• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Riven mains truly are the most putrid thing in the game.

5w9nQa6.png

Kappa

Leezard

Ya that's definitely true. I just think it's a boring way to play.

On most nights, I rarely play the same champion or even role twice in a row. Unless i'm in the mood to play Bard.
I can understand that, and that there are many people who feel that way. The new system should allow people with both types of preferences to get what they want at least.

Ya that's definitely true. I just think it's a boring way to play.

On most nights, I rarely play the same champion or even role twice in a row. Unless i'm in the mood to play Bard.

this is pretty much exactly the boat I'm in. Only time I spam the same role/champion is when I do ranked, which isn't often.

Or if, same as yourself, if I play Bard. Such a great champion. So much fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
Queue up as a role. Queuing up as two roles gets you 10% more IP. Three, 15%. Four, 20%.

Why this hasn't been implemented yet is beyond me.

Or choose "fill" and get 25% bonus IP. Come on, Riot. This isn't hard and saves a lot of toxicity.

this sounds pretty problematic since it's essentially counteracting the whole idea of ranked teambuilder. like, lots of ppl will fill for the extra ip and get mad when they don't get what they actually wanted. and you already are able to choose two positions so that's already there to help queue times, i dunno if much more is needed.

it's also even more prone to abuse like going for four all the time and not actually doing so in champ select (as in picking vayne support). you can do that in current team builder, but the reward i feel would make it more enciting

....so you might as well just solo queue as it is. If you don't know more than one role, you shouldn't be ranking, is the rule of thumb.
that rule comes exactly from ppl not being able to play what they want, not because solo queue is about playing multiple roles

The issue with ranked isn't with people not getting their role, it's people with bad attitudes. Either you picked incorrectly, or they're having a bad day that they'll go 'Yolo360queue', or they're on tilt and feel the need to inform everyone, usually causing people to complain at them, or they'll go afk because someone on your team died first, or they'll just be complete dicks in game because they have a need to tell you how to play, etc.

People not getting their role is the least of the problems with the community.
i mean, riot can't really fix ppl throwing tantrums cos they can't handle losing, so they focus on what they can fix from a systems perspective

in my experience there's often fighting in champ select, so this almost entirely removes it. it also gets ppl to play what they want, which should in theory make them play better and in double theory also reduce toxicity during the game

for things like afks and racists and whatever there are bans, unless you're noot

Bacon

So if I'm reading that right teemo in a brush goes stealthed in .75 seconds and stays stealthed until he attacks or leaves the brush?

zkylon

zkylewd
reduce duration on shrooms is pretty big tho

not sure if him being able to move while invisible in a brush is that big of a deal tbh

Tizoc

teemo support with smite. Counter the enemy jungler for the level 2 and run away laughing.

Oh my gah...

reduce duration on shrooms is pretty big tho

not sure if him being able to move while invisible in a brush is that big of a deal tbh

Consider that you don't have a purp ward or red trinket's on cooldown and teemo is in the brush. Consider also if the champ only has auto attacks and on hit abilties/abilities that require a target to be selected for it to come out.

zkylon

zkylewd
really digging the story stuff as usual

lots of personality injected into tf, graves, gp and mf

these events are always awesome

garath

Yeah. Elise is legit now. Too bad I couldn't carry my toxic team.

S rating in a loss. So sad. So sad.

Ask for group up, Nasus goes off to farm, Kogmaw gets caught in the jungle.

Ping baron 10x, say they are going to go for it. 30 seconds later enemy is doing it. Where's team? All over the map. Ignoring me all game.

Blitz keeps typing and typing and typing saying we were going to lose because we didn't listen to him. Though he isn't actually saying anything. Troll? He played pretty well though. Confusing guy. Kept calling for surrender too. Even though the game was dead even.

I made a few mistakes. Died 1v1 to the top udyr under tower. I misplayed that. Also didn't steal the baron. It was an easy steal too. I should have had it. Also needed to punish the irelia jungle more early. I let her get farmed up. Though in that regard, I was also ganking a lot more and staying ahead in farm.

Yay ranked. That was my promos back to Gold IV. Oh well. 89 lp Gold V again.

Tizoc

Is Elise free rotation atm?
How exactly am I supposed to deal damage using her? I can never get my ahead around these 2 forms ish @_@

Also where is Captain Fortune Rito?

zkylon

zkylewd
Did someone say Teemo buffs?

not sure if it's buffs, sounds like they're trying a gameplay shift by making him less about filling the map with shrooms and more about being annoying in a more immediate distance, by throwing mushrooms around and turning invisible and stuff.

xezuru

Is Elise free rotation atm?
How exactly am I supposed to deal damage using her? I can never get my ahead around these 2 forms ish @_@

Also where is Captain Fortune Rito?

I mean, Q in Human form is enemy Current HP bonus damage and in Spider form it's missing HP Bonus,
so in one rotation you're better off with (assuming you're not using stun and can stick) something like: (Human) Q, AA, W, AA, R, (Spider) W+AA's, save Q for gapclose and getting max damage off lower health, the hard trick to maximize efficiency is that cooldowns are relatively short, so if you know CDs, you can R back to human right when Q or W goes back up to get half of another rotation. (This is super important if it's a semi-long fight and you used your stun at the beginning, you can maximize dps from a full set rotation then keep spider attackspeed, then switch to human right when you have E up to get another bunch.

One trick helps with combo, but imo is cooler and more helpful in the jungle, is that spiders including (human) W jumps to target when you Spider Q, so let's say you're doing Raptors as jungle, you can Human(W) away from the camp, do (human) Q+AA, R, Spider Q the Big Raptor. This will make the explosive (human) W spider jump to the middle of the camp and hit all of them.

Second tip, depending on your situation, you can prioritize a last bit of health or damage, meaning, if you position a bit farther away, you can let your spiderlings tank camps (albeit they die fast and you'll lose a bit of dps) but in some situations it's helpful.

really digging the story stuff as usual

lots of personality injected into tf, graves, gp and mf

these events are always awesome

Close but no cigar.

not sure if it's buffs, sounds like they're trying a gameplay shift by making him less about filling the map with shrooms and more about being annoying in a more immediate distance, by throwing mushrooms around and turning invisible and stuff.

It's definitely going to make him more annoying.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno, to me essentially half as many shrooms on the map already makes teemo a lot less annoying

edit: oh and for the skins remember it's about how htey look from the overhead camera

fiora3compare.jpg

see? much better

clemenx

Banned
Yikes for the 2nd Graves icon I have to actually last hit the tower? :/

I already had an ARAM game fucked thanks to a Maokai in my team who wanted all cs and flamed everyone who took farm and only used the ultimate to farm -_-

I like having rewards for achievements in these events but some people just take it too far.

Yikes for the 2nd Graves icon I have to actually last hit the tower? :/

I already had an ARAM game fucked thanks to a Maokai in my team who wanted all cs and flamed everyone who took farm and only used the ultimate to farm -_-

I like having rewards for achievements in these events but some people just take it too far.
Just play nasus to last hit towers, or 2 shot towers.

I still think they need to address Teemo's on hit. It doesn't make sense to me how he is allowed to do so much damage magic while not having any sort of mana problems.

Though maybe I'm salty because whenever I play against a Teemo the top laner on my team feeds the shit out of him early unless I'm top since I play Quinn 9/10 times. Also I'm salty because his point and click blind is longer than Quinn's.

Okay, I'm a salty Quinn player and I'm annoyed that I can't completely shit on Teemo in lane like other top laners.

I still think they need to address Teemo's on hit. It doesn't make sense to me how he is allowed to do so much damage magic while not having any sort of mana problems.

Though maybe I'm salty because whenever I play against a Teemo the top laner on my team feeds the shit out of him early unless I'm top since I play Quinn 9/10 times. Also I'm salty because his point and click blind is longer than Quinn's.

Okay, I'm a salty Quinn player and I'm annoyed that I can't completely shit on Teemo in lane like other top laners.

I have a great idea for Teemo's on hit.

Ok, ok, ok listen to me. Ok, this is a pretty unique idea. Riot should hire me. So we make it....that Teemo needs to get 3 hits in order to trigger poison. This you know, creates counter-play while limiting teemos power!

I'm a genius :)

Nah it's fine. It's better because it requires Teemo to stay to apply damage. He doesn't really have anything to prevent himself from being blown up. Sure he has Q but it's not as godly as Kayle ult.

patchday

I caught Quinn on sale on a whim last week but really have been enjoying this kit after getting over the difficulty curve.

Man Riot got me tonight. I splurged on that new Corsair Quinn skin it looks so good

Also, feels so good to get a win

hzm7HBM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom