• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
vik probably needs to have some ratio nerfs to reduce his snowballing and make his dmg be more sustained than burst

so fun to play tho, really good mix of interesting spells with fun mechanics: speed up on q, zoning/predicting with w, weirdo targeting on e and also super enjoyable laser sfx, moving your ult around, and his unique item thing, his rework tweaked him just enough to make him such a fun champion
I actually love Viktor, his kit and design are really cool, it's just that he's too strong and he's becoming more common thanks to competitive play, and if I get hit by the second hit on that fucking E after dodging the laser one more time
>sweetheart annie because we couldn't call her heartseeker annie without getting in trouble
It's a Shirley Temple reference you bloody casul

zkylon

zkylewd
reverse annie is such a good skin

Annie is a great mid-laner especially in SoloQ, but she's my only mid-laner unless you count AP Trist. Still, she's great for face-bursting in medium to low Elo. No one ever brings cleanse or buys Banshee's.
ap trist doesn't exist anymore i think? i forget

anyways annie's pretty good since it's hard to mess up mashing all the buttons on the first person you see and she doesn't have like really punishing mechanics or skillshots or whatever, so you can just play her if you don't know how to mid and do pretty well

it's not like syndra that you like miss your e and you're instantly dead

he isn't a villain

Swain did NOTHING wrong
he's a villain-esque character would you agree

I actually love Viktor, his kit and design are really cool, it's just that he's too strong and he's becoming more common thanks to competitive play, and if I get hit by the second hit on that fucking E after dodging the laser one more time

i think ratio nerfs would be good way to tone him down while still rewarding his relatively low range, tho i dunno how his numbers tuning exactly works considering his passive makes him have more ap than normal mids

How is Swain's CC instant? How can anyone think Swain burst/waveclear is anywhere near what Viktor can do?

clear is overrated as long as you know how to last hit. Swain has the freedom to harass and to wait until the minions are low in order to last hit, especially in games where everything is warded most of the time.

he's a villain-esque character would you agree

only because of the nasty propaganda valoran has put out against him

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
clear is overrated as long as you know how to last hit. Swain has the freedom to harass and to wait until the minions are low in order to last hit, especially in games where everything is warded most of the time.
not if you ever intend to leave your lane without using teleport.

You don't last hit a wave in order to roam or to push or to siege or counter sieges or anything important a mid laner needs to do with wave control.

killatopak

Gold Member
Even if I get to challenger I won't be able to play with you guys. :(

I dream of a unified server with no lag.

--
Since we're talking about how swain and his lore. How consistent is League's lore? I wanted to read it for some time now.

Even if I get to challenger I won't be able to play with you guys. :(

I dream of a unified server with no lag.

--
Since we're talking about how swain and his lore. How consistent is League's lore? I wanted to read it for some time now.

Swains lore is pretty awesome.

He's part of the Black Rose and one of Noxus' highest commanders. He was in cahoots with Draven and Darius to overthrow the current King(?) of Noxus. That was actually one of the last few journals of justice released, it was a sort of backdoor intro to his 'Tyrant Swain' skin and the reason he has a Tyrant skin.

Swain is so damn badass.

zkylon

zkylewd
waveclear is like top 2 most important things midlane, when you're up against azir with blue buff you can't just last hit lol

only because of the nasty propaganda valoran has put out against him

you mean demacia?

it's pretty bad

newer stuff like shurima and bilgewater have been pretty cool, but the story is pretty much random nonsense

the bios are hilarious

miss fortune's old bio mentions her joining the league to learn about her mother's killer but her mother's not even mentioned once except there lol

TomShoe

Banned
I should pick up Shen again. He used to be ass, now I can just farm and split push my way to victory.

>sweetheart annie because we couldn't call her heartseeker annie without getting in trouble

Mr.T-LOL.gif

reverse annie is such a good skin

anyways annie's pretty good since it's hard to mess up mashing all the buttons on the first person you see and she doesn't have like really punishing mechanics or skillshots or whatever, so you can just play her if you don't know how to mid and do pretty well

I might pick up Ziggs or Kayle, they're both pretty safe picks.

Ignore anything lore-related before the Freijlord patch aside from some character shipping because Riot has been rebooting the lore for a couple years now.

waveclear is like top 2 most important things midlane, when you're up against azir with blue buff you can't just last hit lol

then why are you even comparing him to viktor if you play him top?

I'm at a war against mid laners

Swain now and forever

This sounds like what I would hear in champ select. Then later in the game we would never be able to stop a push, and I would just think back on our team comp and laugh to myself.

Swain does have clear though

He clears champions

TomShoe

Banned
Is it true they're changing Shen's Q into a skill-shot? That's crazy. We need at least some targeted abilities in League to counter the increased mobility that's running rampant. I don't mind mobility creep, but don't take away my targeted shots.

I can start, just give me a hot button issue in League and/or riot games right now

Gnar ain't got shit on him

is talking about dota 2 and monitors shitposting?

Come on guys I don't wanna break the streak.

killatopak

Gold Member
oh praise riot shyvana so strong and there's no one who uses her in my elo.

Free elo yay!

The guys here are so slow they're still at the sej gragas meta.

zkylon

zkylewd
EEF0E6054ACA3D5CADAC621F06E3A98D043D06C1

i tried this build, but i still think liandrys kind of sucks. i was gonna trade ludens for deathcap later, but i feel like it's just not that great of an item, at least in comparison to other things it'd compete with like rylais or ludens or zhonyas.

also luden's still feels great on syndra

Ferga

Man, something very evil clicked in me last night.

This yi jungle came top to countergank. I die from it but he gets the kill. He proceeds to take 4 waves of cs from me and freezes the lane in front of their turret vs singed even though I specifically told him I was tping in to get the wave.

I ping to take his golems. I'm half way through them but he comes after screwing up the wave to alpha strike and smite it.

I decided right there, I was going to subtlety feed on purpose.

I didn't even feel bad.

Newt

This yi jungle came top to countergank. I die from it but he gets the kill. He proceeds to take 4 waves of cs from me and freezes the lane in front of their turret vs singed even though I specifically told him I was tping in to get the wave.

I ping to take his golems. I'm half way through them but he comes after screwing up the wave to alpha strike and smite it.

I didn't even feel bad.
I know man, it's the most satisfying thing ever. Make them suffer.

zkylon

zkylewd
fed the hardest i have in a long time lol

viktor is not very much fun against a good righteous glory mao and pantheon followed by a katarina

Bacon

Man azir is a rad fucking champion. I've been too scared to try him because I always heard about how hard he was to use properly but I recently tried him and...damn.

He has so many tools in his kit it's ridiculous. I feel like the hardest thing to master is when to use his dash, which surprised me.

It also seems like he has a lot of build variety. I have rushed three different items in the three games I've played with him so far depending on how I the game was going and who I was playing against.

Just an awesome champion overall, I don't know if I'll ever use another mid lane champion :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I didn't even feel bad.

This is Rex's final form. Ranked has finally consumed him and he has gone from honest try hard to Newt level troll.

RIP.

killatopak

Gold Member
I hate quitters especially when you're doing good in your lane and another lane just rage quits because he fed. Dammit. Then my team mates spam ff after someone quits. ugh. Should have at least tried instead of giving up.

Edit: First time I played graves outside of AI and used his pool party skin. Something's weird about his Q. There are times that I thought it wouldn't hit but then it would. The visual particles seems to be short of the actual hit box of his Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom