• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, yay new puppy! Wish we could get one but my wife doesn't want to. She's allergic to cats as well. She thinks a fish would be a good pet. Fuck are we gonna do with a stupid fish?
Get a bird like a parrot or a cockatoo, it's the next best thing

I miss my parakeets so much

Jeff-DSA

What comeback?! You still haven't played in like 2 months. You need to play so I spectate the insanity. Also, we need to play together so I can experience it for myself.

Also, yay new puppy! Wish we could get one but my wife doesn't want to. She's allergic to cats as well. She thinks a fish would be a good pet. Fuck are we gonna do with a stupid fish?

Fish can almost be cool sometimes. Cheer up.

The comeback that starts this week. It's time.

I need to see the skins cos this looks awesome

Here
we
go

Dat new passive doe
No double Qs huh
Thank goodness they changed her W, ish was irritating
Her new E is...interesting
Her new ult is bonkers wtf...

Not liking that new Splash art though

All in all a great rework
Yeah I like what this did with her w, she seem like she is going to be really strong after the update.
Also I didn't think they would rework her, I thought her kit wasn't that bad, not like singed or others.

drawkcaB

It isn't that her kit was bad, in the sense that it was weak/difficult to balance, which is generally the criteria for an update, but rather that it didn't fulfill the duelist fantasy.

New passive looks fantastic. The added utility makes her very, very appealing to me. Gonna have to try her out for sure.

I keep getting a gut feeling that we'll be seeing a shadow isles champion rework when the time comes.

TomShoe

Banned
Fiora players are almost as bad as Riven players. If they don't snowball, they flame and drag the whole team down.

I hope she doesn't scale well at all, she's about to become 10x more annoying in lane.

Edwardo

can someone post the kit? im at work..

Passive: Duelist’s Dance
Fiora identifies the weak spots - or vitals - in the defenses of all enemy champions she comes close to. If she manages to attack her enemy’s weak spot, Fiora deals extra true damage for that attack while gaining a small heal and short boost of speed. Fiora reveals a new weak spot whenever she attacks one, or when a moderate period of time passes without it being attacked.

Q: Lunge
Fiora lunges in a target direction before striking a nearby enemy, dealing damage and applying on-hit effects. Lunge prioritizes enemy champions, and tries to hit enemy weak spots. Finally, some of Lunge’s cooldown is refreshed when the ability strikes an enemy.

W: Riposte
Fiora enters a defensive stance, parrying all damage and hard crowd control abilities for a fraction of a second. After she’s done parrying, Fiora attacks in a target direction, damaging and briefly slowing the first enemy champion she strikes. If she parries any hard crowd control abilities, Riposte stuns instead of slows.

E: Bladework
Fiora gains increased attack speed on her next two basic attacks. The first cannot crit but slows her target, while the second is guaranteed to crit.

R: Grand Challenge
Fiora targets an enemy champion, gaining speed and full knowledge of their vitals. Each time she destroys a weak spot, she deals percent max health true damage. If she’s able to destroy all four weak spots, or if she destroys at least one before her target dies, Fiora creates a large and long-lasting zone under her enemy that heals Fiora and her allied champions.

Ambition

can someone post the kit? im at work..

Passive: Duelist’s Dance

Fiora identifies the weak spots - or vitals - in the defenses of all enemy champions she comes close to. If she manages to attack her enemy’s weak spot, Fiora deals extra true damage for that attack while gaining a small heal and short boost of speed. Fiora reveals a new weak spot whenever she attacks one, or when a moderate period of time passes without it being attacked.

____

Q: Lunge

Fiora lunges in a target direction before striking a nearby enemy, dealing damage and applying on-hit effects. Lunge prioritizes enemy champions, and tries to hit enemy weak spots. Finally, some of Lunge’s cooldown is refreshed when the ability strikes an enemy.

____

W: Riposte

Fiora enters a defensive stance, parrying all damage and hard crowd control abilities for a fraction of a second. After she’s done parrying, Fiora attacks in a target direction, damaging and briefly slowing the first enemy champion she strikes. If she parries any hard crowd control abilities, Riposte stuns instead of slows.

____

E: Bladework

Fiora gains increased attack speed on her next two basic attacks. The first cannot crit but slows her target, while the second is guaranteed to crit.

____

R: Grand Challenge

Fiora targets an enemy champion, gaining speed and full knowledge of their vitals. Each time she destroys a weak spot, she deals percent max health true damage. If she’s able to destroy all four weak spots, or if she destroys at least one before her target dies, Fiora creates a large and long-lasting zone under her enemy that heals Fiora and her allied champions.

Edit: Late ;_;

Tizoc

Fiora players are almost as bad as Riven players. If they don't snowball, they flame and drag the whole team down.

I hope she doesn't scale well at all, she's about to become 10x more annoying in lane.

I've never blamed my team if I got behind as fiora....

Say does Garen's Silence count as hard CC? would that mean his Q will stun him if she parries?

TomShoe

Banned
I've never blamed my team if I got behind as fiora....

Say does Garen's Silence count as hard CC? would that mean his Q will stun him if she parries?

I believe Silence is a Soft CC, since it only partially hinders a champion. Anything that fully removes control of a champ (Knock-ups or Stuns) is hard CC.

Her new passive sucks. I mean, her old one sucked too, but so does her new one. In order to make the most of it you have to get into a stupid position, and if this 'weak spot' is visible to the enemy than lol that. You have to get out of position in order to make the most of it, horrible.

jerd

Holy shit she looks amazing

Her new passive sucks. I mean, her old one sucked too, but so does her new one. In order to make the most of it you have to get into a stupid position, and if this 'weak spot' is visible to the enemy than lol that. You have to get out of position in order to make the most of it, horrible.

Yeah I'm willing to bet it is about 100x better than her old one lol

Especially considering her Q targets weak spots

And yeah it's gonna be visible to the enemy because counterplay. Even if the entire point of it is "weak spot is on their front go in" it will still be better than invisible hp5 stacking even just from an interactivity stand point

Plus new riposte is like the fire emblem people's down + B in smash so that's awesome. It's gonna be so satisfying to land on stuns

jerd

It's just 4 sides of them and it kinda puts a little indicator on which side of them is their weak spot

just like a moving shaco passive basically

Holy shit she looks amazing

Yeah I'm willing to bet it is about 100x better than her old one lol

Especially considering her Q targets weak spots

And yeah it's gonna be visible to the enemy because counterplay. Even if the entire point of it is "weak spot is on their front go in" it will still be better than invisible hp5 stacking even just from an interactivity stand point

Plus new riposte is like the fire emblem people's down + B in smash so that's awesome

Even teemos fart was better than her old passive.

Fiora isn't going to do good after her new update. It's gimmicks upon gimmicks that really don't fit her, she'll die too quickly to do anything useful with it. Also what the fuck is it with Riot and 'Attack speed for next X attacks' now. That's a shitty thing to have for an ability. And her ultimate, while nice in theory, again it'll only work effectively on an enemy who is standing still and isn't surrounded by her teammates.

Her old ultimate is loads better. So is her old E. Her new W might block CC, but it barely lasts anything. Her old lunge is also better because you could use it twice.

She just needed a new passive. Instead they go and ruin another one.

wait so you click on like bodyparts?

that soudsn crazy

You have to hit in that direction, not click body parts. It's like if every champion is a square, you have to attack from the top of the champion, bot of the champion, etc. So alot of moving around. Which will get Fiora killed.

0 games on new kit

already declaring it's shit and that riot sucks

standard breezy post will ignore

This is how many good players are able to pick up a new champion and automatically know how to play them sans their nuances. It's not hard to decipher how a kit will perform when they tell you how it'll work.

jerd

I really want to save this post for when you get shit on by a fiora and bitch about riot releasing another broken champ for a money grab but that's way too much effort

Even teemos fart was better than her old passive.

Fiora isn't going to do good after her new update. It's gimmicks upon gimmicks that really don't fit her, she'll die too quickly to do anything useful with it. Also what the fuck is it with Riot and 'Attack speed for next X attacks' now. That's a shitty thing to have for an ability. And her ultimate, while nice in theory, again it'll only work effectively on an enemy who is standing still and isn't surrounded by her teammates.

Her old ultimate is loads better. So is her old E. Her new W might block CC, but it barely lasts anything. Her old lunge is also better because you could use it twice.

She just needed a new passive. Instead they go and ruin another one.
?????

Well yeah, her ultimate was stronger but it was unhealthy as fuck, it's the main reason she could never be truly good. Her old E was terrible until maxed specially because the AS buff only lasted half the duration, now she gets an auto reset with an instant slow and crit while her MS is on her passive. Her old lunge could be used twice but 90% of the time you'd use both lunges at the same time for burst, now she gets an escape and a way to trade consistently with a single ability by using lunge on her passive.

Nekofrog

Banned
This is how many good players are able to pick up a new champion and automatically know how to play them sans their nuances. It's not hard to decipher how a kit will perform when they tell you how it'll work.

i don't care how good a player you are, if you don't play the kit you don't know shit about it.

ffs, doublelift has been wrong about ad kits time and time again

Guys

Where are my Lucian buffs

Anyone

screw you, the year of lucian is over. i never want to see him viable again. 2 full splits of lucian. never again.

jerd

That heal seems kind of out of place though

League doesn't really have a big healing pad ability like other mobas do but it's kinda weird on fiora. They should have made it raka's ult

Yo breezy what'd you think of Gnar and Yasuo on release?

?????

Well yeah, her ultimate was stronger but it was unhealthy as fuck, it's the main reason she could never be truly good. Her old E was terrible until maxed specially because the AS buff only lasted half the duration, now she gets an auto reset with an instant slow and crit while her MS is on her passive. Her old lunge could be used twice but 90% of the time you'd use both lunges at the same time for burst, now she gets an escape and a way to trade consistently with a single ability by using lunge on her passive.

Yeah, before she was really bursty WITH some sustained damage if she got resets off-Now she has none of the burst unless you managed to hit the marked areas consistently, but in that same time she's also squishy enough that she'll die pretty fast. So let's say you ignore the marks and just go for auto attacks like Yi, then she's just another auto attacker without a useful kit that magnifies it(Like Yi.) So let's say you build her tanky in order to be able to land those hits-Then the mark damage isn't good enough in order to justify that tankiness and she's a waste slot.

i don't care how good a player you are, if you don't play the kit you don't know shit about it.

ffs, doublelift has been wrong about ad kits time and time again

It's not hard to see a kit that doesn't really fit the archetype(Squishy assassin, having to move around an opponent in order to maximize damage, and ultimate that depends on this), now imagine in a teamfight where everyones moving around and your target(Can her passive even target multiple champions at once?) is moving around constantly or is in the back line- I can say without a doubt that her kit will be below average for teamfights. Maybe average for laning. Again, the nuances, but overall it's a weaker kit than before.

Blizzard

Banned
It's not hard to see a kit that doesn't really fit the archetype(Squishy assassin, having to move around an opponent in order to maximize damage, and ultimate that depends on this), now imagine in a teamfight where everyones moving around and your target(Can her passive even target multiple champions at once?) is moving around constantly or is in the back line- I can say without a doubt that her kit will be below average for teamfights. Maybe average for laning. Again, the nuances, but overall it's a weaker kit than before.
Her archetype isn't an assassin, it's a fencer. Doesn't the update page explicitly talk about this and how Riot was trying to change her moves to better fit a fencer? Previously her ultimate was pressing a button and doing unblockable damage. Now it involves moving around like a fencer, and the parries are even better, again fitting for a fencer.

I don't know whether she will end up decent, but at the least it seems reasonable for fencers. Fencers are known for duels, not trios or quads or whatever the term is, aren't they?

drawkcaB

wait so you click on like bodyparts?

that soudsn crazy

Not quite.

Imagine there's a quarter circle ring around her opponent that appears at random locations on an interval. Sometimes the quarter circle is in front, sometimes behind, to the sides, etc. If Fiora is facing the quarter circle when she AAs, she deals the bonus true damage and gains the heal and speed boost. If she procs that effect, another quarter circle appears immediately and again the position is random, so Fiora is forced to move around her opponent to constantly hit the "weak spot".

Now, the facing of the quarter circle is seen by both champions, so the target can use that information against Fiora. Let's assume the "weak spot" is in front of the champion. Normally Fiora wouldn't engage but the lure of the bonus makes this a worthwhile trade and she gains a speed boost to disengage if she hits, so she Lunges in. If the target is fast enough, he can turn 180 and because lunge now hits his back it won't proc the true damage because the "weak spot" is still in front of the champion.

It's essentially a little minigame between the two players. Fiora wants to AA while facing the weak spot, the target tries to maneuver to deny her.

she sounds awesome, lots more castery lots less autoattacky

Should be opposite, really. If anything she's even more reliant on AAs between her new passive and how her ult works.

Good god l love that new ultimate. I really need to try her out, looks absolutely fantastic.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Her new kit sounds super rad, but depending on her base damages proccing her passive seems like a lot of work for a squishy champion.

jerd

Yeah, before she was really bursty WITH some sustained damage if she got resets off-Now she has none of the burst unless you managed to hit the marked areas consistently, but in that same time she's also squishy enough that she'll die pretty fast. So let's say you ignore the marks and just go for auto attacks like Yi, then she's just another auto attacker without a useful kit that magnifies it(Like Yi.) So let's say you build her tanky in order to be able to land those hits-Then the mark damage isn't good enough in order to justify that tankiness and she's a waste slot.

So confident without seeing a single number attached to her kit

Breezy ilu like no one loves you but cmon man

Also

some of Lunge’s cooldown is refreshed when the ability strikes an enemy.

I imagine lunge will be up pretty often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom