• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
MF feels better, though I didn't really play her before. Went IE-Sheen before the game ended.

Honestly surprised that wasn't the standard build before. It fits so well with her kit

zkylon

zkylewd
teemo is a weak character as is, so so what if he's annoying, it's not like these changes are going to make him more viable
he has like 52% winrate (which is pretty high) and everyone hates him, even his own team

i'm guessing these changes are a nerf, but maybe they can buff him somewhere else thanks to this

it's impossible to balance a champion that can take out like 40% of your health with something he randomly planted like 8 minutes ago

and you always have to scrutinize a company like riot. you give them an inch they'll take a mile and try to make a buck off it.
all companies are like that

and riot is like the most player friendly company i've ever seen, even if they do really dumb shit like chromas you're still ridiculous because of how humble and open to feedback they are in comparison to most game companies

Dude global rockets like jinx but the slow and poison the target. And lastly they are on the same cool down like what they are now.

what if he shot mushroom missiles out of his backpack or something

and you selected the area where they land. If an enemy is there, they detonate causing damage to however many mushrooms you saved up(so the basic mushroom damagex3). If there's nobody there, they land safely and plant themselves in like, a little triangular spread in the area you launched them at.

In order to stop it from being op, they need to be shot from a certain distance(IE you can't shoot them within 1000 range), that way you need skill in order to land it.

It'd be amazing and fun. More fun than whatever they're planning.

all companies are like that

and riot is like the most player friendly company i've ever seen, even if they do really dumb shit like chromas you're still ridiculous because of how humble and open to feedback they are in comparison to most game companies

and yet one of reddits #1 complaints and the #1 thing Riot keeps saying is that they need to be more transparent

I mean, I'm not reddit or anything, but they got a point. Alot of people don't like chromas, people went ahead with it

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just nerf the shit out of the mushrooms and make his damage front-loaded with the q

Make him less annoying and easier to balance

zkylon

zkylewd
and yet one of reddits #1 complaints and the #1 thing Riot keeps saying is that they need to be more transparent

I mean, I'm not reddit or anything, but they got a point. Alot of people don't like chromas, people went ahead with it
reddit is actually a really good example of how shitty communities can be

people on reddit were actually asking for the old map to stay and whining about jungle timers. they literally complain about everything all the fucking time, it's the whiniest most-negative community i've ever seen, and most of the time it's flat out dumb stuff that makes no sense

chromas sucked but there's the business side of it. a lot of other things get changed thanks to feedback and on other things ppl need to be told to shut up because they're idiots (like the new map or jungle timers).

i've never seen developers so openly say "we fucked up" and change directions based on feedback and player interest.

sometimes they see a really big push against an idea from the community like with the lee sin rework, and they go "ok maybe wait a bit" and they pull it and think about it some more. sometimes they try to give players what they want like with devourer, and turns out what players want is dumb and shouldn't be in the game so they remove it. they try to give players what they want (trinkets) and they try to figure out ways to improve the game that players haven't thought of (like the jungle changes this season), sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

but all of reddit cares about is taking twitter responses out of context or whatever and finding new shit to whine about

reddit is actually a really good example of how shitty communities can be

people on reddit were actually asking for the old map to stay and whining about jungle timers. they literally complain about everything all the fucking time, it's the whiniest most-negative community i've ever seen, and most of the time it's flat out dumb stuff that makes no sense

chromas sucked but there's the business side of it. a lot of other things get changed thanks to feedback and on other things ppl need to be told to shut up because they're idiots (like the new map or jungle timers).

i've never seen developers so openly say "we fucked up" and change directions based on feedback and player motivation.

sometimes they see a really big push from the community like with the lee sin rework, and they go "ok maybe wait a bit" and they pull it and think about it some more. sometimes they try to give players what they want like with devourer, and turns out what players want is dumb and shouldn't be in the game

but all of reddit cares about is taking twitter responses out of context or whatever and finding new shit to whine about

well atleast we agree that reddit sucks, I just used them as an example. granted half of reddit is waiting to fondangle riots crotch, the other half is out to get noticed, and the last half of reddit complains. Me I give no quarter, always go full measure, always scrutinize riot. IT'S JUST HOW I AM, RIOT HAS FAILED ME TOO MANY TIMES.

the problem is that you're not even judging what they do anymore

you just declare everything as bad

oh I'm judging what they do. when the fiora rework came out i juddged the shit out of it

the teemo 'changes' are out, and whilst it's a buff for mushy placement, it's an overall nerf because of their decreased time

there are some good things, like the MF and GP kit changes

I haven't even talked negatively about the new set of skins

zkylon you're just confirming bias

it makes me feel sad

I was going to share this picture with you but now I won't
qv80ecC.jpg

I always thought riot as a company to be nice. When ever things break they try to fix it as quick as possible. Always adding new things and having events. They also like to experiment, like adding choma packs, the talk about the new hats and emotes. They listen the community and of course people are going to be angry about change, some people love to just be angry.

jerd

well atleast we agree that reddit sucks, I just used them as an example. granted half of reddit is waiting to fondangle riots crotch, the other half is out to get noticed, and the last half of reddit complains. Me I give no quarter, always go full measure, always scrutinize riot. IT'S JUST HOW I AM, RIOT HAS FAILED ME TOO MANY TIMES.

What? I actually don't have to go to reddit anymore bc i just kinda assume you're our resident redditor. Like 80% of your posts are straight from reddit

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Coming from Starcraft 2 people complain waaaay too much. You want to see real incompetence from a company? Look at Blizzard. They were on top of the esports scene and were riding starcraft 2 massive surge in popularity when it was first released and literally just let it all slip through their hands. Even Valve isn't perfect with their games.

They never listened to the community, made awful balance changes that made zero sense, and pretty much let their game die a slow agonizing death because they're too slow and stubborn to adapt.

Riot isn't perfect but they are faaaar from the worst when it comes to this sort of thing. We're missing good stuff like a decent client, functioning replays, and we have a terrible IP/RP system for newer players but at least the core game is strong.

zkylon

zkylewd
cool upgrades on pbe

better cd indicators
45353543534534543.jpg

bigger, clearer fonts everywhere
example1.png

also big nerf to sivir

Sivir
On the Hunt (R)
Initial movement speed lowered to 30/45/60% from 60% at all ranks
Range reduced to 900 from 1000

and some changes i don't understand to nidalee
Nidalee
Prowl (Passive) duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4.
Javelin Toss (Human Q) damage reduced to 50/70/90/110/130 from 50/75/100/125/150
[Note: This reduces the maximum damage to 150/210/270/330/390 from 150/225/300/375/450]

Coming from Starcraft 2 people complain waaaay too much. You want to see real incompetence from a company? Look at Blizzard. They were on top of the esports scene and were riding starcraft 2 massive surge in popularity when it was first released and literally just let it all slip through their hands. Even Valve isn't perfect with their games.

They never listened to the community, made awful balance changes that made zero sense, and pretty much let their game die a slow agonizing death because they're too slow and stubborn to adapt.

Riot isn't perfect but they are faaaar from the worst when it comes to this sort of thing. We're missing good stuff like a decent client, functioning replays, and we have a terrible IP/RP system for newer players but at least the core game is strong.
ur forgetting the diablo 3 auction house which actually destroyed the game's economy.

patchday

so I practiced jungle twice alone with custom bots. Did it in a normal SR for first time. We lost as expected but I had fun with Vi in the jungle. got some easy ganks since no one is looking for the jungler and ppl dont ward

zkylon

zkylewd
also now u can pick up wards in an awkward looking menu in champ select

2.jpg

i wish they cut the prices of wards or at least put them on sale or something

640 for wards is like super excessive

at like 400 i think i'd probably buy a few

Kenai

teemo is a weak character as is, so so what if he's annoying, it's not like these changes are going to make him more viable

and you always have to scrutinize a company like riot. you give them an inch they'll take a mile and try to make a buck off it.

He's weak per-se but he hard counters quite a few characters toplane and is fairly simple to use. IIRC his winrate isn't really bad and if he is still "weak" after this they may buff him anyway.

This change is a nerf to his current playstyle for sure but it makes him more viable imo. Having to worry about shrooms being set in the middle of a teamfight will be a fairly big deal since Teemo will be placing them from relative safety now and people have to watch out for them and kill them with everything else going on at the same time..

MF feels better, though I didn't really play her before. Went IE-Sheen before the game ended.

Honestly surprised that wasn't the standard build before. It fits so well with her kit

She is pretty spammy so she can make decent use of TF and also her ult applys Cleaver stacks for physical teammates to use so she actually has a few options available depending on current item strength/changes. There's even an AP build (though I wouldn't recommend it).

Still wish her E was either cheaper or scaled with AD but MF definitely feels solid now. Hope it stays that way.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if the elise buffs were really that massive or she was just pretty decent last patch too and these ones being more flashy just pushed more people to try her

it's probably the buffs being massive but i always wonder about those things

it's the weirdness of winrate, like, her winrate jumped a lot but so did her playrate, so maybe there's something there too, considering her winrate had jumped quite a bit too last patch

i wonder if the elise buffs were really that massive or she was just pretty decent last patch too and these ones being more flashy just pushed more people to try her

it's probably the buffs being massive but i always wonder about those things

it's the weirdness of winrate, like, her winrate jumped a lot but so did her playrate, so maybe there's something there too, considering her winrate had jumped quite a bit too last patch

the better stun means that she's a much better ganker early on, and the fix on her glitched rappel/spider action means that she is well...glitch fixed. Also her spiders do magic damage now which means they benefit from Mpen.

23qwerty

yeah winrate is super weird, like when vlad's playrate and winrate plummeted because of a nerf that never actually went through

placebos man...

but yeah elise buffs are pretty big

patchday

oh sweet won my second match as Jungler.

also now u can pick up wards in an awkward looking menu in champ select

2.jpg

i wish they cut the prices of wards or at least put them on sale or something

640 for wards is like super excessive

at like 400 i think i'd probably buy a few

huh I didnt know we could change the looks of wards. o_O

zkylon

zkylewd
the better stun means that she's a much better ganker early on, and the fix on her glitched rappel/spider action means that she is well...glitch fixed. Also her spiders do magic damage now which means they benefit from Mpen.
yeah winrate is super weird, like when vlad's playrate and winrate plummeted because of a nerf that never actually went through

placebos man...

but yeah elise buffs are pretty big
yeah it's a pretty big buff, but i think 54% is like the highest elise has ever gotten and it's like a really big number for an early game jungler overall

like even when she was most op she didn't have such a high winrate

that's kind of why i think probably the earlier buffs and runeglaive as a whole benefitted her more than maybe it was suspected

like these are pretty big buffs but the jump is imo too huge to be attributed only to that

huh I didnt know we could change the looks of wards. o_O
yea you can buy new wards in the shop and you get a special free ward each season if you reach gold+ in ranked and another ward that "levels" up as you win games with your ranked 5s team

killatopak

Gold Member
Guys, how many rune pages do you have?

I have only the initial 2 and I feel that is what's limiting me from my roles. I only have the generic AD quints with cdr per level blues rune page and the normal AP quints mpen red runepage.

I'm basically a top or support guy and any other roles turn me off because of my runes. Sometimes even champions that rely on AS(like every adc), even though I like them, doesn't get much play time from me due to my runes.

I do buy champs left and right though. Like just yesterday I bought around 3 champs because I had a free 1 day IP boost. Should I stick to buying champs I'm interested in or should I save up for rune pages and runes. I know that realistically buying a few rune pages and runes would help me but they're just so damn expensive and I just want opinions from you guys in higher elo.

A friend of mine said I don't need may rune pages yet but every guide that I watch features specific rune set for each champ and each situation. I don't think I can get that even with max rune pages (I assume it's 20 like masteries) that's why I'm holding back in buying myself.

RIOT I WANT YOU TO MAKE EDITING RUNE PAGES AT CHAMP SELECT POSSIBLE.

The big question would be is would I get better if I buy more runes/rune pages?

disclaimer: I'm still new at lol, at least I consider myself to be, and I'm still feeling up and testing the waters of each champ and role.

yeah it's a pretty big buff, but i think 54% is like the highest elise has ever gotten and it's like a really big number for an early game jungler overall

like even when she was most op she didn't have such a high winrate

that's kind of why i think probably the earlier buffs and runeglaive as a whole benefitted her more than maybe it was suspected

like these are pretty big buffs but the jump is imo too huge to be attributed only to that

It seems that the go to build is Liandry's, Cinderhulk, Void Staff, and then defensive items

I'm going to go on a limb and say that Liandry's is a huuuuge buff to her because of the AP. Some popular builds also include Rylais which again, has a good amount of AP.

So I think in combination with her glitch fixes as well as the buff to these tanky AP items has benefited alot more. Especially the glitch fix.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm at 14 right now (7 for ap mids, 2 ad mids, 1 for sion, 1 for adc and 3 support), tho i often use the same few. i could use a bunch more pages but tbh i could just remove the useless ones from mid and oose those. i also don't have any jungling runes cos i never jungle :p

i don't think having these many is that useful but def you want like 8 or so at one point. you can probably survive with 4: ap, ad, something supporty and something for junglers
so something like
ap: ap quints, mpen reds, armor yellows, mr blues
ad: attack speed quints, ad reds, armor yellows, mr blues
support: armor quints, mpen reds, armor yellows, mr blues
jungle: probably something like ad, i duno, i don't jungle :T

i do scaling hp for yellows and scaling cdr/ap for blues on ap but those are much more expensive runes so if you're starting out it's better to just get the runes that you can reuse over many pages. besides, mr blues and armor yellows are pretty useful mid too.

you can start with ap and ad since those can be used pretty much everywhere and move on from there.

there are 2x1 runepage sales every now and then which u should take advantage to get some more pages a few at a time. the runepage pack i guess it's good value but i think u can survive without it

It seems that the go to build is Liandry's, Cinderhulk, Void Staff, and then defensive items

I'm going to go on a limb and say that Liandry's is a huuuuge buff to her because of the AP. Some popular builds also include Rylais which again, has a good amount of AP.

So I think in combination with her glitch fixes as well as the buff to these tanky AP items has benefited alot more. Especially the glitch fix.
yeah definitely that too

also maybe the meta shifting a bit from tanks to more squishy junglers thanks to devourer gave her a better place?

dunno, but i've been feeling like playing her mid or top again. her waveclear is still pretty trash i guess but something like roa+nashors+rylais sounds pretty stupid in a fun way lol

i know spiderlings don't proc nashors but still they benefit from attack speed right?

jerd

I have only the initial 2 and I feel that is what's limiting me from my roles. I only have the generic AD quints with cdr per level blues rune page and the normal AP quints mpen red runepage.

I'm basically a top or support guy and any other roles turn me off because of my runes. Sometimes even champions that rely on AS(like every adc), even though I like them, doesn't get much play time from me due to my runes.

I do buy champs left and right though. Like just yesterday I bought around 3 champs because I had a free 1 day IP boost. Should I stick to buying champs I'm interested in or should I save up for rune pages and runes. I know that realistically buying a few rune pages and runes would help me but they're just so damn expensive and I just want opinions from you guys in higher elo.

A friend of mine said I don't need may rune pages yet but every guide that I watch features specific rune set for each champ and each situation. I don't think I can get that even with max rune pages (I assume it's 20 like masteries) that's why I'm holding back in buying myself.

disclaimer: I'm still new at lol, at least I consider myself to be, and I'm still feeling up and testing the waters of each champ and role.

I have 17 but only use 5 I'd say. I only have so many bc there was a crazy rune page bundle salesale when they did the 10k free RP amex card and now rune pages are pretty much the only thing i have to spend ip on. 3 for your main role and a couple of flex should be plenty

zkylon

zkylewd
Spiderlings don't get bonus attack speed from her items

really? lame, thought i had struck gold with my perfect roa+nashors+rylais build lol

guess something like guise into ludens might be ok, tho i guess i might as well play someone more fun midlane instead lol

I think I only had three main pages on my LOLPH account (AD/AP/ASPD). The rest were gimmicky. I had a ton of masteries though. I can't really remember but you can lookup my account (same as my GAF name). AP/Support/Tank can share the same page.

jerd

If you're moderately comfortable with the masteries I'd recommend getting in the habit of making your page in champ select. It's def not mandatory but it's good to think about what you're putting points into and how it actually benefits the champ you are playing. Especially if you're playing draft and going 21 in defense there are TONS of customization options that may give you an edge in certain situations

killatopak

Gold Member
Wow thanks guys. I'll definitely follow the advice.

Wolf Akela. Unfortunately, I don't think I can look up your masteries and rune pages because PH's lol client is so garbo that it only shows the mastery and rune page that you used last. I haven't checked if friends can see all of them though.

There's also no 3rd party websites that I can use because Garena, the company who manages lol locally,doesn't allow them.

It's also the reason I can't share replays and show my super awesome plays.

--
About the defensive tree, tenacious is always preferred right?

Wat. Was that a recent change? I remember laughing at one of my enemy rune pages which had nothing but flat AP.

And yeah Garena sucks. LegendsAsia used to be our lolking but that went offline early this year.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wait I checked just now and what I said before was just a bug I think. Phew. They should fix that along with checking the profile of somebody and then switching to another one's make you look at the stats of the previous guys with the new one's name.

I like your doge rune page with one crit chance red.

You don't play anymore? Last game was back in march.

23qwerty

is this the way it is with the jungle? Seems like I'm behind the team in levels unless I pull off some good ganks

You should be about on par with bot lane, but the solo lanes should be about level ahead.

Refunding and rebuying Varus fixed the problem.. weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom