• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
He gets stupid overbearing if he gets ahead and just tears people apart with his laser.

New page, but can't post art because it's too lewd.

Ferga

I really dislike how hard Viktor spikes at 6.

I feel like they need to tone down the base damage of the lightning strikes on his level 1 ult

drawkcaB

Team Builder's been absolute shit lately. Takes forever to get a game going. Riot really needs to just take a stand and get rid of blind normals already.

zkylon

zkylewd
He gets stupid overbearing if he gets ahead and just tears people apart with his laser.

New page, but can't post art because it's too lewd.

pm me ur lewd art

i'll post a janna since instantip is back

zA1eB6yJHYvdXCvL

I really dislike how hard Viktor spikes at 6.

I feel like they need to tone down the base damage of the lightning strikes on his level 1 ult
yea i dunno what they need to change about him

i think he could get a dmg cut on the instant part of his ult

zkylon

zkylewd
it's literally what she wears in-game and it's good art :T

about the icons, i feel like they would be a lot cooler if you didn't have to do them in order. at least not the ones for the same act. it's like, i often play normal games first, then maybe a few arams and call it a night, and now i gotta do the arams first

that's pretty lame

Ferga

Get Ezreal fed beyond comprehension, still does not damage late game.

Ends game going 13/3 and his Qs aren't even breaking shen W.

Why do people pick this champ

jerd

Think I'll try playing some Pantheon jungle tomorrow. Seems like he might be pretty good again now that mega tanks aren't as common

killatopak

Gold Member

Ezreal isn't exactly praised for his late game. IIRC he is the weakest late game adc.

Edit: If he's that fed then there must be a problem or something. What's his item build?

Ferga

Ezreal isn't exactly praised for his late game. IIRC he is the weakest late game adc.

Edit: If he's that fed then there must be a problem or something. What's his item build?

Generic Ezreal no damage build of Botrk, frozen gauntlet, tear and black cleaver.

I silently scream everytime I see frozen gauntlet

Leezard

Generic Ezreal no damage build of Botrk, frozen gauntlet, tear and black cleaver.

But it's so fun to deal no damage!

that build sucks so hard, ezreals should learn that they need to deal damage, not just try to survive.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't like the new announcer much. He keeps yelling and calling my teammates feeders. "Yer ally's feedin' the fishes" or whatever. :(

killatopak

Gold Member
That new UI. Pretty damn confusing at first especially the champ stats. I don't know if this will grow on me but I prefer the old one for now.

....That's literally the same exact build I've been playing recently. ;_;

Granted, I'm still pretty shit at the game, but even if it feels like I don't do damage, the stats at the end of the game reassure me. Plus I find Frozen Gauntlet really helps me stay alive. It's a much safer pick for me than my other ADC, Vayne. I guess I have a knack for playing champs people hate (Yasuo, Vayne, used to play Riven, etc.). Maybe I should buy Jinx.

Well if you have a fed Ezreal and you don't win by mid game that's the entire team's fault to be honest. There's a reason Korea went mid Ezreal with ADC Corki for a good 3 months because they just crush the game at the trinity force power spike (Ez would have trinity + Muramana because mid lane more farm, solo exp etc...).

You just don't build much crit or AS on EZ to be the late game hyper carry like say a Jinx. I mean the build you posted isn't great to start with but I actually can understand what the EZ was trying to do if you had a top lane AD. He could kite, and shred armor so there some thinking in that build. Tear + Frozen gauntlet seems a little repetitive though. Could of just done Muramana and LW or gauntlet and LW + that BC. Now if you had an 4 AP comp + that EZ then that just stupid and he wasn't thinking at all. If you had AD/Jungle top then that build is excusable.

....That's literally the same exact build I've been playing recently. ;_;

Granted, I'm still pretty shit at the game, but even if it feels like I don't do damage, the stats at the end of the game reassure me. Plus I find Frozen Gauntlet really helps me stay alive. It's a much safer pick for me than my other ADC, Vayne. I guess I have a knack for playing champs people hate (Yasuo, Vayne, used to play Riven, etc.). Maybe I should buy Jinx.

Gauntlet is very situational. First thing is they need to have a lot of AD, and their AP isn't a threat to you. Second you have another source of heavy AD damage on your team that you can sacrifice your AD damage for a situational item like Gauntlet. I'm talking like top lane riven, jax, full AD J4, Yasuo, Zed, Fioria, etc... If you go something like Frozen gauntlet when you have like maokai top, gragas jungle and typical AP mid your team is handicapped in the AD department. Other team would just stack MR and you would never kill their front line, while they will eventually melt yours.

Tizoc

I'm thinking of going this Build with Garen:
Youmuu>BF Sword>Tank up
Turn that BF Sword into an Inf. Edge end game and watch as they flee from you when you DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! towards them

Also why is Nashor's ignored a lot?

killatopak

Gold Member
Also why is Nashor's ignored a lot?

AP item with attack speed increase. There's only a few champ that would benefit NT like Teemo for instance or Azir because of his previous passive where CDR mean extra attack speed in conjuction with Nashor's AS increase. There are of course some cases where ad champs would build Nashor's tooth like AP tryndamyr for the cooldown reduction.

They are the minority so it would be rare to see someone use it.

MaxiLive

Naut support is still kind of crazy! I had a great matchup last night in a normal cheese lane vs Panth/Xin bot which usually goes horribly at my elo with the ADC instantly dying over and over again. Luckily with me being Naut with Ignite when Panth/Xin tried their lvl 2 cheese on Ashe they gave me a double kill <3

Spent the rest of lane just standing in front of Ashe and shielding/stunning everytime they tried anything. After killing them again and stopping the multiple ganks happening bot it was roaming time! Which then led to catching/baiting everyone into instant death :D

So much diversity from him in the laning phase and then just becomes a super tank in the mid game. I need some other supports to play as I'm lvl 5 on Leona/Thresh so I need to find someone else to play that is fun in lane. Has the AP supports become more popular now with Zekes and the AP item changes? I might try some Nami or Sona tonight!

Ferga

Well if you have a fed Ezreal and you don't win by mid game that's the entire team's fault to be honest. There's a reason Korea went mid Ezreal with ADC Corki for a good 3 months because they just crush the game at the trinity force power spike (Ez would have trinity + Muramana because mid lane more farm, solo exp etc...).

You just don't build much crit or AS on EZ to be the late game hyper carry like say a Jinx. I mean the build you posted isn't great to start with but I actually can understand what the EZ was trying to do if you had a top lane AD. He could kite, and shred armor so there some thinking in that build. Tear + Frozen gauntlet seems a little repetitive though. Could of just done Muramana and LW or gauntlet and LW + that BC. Now if you had an 4 AP comp + that EZ then that just stupid and he wasn't thinking at all. If you had AD/Jungle top then that build is excusable.

Gauntlet is very situational. First thing is they need to have a lot of AD, and their AP isn't a threat to you. Second you have another source of heavy AD damage on your team that you can sacrifice your AD damage for a situational item like Gauntlet. I'm talking like top lane riven, jax, full AD J4, Yasuo, Zed, Fioria, etc... If you go something like Frozen gauntlet when you have like maokai top, gragas jungle and typical AP mid your team is handicapped in the AD department. Other team would just stack MR and you would never kill their front line, while they will eventually melt yours.

We had a Maokai top. We lacked damage and he last picked ezreal into a team with a weak late game already.

He was struggling to even break shen ult mid game

Blizzard

Banned
Naut support is still kind of crazy! I had a great matchup last night in a normal cheese lane vs Panth/Xin bot which usually goes horribly at my elo with the ADC instantly dying over and over again. Luckily with me being Naut with Ignite when Panth/Xin tried their lvl 2 cheese on Ashe they gave me a double kill <3

Spent the rest of lane just standing in front of Ashe and shielding/stunning everytime they tried anything. After killing them again and stopping the multiple ganks happening bot it was roaming time! Which then led to catching/baiting everyone into instant death :D

So much diversity from him in the laning phase and then just becomes a super tank in the mid game. I need some other supports to play as I'm lvl 5 on Leona/Thresh so I need to find someone else to play that is fun in lane. Has the AP supports become more popular now with Zekes and the AP item changes? I might try some Nami or Sona tonight!
Would it be a good idea to have exhaust especially against double AD like that? I feel like with ignite, the support tends to get the kills which can sometimes handicap the ADC. Good job making it work though!

jerd

Ignite is used to counter heal and lifesteal when possible. The damage on it early is super minimal and you're not very likely to actually take the kill with an ignite tick. Pretty much every aggressive support should have ignite imo.

I guess it's personal preference but you'll probably want ignite over exhaust in like 85% of games unless you're playing like raka

It just adds a lot of kill potential overall basically. Honestly a support getting the kill is better than nobody getting it

MaxiLive

Would it be a good idea to have exhaust especially against double AD like that? I feel like with ignite, the support tends to get the kills which can sometimes handicap the ADC. Good job making it work though!

Ah sorry, I only tend to play normal games so I'm blind what we are going against :p I usually go exhaust but thought I would go with the early agro as my last games have been soooooo passive and ignite would of been useful to help the ADC push a little more for the kill.

But like Jerd says I prefer Ignite for a lot of cases especially in blind normal matches as you have no idea what you are going against as as long as you can shut down the adc exhausts often don't have much use. Plus at my elo even if you exhaust the main threat in a teamfight no one will make use of it -.-

killatopak

Gold Member
Ah sorry, I only tend to play normal games so I'm blind what we are going against :p I usually go exhaust but thought I would go with the early agro as my last games have been soooooo passive and ignite would of been useful to help the ADC push a little more for the kill.

But like Jerd says I prefer Ignite for a lot of cases especially in blind normal matches as you have no idea what you are going against as as long as you can shut down the adc exhausts often don't have much use. Plus at my elo even if you exhaust the main threat in a teamfight no one will make use of it -.-

I actually take exhaust especially when there are assassins on the enemy team like Zed and Riven. Makes their all in pathetic.

Yay S+ again. I knew I won when the first item GP builds is frozen heart.

Ferga

I camp top so hard, me and yasuo manage to get 6 kills in one lane before 10minutes.

And you can guess what happens next.

Yasuo starts to 1v5 and throw away our lead. Fun times.

Easy 20minute surrender game turns into 50minute game where we lose a 7k lead and give the enemy a 9k lead.

Won with me flashing for a 4 man reksai knock up for this dumbass yasuo to press R.

The 3/10 jinx didn't help the cause either

drawkcaB

Ezreal fed beyond comprehension, still does not damage late game. Ends game going 13/3 and his Qs aren't even breaking shen W.

The crazy thing is that, statistically, Ez has the second highest damage output of any ADC. But I'm with you. Numbers be damned Ez hits like a wet noodle come late game.

As far as why people play Ez, it's simple. His end game stats feeds their cognitive dissonance. I went 7/2/6, I can't carry these scrubs when the truth is - as you pointed out - he doomed his team by picking Ez into his comp.

Exhaust isn't something you pick vs. double AD. It's the summoner you take when there's a high burst opponent on the other team (e.g. an assassin) that concerns you. It's 2.5 seconds in duration, the damage reduction is going to impact a champion who's trying to get all their damage out in that time more than a champion who deals their damage over a longer stretch of time.

For the most part enemy bot lane champions don't have the sort of burst during laning phase that would make exhaust necessary, nor does your own ADC have the sort of damage output to take advantage of the armor and MR reduction. Even when the ADC does have burst (Graves, Draven) it's more about the lane being bursty. Graves/Leona might call for Exhaust but Graves/Braum doesn't.

And who gives a fuck if the support gets the kills. Try your best to let him take them, by all means, but don't hold back especially early. If the ADC bitches just put that dumbass on ignore. Fact is that he's still getting gold, he's still getting XP, and the duo is still winning your lane.

Don't take my word for it though. Head on down to champion.gg and check out the support champions win rate differences between exhaust and ignite. Ignite will generally increase win rates by ~1-2%, which is actually more impactful than those small numbers would make you initial think.

Nah rework Yorick Mori.

Honestly, yeah. There's tons of unexplored design space there.

Yeah, Elise is looking silly strong

And back to the permaban list she goes!

I knew she was definitely strong again having spectated about ~6 high MMR matches and not counting the stuff I've seen on twitch and youtube, but I still didn't expect 54%. What's really caught my eye isn't the stun buff which you can definitely feel, don't get me wrong, but it's the changes and buffs to her spiderlings and her passive. In a late game dive her chip damage after landing her burst is really good. I don't recall Elise being to eat away at HP bars like that.

Definitely trying her out this weekend. I was going to anyways, but now I feel I have to before she gets nerfed back again.

zkylon

zkylewd
The crazy thing is that, statistically, Ez has the second highest damage output of any ADC. But I'm with you. Numbers be damned Ez hits like a wet noodle come late game.

As far as why people play Ez, it's simple. His end game stats feeds their cognitive dissonance. I went 7/2/6, I can't carry these scrubs when the truth is - as you pointed out - he doomed his team by picking Ez into his comp.
i mean, i think ppl play ez cos he's fun

to me just autoattacking is super boring, while weaving autoattacks and skillshots and like having mobility and a cool buildpath with trinity force is much more fun that like, playing caitlyn or something

also he deals a lot of damage cos he has like spammable mid-like poke which is uncommon on adcs and usually inflates that number even if you don't do much in teamfights. it's like super easy to constantly throw q's and chip away at ppl and boost up that number even if your damage isn't so high, eventually you're gonna hit the support or the carries and deal a big number.

killatopak

Gold Member
Tahm needs a Totoro skin. Just change his hat into a leaf.

Just finished watching Tonari no Totoro for the first time so I'm fanboying right now.

I wish League could do what Dota has done recently which is to have the couriers be the chocobos from Final Fantasy. A cool colab with another game would be nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
colab with other games would be so awesome

i want a yuka-tan from persona 3 skin for lux

and mitsuru fiora

and akihiko lee sin

and teddy gnar (ok he's from p4 but w/e)

just straight up copy paste the models from the game

give it to me

colab with other games would be so awesome

i want a yuka-tan from persona 3 skin for lux

and mitsuru fiora

and akihiko lee sin

and teddy gnar (ok he's from p4 but w/e)

just straight up copy paste the models from the game

give it to me
I would buy those skins, I just started playing persona 3 a little while back enjoying it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom