• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's going to be harder to play post re-work. Her Riposte takes way more timing, and it's directional rather than automatic return damage. Her ult is way more difficult to use, and her Q only goes once. She actually has less escape now, which is rough. She can no longer split push.

That said, she seems to be better as far as a 1v1 laner and will actually be useful in a teamfight from a utility standpoint.

In reference to the bolded, I don't think those are correct. She has an escape move as well as Flash now that she can use, even if the range isn't huge. Before if you committed to a fight you were fully committed. You had to go in, get the kill or you died.

As for her in a 1 v 1 scenario, I don't think she's better now honestly. Previously you would use your dashes, your untargetability and your huge burst damage to beat almost anyone 1 v 1. Now it's about outplaying your opponent to an extent? Look for your opportunity, hit the week spot and use Riposte to push back damage and disengage. Then when you are low and your big opportunity comes, you can ult and go all in.

There's more interaction with her now both playing as and against her. She'll be rewarded for outplaying her opponents but she won't automatically be better than everyone in a 1 v 1 now.

I think she's going to be harder to play post re-work. Her Riposte takes way more timing, and it's directional rather than automatic return damage. Her ult is way more difficult to use, and her Q only goes once. She actually has less escape now, which is rough. She can no longer split push.

That said, she seems to be better as far as a 1v1 laner and will actually be useful in a teamfight from a utility standpoint.
She didn't have an escape before, now she has a targeted dash and a passive MS buff, how does that amount to less escape?

She was an immobile squishy duelist. She wasn't a good split pusher to begin with, now she can because her kit is based on mobility and skirmishes.

In reference to the bolded, I don't think those are correct. She has an escape move as well as Flash now that she can use, even if the range isn't huge. Before if you committed to a fight you were fully committed. You had to go in, get the kill or you died.

As for her in a 1 v 1 scenario, I don't think she's better now honestly. Previously you would use your dashes, your untargetability and your huge burst damage to beat almost anyone 1 v 1. Now it's about outplaying your opponent to an extent? Look for your opportunity, hit the week spot and use Riposte to push back damage and disengage. Then when you are low and your big opportunity comes, you can ult and go all in.

There's more interaction with her now both playing as and against her. She'll be rewarded for outplaying her opponents but she won't automatically be better than everyone in a 1 v 1 now.

yup. Like I mentioned, your opponent isn't going to just stand there. An opponent like Gnar can wait for you to lunge then hop away, slow you, and auto attack to victory. Hell, nobody should be standing still against Fiora. The 'outplay' aspect comes when the opponent lets themselves get hit in their weak spots or doesn't return damage. And you don't pick champions because they're only good at splitpush(If split pushing was a role, other champions would beat her in it, like Yi or Tryndamere)

Like I mentioned, new Fiora will be pretty weak. 'Oh but Breezy you're wrong! Oh but Breezy you haven't even played her! Oh but Breezy she can 1v1 and splitpush!'

Heh.

yup. Like I mentioned, your opponent isn't going to just stand there. An opponent like Gnar can wait for you to lunge then hop away, slow you, and auto attack to victory. Hell, nobody should be standing still against Fiora. The 'outplay' aspect comes when the opponent lets themselves get hit in their weak spots or doesn't return damage. And you don't pick champions because they're only good at splitpush(If split pushing was a role, other champions would beat her in it, like Yi or Tryndamere)

Like I mentioned, new Fiora will be pretty weak. 'Oh but Breezy you're wrong! Oh but Breezy you haven't even played her! Oh but Breezy she can 1v1 and splitpush!'

Heh.

Oh I think you're downright fucking wrong if you think she'll be weak. You have not even touched the kit yet.

Also, you can Lunge into a Gnar when a weak spot is up because lunge will auto proc the weak spot, get your MS buff and 60% of Lunge's cooldown back and Riposte his Boomerang. That's the sort of engage-disengage play pattern I'm talking about. Then when the Gnar is potentially low, you can Lunge in, make him blow his jump and use your far lower Lunge cooldown and ult to finish him off.

She has two slows on her kit now, albeit one situational. She can still be very sticky if she wants to be.

Oh I think you're downright fucking wrong if you think she'll be weak. You have not even touched the kit yet.

Also, you can Lunge into a Gnar when a weak spot is up because lunge will auto proc the weak spot, get your MS buff and 60% of Lunge's cooldown back and Riposte his Boomerang. That's the sort of engage-disengage play pattern I'm talking about. Then when the Gnar is potentially low, you can Lunge in, make him blow his jump and use your far lower Lunge cooldown and ult to finish him off.

She has two slows on her kit now, albeit one situational. She can still be very sticky if she wants to be.

We'll have to see~

IF SHE'S WEAK

I'll continue on.

IF SHE'S NOT WEAK.

Then I will....I dunno. I'll give a free skin to someone on here.

Jeff-DSA

She didn't have an escape before, now she has a targeted dash and a passive MS buff, how does that amount to less escape?

She was an immobile squishy duelist. She wasn't a good split pusher to begin with, now she can because her kit is based on mobility and skirmishes.

The fact that her W stayed up for so long bought her time to run away, and you could double Q through minions to get some distance if needed. It wasn't ideal. She never had escape, I just don't see it better now. At least ranged champs had to wait to hit you until your W expired before.

She's still going to be a champion that will need to play super safe when flash is down.

Her E let her absolutely wreck towers as a late game split pusher. Between her E and Ghostblade, you always had to know where she was or you were going to lose a tower. Now she can't really do that anymore.

Nekofrog

Banned
The great thing about the current Fiora is that she takes hardly any skill to play, and any sort of idiot can pick her up and do well with her. I wonder if that will change post-rework.

is that why you used to play her when you had to top in s4

:D

Newt

is that why you used to play her when you had to top in s4

:D
Basically, yeah. I'll never put any effort into learning top because it's so jungler dependent. Not like I really have to, it's like the second most popular role.

I can get ADC/Supp 90% of the time.

The fact that her W stayed up for so long bought her time to run away, and you could double Q through minions to get some distance if needed. It wasn't ideal. She never had escape, I just don't see it better now. At least ranged champs had to wait to hit you until your W expired before.

She's still going to be a champion that will need to play super safe when flash is down.

Her E let her absolutely wreck towers as a late game split pusher. Between her E and Ghostblade, you always had to know where she was or you were going to lose a tower. Now she can't really do that anymore.
Her old E lasted 3 seconds. She tore towers apart because she had like 600 AD, not because of a short steroid. New E has much more uptime, specially if you get CDR - Ghostblade Cleaver wink wink - for quicker tower slaps.

I'm not sure what her W being up for a long time has got to do with anything. If you get collapsed on you'll go poof whether it's up or not because you're immobile, and Q only worked on enemy minions so unless you were planning on trying to get an execute at their fountain it wouldn't help much as far as split pushing is concerned.

She now has a dash that can have a lot of uptime with moderate CDR that probably goes over terrain, a slow/stun and if all else fails she can just ult someone and run away with the MS buff she gets from it. How can you not see she has way more escapes now? lol

I kinda agree with Wings about the HUD, but the only thing I dislike about the new hud is where your team is positioned on it. As well as the kda and team score. Maybe take away the stats of the character, put back the portrait/items to the left side.

Like..it kinda is squished right there.(And he echoes my thoughts-She's 1v1 heavy, needs tankiness in order for teamfights cause Fiora would get rekted.)

zkylon

zkylewd
new royal guard is hideous lol

fiora1turn.jpg

love her new default outfit tho

stylish af

zkylon

zkylewd
the bilgewater stuff is pretty neat, some cool story between graves, tf and gp, and apparently there's a bigger event that you like "align" yourself with one of them and push the story forward somehow?

dunno

i love lore crap so im eating all of this up

so Fiora's passive picks a direction and constantly faces that way no matter whether the enemy turns that way or not.

That's a lot easier to hit than I expected. So. Yeah.

She's gonna be real good.

so Fiora's passive picks a direction and constantly faces that way no matter whether the enemy turns that way or not.

That's a lot easier to hit than I expected. So. Yeah.

She's gonna be real good.

Unless its facing the opposite direction of your position, and the enemy chooses to walk away when you try to get close @_@

New Fiora looks amazing. I love that W can reflect CC now. But what if it's an AoE stun like Cass ult? Will your team mates still eat it or is it completely negated?

Also, because of all the true damage and utility in her kit, I wonder if people will build her tanky like Irelia.

New Fiora looks amazing. I love that W can reflect CC now. But what if it's an AoE stun like Cass ult? Will your team mates still eat it or is it completely negated?

Also, because of all the true damage and utility in her kit, I wonder if people will build her tanky like Irelia.

She'll probably be a decent character built tanky. The downside is that if she's up against a sustain top, she might have a hard time unlike irelia who can sustain.

She'll probably be a decent character built tanky. The downside is that if she's up against a sustain top, she might have a hard time unlike irelia who can sustain.

She heals a ton from her passive procs and ult (goes from 40% to full in the clip). Couple that with a lifesteal item and her sustain seems to be above average.

Ambition

Tried out new Fiora and wow she's really fun now. Her ult is alot easier to use in team fights than I thought it'd be. Also, I don't know if it's a bug or intended but she can crit turrets with her e which makes turret taking a bit too easy
Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom