• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomShoe

Banned
I wonder if nerfing Azir more will make him less competitively viable. Even though he's been nerfed a whole lot since release, he's still been absolutely dominant in the LCS for a long time now. I keep seeing a lot of Ori, Azir, TF, and Ez nowadays.

You know what it's not worth the discussion

You have such a hate boner for riot that you'll find any excuse to hate

I like the Gangplank remake, actually. And I haven't even mentioned Riot today(Except for their fascination with next X attacks have increases speed). It's all been about that Fiora.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I wonder if nerfing Azir more will make him less competitively viable. Even though he's been nerfed a whole lot since release, he's still been absolutely dominant in the LCS for a long time now. I keep seeing a lot of Ori, Azir, TF, and Ez nowadays.

Unless they nerf his ult in someway nothing will change. The utility in teamfights and outplay potential is too huge to give up. That and his inherent safe, poking gameplay makes him very strong right now.

Only way I could see being weaker in competitive is if they did some extreme stuff like gutting his damage or removing W cast on towers.

Hell the new "nerfs" are basically buffs because Azir will now get his attack speed passive for free at level 1 while losing some at his 1 item power spike until he's level 8

drawkcaB

fiotas ult and passive are interesting, but i don't forsee a lot of 'stand still and let me walk around you' situations occuring.

the procs would have to do a lot of damage to justify the loss in DPS due to all that repositioning. who will ever willingly sit in a duelists ult while she walks around proccing percent max HP and true damage on you? she should have a taunt instead.

On a 1v1 duel? I don't see many Fioras getting to smack weak spot and weak spot, but in chaos of a teamfight, yeah sure, probably quite a bit.

I just love the ult as a counter engage tool. Take a situation where she casts her ult on the engaging enemy tank. The healing area triggers when either when she gets all 4 weak spots (not particularly likely since it'll but her in a bad position) or when the tank dies. Between her own %health true damage and the ADC wailing on the tank it shouldn't take too long. So shortly after the fight breaks out, and just when the team's damage dealers butt heads directly, BAM, massive healing field. Just love it.

Also, Fiora won't inherently be a good splitpusher.

jerd

Fizz_Splash_8.jpg

God help us all

Only read one line so far.. HUD update! Whoa.

Finally @_@ No more having buffs on the left side of the screen whilst being tiny. Long live Runeglaive, the Runeglaive is dead, long live the Devourer.

Guess pirate announcer. I hope there's a way we can keep him permanently. Huh, Dragon/Baron are made known to everyone despite vision. It's almost like they want to make objectives and teamfights revolving around these more of a priority. It's almost as what I said regarding Fiora and teamfights is....truthful.

INSTANT FEEDBACK Dragon and Baron timers are updated instantly for both teams, regardless if you have vision of the objective at the time of its death
NEWGRRAAAAAAHHHWARRRBLE Dragon and Baron now have new global death sounds

garath

Eve late game nerfs ew. I liked my little inviso jungler. Coupled with the runeglaive nerfs I'm worried about her.

Elise buffs.. which will do almost nothing.

Ryze nerfs.. which will do almost nothing.

Runeglaive nerfs.. which hurt the mage junglers that want the item the most. Bring back magus?

all in all, a pretty typical patch.

Leezard

Yeah this is pretty big for Baron

For Drag it's whatever, you already had the timer thanks to the stupid whoosh effect and the scoreboard

You always had Baron buff timer if you looked at the buff duration, unless the enemy hid with the Baron buff for 3 minutes. Most players didn't bother to time it, but it is easy once you see a single enemy champ with the Baron buff.

Leezard

OP.GG always has such neat logos.

amk3Ksp.png

Indeed. I'm sad the Nami one had a weird face, but the logos are usually great.

cVHNuXn.png

Hngngnngnnngngn

Yeah, using her ult on the enemy frontline tank might be a great course of action for Fiora in teamfights. %Max Health true damage + the heal afterwards has potential. It might be one good thing for Fiora to do in teamfights rather than only being a splitpusher, at least.

killatopak

Gold Member
Hmmm.

To buy fiora or not to buy.

I don't know if the splash update is good or bad. I think I like her old one more. I hope it grows on me.

No, they just gave her a face. She does not look like a supermodel now. I do not have any problem with that.

There are normal looking faces and then there's having a weird tumblr nose thing going on and oversized lips that look like they're going to eclipse her cheeks.

The art is...meh at best.

Not to mention the overuse of make up.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like the art, pronounced cheekbones and fat lips and all that

she looks cool

plus she has like pink hair thing

she-s cool

u guys are dumb

drawkcaB

Yeah, using her ult on the enemy frontline tank might be a great course of action for Fiora in teamfights. %Max Health true damage + the heal afterwards has potential. It might be one good thing for Fiora to do in teamfights rather than only being a splitpusher, at least.

I just don't see her as a split pusher anymore. She doesn't have any of the necessary traits.

She's lost her more orthodox attack speed steroid and her free bonus AD, so I'd expect her damage vs. towers is down. She's also lost lots of her damage potential which often required two champions to deal with (that was her principal split pushing trait). She hasn't gained either of the other traits that make for a good split pusher, slipperiness (e.g. Udyr, Tryndamere) or map presence (Shen, Twisted Fate, etc.)

She's much more of a teamfighter now, which is fine by me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They turned Fiora into a renaissance Disney villainness.

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most anti-fun champ of them all?"

The ultimate, rose motif aside, is a travesty.

Leezard

I just don't see her as a split pusher anymore. She doesn't have any of the necessary traits.

She's lost her more orthodox attack speed steroid and her free bonus AD, so I'd expect her damage vs. towers is down. She's also lost lots of her damage potential which often required two champions to deal with (that was her principal split pushing trait). She hasn't gained either of the other traits that make for a good split pusher, slipperiness (e.g. Udyr, Tryndamere) or map presence (Shen, Twisted Fate, etc.)

She's much more of a teamfighter now, which is fine by me.

She gained an escape in Q, and her dueling potential still seems high with her passive and W. One important trait of a split pusher is that you are a good duelist so the enemies are forced to send two+ people to deal with you.

It's hard to speak of how viable she will be, but I can see split pushing happening. A more teamfight oriented bruiser/tanky build might be viable too.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think at teh very least she-s less of a tower melter, which is fine by me since fuck tryndamere lol

its hard to figure her out from just the text, but sounds like fiora and ze opponentz can now engage in fun duel rather than like it was before in which if fiora was fed u died and if she wasn-t then she was kind of useless i guess

sounds a lot more attractive to me at least, i wish she had gotten some more waveclear so you didnt have to buy hydra

Screw your cheekbones and fatlips.

youre the cheekbone

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They turned Fiora into a renaissance Disney villainness.

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most anti-fun champ of them all?"

The ultimate, rose motif aside, is a travesty.
She had no personality before outside of a bad accent, and her visual design never offered anything distinctive.

drawkcaB

She gained an escape in Q, and her dueling potential still seems high with her passive and W. One important trait of a split pusher is that you are a good duelist so the enemies are forced to send two+ people to deal with you.

It's hard to speak of how viable she will be, but I can see split pushing happening. A more teamfight oriented bruiser/tanky build might be viable too.

The dash range is actually really small. It's quite clever, actually. The ability's damage radius extends the offensive range of Lunge while limiting the escape range. If you look at the video, the line is maybe a few champions long. It looks to be about the range of Graves' dash, possibly even shorter.

Also, we need to be careful when labeling her as a duelist. Her gameplay pattern is more about dueling - moving around, in-and-out prolonged fighting, picking your spots...

But a better duelist as the raw sense, in the traditional LoL definition, in the sense that Udyr, Shyvana and company are strong duelists? I honestly don't think so. It's her burst that forced multiple champions to her when split pushing. Unless her passive and ult true damage numbers are stupid high she's going to pump out less damage in a 1v1 with no additional defense to back it up.

And why would anyone want to splitpush with that ultimate? It's a fight winner. What a waste.

Newt

The great thing about the current Fiora is that she takes hardly any skill to play, and any sort of idiot can pick her up and do well with her. I wonder if that will change post-rework.

zkylon

zkylewd
the azir nerf is kind of weird. i sort of don't like them removing the knockup as it was one of the most clear tells that you could insec that person. like, you still have the shield, but since his ult is so wonky and it's never super clear when you're in inseccing range, i kind of wish that had stayed, but i think it's a pretty fair nerf

and if i'm reading it correctly the passive thing is actually like a 20% ms buff at lvl1?

i guess it removes some power from cdr runes and blue buff but the attack speed thing is kind of odd i guess

i wonder if maxing w second would be a good idea now, or at least going like 3 e then max w (or the other way around)

overall i think azir's still gonna be pretty op because of all the utility in his kit. which imo is pretty great since he's super fun to play as. like ori i guess.

The great thing about the current Fiora is that she takes hardly any skill to play, and any sort of idiot can pick her up and do well with her. I wonder if that will change post-rework.

i duno im a sort of idiot and played her once and fed

Jeff-DSA

I think she's going to be harder to play post re-work. Her Riposte takes way more timing, and it's directional rather than automatic return damage. Her ult is way more difficult to use, and her Q only goes once. She actually has less escape now, which is rough. She can no longer split push.

That said, she seems to be better as far as a 1v1 laner and will actually be useful in a teamfight from a utility standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom