• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Good Balance changes
Questionable. They ruined Runeglaive instead of nerfing Ezreals AP ratios to the ground. So all the AP junglers suffer now.
Yes, destroy the runeglaive

it was an abomination
14345573677735xqvg.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Riot's collectible thingies are stupid as fuck. It's just waifu shit over and over again. There isn't a single one that even the littlest bit interesti...

Oh...oh my...well then...

wtf all of them are hideous

there's good stuff

lenha1412518130.jpeg

and there's riot stuff

Jinx-Figure-1.jpg

seriously riot

wtf are you doing

W65QxB0.jpg

4NbvG7N.jpg

It's like they design this shit for streamers to have more ad space.
i honestly don't get this point

a) what's the benefit of obscuring so many parts of the screen? guy in that thread keeps talking about flow, wtf is he talking about?
b) where were these great ui designers like months ago when the new ui was announced
c) maybe if great ui designers are like super concerned about the ui give it like a few fucking days before flipping their shit?

i mean, reddit whines about everything

there are like 3 threads a week whining about the game cursor

srs

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
>Good Balance changes
Questionable. They ruined Runeglaive instead of nerfing Ezreals AP ratios to the ground.
Ezreal is not the sole problem, and on his own he doesn't really deserve to be nerfed. Runeglaive was problematic as an item because its AOE damage was too useful for laners in general. I don't even think old Runeglaive was really accomplishing what it wanted to enable mage junglers. This will probably see more tweaks in the future, but for now old Runeglaive had to go.

There are lots of positive balance changes. Azir is less absurd. Ekko becomes a little mroe usable. Elise gets a big buff. Ryze evend out. Tahm Kench pulled up a little. A fun new support item in Zeke's that's actually unique.
>GP/MF update.
Again, questionable.They ruined some of GPs skins, heck the old gp just looks better-
Uh, this stuff is actively annoying to me. Certain models suffer from minor detail loss, but Riot has been pretty good about translating all old skins to upgrades whenever they rework champion visual design. Gangplank's new model iteration is objectively better than the previous one, and frankly it's really dumb when people regularly post weird model captures. Moba characters need good top down reads, and a more exaggerated look allows the unique attributes of a character to stand out. The new GP model caters to this and succeeds. On top of that they went back and made his kit more interesting/dynamic without completely flipping the table.
>Six Skins
YEAH THAT'LL FIX THE GAME
They are a fun new thing that makes the base game more interesting without tweaking everything around.
>Event
It'll be gone soon enough. Made to mostly sale their skins.
>New ARAM
That's a given.
>New Announcer
He'll be gone after the event unless they figure how to toggle him(Or sale him lol).
They're a good excuse to shake the game up a little bit. They don't have to do anything drastic, but they add something new for the player to engage with. That is okay/a positive. It doesn't need to last forever.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, maybe it's good quality, but it's hideous

and like ahri nendoroid already exists

sell me the fucking ahri nendoroid riot so i don't have to buy it off ebay for 200 usd ;_;

like LOOT AT HER CUTE LITTLE HANDS THEYRE ADOBRALE ALSDJASKJ

i mean, maybe it's good quality, but it's hideous

and like ahri nendoroid already exists

sell me the fucking ahri nendoroid riot so i don't have to buy it off ebay for 200 usd ;_;

like LOOT AT HER CUTE LITTLE HANDS THEYRE ADOBRALE ALSDJASKJ

Isn't that the one where you can change the heads too?

It baffles to me that Riot didn't just hire something like Pop Vinyl to make their figures. I'm sure they've been approached.

YES SHE CAN BE LIKE SHY OR ANGRY OR HAPPY ITS SO GOOD I LOVE EM I WANT THEEM ALL

don't worry buy more figurinos and I'm sure sooner or later Riot will actually license something good like that

I doubt it tho their fanbase has shown they'll buy anything, from wards to icons to recolors.

zkylon

zkylewd
don't worry buy more figurinos and I'm sure sooner or later Riot will actually license something good like that

I doubt it tho their fanbase has shown they'll buy anything, from wards to icons to recolors.

actually i only have the one ryuko, tho i'm eyeing this mako really hard

bmK2nfM.jpg

I

NEED

EET

nice

tbh i wouldn't have that many, i just want the three klk girls and maybe akane from psycho pass or soimething

b9aa382cb7731e145bbf601b0dadd98c.jpg

NENDOROIDS

i mean, unless league nendos existed

if league nendos existed i'd have them all

successful enough they've been able to keep putting them out. Granted it is at a slower rate than they could milk it for.

Jesus Christ riot-Last hit animations. For 600 RP.

You know, i agree with you guys that I have a hate boner for Riot, but they make it easy.

I prefer to see skins with finishers incluyed in the skin rather than this

I prefer to see skins with finishers incluyed in the skin rather than this

Yeah....I mean, they should do this for all the skins but-
Icon included with skin
Finisher
Stylized shit

They do it with Ultimate skins, but they can't be serious wanting us to spend what, a little over 1500 RP to have a finisher/last hits/icon? The ultimate skin is just a better deal when put up against with that.

And sure reddit would be like 'but those things take time! Riot is a small company! They're indie!' but that brings to question why the hell do they have 1000 people on their team

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah....I mean, they should do this for all the skins but-
Icon included with skin
Finisher
Stylized shit

They do it with Ultimate skins, but they can't be serious wanting us to spend what, a little over 1500 RP to have a finisher/last hits/icon? The ultimate skin is just a better deal when put up against with that.

And sure reddit would be like 'but those things take time! Riot is a small company! They're indie!' but that brings to question why the hell do they have 1000 people on their team
because they have regional teams all over the world doing regional stuff and esports stuff

i'd be surprised if actual people working on features and content for the game is like more than 150

New MF feels so crisp. It's a subtle update, but it feels like a big improvement.

GP is awesome but the barrels take some getting used to. I'd like it if his Q caused an instant detonation.

Zynx

Can anyone explain how action queuing works? For a concrete example, suppose I wanted to use Lulu's help-pix on an enemy champion, as well as autoattacking said champion, what would be the ideal way to do such a thing?

Can anyone explain how action queuing works? For a concrete example, suppose I wanted to use Lulu's help-pix on an enemy champion, as well as autoattacking said champion, what would be the ideal way to do such a thing?

...Does this game even have actiong queuing?

Action queuing doesn't exist. I don't think it'd be of any use here since you don't micro more than one unit.

But for your own example you want canceling. You go attack-E to cancel your attack animation into a spell.

Action queuing doesn't exist

But for your own example you want canceling. You go attack-E to cancel your attack animation into a spell.

Yeah...I mean in WoW you can kinda queue up some spellcasts after a channeled one, but that doens't really exist in Riot.

In fact if it did, it's probably what caused recall to break because that was based on cancelling the recall cast by using a spell that it would complete the recall in queue.

jerd

E is like impossible to use in a real match. People just auto them straight away and it's incredibly frustrating. Seems like way more effort than it's worth.

Pretty sure you just gotta burn 2 and put one in a safe place then put a fresh one in the wave and chain them. Or just time your parley right as it ticks from 2 to 1 which shouldn't be that hard vs a melee opponent but vs a ranged it's prob pretty 50/50

Tahm feels really good in lane but i don't have a fucking clue what to do in teamfights with him

zkylon

zkylewd
They're a big company acting like a small company. It just doesn't work.
one really has to wonder how "it doesn't work"

do they fail to deliver patches every few weeks? do they not regularly create awesome champions and skins? isn't the game bit by bit better than before? and is it not like super popular and succesful?

cos, like, aside from the usual balancing woes that lead to competitive being kind of crazy predictable and unexciting (which i guess it's not 100% riot's fault, but it sure is in a big part), i'd say it works pretty fucking well

Kalista/Tahm duo is incredibly annoying.
isn't kalista herself already super annoying?

:p

Barrels stay forever right? Seems like something youd set up in a bush.
not forever but a decent enough time

i think like 1m? i forget

Ferga

My Yasuo went 1/7 even though me and the fed top lane camped the shit out of the enemy mid.

Add a 0/7 Lucian into the mix and gg.

Absolutely unwinnable.

drawkcaB

Just played my first Tahm game as support. Approached it the same way I would with Braum, just being patient during laning phase. Was paired with a not-so-good Vayne vs. an MF/Naut duo. Even with their pressure and not a single other lane winning to relieve some off of us, they still only managed a single kill during laning phase. Tahm's protective quality is pretty damn good. We ended up losing because while we had a bit of a rough go, the other lanes lost hard. Still, in the few teamfights we had I could definitely see the potential of his kit. Even had a few nice ult uses to secure kills.

That said, if I need to play a protective support I'd rather play Braum, which is just as well as my interest in Tahm is more for top lane. Voyboy's been having success maxing W first and since Tahm's Q poke is pretty meandering even with the buff I wonder if it's not better to max W first even when supporting. Drop the CD to the point that it's up more frequently for saves and setting up ganks. I don't think he's a necessarily a good support at lower MMR, but I also think it has a lot more to do with how many aspects of his kit require on point communication. It'll take a while for players to learn how to play with Tahm and his WR numbers will suffer despite what he can do.

Played a pair of Tristana games before that, went 1-1 and yep, she's going to end up being one my two go to ADCs. Now it's just a matter of putting in more time between Varus and Ashe to see which I want to keep.

jerd

I tried the W max for shits and i didn't like it

You really just don't have any presence that way because harassing with minions is sooooo telegraphed and the slow on Q is pretty lackluster til you get some points n it

Regurgitate has really good damage so if you can harass with it it's probably pretty good but i wasnt able to. Also you obviously don't want to use it to harass if they can all in you or you're gonna get ganked bc you need it off cd to peace out

In top I'd probably consider maxing W first but idk

Ferga

I think maxing Q will always be the best option for Tahm.

The short cooldown with chain cc and its synergy with the ult passive is way too strong over other options

drawkcaB

Maybe it's because I'm not used to it, but I found the damage from Tongue Lash really bizarre. The damage from it should be roughly the same as with Braum's Q, pre-6 at any rate, but it sure didn't seem like it.

I'll probably have to but more time in with Tahm support when I find the time.

I think maxing Q will always be the best option for Tahm.

The short cooldown with chain cc and its synergy with the ult passive is way too strong over other options

But that's sort of thing with my thinking, ranking up Q doesn't reduce the cooldown nor does it increase the stun effect. Just more damage which isn't particularly high until post-6. Contrast that with leveling W which reduces the CD to 10s at rank 5. I dunno. Q doesn't seem to do much in lane and come early match teamfights I think rank 5 W would be better than rank 5 Q. You guys are probably right but I'm really inclined to try W max in the next week or so whenever I get around to it.

jerd

Tahm's E is such a great bait ability. He's def not the strongest champ but his kit is so fun. He really could have used a real passive though

Q max does more than just more damage, slow goes up to 70% which isn't insignificant. Only 30 at rank 1

drawkcaB

Yeah, it's definitely not a real passive.

I think I'll try ignite next time too. Had lots of success with that on Braum, might work here too.

While the 70% slow is nice, in lane it's not particularly great since Tahm has difficult following up on his own.

Ferga

I camp a riven to a point where she's 0/5 in lane. She ends the game going 0/13.

But you know she won....

Got 5 man counterganked 2 times while my mid and bot did nothing in that time. (not even exaggerating. I got 5 man counterganked at top before 20minutes)

Then my fed jax goes on tilt mode trying to 1v5 all game and we lose.

Sad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom