• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
It's not hard to see a kit that doesn't really fit the archetype(Squishy assassin, having to move around an opponent in order to maximize damage, and ultimate that depends on this), now imagine in a teamfight where everyones moving around and your target(Can her passive even target multiple champions at once?) is moving around constantly or is in the back line- I can say without a doubt that her kit will be below average for teamfights. Maybe average for laning. Again, the nuances, but overall it's a weaker kit than before.

riot specifically said they don't want her to be an assassin. she's a duelist. she looks like she was built for split pushing and applying tremendous pressure in a solo lane. her kit looks fine for that.

not every champion has to be built to teamfight, there is more than one way to win the game.

your posts are becoming less and less amusing when they're biased by a negative view of riot right out of the gates

i can no longer sanction your buffoonery.

Her archetype isn't an assassin, it's a fencer. Doesn't the update page explicitly talk about this and how Riot was trying to change her moves to better fit a fencer? Previously her ultimate was pressing a button and doing unblockable damage. Now it involves moving around like a fencer, and the parries are even better, again fitting for a fencer.

I don't know whether she will end up decent, but at the least it seems reasonable for fencers. Fencers are known for duels, not trios or quads or whatever the term is, aren't they?

Uhm..Fencer isn't a role in League. I'm strictly talking about Role archetype, IE bruiser/assassin/ADC etc. Every champion fits a role archetype.

riot specifically said they don't want her to be an assassin. she's a duelist. she looks like she was built for split pushing and applying tremendous pressure in a solo lane. her kit looks fine for that.

not every champion has to be built to teamfight, there is more than one way to win the game.

your posts are becoming less and less amusing when they're biased by a negative view of riot right out of the gates

i can no longer sanction your buffoonery.

Funny, Riot doesn't see her as a split pusher-
Changes were needed, so we added in non-damaging tools to help Fiora and her team, then balanced that out by reducing some of the undodgeable killing power in her kit. She’s still all about outplaying her opponents, but now has the tools she needs to play from behind or help her team out in ways that don’t involve straight up slaughter. Voila, or whatever. Here’s her new kit:

They see her as a uhm....a character that outplays an opponent while helping out her team. I mean, if they think outplaying is click from the right or left side, that's ok for them to think that. I guess? That's not exactly outplaying.

Whether she's better or not she looks 1000x more fun and that's what matters.

Plus if she's bad they can actually buff her now because she no longer have a press to kill squishy button.
Uhm..Fencer isn't a role in League. I'm strictly talking about Role archetype, IE bruiser/assassin/ADC etc. Every champion fits a role archetype.
She's a melee carry / split pusher duelist now, not an assassin.

Tizoc

wait so you click on like bodyparts?

that soudsn crazy

That's one way to learn kiting/attack and move in LoL :V

I believe Silence is a Soft CC, since it only partially hinders a champion. Anything that fully removes control of a champ (Knock-ups or Stuns) is hard CC.

Thanks for clearing it up, gonna be funny to counter a blitz punch with her counter now.

That heal seems kind of out of place though

League doesn't really have a big healing pad ability like other mobas do but it's kinda weird on fiora. They should have made it raka's ult

Yo breezy what'd you think of Gnar and Yasuo on release?

You must've had some nightmarish games against Janna if you blocked her from your mind :p

jerd

That's one way to learn kiting/attack and move in LoL :V

Thanks for clearing it up, gonna be funny to counter a blitz punch with her counter now.

You must've had some nightmarish games against Janna if you blocked her from your mind :p

Yeah that's similar I guess but I was thinking more like old maokai ult but with a heal instead of damage reduction. There's a support in hots with an ult like that and its pretty nifty to fight on top of

But ur right any ult like that would have to be significantly weaker than janna's probably since janna has to channel for hers

also idk if anyone noticed yet but riposte blocks all forms of damage which means that if you get hit by a nuke you can literally just press w and walk away.

bkb eat your heart out.

Leezard

Her archetype isn't an assassin, it's a fencer. Doesn't the update page explicitly talk about this and how Riot was trying to change her moves to better fit a fencer? Previously her ultimate was pressing a button and doing unblockable damage. Now it involves moving around like a fencer, and the parries are even better, again fitting for a fencer.

I don't know whether she will end up decent, but at the least it seems reasonable for fencers. Fencers are known for duels, not trios or quads or whatever the term is, aren't they?
Just from a fencing perspective, her new W is a more faithful parry/riposte and the passive is more fitting. The rest of the skills are kinda the same as before in faithfulness.

She's a melee carry / split pusher duelist now, not an assassin.

It's funny I'm accused of making things up about her since I haven't played her, but here are people saying that she's a split pusher when it's not even mentioned in the update that she's good at splitpushing

kettle pot etc.

Yo breezy what'd you think of Gnar and Yasuo on release?

Gnar and Yasuo before they were released, I thought 'Boy they have some strong kits.' Simply because of Yasuos skillset provided him high mobility and damage output as well as his wall of wonders. And then having a pretty good AoE knock up...Gnar has a kinda overloaded kit that would make him very good for tanking/top lane. Before Azir came out, I surmised that he wouldn't be a strong pick with players who knew how to actually use him. Ekko...well Ekko is stronk.

When I see a new champions kit, it's easy to surmise where they'll end up in tiers. It's not that hard.

TomShoe

Banned
screw you, the year of lucian is over. i never want to see him viable again. 2 full splits of lucian. never again.

Enjoy anti-fun shit like Caitlyn, Sivir, Jinx, Tristana, and

QUINN literally the most unimpressive champ in League

Breezy ilu like no one loves you but cmon man

I like him. He shares a lot of my opinions about Riot being a shit company that prioritizes fast cash over getting its act together.
So basically every game company

Also

I imagine lunge will be up pretty often

3S7zt1G.gif

It's funny I'm accused of making things up about her since I haven't played her, but here are people saying that she's a split pusher when it's not even mentioned in the update that she's good at splitpushing

kettle pot etc.
With the update, Fiora’s trading raw damage for extra survivability and utility, making her more of a skirmishing duelist and less of an assassin
What do you think a mobile skirmishing duelist is going to do. Group and press ult?

Tizoc

So for new Fiora, would rushing Inf. Edge be a good idea?

kettle pot etc.

You're gonna build her AD anyways, so she'll still split push just as before.

Riot already said they were looking into Lucian

Which is sad because if teams still insist on using him while he's supposed to be bad it'll be Lucian every fucking competitive game again once he gets buffed.

What do you think a mobile skirmishing duelist is going to do. Group and press ult?

No, wander around and pick off targets. In low elo she'll probably be very good, because people aren't good enough to ward or group consistently in low elos. In high level, after the laning phase, she'll be pretty bad. No teamfight presence and her whole 'skirmishing duelist' is kinda null cause if someone gets picked off, it's their fault.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So for new Fiora, would rushing Inf. Edge be a good idea?

You're gonna build her AD anyways, so she'll still split push just as before.

I'm completely guessing here, but with her passive now tied to auto attacks (and the ult giving % health true dmg), I'd guess bork is going to be a pretty strong item on her

Nekofrog

Banned

Funny, Riot doesn't see her as a split pusher-

They see her as a uhm....a character that outplays an opponent while helping out her team. I mean, if they think outplaying is click from the right or left side, that's ok for them to think that. I guess? That's not exactly outplaying.

Her new kit has all the elements a split pusher could want sans built in hard cc (note she can just parry the hard cc back)

A sheen item to apply bonus damage off her e (assuming the ensuing auto procs it), the ability to play and actually duel 1v1 thus giving a team to devote more than one resource to stop her, etc.

It's not dissimilar to irelia or jax in that split pushing and pressuring is something she will probably do well just inherently due to the nature of her abilities.

Now you can also make the point that those two are also decent team fighters but you might be able to say the same for fiora, we have to give the new kit time to breathe before we judge that

fuck lucian. hes like the roy of league.
Roy is cool

Lucian is Falco.
Are there some tahm buffs in the pipeline yet?
Tahm buffs on the patch tomorrow
Holy shit for real though this bilgewater patch is gonna be amazing. I just now watched the login screens that they posted yesterday and they're amazing

Miss fortune

Graves vs. TF

Gangplank

In case anyone else missed them
I wish that was MF's new default look

zkylon

zkylewd
Not quite.

Imagine there's a quarter circle ring around her opponent that appears at random locations on an interval. Sometimes the quarter circle is in front, sometimes behind, to the sides, etc. If Fiora is facing the quarter circle when she AAs, she deals the bonus true damage and gains the heal and speed boost. If she procs that effect, another quarter circle appears immediately and again the position is random, so Fiora is forced to move around her opponent to constantly hit the "weak spot".

Now, the facing of the quarter circle is seen by both champions, so the target can use that information against Fiora. Let's assume the "weak spot" is in front of the champion. Normally Fiora wouldn't engage but the lure of the bonus makes this a worthwhile trade and she gains a speed boost to disengage if she hits, so she Lunges in. If the target is fast enough, he can turn 180 and because lunge now hits his back it won't proc the true damage because the "weak spot" is still in front of the champion.

It's essentially a little minigame between the two players. Fiora wants to AA while facing the weak spot, the target tries to maneuver to deny her.

i sort of follow

i like that idea, i think minigames that revolve aroudn trying to predict what the other persons gonna do (playing around ori ball or yasuo wall or like leblanc cloen or whatever) are awesome

i love her outfit btw, so slick

TomShoe

Banned
I don't get the Lucian hate. His kit is flashy and has a lot of "outplay potential." Admit it, he's in an awful spot right now. If that losing streak doesn't get him buffed. I don't know what will. We can start by putting the AD ratio back on his W (or at least lowering the mana cost), putting back the slow removal on his E, Upping the duration of his passive to 4 seconds, and buffing his range to 525.

perfect

Her new kit has all the elements a split pusher could want sans built in hard cc (note she can just parry the hard cc back)

A sheen item to apply bonus damage off her e (assuming the ensuing auto procs it), the ability to play and actually duel 1v1 thus giving a team to devote more than one resource to stop her, etc.

It's not dissimilar to irelia or jax in that split pushing and pressuring is something she will probably do well just inherently due to the nature of her abilities.

Now you can also make the point that those two are also decent team fighters but you might be able to say the same for fiora, we have to give the new kit time to breathe before we judge that

Part of her kit revolves around her moving around a champion in order to maximize it. Aside from her Q, the counter to it is to move away from her. Yes she gets a little speed up, but when was the last time you let a squishy go stop a push and not someone with CC.

Sure you can let her split push, but when was the last time you had someone say in lobby 'I'm going to split push all game.' People are going to be angry, because teamfights are much more important than split pushing. And there are better champions that can split push, IE Gnar or Shen if you really wanna go that route, and those champions actually perform good in teamfights because of their heavy CC.

Fiora is basically Riven 2.0

Is Riven useless after laning is over because she has to split push and pick off targets?

See, I don't even like Riven because she's either feast or famine, but you're just insulting Riven by comparing her to Fiora.

Tizoc

I'm completely guessing here, but with her passive now tied to auto attacks (and the ult giving % health true dmg), I'd guess bork is going to be a pretty strong item on her

Depends on the cooldown of her E on the one hand, but i see what you mean.

Speaking of which doesn't her dealing true damage be reminiscent of Irelia's passive? Their Qs function similar, they both can deal true damage, they both have ability that'll either slow or stun, I think Rito are planning on reworking Irelia/giving Irelia a new kit...

Nekofrog

Banned
I fucking hate Lucian irrationally because at one point for an abnormally long time it was all Lucian everywhere. It was old and boring but not so strong that you'd ban it.

Part of her kit revolves around her moving around a champion in order to maximize it. Aside from her Q, the counter to it is to move away from her. Yes she gets a little speed up, but when was the last time you let a squishy go stop a push and not someone with CC.

Sure you can let her split push, but when was the last time you had someone say in lobby 'I'm going to split push all game.' People are going to be angry, because teamfights are much more important than split pushing. And there are better champions that can split push, IE Gnar or Shen if you really wanna go that route, and those champions actually perform good in teamfights because of their heavy CC.
This is entirely dependant on team comps

uhh no.

jerd

Yup, and you never build a team comp around split pushing. Again, I don't know what low elo shenanigans someone like Ghost might get into, but in high elo it's suicide to do so.

Holy shit every time I get ready to close my browser you guys just drag me right back in

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fiotas ult and passive are interesting, but i don't forsee a lot of 'stand still and let me walk around you' situations occuring.

the procs would have to do a lot of damage to justify the loss in DPS due to all that repositioning. who will ever willingly sit in a duelists ult while she walks around proccing percent max HP and true damage on you? she should have a taunt instead.

Nekofrog

Banned

See, I don't even like Riven because she's either feast or famine, but you're just insulting Riven by comparing her to Fiora.

Team comp reliant. More than one way to win a game. Sometimes it's worth trading two deaths in a skirmish on one side of the map for two towers because the enemy shen decided to ult bot.

Team fights are very important in this game but they are not the end all be all. I've won a lot of games because I've been such a monstrous split pusher that the enemy team literally had to send at least 3 people to stop me because if they only sent 2 I'd kill both of them before going down or best case scenario still make it out to recall. Pressure in a side lane like that is huge because of the decision in resource allotment that it puts on the enemy is tremendous.

How do you not look at this discussion and feel dumb for pre judging without even seeing it in one game in the wild yet

Team comp reliant. More than one way to win a game. Sometimes it's worth trading two deaths in a skirmish on one side of the map for two towers because the enemy shen decided to ult bot.

Team fights are very important in this game but they are not the end all be all. I've won a lot of games because I've been such a monstrous split pusher that the enemy team literally had to send at least 3 people to stop me because if they only sent 2 I'd kill both of them before going down or best case scenario still make it out to recall. Pressure in a side lane like that is huge because of the decision in resource allotment that it puts on the enemy is tremendous.

How do you not look at this discussion and feel dumb for pre judging without even seeing it in one game in the wild yet

If you want a split pusher, Fiora probably wouldn't be your first choice I'm guessing. I get that you're trying to say it's a bonus that she can split push good, but so can Teemo. Arguing from that side, IE "She's a good split pusher and 1v1er now though!" is well...grasping at roles a character can perform in game.

Dude you're plat

Get off your high horse.

Once upon a time was D2, and then I stopped playing. now a days I don't dedicate alot of time Ranking, but if I did I could hit D2 again. Doesn't take away any knowledge from how to play the game though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Plat is just a darker shade of silver bros.

I haven't played in weeks and I bet I still have more knowledge about the game in the back of my fist
rofl please.

You barely understand how league of legends works. i guess since ur favorite moba is a game where things like gold or xp dont matter ur view of things like deficits are completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom