• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIOT GAMES

MOST POPULAR GAME IN THE WORLD

MOST PROFITS FROM A GAME IN THE WORLD

CAN'T HIRE A DECENT PROGRAMMER

THAT'S THE RIOT WAY ™

ov6khW1.jpg

Wow. I got carried in a ranked game! Woo. Actually just allowed myself to be carried. Everyone else was doing work so I focused on just farming and playing safe so not to throw anything. Group with the team, don't be a jerk ADC farming half a map away from your fed teammates, push down objectives. It was nice. I did my part and more importantly, didn't contribute to NOT winning. See that way too often.

ps, soraka is so unfun. Those heals on top of a warwick just make me feel like I'm hitting an ever growing hp pool.

For whatever reason when I play ashe/sivir the % of me getting carried is really high compared to other champions. I just farm farm farm and if I see someone out of position I press R we blow that person up and then 4v5 from there. I just end up with a shit ton of assist for an ADC but I really don't care for kills just give me my LP!

zkylon

zkylewd
sounds indeed like another bad case of spaghetti code

since it happens to pretty much everyone i would guess it's on how recall is coded rather than something to be fixed champion by champion, but still pretty funny bug

i guess they'll hotfix it, dunno how easy it is to reproduce

sounds indeed like another bad case of spaghetti code

since it happens to pretty much everyone i would guess it's on how recall is coded rather than something to be fixed champion by champion, but still pretty funny bug

i guess they'll hotfix it, dunno how easy it is to reproduce

"Hotfix"

They haven't even hotfixed Zed

it'll take them years zky, they'd have to completely recode how recall works(As I posted above, this bug has been in there for months, only now it's gaining popularity)

pretty sure redoing the entire recall code won't be necessary, i bet they can just ductape it for now

They probably can't

the recall bug is tied to recall

Before QSS/cleanse made it easy to instantly recall
So they patched the QSS/Cleanse aspect

so now their only options are either patching all the champions or recoding recall

this is the spaghetti code we're talking about. they'll probably break 10 things with the fix

clemenx

Banned
I know they've brought it on themselves with all the bugs in this patch but it annoys me a bit how the "spaghetti code" stuff is now being thrown at will as if everyone is some kind of expert at programming lol.

killatopak

Gold Member
I know they've brought it on themselves with all the bugs in this patch but it annoys me a bit how the "spaghetti code" stuff is now being thrown at will as if everyone is some kind of expert at programming lol.

I'm a programmer myself and I don't blame Riot for having a hard time fixing their code if it is indeed spaghetti code. What I don't like is that they didn't have to foresight to design their code to have scalability and be future proof especially back in 2010 when it should have been standard at the time.

patchday

Even I'm annoyed that Zed has been disabled all this time and I don't even play him. I'm aghast these devs are baffled by their own code to this extent.

zkylon

zkylewd
They probably can't

the recall bug is tied to recall

Before QSS/cleanse made it easy to instantly recall
So they patched the QSS/Cleanse aspect

so now their only options are either patching all the champions or recoding recall

this is the spaghetti code we're talking about. they'll probably break 10 things with the fix
they clearly have to redo it at one point but the immediate problem i'm pretty sure it can be solved with less reputable methods

they recently tweaked how the recall last second damage thing works which might be related to this somehow, so maybe it's just a matter of temporarily reverting that change.

in any case recalls doesn't sound like the most complicated system ever so i'm guessing redoing it from scratch is something riot has planned in the future

yeah, as an actual programmer it's pretty annoying

I'm a programmer myself and I don't blame Riot for having a hard time fixing their code if it is indeed spaghetti code. What I don't like is that they didn't have to foresight to design their code to have scalability and be future proof especially back in 2010 when it should have been standard at the time.
context would be that the riot that built the engine is very different from the current riot that runs the game

but sure, 100% their fault for having a dumb engine

Zkylewd is back!

4Z2pdaZ.jpg
whoa whats this sci fi magic tech you're using

What happens to LCS this week with the new bugs? I heard Jatt say in PTL games will be played on this patch.

lcs is cancelled

everyone got spaghetti in their pants

It'll be interesting to see how Riot will react, what they will say, and if their new fix will break anything else.

Fracas

#fuckonami
http://status.leagueoflegends.com/#na

"We're currently working to fix a bug with the Recall spell. Unfortunately, this particular issue can't be mitigated by disabling a specific champion or item so we've temporarily disabled Ranked while we develop a solution. We will update you all with our progress in 12 hours."

They can just patch the game without changing the balance for that

Hopefully they can get it fixed soon, EU LCS is in like 14 hours

patchday

just acquired Ekko and Yasuo. I know this silly and stupid but I'm tempted to turn off chat and hop straight into Summoner's Rift cause I just know there's gonna be some angry 'smurf' that's gonna freakout when he's carrying the team. Been practicing in Dominion first but that mode just helps out so much

(I'm not really gonna turn off chat tho it's just too fun to read the whines)

zkylon

zkylewd
just acquired Ekko and Yasuo. I know this silly and stupid but I'm tempted to turn off chat and hop straight into Summoner's Rift cause I just know there's gonna be some angry 'smurf' that's gonna freakout when he's carrying the team. Been practicing in Dominion first but that mode just helps out so much

(I'm not really gonna turn off chat tho it's just too fun to read the whines)

i don't get it

why wouldn't you play these champions on sr, best way to learn is by playing

would advice against playing them in ranked if you just bought them since it's kind of dickish against other players but like it's perfectly fine if you testdrive champions in normals

even in ranked it's pretty ok if you don't have too many games on those champions, tho for your own interest i think you might want to practice a bit since yasuo and ekko are both kind of difficult to play

patchday

Yeah I've been learning Ekko in Dominion since that mode is a bit more forgiving. In SR if I get behind and get snowballed I feel crazy useless later into the match. esp when its crazy long like 45 mins+. Think I'm bout rdy to try my first sr with Ekko tho

hey thanks for the advice tho I think you're right ofc

btw I'm only L11 Summoner. Long ways to go to ranked!!

zkylon

zkylewd
i can see dominion being good practice since they're shorter games so you get like abridged versions of being ahead or being behind in the game although there's no laning there afaik so it won't really translate 1:1 to sr

for regular games, yeah, if you're behind those kind of champions aren't so great, tho there's still stuff you can do. ekko has a lot of cc and waveclear and stuff that is still useful even if he doesn't go around one shotting people in teamfights. yasuo with the right items can still blow up people and if you get your statik shiv or your ie you might have a pretty nice window of power you can use

but at lvl 11 i'd kind of not worry about any of that and just play for fun, play whoever you like in whichever mode you like

patchday

Lol just finished Ekko's 1st sr. The team put me on mid by myself and never really came by to help gank. Guess I should've asked for some help on that front.

i can see dominion being good practice since they're shorter games so you get like abridged versions of being ahead or being behind in the game although there's no laning there afaik so it won't really translate 1:1 to sr

for regular games, yeah, if you're behind those kind of champions aren't so great, tho there's still stuff you can do. ekko has a lot of cc and waveclear and stuff that is still useful even if he doesn't go around one shotting people in teamfights. yasuo with the right items can still blow up people and if you get your statik shiv or your ie you might have a pretty nice window of power you can use

but at lvl 11 i'd kind of not worry about any of that and just play for fun, play whoever you like in whichever mode you like

Thanks zky will do!

Don't play Dominion~ It'll give you bad habits and because so many of the items are different, it'll throw you off if you hop back into Summoners Rift.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lol just finished Ekko's 1st sr. The team put me on mid by myself and never really came by to help gank. Guess I should've asked for some help on that front.

yeah mid is kind of rough like that, sometimes you'll feel like the enemy team is taking turns at ganking you and sometimes you get ganked by everyone at once. often you'll be running midlane against a ticking time bomb like vladimir and your jungler won't ever show up to take advantage until it's too late. just gotta get used to it

mid is always played 1v1 but you have to almost consider it a 1v2 because of how often you'll be getting ganked or pressured. fortunately most mids are pretty safe, they're either ranged or have tons of mobility or both. or u can be like syndra and just make junglers not want to gank u cos you instagib them lol

but generally just play safe, that's how midlane mostly works

edit: btw ekko and yasuo are usually played midlane, although ekko is pretty popular as a jungler and toplaner too. yasuos sometimes play toplane too but toplane yasuos always feed lol

patchday

Don't play Dominion~ It'll give you bad habits and because so many of the items are different, it'll throw you off if you hop back into Summoners Rift.

Sometimes I have a short amount of time to play so I hop into Dominion for a few matches. I love that mode so much...

yeah mid is kind of rough like that, sometimes you'll feel like the enemy team is taking turns at ganking you and sometimes you get ganked by everyone at once. often you'll be running midlane against a ticking time bomb like vladimir and your jungler won't ever show up to take advantage until it's too late. just gotta get used to it

mid is always played 1v1 but you have to almost consider it a 1v2 because of how often you'll be getting ganked or pressured. fortunately most mids are pretty safe, they're either ranged or have tons of mobility or both. or u can be like syndra and just make junglers not want to gank u cos you instagib them lol

but generally just play safe, that's how midlane mostly works

edit: btw ekko and yasuo are usually played midlane, although ekko is pretty popular as a jungler and toplaner too. yasuos sometimes play toplane too but toplane yasuos always feed lol

Ah! Yeah just played another sr and I got sent to mid with Ekko. did much better. We had a juggler that came by to help gank. That time I made sure to ask upfront

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Honestly Rito should just Steam Greenlight a replay client and use Steam Cloud Saves to handle the Replay load.
sleeping.gif

And even though League has more reported players isn't the total games played per month like 35M LoL, 30M Dota?

zkylon

zkylewd
Honestly Rito should just Steam Greenlight a replay client and use Steam Cloud Saves to handle the Replay load.
sleeping.gif

i bet if riot moved to using source 2 valve would just call it quits with doto and live off royalties

And even though League has more reported players isn't the total games played per month like 35M LoL, 30M Dota?

rito page says 67m players per month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom