• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
the only way I could see it be somewhat strong is if a team had mostly tanks and you just went full AD nuke or some shit

even then like why not just go with a good devourer jungle like yi or shyv

jerd

And warrior is practically designed for vi. She gets such a huge spike from every stat I have no idea why you'd sacrifice her great early game...

"But dem W procs" i guess is the entire thought process

And warrior is practically designed for vi. She gets such a huge spike from every stat I have no idea why you'd sacrifice her great early game...

"But dem W procs" i guess is the entire thought process
Yeah people love doing things like that, they are probably the same people that play vayne jungle.

Nekofrog

Banned
i lost to a devourer vi last night in a close game when our leona had been spamming surrender votes, ragequit in the middle of the game for 10 minutes, then in a 3v2 game ending push she said "nah you don't deserve to win" and backed out when we were like 5 autos from finishing the last nexus tower vs a support and their toplaner :(

zkylon

zkylewd
on pbe

sivir nerfs changed:
On The Hunt ( ! ) movement speed increased to 40/50/60% from 30/45/60%
[NOTE: Still a nerf vs live. The current live value is currently 60% at all ranks]
On The Hunt (R) cast range reverted back to 1000 from 900
On The Hunt (R) [removed effect] "Allies that join the hunt later on will only receive a 20% Movement Speed bonus for the rest of On The Hunt's duration."

also tank ekko nerfs:
Parellel Convergence (W) shield changed to 80/100/120/140/160 (1.5 AP) from 150/195/240/285/330 (.8 AP)
Chronobreak (R) heal reduced to 20% of damage taken over last 4 seconds from 20/25/30%
Chronobreak (R) heal AP ratio increased to .06 from .03

unsure what this means for assassin ekko

also some shitty cassiopeia chromas

stop

Swain is perfect ok

Maybe replace his W with a dash that snares on impact whilst transforming him into his crow form

There he's perfect
swain is dumb

Just played with a devourer Vi. Was hoping you were wrong zky but i guess people are trying to make it a thing. It was so bad. She went devourer triforce and just died as soon as she ulted in and did no damage
yea sadly seems to be something that's catching up

zkylon

zkylewd
not really, i don't play crappy champions regardless of gender

i don't play akali or katarina and think they belong in the garbage like malzahar

jerd

Fucking tank ekko nerfs are you serious?? Dammmm

I've been having so much fun with it :-/

Yeah people love doing things like that, they are probably the same people that play vayne jungle.

yea sadly seems to be something that's catching up

She also only did 8k damage and never got sated in a 30 minute game. Still wanted to gank a lot obviously bc you're playing vi but oh shit my ult is never up and even when it is I don't do damage oops

Glad to see Riot is dialing back on the Sivir nerfs

If you want to actually nerf her then give competitive players a reason to actually play the first 10 minutes of the game so her weak laning can be abused instead of just gutting her

zkylon

zkylewd
Fucking tank ekko nerfs are you serious?? Dammmm

I've been having so much fun with it :-/
sadly i feel like ekko is one of those instances in which him being able to be played in a different position is not so great

She also only did 8k damage and never got sated in a 30 minute game. Still wanted to gank a lot obviously bc you're playing vi but oh shit my ult is never up and even when it is I don't do damage oops
i think it's not quite THAT bad cos i've had friends play her like that and do really well but it's kind of very much against what the champion's supposed to be about

Glad to see Riot is dialing back on the Sivir nerfs

If you want to actually nerf her then give competitive players a reason to actually play the first 10 minutes of the game so her weak laning can be abused instead of just gutting her

yeah, i wonder how they could do that?

maybe really buffing the first dragon? tho that could be snowbally as hell

jerd

sadly i feel like ekko is one of those instances in which him being able to be played in a different position is not so great

Yea i almost feel bad playing it bc it's super dumb but i wouldn't be surprised if it still works OK after these nerfs

[Lucian continues to cry in a corner]

I think we can officially say Riot is racist for putting down Lucian and leaving him in that corner. It's systemic racism all over again. 'But Lucian can be good! You just aren't trying! I mean there's like 10 other ADCs that outperform him with their built-in advantages, but it's not their fault! You just have to get better Lucian!'

I'm being facetious.

Nekofrog

Banned
you better be facetious. i will never let a lucian buff discussion pass without reminding you all that lucian was 100% pickban for nearly an entire year (actually maybe more than that)

i never want to see his stupid face in any game ever again.

you better be facetious. i will never let a lucian buff discussion pass without reminding you all that lucian was 100% pickban for nearly an entire year (actually maybe more than that)

the white man giveth

and the white man taketh

Lucian has suffered enough.

#JusticeforLucian

TomShoe

Banned
Riot just loooooooooooves nerfing all the black champs don't they.

As a member of the Black community, I frown upon their shenanigans.

did babby get culled

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm guessing Tristana's next to get the nerf bat

No one in LCS played her during the age of Jinx so Riot gave her some buffs and now people are starting to catch on

Lucian can be total shit but we can't have the good ADCs

I'm just a salty ADC player

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe finally Riot will buff will buff the other ADCs instead of taking off the top of the totem pole and sticking it in the bottom

rito pls buff an entire class pls so i can complain about power creep some more tyty

Yea i almost feel bad playing it bc it's super dumb but i wouldn't be surprised if it still works OK after these nerfs
i dunno, they're pretty big nerfs. like half the bases on shield and ult heal

yeah i think lucy is probably gonna be one of those cases of cool design and everything but we all just got so fucking tired of him

TomShoe

Banned
Everyone in this thread is salty

giphy.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
I must be the only person that legitimately loves power creep. Buff all the old champions, I want all of them to play like the other champions Riot's released the last couple years. Champions like Garen or Warwick or even my beloved Swain are super basic and not that fun to play compared to stuff like Jinx or Ekko

Complexity is fun as hell

Everyone in this thread is salty

giphy.gif

That's my number 1 past time, making salt puns.

For example-

Boy I didn't know I was posting in the Mortons Salt thread.

I must be the only person that legitimately loves power creep. Buff all the old champions, I want all of them to play like the other champions Riot's released the last couple years. Champions like Garen or Warwick or even my beloved Swain are super basic and not that fun to play compared to stuff like Jinx or Ekko

This is what I want. Not just power creep for one class, but for everyone.

Einbroch

Banned

Nope. This is something I've been preaching in here for years. Power creep is good. The best way to do it is to attach it to items and see how they interact with certain champions. Devourer is only bullshit because Riot likes to throw out updates one item at a time. Can you imagine blink dagger in League? The recent AP item shift was a good step though.

yeah, i wonder how they could do that?

maybe really buffing the first dragon? tho that could be snowbally as hell
All jungle camps: minus 200 base XP spread around small and big monsters, tweak the level difference XP thingy so laners that are behind can still catch up
Machete: new passive that gives extra XP on every neutral monster, just enough to make up for the lost XP camps

Oh look I fixed both bot laners taking side camps and top laners following junglers around for uncontested XP in one go without nerfing junglers! Now they have to actually play the game like big boys and deal with lane bullies instead of picking hypertanky bullshit that makes up for the trouble with past 20 minute teamfights.

Also nerf teleport out of the meta so having a disadvantage in lane is actually meaningful again. If top laners want to be relevant walk through river like everyone else.

Nekofrog

Banned
i got excited about that meddler post about making more items for bruisers only then realized that irelia only needs a triforce for damage so any new item prolly wont be preferable on her :T

unless they add an active to Triforce for melees only that lets you dash to the target, then triple dash irelia cheese ahoy!

All jungle camps: minus 200 base XP spread around small and big monsters, tweak the level difference XP thingy so laners that are behind can still catch up
Machete: new passive that gives extra XP on every neutral monster, just enough to make up for the lost XP camps

Oh look I fixed both bot laners taking side camps and top laners following junglers around for uncontested XP in one go without nerfing junglers! Now they have to actually play the game like big boys and deal with lane bullies instead of picking hypertanky bullshit that makes up for the trouble with past 20 minute teamfights.

Also nerf teleport out of the meta so having a disadvantage in lane is actually meaningful again. If top laners want to be relevant walk through river like everyone else.

They should make

Teleport boots and or teleport scrolls

They should make

Teleport boots and or teleport scrolls
Removing TP as a spell and making it something you have to spend gold on would be a good solution, yeah. Keep the gameplay but add drawbacks and risks to it as opposed to just being a safety net.

Specially boots since you'd have to give up an item slot / tenacity / tabi for it.

Removing TP as a spell and making it something you have to spend gold on would be a good solution, yeah. Keep the gameplay but add drawbacks and risks to it as opposed to just being a safety net.

Specially boots since you'd have to give up an item slot / tenacity / tabi for it.

Yup

And remove recall

If you wanna go back you gotta pay the price of missing a wave

I mean, there are alot of take aways from DotA 2 they can do to increase the competitiveness without touching the core items or champions.

Nah no blue pills and couriers. You only don't miss waves when you recall if you have good wave / lane control which is an expression of skill, that's a good thing. Not to say Dota isn't skilful for having blue pills but as far as League is concerned Recall is super healthy.
if recall was removed we never would get amazing moments like xpeke's backdoor

screw that
Also this. Recall gives a lot of good gameplay regarding keeping people from backing out to protect stuff.

Einbroch

Banned
But that's the point of recall. If you time it poorly you miss waves. Dota has couriers, bottles, and other ways to heal up in lane. I don't have a problem with recall. I think it should take longer the farther you are from base, but that's it.

jerd

I have friends who have been playing since beta who are being turned off of the game by the power creep. Some people don't want to learn champ mechanics and just want to point and click at stuff.

If i had it my way tho there'd be like 5 beginner champs and the rest would be zed level of difficulty or higher. Stuff like ww is pretty dumb since you can probably damn near master him in like 5 games or less

Kenai

Nope. This is something I've been preaching in here for years. Power creep is good. The best way to do it is to attach it to items and see how they interact with certain champions. Devourer is only bullshit because Riot likes to throw out updates one item at a time. Can you imagine blink dagger in League? The recent AP item shift was a good step though.

Yup. I was happy they said they were making more ADC stuff. I remember it's a fairly regular topic that ADC item builds are really, really stale. Around the time I noticed there is stuff like Hydra (melee only) but nothing notable that's ranged only for ADCs. I mean, there's stuff that's not really viable on bruisers, but it's not the same thing.

I don't play ADC near as much as support/mid but i do still play it a decent amount and it could definitely stand to see a bit more item variety. Not a support-role scale revamp obviously but still.

zkylon

zkylewd
Meddler already said they're making more new items for ADC

I'm way ahead of you zky I'm already making a thesis on this new power creep

actually they're apparently gonna add and change bruiser/assassin itemization first to differentiate it from adc items i think?

duno how that'll work, but sounds like a good idea.

balancing adcs around the prospect of jayce and zed ruining everything has always been a pain

that isn't really power creep tho

like, gangplank was given complexity without being straight up buffed

i duno if that'll change much since many top laners take smite

and also that means you're taking out strategy from the game which isn't all that great either

tp top is like the best thing that happened to that lane imo

i duno if that'll change much since many top laners take smite

and also that means you're taking out strategy from the game which isn't all that great either

tp top is like the best thing that happened to that lane imo
They can take smite but they will have to start machete if they want the XP.

And what's the point of a strategy if it just removes skill from the game? Laning vs duo jungling is supposed to have advantages and drawbacks, not make it so everyone but mid doesn't really do anything until they get 800 ish gold because it's too hard. Mid is the most important lane in competitive for a reason since it's the one lane where skill differences are thoroughly explored while shitters like Flaresz don't get shut down starting level 1 by superior top laners because they're too busy getting suckled around

TP is the best thing that happened to top lane but the worst thing that happened to everywhere else.

zkylon

zkylewd
to me it's made top lane an interesting lane with tons of different options from tanks to mages to dumb shit like hecarim and tank fizz. sadly riot nerfed lissandra and lulu and hasn't done anything to dumb maokai who's been broken all season and is boring as hell to watch

but imo tp is super fun to watch compared to 1v1s which were often just farm fights like usual

also i just think riot really messed up their nerfs this season, nerfing fun playmaking champions like zed and leblanc and lissandra and now azir, while leaving boring ass shit like varus and maokai and janna untouched. iirc riven got nerfed too.

the exp thing might be a good solution tho

edit on ur edit: also mid was always interesting in every season because there's huge champion variety and most mids champions are just fun to watch. top laners are always boring because that's how the lane has been for a really long time. like, jax and renekton, that's about all the champions that were played in like s3 that aren't played now.

also i think you're really off about midlane in competitive right now. 2v1ing make midlane a farm fest because of roaming supports and toplaners. unless you're faker you can't really put any pressure on teh other mid cos you get 4 man ganked

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hate what TP did to bot lane. Makes it very hard to go aggressive because not only can the jungler punish, but the top laner can too. So now the non-aggro laners are in vogue. Now even your bot lane needs strong escapes from ganks, because often there is no other counterplay to people teleporting in. Makes me wish wards didn't have immunity on TP in.

TP top also contributes to the 3vnone competitive meta that is super dull to watch.

You don't need full on aggression in mid lane for it to be interesting, there's a lot of zoning going on and more often than not you see a midlaner in competitive play being heavily ahead in CS just from normal harass putting the enemy in kill risk if a jungler or support shows up.

It's a farm fest but it's far different from when stuff like Ziggs was popular and mid laners would just get blue and clear every wave that showed up instantly. It's actual laning as designed even though the pace is a bit slow thanks to the champions that are meta.

zkylon

zkylewd
i duno i think midlane in competitive is super boring right now

it may not be ziggs but watching azir vs viktor vs kogmaw vs varus every game is almost as boring

i think midlane right now in competitive is the worst it's been in a while, i want assassins back

also it's true what u guys say about tp, it's hard for me to say not having it would outweight the positives, but 4v1 dives and just double jungling are boring as hell to watch that's for sure.

maybe u guys are right, and removing tp will be healthier for the game overall, i duno. those things are hard to predict cos it's not like it's 100% guaranteed it'll be more fun to watch, and i do like the possibility of multiple lane situations like fast pushing or 2v1ing or choosing to 2v2 or whatever

I mean don't get me wrong, I don't think mid lane is that much more interesting than the other lanes but it's the one lane that's like "okay, there's a ton of variety in picks and comps plus they're playing the lane in a way that it was designed for" so aside from some balance outliers I don't have any direct complaints at mid, it might be not super interesting to watch but it doesn't affect the game's health in a harmful way and it's still a fun lane to play.

Ferga

If recall is removed, they might as well change the name of the entire game.

And guys, embrace the power creep. There was a point where a majority of changes to the game were only nerfs.

There were jokes about creeps being stronger than champs.

If recall is removed, they might as well change the name of the entire game.

And guys, embrace the power creep. There was a point where a majority of changes to the game were only nerfs.

There were jokes about creeps being stronger than champs.

Ah yeah, like that one comic from yesteryear.

They just need to buff all the weak champions. But I guess that's the thing with league, they have to balance out the items and champions, and alot of times they do it without thinking about how it'll affect the other side.

Like the most recent example I can think of is Ezreal, and how buffing Runeglaive to be THE AP Jungler item had the unintended side effect of making a fringe case like Ezreal completely broken.

Look what I'm saying is, Riot should remove all items from the games. Hear me out, put out a talent system that upgrades skills every few levels. And have all skills available from level 1 sans the ultimate. And give everyone a choice from 2 ultimates.

Now that'd be fun!

zkylon

zkylewd
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't think mid lane is that much more interesting than the other lanes but it's the one lane that's like "okay, there's a ton of variety in picks and comps plus they're playing the lane in a way that it was designed for" so aside from some balance outliers I don't have any direct complaints at mid, it might be not super interesting to watch but it doesn't affect the game's health in a harmful way and it's still a fun lane to play.

ah ok that's true

i just don't like the competitive mid meta right now, there's just way too much poke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom