• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
maybe sort of, but i have serious doubts that the tradeoff of having a giant screen at 60hz is going to be worth having a smaller one at a better refresh rate. i've kinda gone into this blind

I have a 144hz monitor but I can't get league over 60fps. I remember playing cs go with a 60hz monitor then changing to a 144hz it made a world of difference.

What setting do I need to mess with to get it up there?

I have a 144hz monitor but I can't get league over 60fps. I remember playing cs go with a 60hz monitor then changing to a 144hz it made a world of difference.

Sounds like an issue with your driver being frame limited to 60Hz. Either that or the in-game limiter is active?

I'm currently playing on an Intel HD4000 - but the character inking is the biggest drain on FPS for me by far.

garath

Oh boy. Let's see how this game goes. Have a mid Yasuo named "Number One Yasuo".

Did you turn off the in game frame limiting? It's in the options.

garath

The number one Yasuo did ok. It was the rest of the team that didn't do so hot, including myself. It seems like I can never get my pref roles in ranked for some reason unless I'm first pick.

Anyone here play Dota 2 and League? I'm curious the opinions of those who have touched both what led you to choose (I assume) League over Dota?

I'm going to watch the Dota 2 Championship tonight, but watching first videos and it looks kinda fun.

killatopak

Gold Member
I play both.

Just go with your friends. That's what I did. Now I kinda regret it because they're all plat and I'm the only gold. The boasting gets ridiculous. They keep saying sorry plat only as a joke.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lol, Plat is just a darker shade of Silver.

zkylon

zkylewd
qfrxXFy.jpg

cuteness for everybody!

killatopak

Gold Member
swain can do all of that and his cc has damage and is instant

man, scared players too afraid to be cool

not fast enough. Early on his waveclear is subpar because of mana. I think Swain is inferior in most aspects but makes up with his ridiculous sustain due to his ult and passive.

Viktor with 2 doran's ring and a hex upgrade can typically delete a single wave. I see most players do this and start roaming.

zkylon

zkylewd
swain's pretty decent except for the fact he's ugly and boring

not fast enough. Early on his waveclear is subpar because of mana. I think Swain is inferior in most aspects but makes up with his ridiculous sustain due to his ult and passive.

Viktor with 2 doran's ring and a hex upgrade can typically delete a single wave. I see most players do this and start roaming.
two dorans is not so great on vik as he's already scrapping for item slots since hexcore takes one space

i generally just double upgrade hexcore and then deathcap/zhonyas/abyssal/morellos depending on matchup

Give it up man, swain's garbage right now

I admitted that months ago and look at me now!

fracas how could you

I

I just can't anymore

Not instantly and at like 800+ range

Shouldn't Swain be pretty decent with the AP item changes?

he's amazing

and his CC is at like 900 range. I think they just need some time to settle in. Sure Viktor has like a .5 silence with his ult, but Swain has sustain and constant damage yo.

They need to give Swain a crow item, like Viktors special item

except he can send his crow wherever

and then teleport to his crow

TomShoe

Banned
Finished 2 tests today, time to shower and play some League.

The number one Yasuo did ok. It was the rest of the team that didn't do so hot, including myself. It seems like I can never get my pref roles in ranked for some reason unless I'm first pick.

IF your pref role is mid, you're gonna have a bad time in ranked. I don't even own any good mid champions. My best mid-laner is Annie for christ's sake. That's how fast it's always called.

Saprol

Anyone here play Dota 2 and League? I'm curious the opinions of those who have touched both what led you to choose (I assume) League over Dota?

I'm going to watch the Dota 2 Championship tonight, but watching first videos and it looks kinda fun.
i play both because earthshaker is the greatest champ hero ever

he's amazing

and his CC is at like 900 range. I think they just need some time to settle in. Sure Viktor has like a .5 silence with his ult, but Swain has sustain and constant damage yo.
Wasn't talking about the CC but the poke / wave clear

Also Viktor has constant damage as well, his CDs are stupid short for the type of damage he brings.
He's better than he used to be, but compared to meta mids like Viktor or Azir he's not great
Those guys are stupid. Compare him to normal people like Ori
I buy the best skins.

most of the time.
If by most of the time you mean "Bandit Sivir" then yes

I've played a healthy amount of both, Heroes of the Storm, and HoN. And Smite.

League is fun and simpler than DotA to pick up. But there is something about DotA 2 that makes it feel fresher than League. League is very set in its meta, and it's very set in which champions are picked out during the tournaments.

Smite is different. It's ok. Not my cup of tea.

HoN was a disaster. It looked bad, and it was just so damn edgy.

Heroes of the Storm is my current 'go-to' game. Simple to pick up, don't have to spend alot of time in matches so it's very good for when you don't have alotta time.

I'd rank them-
HotS>League>DotA

Also Viktor has constant damage as well, his CDs are stupid short for the type of damage he brings.

Those guys are stupid. Compare him to normal people like Ori

If by most of the time you mean "Bandit Sivir" then yes

Swains time is nigh, I feel it in my bones

garath

Finished 2 tests today, time to shower and play some League.

IF your pref role is mid, you're gonna have a bad time in ranked. I don't even own any good mid champions. My best mid-laner is Annie for christ's sake. That's how fast it's always called.

Nah. Jungle with adc a distant second. But I say it and no one else says anything then just locks in jungle and adc. I think I've played more support and top than jungle and adc this season. (Well maybe not but it feels like it). Normals I get it all the time. Dunno.

Calvero

Banned
I've played a healthy amount of both, Heroes of the Storm, and HoN. And Smite.

League is fun and simpler than DotA to pick up. But there is something about DotA 2 that makes it feel fresher than League. League is very set in its meta, and it's very set in which champions are picked out during the tournaments.

Smite is different. It's ok. Not my cup of tea.

HoN was a disaster. It looked bad, and it was just so damn edgy.

Heroes of the Storm is my current 'go-to' game. Simple to pick up, don't have to spend alot of time in matches so it's very good for when you don't have alotta time.

I'd rank them-
HotS>League>DotA

Swains time is nigh, I feel it in my bones

gonna have to try this

zkylon

zkylewd
They should like delete every skin that isn't Tyrant
i just don't like his design overall, for a villain he's so boring to look at

like compare him to like thresh or tahm or whatever

now those are fun looking dudes

i duno i never had much issue getting mid in ranked

also annie's really good mid

vik probably needs to have some ratio nerfs to reduce his snowballing and make his dmg be more sustained than burst

so fun to play tho, really good mix of interesting spells with fun mechanics: speed up on q, zoning/predicting with w, weirdo targeting on e and also super enjoyable laser sfx, moving your ult around, and his unique item thing, his rework tweaked him just enough to make him such a fun champion

TomShoe

Banned
6 poppy skins and 4 are unavailable. riot please.

i need lollipoppy to induce nightmares. goth annie is locked too. :(

>Not buying Sweetheart or Reverse Annie

Reprimanded for poor taste.

i duno i never had much issue getting mid in ranked

also annie's really good mid

Annie is a great mid-laner especially in SoloQ, but she's my only mid-laner unless you count AP Trist. Still, she's great for face-bursting in medium to low Elo. No one ever brings cleanse or buys Banshee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom