• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

8FjKnnK.png

I'm convinced an S+ is literally impossible to attain in this game

Also dat twin shadows on Rumble

nbraun80

you guys should look up a guy named sheriff buford on your league client. Dude mains mundo, has 1800 games of him this season, bronze 1, and has more mastery points than annie bot has on annie. It's kind of impressive.

jerd

The problem with being a Marksman is that other lanes will constantly gank my lane during the early game while I’m weak, rather than wait for me to complete my full damage build. Having an entire player in lane for my safety is not enough, Rito should prevent top and mid lane roaming bot until late game.

ok that one is kind of funny

you guys should look up a guy named sheriff buford on your league client. Dude mains mundo, has 1800 games of him this season, bronze 1, and has more mastery points than annie bot has on annie. It's kind of impressive.

That he has that many games and is still bronze 1 or that he plays Mundo that much? I don't even know what I should be impress at.

ok that one is kind of funny

Riot adds new mode with "safe zones".... I can see it now!

nbraun80

That he has that many games and is still bronze 1 or that he plays Mundo that much? I don't even know what I should be impress at.

Riot adds new mode with "safe zones".... I can see it now!

haha both really, don't think I could play one champ for 1800 games let alone someone as boring as mundo. I would be so frustrated playing that many games in bronze and never getting out as well. Also i noticed he takes heal tp every game.

Pretty sure there's a bigger Mundo than that. Something like 3000 Mundo games a season or two ago.

There's some bronze kat with lots of games as well but she builds the random items like Hydra and Rageblade.

haha both really, don't think I could play one champ for 1800 games let alone someone as boring as mundo. I would be so frustrated playing that many games in bronze and never getting out as well. Also i noticed he takes heal tp every game.

Pretty sure there's a bigger Mundo than that. Something like 3000 Mundo games a season or two ago.

There's some bronze kat with lots of games as well but she builds the random items like Hydra and Rageblade.

Absolutely mind boggling. I have a few friends who don't give two shits about rank and only play normals, but for the people that put in over 1000+ rank games..... and still don't climb at all. I wonder what goes through their mind. What makes them play the way they do over and over and over, and not even attempt to learn. I get that some people don't give any shits, but if you don't they why are you even playing rank.

Recently one of the guy that I play premade with introduce his friend to league. This guy is obviously new unrank player new to level 30. You know he's not very good so when we play with him we kind of let him pick his role and the other 4 of us fill. He always goes like mid morgana with ghost/clarity. And mind you that us 4 are between the ranks of gold to diamond. We try to teach him, hey maybe you're better off with different summoners etc... dude refuse to listen. Just ghost/clarity no matter what. After a while we like fuck it let him do him... we know he's going to feed but so what we pick up the slack.

Anyways our premade group has like maybe 8-9 people total so at any time it's any combination of 5, but I think everyone like yea that guy... we don't know. Can't teach him no matter how hard we try and it's not even worth it anymore.

MaxiLive

I haven't been playing LoL all that much recently but the odd games I have played I do feel sorry for ADCs sometimes :p

Mainly it is the meta change now with burst jungles and assassins coming back in who are instantly blowing up ADCs and as your own team often has assassins they are trying to do the same to the opposition. I had a game last night as Naut support and had a great laning phase winning the lane and stopping 3-4 ganks we had against us with Kalista support.

But when it came to team fighting the full damage build Gragas and Reksai where pushing half way up the lane miles away from Kalista. I did my best to stop Talon instantly blowing her up but by the time he appeared she was dead :p Or even if I managed to stop him J4 would flash dunk her avoiding the Gragas/Rek Sai who would always come into the fight 15-30 seconds too late which meant Kalista was probably dead.

We still won after Gragas and Reksai finally got thornmail and I managed to CC Talon to death before be could get any damage off.

I wonder if ADCs could benefit from another defensive item to stop the burst? Like a massive shield for 2 seconds that decays or a bubble that stops you from autoing but stops damage for a few seconds. Probably really hard to balance as it would work pretty well for normal lower elo play but high elo/competitive it would probably be really OP as the ADCs would get the peel and the defensive options.

Ferga

I got S+ once.

10/0/17 reksai game

Most gold and damage in the game

Third highest cs behind my adc and mid

Quite ridiculous standards

jerd

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1887408172/202336775?tab=overview

Just played against a jungle vayne

She was terrifying once she got sated but we had plenty of cc to deal with her

She 2v1'd our olaf and maybe malphite at one point while barely taking any damage

Plus I think she forgot she was a jungler bc we got every single neutral objective completely uncontested

That second dude has found a new main, shiv riven

MaxiLive

I got S+ once.

10/0/17 reksai game

Most gold and damage in the game

Third highest cs behind my adc and mid

Quite ridiculous standards

I've had a fair few S+'s but I mainly play support so it is a lot easier :p I think wards and such count for a lot!

I had one last night using Naut Support and a final score 6/5/36 but 40 wards placed and tower assists etc.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1887408172/202336775?tab=overview

Just played against a jungle vayne

She was terrifying once she got sated but we had plenty of cc to deal with her

She 2v1'd our olaf and maybe malphite at one point while barely taking any damage

Plus I think she forgot she was a jungler bc we got every single neutral objective completely uncontested

That second dude has found a new main, shiv riven

I've heard that the new devourer on Vayne is pretty horrible to deal with.

jerd

Pretty much impossible to 1v1 unless you can burst her but she has no sustain so I just tried to keep her jungle warded and a lot of times could pretty much just walk in and force her to flash out or just kill her bc she was low. If she gets an early drag and can be sated by 15-16 minutes or something then yeah it'd probably be super rough but it really wasn't that bad

Tahm Kench
Tongue Lash (Q) damage increased to 80/125/170/215/260 from 80/115/150/185/220
Abyssal Voyage (R) cooldown lowered to 120/110/100 from 160/130/100
Abyssal Voyage (R) passive's bonus damage to basic attacks & damaging abilities increased to 4/6/8% of bonus health from 4/5/6% of bonus health.

Vladimir
Sanguine Pool (W) cooldown reverted to 26/23/20/17/14 from 26/23.5/21/18.5/16 seconds
Tides of Blood (E) health cost reverted to 30/40/50/60/70 from 40/50/60/70/80

I didn't realize Tahm's passive didn't stack on jungle camps so you can't stun them. That would help his early clear tremendously

Ambition

Riot Lyte's answer on why they are slow at implementing features.

http://ask.fm/RiotLyte/answer/130751977154

..started visiting studios whether it was some at EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Valve and Riot, and companies like Google, Facebook and Amazon. We can all agree that these are respectable companies..
lol
How long do you think it took Google to develop Gmail? How many projects lasted years at these companies and had to be canceled before you ever heard about them? How long did it take Facebook to re-design their Thumbs Up icon? Developers do what they do because they are passionate about building stuff.
How many amazing games will never be made because of the non-stop harassment and stress that gamers put on them? Developers are never going to be fast enough in some eyes because the outside person doesn't know how difficult it is to build industry-changing, high quality software that can scale to the global masses.
When we're working our butts off to make something we hope you will love, and we come home after a long day to read that we're slow and lazy, nothing hurts more, and that's the truth.

What a non-answer

Ferga

I didn't realize Tahm's passive didn't stack on jungle camps so you can't stun them. That would help his early clear tremendously

Yeah. It's a terrible kit for jungling at the moment, especially how Q can only hit one target.

Raptors is just hell to even attempt before you get rangers.

killatopak

Gold Member

garath

I'm pretty sure my last game was a S+, I didn't look though :( No way to tell after the fact huh.

I was 16/1/10 with 70% kill participation. Highest gold in the game by over 3k, highest damage on my team, 14 kill streak lol.

Maybe it was just an S because I forgot to buy a pink ward yet again. It's my nemesis.

Ferga

I'm watching the Najin vs CJ game and I noticed that Reksai's pool party skin makes her Q look like a blue tiamat passive.

I was so confused when I first tuned in

Tizoc

Won a ranked game as Seju, might try another match and see if I can win with her again, my recent losses have been exhausting on me.

Tizoc

Wow, I was watching QTPie playing Trista. Trista rocket jumps over a Cait trap, and the trap triggers even though she visually didn't step on it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wow, I was watching QTPie playing Trista. Trista rocket jumps over a Cait trap, and the trap triggers even though she visually didn't step on it.

There is no Z axis in league of legends. Reason you can flash over stuff is you go from point A->B. Trist jump doesn't function the same way.

And even if you get blown up, as long as you ulted properly your job is donezo so you want to do as much damage as possible making Void crucial

killatopak

Gold Member
Just went up against a Tahm. Wtf is up with that champion? He was more of a liability to his team rather than the cool new op champ he was hyped about.

Hmm thing with Rumble is that he can get blown up real fast without some defense, so I sometimes go for Abyssal over Void :/

Here's a tip get void...

Anyone remember the LW theory? There was graph that showed like silver players buy LW more than bronze by like 5 to 10%. And gold more than silver by a few %. And plat more than gold by a few %, then diamond over Plat, and then challenger over diamond.

LW and void items are really important after you have your core.

killatopak

Gold Member
Here's a tip get void...

Anyone remember the LW theory? There was graph that showed like silver players buy LW more than bronze by like 5 to 10%. And gold more than silver by a few %. And plat more than gold by a few %, then diamond over Plat, and then challenger over diamond.

LW and void items are really important after you have your core.

It's depends on the situation really. You don't want to buy LW or Void if the enemy team hasn't stacked MR/Armor yet. It's more efficient to just do flat damage in that instance. While if you see someone stacking MR or armor like Malph or Galio, you pretty much have to rush LW or Void so by the time they completed their resists you have also completed your pen items.
Yeah how ranking works?

I got some A and C with Sona

In my case, I pretty much spammed pink and stealth wards as well as upgraded my trinket. I make it a point that there are always 3 of my stealth wards and a pink on the map. I also tried to group with my team as much as possible in that game. Using that strategy I guarantee you an S- at least since I never went below S- on renekton at least.

Leezard

Yeah how ranking works?

I got some A and C with Sona

From what I gathered i matches your performance in game (kills, assists, cs, wards, more things we don't know about) to other people playing the same champ at your mmr. You thus get a grade depending on your performance to other people playing the same champ at your mmr.

jerd

So the trend of the day is if I don't 100% hard carry the game I'm not going to win. 7 games today and played well in all of them and had ~75% kill contribution in every game, went 3-4.

I think i'll call it a day. That shit is exhausting

Fracas

#fuckonami
So the trend of the day is if I don't 100% hard carry the game I'm not going to win. 7 games today and played well in all of them and had ~75% kill contribution in every game, went 3-4.

I think i'll call it a day. That shit is exhausting

All my ranked games feel like a complete toss up regardless of my or my team's performance

garath

All my ranked games feel like a complete toss up regardless of my or my team's performance

I'm going to agree here. Probably 50% of my ranked games are 45min-1 hour monster games where lategame comp and ability not to throw becomes the win condition. The games where I play really well are easier to win but not guaranteed by any stretch.

In a way though, I like that. Even games are more fun than stomps in either direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom