• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

I feel like I'm having the most fun in this game when I'm playing Kalista. I just love the q-max playstyle.

Edit: Seems like Elise is back.
44d17fb9940d7f458497b5539483d4f6.jpg

killatopak

Gold Member
i mean i guess i wouldn't be like against buying waifu trophees u know

but i still wish i could like buy them glasses and silly hats and stuff and more glasses

Are you me?

Def want them. I'm a sucker for cute things. Glasses are cute as fock.

Make a cute skin for a champ that I don't have on top of me being absolutely horrible at playing her. I'd buy that. Happened to me with sg lux.

--
Bear Cavalry Sej skin is 50% off in my region. Is it good? I was eyeing the Poro rider skin before cuz it's a poro and who doesn't love poros but I'm having trouble deciding which one to buy.

MaxiLive

Ooo that survey seems interesting! Hopefully they do add all of those to the game in some form or another. I would really love to see champion addons gained through mastery such as hats, weapon skins or clothing.

As for the last hit animations and stuff I think that all looks cool and is something they should put on the store. I personally wouldn't buy it but I buy like 1 skin a year. But it would make an awesome item to gift to someone or randomly giveaway for good behaviour etc.

I tried out MF last night and she feels nice to play but I didn't really do all that much damage I also didn't to get to try her out properly as it ended up being a 10-0 game after 10 minutes from the other lanes/jungle -.- I handily won bot lane though but didn't really have much kill pressure as I hadn't a clue what I was doing :D

Ooo that survey seems interesting! Hopefully they do add all of those to the game in some form or another. I would really love to see champion addons gained through mastery such as hats, weapon skins or clothing.

As for the last hit animations and stuff I think that all looks cool and is something they should put on the store. I personally wouldn't buy it but I buy like 1 skin a year. But it would make an awesome item to gift to someone or randomly giveaway for good behaviour etc.

I tried out MF last night and she feels nice to play but I didn't really do all that much damage I also didn't to get to try her out properly as it ended up being a 10-0 game after 10 minutes from the other lanes/jungle -.- I handily won bot lane though but didn't really have much kill pressure as I hadn't a clue what I was doing :D

They do plan on adding 'particle changes' for champion mastery, that would change the particles of a champion.

Ferga

Yeah, I don't know how Elise is going to stay in this state for more than 2 patches.

Might be quite early to really back that statement up but holy hell, I've never felt this powerful in the jungle with a champ before.

An ap assassin with good clear and sustain against a tank meta is insane.

And rylai on her is sooo good.

Ferga

So I'm malphite going against a nocturne.

Should be an easy as shit game but nope. All my carries are flashing over walls and shit so I can't ult peel the nocturne 3 shotting their dumb asses.

killatopak

Gold Member
No I'm watching trick2g play as Nasus and just watching how that match went made me feel like this doge needs to stop being about hugging 1 lane and stacking that q.

I hate him. He's a ticking time bomb just like Vladimir. Also, it's pretty hard to win against him as Renek who I use a lot.

jerd

No I'm watching trick2g play as Nasus and just watching how that match went made me feel like this doge needs to stop being about hugging 1 lane and stacking that q.

Idk he's pretty unique and delaying his power spike and managing him is kinda like a game in itself. When he gets big and I'm jungling i always feel lile late game is more dealing with the consequences of not keeping tabs on him than "this champ is bs".

jerd

The community reaction to the fiora vu is just sad

It's like people can't handle a female champ that's not their ideal image of a supermodel. We really do deserve our reputation

killatopak

Gold Member
No one should use Renek.

Shir early game. Shit late game. Shit Nasus substitite.

Shit.

Before, I could agree with the late game but early game? One of the best lane bullies and you say he has shit early? You've got to be kidding me.

Now that tank meta is dominant I could also say that his late game is not as bad as before and it's actually pretty great.

How the heck is he a Nasus sub? He's practically the exact opposite of Nasus where his strength lies in his early game and kinda falls off late game.

--

Finally gonna get the new patch for our region tomorrow. Let's see how good or bad this new UI is. I want to experience it myself before joining the hate bandwagon.

You can have 2~6 barrels, you're supposed to set them up out of range and surprise people with chain reactions.

I know, but that's what I'm saying. More effort than it's worth. You're never realistically gonna do anything with them in team fights. Outside of brush cheese it's too telegraphed to ever be effective.

The GP spotlight seems pretty specific. "Basic attacks or Parrley, enemy can last hit it"
The community reaction to the fiora vu is just sad

It's like people can't handle a female champ that's not their ideal image of a supermodel. We really do deserve our reputation
It's not much being a supermodel as it is being different from what her face was supposed to be. I dunno about you but this is a supermodel to me.

Some adjustments can't hurt. I'll give you that the reddit outrage is embarassing though.
I know, but that's what I'm saying. More effort than it's worth. You're never realistically gonna do anything with them in team fights. Outside of brush cheese it's too telegraphed to ever be effective.
It's not telegraphed, you put barrels out of sight in Q range then immediatly put one down then explode the first one. In the middle of teamfights you can also put barrels down while dueling someone to refresh your passive and gain more damage.

Tizoc

Idk he's pretty unique and delaying his power spike and managing him is kinda like a game in itself. When he gets big and I'm jungling i always feel lile late game is more dealing with the consequences of not keeping tabs on him than "this champ is bs".

Focus too much on Nasus and you risk not helping your other lanes as Jungler.

killatopak

Gold Member
Focus too much on Nasus and you risk not helping your other lanes as Jungler.

What is the optimal strategy then?

Would winning the other two lanes by ignoring him work out? I feel that the one thing I think about when fighting a Nasus is "We have to end this game fast".

Other than that, If your top laner could somehow dominate him in lane then that would be pretty good too. There are a few champions that I've seen that can win against him pretty easily. One of those were Gankplank before the rework. I dunno about now but since they didn't change his Q much then I'd assume he still has the power to wreck Nasus.

Edwardo

I dunno, she does look like a chubby harry potter now in game. They seriously did *ruin* her. I'm surprised XiaoWeiXiao is suspended, I thought he was one of the good ones after the whole drama with his group being held hostage by their last owner or something.

Lol that update looks pretty bad.

garath

I feel like I'm having the most fun in this game when I'm playing Kalista. I just love the q-max playstyle.

Edit: Seems like Elise is back.

Yeah, I don't know how Elise is going to stay in this state for more than 2 patches.

Might be quite early to really back that statement up but holy hell, I've never felt this powerful in the jungle with a champ before.

An ap assassin with good clear and sustain against a tank meta is insane.

And rylai on her is sooo good.

Yeah. Elise is really back. I don't even think it's necessarily the ELISE changes that did it (Meteos has been playing her for a couple weeks now). Runeglaive is awesome on her. New Rylia's is incredible on her. It probably does help that the spiders now do magic damage too. Magic pen works on that. The cocoon buff helps quite a bit to keep her status as an early ganking monster.

She's everything I've missed in the new jungle. Healthy first clear with good dueling potential and early gank pressure.

She's going to be pick/ban pretty soon and probably face a nerf. :(

TomShoe

Banned
one really has to wonder how "it doesn't work"

do they fail to deliver patches every few weeks? do they not regularly create awesome champions and skins? isn't the game bit by bit better than before? and is it not like super popular and succesful?

cos, like, aside from the usual balancing woes that lead to competitive being kind of crazy predictable and unexciting (which i guess it's not 100% riot's fault, but it sure is in a big part), i'd say it works pretty fucking well

Some good, some bad.

I'm not saying Riot isn't getting anything done. They are making steps towards making the game better, a little bit at a time, and that's good. However, we're still waiting for them to make these big leaps in quality like we've been promised so many times. Lots of big features promised, then nothing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you me?

Def want them. I'm a sucker for cute things. Glasses are cute as fock.

Make a cute skin for a champ that I don't have on top of me being absolutely horrible at playing her. I'd buy that. Happened to me with sg lux.
ikr?

gimme glassesssssssss

Some good, some bad.

I'm not saying Riot isn't getting anything done. They are making steps towards making the game better, a little bit at a time, and that's good. However, we're still waiting for them to make these big leaps in quality like we've been promised so many times. Lots of big features promised, then nothing.

like what?

jerd

Had time for 3 games today, didn't get to jungle in any, 0-3 :-(

I can almost understand why laners rage in this game. If your lane just goes even it's so hard to not be able to do anything while the rest of your team just falls apart. I even won lane and got multiple successful ganks off in other lanes in one game and it still wasn't even close.

Doesn't help that i blow ass at every role but jungle

Leezard

We already know that ranked team builder will not show up until at least the next preseason, so I wouldn't sit around and expect it to come any moment.

zkylon

zkylewd
Had time for 3 games today, didn't get to jungle in any, 0-3 :-(

I can almost understand why laners rage in this game. If your lane just goes even it's so hard to not be able to do anything while the rest of your team just falls apart. I even won lane and got multiple successful ganks off in other lanes in one game and it still wasn't even close.

Doesn't help that i blow ass at every role but jungle

it's easy, just don't go even :>

jerd

Idk about that ranked teambuilder

Not getting your role kind of just seems like part of the deal to me
i say immediately after bitching about not getting my role

zkylon

zkylewd
i almost always got mid when i played ranked but it's still not a very fun experience to me

it does sound a little better if you can like tone down the fighting in champ select tho

Idk about that ranked teambuilder

Not getting your role kind of just seems like part of the deal to me
i say immediately after bitching about not getting my role
If competitive play doesn't require people to be good at more than one role then why should one of the entry points do so?

People naturally gravitate to certain roles and champions. Not getting your role just gets you bot laners not playing bot lane or worse, solo laners playing bot lane.

I think when ranked team builder comes out, that's when I will play ranked. I never like being last pick and then having to play in a lane that you never practice.
If competitive play doesn't require people to be good at more than one role then why should one of the entry points do so?
I see what your saying,but I think team builder would make it more competitive cause who ever you are leaning against usually mains that role.

One problem is I don't know how they could do bans.

drawkcaB

Could be fixed by letting players queue up with several roles (e.g. 1st pick jungle, 2nd pick support). Then when the "team found" prompt pops up, it let's you know which role you'll end up being on the team ("Team Found! Do you accept to join this team as Support?"). If you had you heart set on playing jungler, then you decline and go back into the role selection and just put first jungler only.

More interesting is that so far Riot has indicated that players won't be pre-picking their champions like in TB for obvious reasons, but just their role. There isn't much preventing someone locking in their role as Support and picking Vayne to just be an asshole, although I suspect that sort of shit would become much less frequent than now. It's one thing to be Support Vayne because someone above you in pick order locked in an ADC, it's a whole other level of asshole that queues up as a Support and still picks Vayne.

I mulled over an idea where players pick roles along with a small pool of champions (4-5) for each of role they queued up for that would be visible only to their teammates. Then players could coordinate their comps based on that. But that's overly idealistic. The community at large is too meta-sensitive and strict for something like that be possible. I know my teammates would often bitch if they saw my jungle pool for instance. I was dropped from a TB game two nights ago because the captain said Support Braum shouldn't pick ignite.

I expect the stat tracking for roles used in the current team builder will migrate over to ranked TB. I can't imagine they'd let players rack up MMR with their primary role but then force those players to play at that MMR when they feel like switching to another role for whatever reason.

V_Arnold

People naturally gravitate to certain roles and champions. Not getting your role just gets you bot laners not playing bot lane or worse, solo laners playing bot lane.

Wut? Since duo bot is an expression straight out of hell, I do not get this point..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom