• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

I do hope Elise is back but I don't know if the buffs really address her complete failure of a late game.

The buff to her spiderlings isn't inconsequential.

Now that they deal magic damage her typical heavy penetration build will be stronger. The 0.05AP buff on their damage may not seem like much, but come late game with a full set of spiders that's +0.25AP. Yes, as her spiders die that bonus damage is reduced, but any which way you slice it that's a an 0.25AP buff to her burst and more damage over time. Both her principal damage items - Rylai's and Torment, had their AP increased (although the 80 -> 100 AP change on Rylais occurred many months ago, when Elise was in her prime it was 500hp/80AP) so players will feel the extra ratio on her spiders more than before.

If a champion had an ability that had a 0.5AP ratio on it that was buffed to 0.75AP players would rightly see that as significant. Well, in late game Elise sort of got that buff. Definitely trying her out this weekend myself. She's still the only assassin-ish jungler I've ever really enjoyed.

In fact she might just be exactly what I need to round out my Xin-Hec-Skarner-Naut jungler pool...Now I just need to find time to fit her into my Tristana/Varus/Braum practice.

Ambition

iIHXwK5.jpg
Wow this looks so good *__*

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I like some of the new ward skins. I think I might buy one. Slaughter Fleet is pretty cool.

Bacon

I bought a random ward skin and regretted the purchase before I even saw what I got. I don't even use it out of shame for what I did.

Jeff-DSA

Looking good visually, or overall? I still don't see how she's going to mesh with the current meta. She's a super fun ADC to play, so I hope she's viable again.

garath

Looking good visually, or overall? I still don't see how she's going to mesh with the current meta. She's a super fun ADC to play, so I hope she's viable again.

gameplay. She's got good poke, the movespeed active looks like it helps her and amazingly the new E is really solid. It's a huge slow.

Jeff-DSA

gameplay. She's got good poke, the movespeed active looks like it helps her and amazingly the new E is really solid. It's a huge slow.

I worry about her W change. Maybe I'm underestimating the speed boost or something, but losing the grievous wounds confuses me a bit. Leaving her E untouched is an odd move too.

E wasn't untouched, the slow is twice as strong early and it does it's damage faster.

If you manage to do the on kill bounce in lane it fucking hurts. That's almost 40% damage if you do it at level 1

Fuzzery

The interesting thing about ward skins is that it actually changes the information available to players in game. If nami has a ward skin, you know which ones are hers, and you can infer when she's out of wards.

Jeff-DSA

E wasn't untouched, the slow is twice as strong early and it does it's damage faster.

If you manage to do the on kill bounce in lane it fucking hurts. That's almost 40% damage if you do it at level 1

Ah, for some reason I read the E as unchanged from the spotlight thingy. Ok, yeah, she should be in a MUCH better place.

garath

Ah, for some reason I read the E as unchanged from the spotlight thingy. Ok, yeah, she should be in a MUCH better place.

Yeah. That slow is borderlined abusive. I'm only watching streams of it right now but she is bullying the crap out of people and can actually set up ganks very well now with the E.

edit: Damn. Elise looks like she's back. I can't wait to play her tonight. I'm totally going to throw my promos. I haven't played her in a long time. My mechanics are going to be so rough lol.

Nekofrog

Banned
The only time I've ever played Elise was like a year ago when newt said I should play elise support in a duo bot lane with him

I had no idea what I was doing with her lol. I listen to a lot of newts dumb fun ideas

One of his most frequently used phrases when posed with a really dumb pick:

"No it'll be good, trust me" buy I can't see his le troll face

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The only time I've ever played Elise was like a year ago when newt said I should play elise support in a duo bot lane with him

I had no idea what I was doing with her lol. I listen to a lot of newts dumb fun ideas

One of his most frequently used phrases when posed with a really dumb pick:

"No it'll be good, trust me" buy I can't see his le troll face

Newt picking Elise is always a mistake.

zkylon

zkylewd
i almost wish they didn't add any new fancy stuff to the bilgewater mode and just tried those items out in regular sr for a few weeks

i bet somehow it'll turn up to be a buff to corki since worlds is just around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom