• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

crap, I forgot they released these megahuge patch from hell. I would've started the download first thing this morning. Now I might not get to play during my lunch break

oh... nice looks like the patch is downloading faster now. 74%

for the future I hope they get more clever about patching. So far only Guild Wars got it right. You downloaded only what you needed. No downtime. Was way ahead of its time and better than we deserved

Nekofrog

Banned
Ranked team builder may be harder then normal solo q. You could get far fewer games in your main role vs someone who doesn't main that role. Iono

Grakl

Hey all, I'm watching the EU LCS and I dunno who the people are that are walking around behind the players with a notebook and a headset on. Are those coaches or managers?

Bacon

Hey all, I'm watching the EU LCS and I dunno who the people are that are walking around behind the players with a notebook and a headset on. Are those coaches or managers?

Coaches. There's also an lcs thread in the gaming forum. I'm on mobile so don't feel like linking it right now but I'm sure someone will

Edwardo

At least ranked team builder will get rid of the whole "I didn't get the role I wanted, that's why I went 2-10" bullshit excuse people use.

Guys I found the updated version of Fiora :^)
PO4lqdr.png

zkylon

zkylewd
At least ranked team builder will get rid of the whole "I didn't get the role I wanted, that's why I went 2-10" bullshit excuse people use.
mind you it's only normals that will get draft team builder at first

hopefully ranked will be replaced as a whole with it tho

and i wouldn't mind regular blind pick being replaced with team builder too, so hard to find games in team builder

This new HUD is taking some serious getting used to. I can't figure it out - is there a way to see your stats like AD, AP, Attack Speed, Armor, MR without having to click "C"? That's my biggest qualm so far is that I can't glance and see that stuff.

EDIT: Figured it out. If you click on the thing by your portrait, it pops up. Okay, that's better, I'll be fine.

garath

This new HUD is taking some serious getting used to. I can't figure it out - is there a way to see your stats like AD, AP, Attack Speed, Armor, MR without having to click "C"? That's my biggest qualm so far is that I can't glance and see that stuff.

EDIT: Figured it out. If you click on the thing by your portrait, it pops up. Okay, that's better, I'll be fine.

Oh thanks for that, I didn't know how to do that either and it was driving me nuts.

Oh thanks for that, I didn't know how to do that either and it was driving me nuts.

Apparently 2 months ago, League posted a walkthrough of the new HUD on their website. Then they released it and mentioned no FAQ or walkthrough or anything... just let people go nuts and figure stuff out on their own.

lol I figured that out by myself :p
I also remember holding C key (default) shows some of your stats too.

That was what was bugging me - the only way I could see my stats was by holding C, when it used to all just be there always.

They kind of handled this whole HUD thing pretty poorly. They mentioned it a few months ago, and then just released it with no community interaction. It's a pretty big change that affects all players... you'd think they would reach out and explain a few things on it. An FAQ would be nice.

Edwardo

mind you it's only normals that will get draft team builder at first

hopefully ranked will be replaced as a whole with it tho

and i wouldn't mind regular blind pick being replaced with team builder too, so hard to find games in team builder

It would pretty much have to replace ranked as we know it, right?

Ya I'm completely fine with blind pick being replaced by team builder. I don't even remember the last time I played a blind pick game. I don't think there's any good reasons to actually keep it around. It could be a nice mode for those random ones we get every so often.

Actually, since there are a bunch of rando game modes out there for events and stuff, they could just have a featured game mode of the week/month/whatever and just rotate though them. Might be a cool way to please the people that enjoy them.

Bacon

Ya I'm completely fine with blind pick being replaced by team builder. I don't even remember the last time I played a blind pick game. I don't think there's any good reasons to actually keep it around. It could be a nice mode for those random ones we get every so often.

Actually, since there are a bunch of rando game modes out there for events and stuff, they could just have a featured game mode of the week/month/whatever and just rotate though them. Might be a cool way to please the people that enjoy them.

Bring back ascension! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TomShoe

Banned
Everything should be replaced by the team builder version. If you want to queue up for a certain role, do it. If you want to just rando fill, do it.

Everything should be replaced by the team builder version. If you want to queue up for a certain role, do it. If you want to just rando fill, do it.

Queue times would be insanely long.

Like...think if they made Ranked Team Builder for solo queue or whatever. How many fuckers would want to play a character that's highly banned, hell how do you deal with banning characters in ranked team builder or whatever.

How many fuckers are going to want to play Azir or Kalista, and since it's ranked you can only have 1 on each side, queue times will be insane for those people.

I mean it'll be a hilarious fuck up if Riot releases a ranked team builder, because it'll just cause a bunch of issues.

Leezard

Queue times would be insanely long.

Like...think if they made Ranked Team Builder for solo queue or whatever. How many fuckers would want to play a character that's highly banned, hell how do you deal with banning characters in ranked team builder or whatever.

How many fuckers are going to want to play Azir or Kalista, and since it's ranked you can only have 1 on each side, queue times will be insane for those people.

I mean it'll be a hilarious fuck up if Riot releases a ranked team builder, because it'll just cause a bunch of issues.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172768286&postcount=16201

Einbroch

Banned
Queue up as a role. Queuing up as two roles gets you 10% more IP. Three, 15%. Four, 20%.

Why this hasn't been implemented yet is beyond me.

Or choose "fill" and get 25% bonus IP. Come on, Riot. This isn't hard and saves a lot of toxicity.

garath

They need to do this, or just get rid of team builder. The queue times have gotten pretty awful even for roles they say are in high demand. Even after the team has been filled, I've had to wait upwards of 5 min for a game on top of it. Blind pick is still hugely popular and I've never had to wait longer than a couple minutes for a normal draft game.

....so you might as well just solo queue as it is. If you don't know more than one role, you shouldn't be ranking, is the rule of thumb.

Queue up as a role. Queuing up as two roles gets you 10% more IP. Three, 15%. Four, 20%.

Or choose "fill" and get 25% bonus IP. Come on, Riot. This isn't hard and saves a lot of toxicity.

Can't have people earning their funny money faster than they intended(Unless you spend RP!)

Leezard

....so you might as well just solo queue as it is. If you don't know more than one role, you shouldn't be ranking, is the rule of thumb.

No, you'll ensure that people get a role that they are comfortable on and won't fight as much in champ select. The rule of thumb only applies to the current ranked system due to how it works, but even then you will climb faster and higher if you main a role than if you are a jack of all trades.

drawkcaB

Free IP?! What the fuck are you thinking?

No, you'll ensure that people get a role that they are comfortable on and won't fight as much in champ select. The rule of thumb only applies to the current ranked system due to how it works, but even then you will climb faster and higher if you main a role than if you are a jack of all trades.

The issue with ranked isn't with people not getting their role, it's people with bad attitudes. Either you picked incorrectly, or they're having a bad day that they'll go 'Yolo360queue', or they're on tilt and feel the need to inform everyone, usually causing people to complain at them, or they'll go afk because someone on your team died first, or they'll just be complete dicks in game because they have a need to tell you how to play, etc.

People not getting their role is the least of the problems with the community.

Just lower the amount of IP you get in ranked by 10% across the board.

Riot ain't no charity, pls.

Punish the community for wanting to pick a certain role, that'll go over well @_@

What if you don't need any IP :(
Lots of people own all champs and plenty of runes by now. Would rather they do kind of like Ranked Teams, where you get points that can give you Ward Skins, or something similar.

Einbroch

Banned
Punish the community for wanting to pick a certain role, that'll go over well @_@

Hmm. League players are a bunch of entitled assholes, I forgot.

But still, it only negatively effects those who only want to play one role. And those are the pricks in ranked anyway, so fuck them.

Hmm. League players are a bunch of entitled assholes, I forgot.

But still, it only negatively effects those who only want to play one role. And those are the pricks in ranked anyway, so fuck them.

Look all I'm saying is that if you don't give me Swain top, then you're going to have a Bard time.

Leezard

The issue with ranked isn't with people not getting their role, it's people with bad attitudes. Either you picked incorrectly, or they're having a bad day that they'll go 'Yolo360queue', or they're on tilt and feel the need to inform everyone, usually causing people to complain at them, or they'll go afk because someone on your team died first, or they'll just be complete dicks in game because they have a need to tell you how to play, etc.

People not getting their role is the least of the problems with the community.

I don't agree. Of course there are problems outside of people getting their main role, but there are a lot of times where these bad attitudes appear because they get a role they suck at, so they get tilted easier. Not getting a role they are comfortable on is a catalyst for starting other problems.

It won't solve all bad experiences with solo queue, but it will lessen them.

Edwardo

You'll get better by putting 100 hours into one role rather than 20 hours into each role, so it's just natural.

Ya that's definitely true. I just think it's a boring way to play.

On most nights, I rarely play the same champion or even role twice in a row. Unless i'm in the mood to play Bard.

garath

Not to mention some people enjoy certain roles over others as well. I personally really don't like the top lane dynamic. It's my least favorite role by far. Second least favorite is probably support though I'm actually pretty good at it. On the flip side, I like mid lane a lot but I'm not as good at it because I never ever play it. Maybe 1 in 20 games at best. I'd be better at it if I had more practice but I'm not going to do that in ranked as I'm putting my team at a disadvantage.

TomShoe

Banned
Not to mention some people enjoy certain roles over others as well. I personally really don't like the top lane dynamic. It's my least favorite role by far. Second least favorite is probably support though I'm actually pretty good at it. On the flip side, I like mid lane a lot but I'm not as good at it because I never ever play it. Maybe 1 in 20 games at best. I'd be better at it if I had more practice but I'm not going to do that in ranked as I'm putting my team at a disadvantage.

Yup. I normally play top lane and AD Carry. Mid lane is always highly requested so I never touch it, and it's hard to make plays as a support unless you're someone like Thresh.

zkylon

zkylewd

well it has the "nice" feature of being able to make up the team as you go, but since no one actually does that and ppl just call their roles i guess you might as well just remove it

it has a bit of a higher barrier of entry for new players (what's a lane? who should i play?) than just picking something random no questions asked, but i think those issues fall more into the tutorial category than team builder itself

here where we don't even have normals draft (cos apparently the server is so small that there wouldn't be much ppl to play it) we have a choice between blind pick and taem builder and team builder always takes forever to find a game, so i guess adding yet another team builder mode isn't gonna be great unless they get rid of regular blind pick

i hope they do, i like being able to like ban stuff out without having to get 5 friends fir ranked 5s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom