• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently there was a survey sent out about champion statues and whether you'd buy them or want them added to champion mastery

oCJqDcY.png

zkylon

zkylewd
There are still summoners, but we haven't really announced what they are in the new story world. I know that's rather confusing, but we're working on helping provide clarity for players on that.

so summoners are still in then?

that's actually kind of cool

also yea i want nendoroids for all my champions

nendoroids, riot

make it happen

Nekofrog

Banned
i think they really really wanted to get rid of summoners for some reason but they were ripping their hair out at the thought of the kind of work that would have to go into removing all voice lines that mention summoner

like it'd be monetarily impractical for the lore so they said eff it there are still summoners whatever who cares

garath

Tried the new MF. Eh. I probably shouldn't have gone triforce first. She was pretty good but still suffers from lack of an escape. New E is great but its pretty short range.

Gonna have to give her another shot.

Skux

New HUD is absolute trash.

- Can't tell if my abilities are on CD
- Text is all washed out (not enough contrast between text and background)
- HUD blends in too closely with the playing field (blue/green)
- Art looks cheap and flimsy compared to previous HUD.
- Annoying ticking sound for every action.
- Minimap is too dark - not enough difference between lit areas and fog of war.
- Too big and takes up too much space in two segments of the screen rather than being evenly spaced out.

Unbelievable how no one picks up on this in testing at Riot when it took me two minutes.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean i guess i wouldn't be like against buying waifu trophees u know

but i still wish i could like buy them glasses and silly hats and stuff and more glasses

Was there ever a point in time where Karma could use two abilities back to back with Mantra similar to how Rengar can Q with an empowered strike and then follow up with another Q? Would that make her OP?

Einbroch

Banned
That's the issue. It's stylized like the field, so it just kinda oozes into the background. When spells go on cooldown, it's a green-blue, like the field. Things like that make it not stand out.

It's a UI. It's not a part of where you "play". It's not just because it's new, it's just not good.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not upset over the cosmetics

I'm upset people actually want Riot to do this instead of making the game better
What does that mean? Monetizing the game creates resources for Riot to make the game better. We just got a really big/cool update patch.

Newt

What does that mean? Monetizing the game creates resources for Riot to make the game better. We just got a really big/cool update patch.
This is your idea of a cool patch?

Casual shit like bilgewater bridge hardly matters in the long-run when they ruin the UI like this.

They're probably one of the biggest game companies out there. They have a huge amount of people. And yet despite this, their game frequently breaks and their engine is pretty bad.

There was a point, maybe 5 years ago you could call them an indie company, but that time is past. There's only so much that you can say 'They're a new company! These cosmetics will help them make the game better!'

Fracas

#fuckonami
Might just play ranked til the new hud is looked at

this thing is r o u g h

also the new announcer's novelty wears off after like 2 games

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not worth destroying the ingame HUD.
That has nothing to do with the quality of this specific patch. I think the new HUD is very bad and detrimental to the game experience as a whole though.

Good balance changes. GP/MF update. Six skins. An event. A new ARAM visual styling. New GP announcer. Yes?

>Good Balance changes
Questionable. They ruined Runeglaive instead of nerfing Ezreals AP ratios to the ground. So all the AP junglers suffer now.
>GP/MF update.
Again, questionable.They ruined some of GPs skins, heck the old gp just looks better-
>Six Skins
YEAH THAT'LL FIX THE GAME
>Event
It'll be gone soon enough. Made to mostly sale their skins.
>New ARAM
That's a given.
>New Announcer
He'll be gone after the event unless they figure how to toggle him(Or sale him lol).
>Yes?
No.

Also, another fun one for you folk-

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm not upset over the cosmetics

I'm upset people actually want Riot to do this instead of making the game better

they're doing both.

sometimes there are missteps but they generally listen to the community

This is your idea of a cool patch?

Casual shit like bilgewater bridge hardly matters in the long-run when they ruin the UI like this.

casual is what enables this game to survive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom