked, what is this feeling

My support built support items and insisted on him being the one to build locket (I was Vi). He warded well and swept their vision. My ADC knew what teamfighting was and darted around the other team while I peeled them away from her instead of jumping into 5 champions and going "team?". My mid and top laners (Rumble and Ahri), poked effectively while keeping the river and sides warded to prevent flanks. We completely took over their jungle and denied them any sort of vision. They even upgraded their trinkets and bought pinks.

sT2gzJJ.png
sT2gzJJ.png
sT2gzJJ.png
sT2gzJJ.png
sT2gzJJ.png
sT2gzJJ.png
sT2gzJJ.png
sT2gzJJ.png

faridmon

Bloody Hell!

We just lost a game last min because our Sivir, stupidly enough, decided to go all in himself, died in the process, me, as Rummus tried saving him but ended up dead as well, and that was happening while everyone else was coming back from base.

Why the fuck was Sivir thought it was a good idea to not wait for the others and take Thresh's bait is beyond me. Some of the dumb decisions some people make is just outstanding.

He probably reported me because I just exploded with anger. (No profanities, just blamed him for the loss in a very strong manner)

patchday

Yeah man if you're raging at strangers over LoL you probably should take a break. Now if there is money on the line (like in a pro tournament) then yeah. But a random? meh

Ok well that is the next thing I should learn to do before I start ranked.

I highly suggest watching pro play and pro player's stream before you jump into rank. I spent a good 3 months watching pro plays before I jumped into rank 2 year ago. I instantly got placed into silver 1.

Few months back I was smurfing on my friends account (and he played a good 1-2 year and was still bronze) the mistakes I see people make are stuff I considered really basic. I even look at stats of a lot of players I ran into and they have hundreds of not thousands of game and was still in bronze or low silver.

I played maybe 50 games max against humans before I jumped into rank and instantly was S1. Simple stuff like how to trade correctly, or wave manipulation like when to shove or freeze etc. Bad baron/dragon calls. Trading objectives, kiting, peeling if you're a tank, target prioritization.... etc.

Even if you have average mechanics, but understand simple concepts you should be able to get gold.

faridmon

Yeah man if you're raging at strangers over LoL you probably should take a break. Now if there is money on the line (like in a pro tournament) then yeah. But a random? meh

It came out of whim and frustration, I normally don't, but this was just a stupid mistake, after a long, hard fought battle where we had the edge (although the game was sort of equal and there was back and fourth battles going on) just one stupid dumb decision which just tipped me over.

But yeah, I may need a break...

I highly suggest watching pro play and pro player's stream before you jump into rank. I spent a good 3 months watching pro plays before I jumped into rank 2 year ago. I instantly got placed into silver 1.

I don't know, I have been watching pros play for almost a year and i am still Bronze, and I feel like I haven't learned much. The way pros play and your average gamer is vastly different. With all this lane swapping, Jungle movement, kiting and ganking, does not simply happen at lower level. I have actually learned more just watching my friend play at Gold, silver division, than pros.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
tiger devourer udyr is a terror.
we won, but that dude carried his team for 20-25 minutes longer than he should have.

Few months back I was smurfing on my friends account (and he played a good 1-2 year and was still bronze) the mistakes I see people make are stuff I considered really basic. I even look at stats of a lot of players I ran into and they have hundreds of not thousands of game and was still in bronze or low silver.

I played maybe 50 games max against humans before I jumped into rank and instantly was S1. Simple stuff like how to trade correctly, or wave manipulation like when to shove or freeze etc. Bad baron/dragon calls. Trading objectives, kiting, peeling if you're a tank, target prioritization.... etc.

Even if you have average mechanics, but understand simple concepts you should be able to get gold.
Oh yeah I watch a ton of stream and try to see what they do different. I think my normal solo mmr is up in the high gold, low silver. I don't want to rush ranked and get put in bronze then have to claw my way out.

Also is there a way to see your real normal mmr, I looked at lol nexus and check the rank of my team mates and enemy's.

Nekofrog

Banned
i have one penta, but i dont remember who it was on. you'd think it was yi with how much i played him last season, but nope.

owait it was sejuani lol

My first penta was on Katarina. The amount of mechanical skill and mental toughness needed to execute the attack caused everyone to send me friend requests after the game.

Nekofrog

Banned
My first penta was on Katarina. The amount of mechanical skill and mental toughness needed to execute the attack caused everyone to send me friend requests after the game.

"i'm sorry, i can't duo with you. the difficulty of the penta kill was too strenuous and i need sleep to recover".

Leezard

My first ranked penta was on Mordekaiser back in season 1. I managed to ult and kill the extremely fed enemy Tristana and then she killed her own team for me.

jerd

My only penta was on kog earlier this season actually.

I had one last season but it was my first time ever playing yi and it was on yi so i don't count that one

I also had someone flash snipe one from me on what i think is the only time I've ever played riven in solo q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom