• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvero

Banned
Played first game in months last night. This game is so weird now. The interface update is awesome but I with the KDA was still at the top right. New aram stage looks beautiful (all I tried out).

Silly damn game.

THERE'S A NEW ARAM STAGE?!?

OMGIUWHDIBDIUQ

I just played new game mode. Destroyed as my man Vel'Koz, but I don't quite understand this mode. I mean...it seems cool? But none of the "banned" cool black market items are that cool. It looks like melee champs got the coolest items, and they aren't even that "omg".

jerd

Wait so GP is disabled as part of the event?? I thought it was bc of the draven bug.

That's actually pretty fucking stupid

Calvero

Banned
welp League is updating on my other comp right now .-.
gonna be a few minutes guys.
I don't wanna play on the MAC that's why lol

zkylon

zkylewd
from mf's new bio:
Gangplank was still too powerful to confront openly, so Miss Fortune spent the years wisely, surrounding herself with a small but loyal cadre of allies and lovers she would eventually use to lay her demons to rest.

nice mf got herself a harem

way to go girl!

Ferga

I 1v2 the fed bot lane even through exhaust and somehow my team loses 4v3................................

Yasuo bot sucks dick

zkylon

zkylewd
mf is such a badass now

i feel like she needs a rework to reflect her badassery

a shitty attack speed buff on her w and a slow on her e aren't badass enough for how badass of a pirate kicking badass bounty hunter badass she is

but keep the look, i love her bra outfit top thingie, it's awesome

guys what if the whole gangplank rework was a sham with this lore event of GP's death

and they unveil mecha gangplank

with a cannon instead of a hand

riot would never do something so cool

zkylon

zkylewd
badass with the perfect oufit

7HCi8F4Pm6EmhtXI

killatopak

Gold Member
Mf needs a new splash art.

Swain and eve too. Their art seem old.

Tried it, sadly it does not work.

Is league the only game not working for you right now?

If you haven't tried it yet, you should clean install your drivers to be sure.

Other than that, I can't think of any other way. Sorry. Maybe you can browse official forums if there's any solution.

Tizoc

Yeah Swain needs that and imho...a rework or rebalance. Sick and tired of his Mana reliance @_@

Also new Bilgewater SR map is up ^o^

faridmon

I got reported by the team because they had 0 ganks in the first 10 min and the worst thing was they were feeding!

And then I got some sort of warning even though I was alright and had better kills than Mid and Top....

Fuck some of these people who play this game!

Newt

I got reported by the team because they had 0 ganks in the first 10 min and the worst thing was they were feeding!

And then I got some sort of warning even though I was alright and had better kills than Mid and Top....

Fuck some of these people who play this game!
If you haven't ganked by 10 minutes you're just as in the wrong as the feeders.

but what if you use an afk farming jungle champ? Shouldn't the laners know better? Though not ganking is still bad.

Like, a laners success in their lane shouldn't be determined by the jungler. They should be wary of where the enemy jungler is and their own junglers position, as well if they have a ward or not.

Yeah, there will be situations where a laner is just ass stomped hard, but a gank for a losing lane isn't going to do much in the long run because that person sucks at doing that role. It's why you don't try to camp for a lane that's losing. It's detrimental to the team and to your other lanes.

Newt

Like, a laners success in their lane shouldn't be determined by the jungler. They should be wary of where the enemy jungler is and their own junglers position, as well if they have a ward or not.

Yeah, there will be situations where a laner is just ass stomped hard, but a gank for a losing lane isn't going to do much in the long run because that person sucks at doing that role. It's why you don't try to camp for a lane that's losing. It's detrimental to the team and to your other lanes.
Yeah, you're wrong sorry.

Of course it's never really worth it to gank a lane losing solo, but lanes can easily be put super behind by ganks. Even if the enemy jungler has higher presence, that can put a laner behind because they are less likely to take beneficial risks. Success can and is often determined by the jungler, especially in something like top where it takes an hour to run back to lane.

Of course a jungler can't do anything if every single lane is losing solo, or every lane is pushed to tower, but that's hardly the case most of the time.

Yeah, you're wrong sorry.

Of course it's never really worth it to gank a lane losing solo, but lanes can easily be put super behind by ganks. Even if the enemy jungler has higher presence, that can put a laner behind because they are less likely to take beneficial risks.

It depends if it's a coordinated 3 man bot gank when they're low or w/e, in which case your lane deserves to lose if it's not properly warded. For mid and Top, the laners should know their limits and know not to overextend. A jungler should know when to seize these opportunities where an opponent overextends. If it's solo queue, you'll usually never see a coordinated 4 man gank. 3 man gank if it's bot and the laners are low is a little more common, or 2 man at top if the enemy top laner is low and the champion that's ganking/enemy top laner are good divers.

At that point, it's the laners fault for not backing and not the junglers. Simply put, it's not up to the jungler to babysit a lane that's failing or isn't backing.

If "Presence" is defined as showing yourself to the opposing lane you're looking to gank, then that's a bad thing because it means the enemy jungler can make a move elsewhere, IE dragon or another lane, and that puts your whole team at a disadvantage if your presence doesn't result in a successful gank.

In a nutshell, if a lane loses it's not the junglers fault. It's the laners fault for sucking.

I feel you're one of those people who blame the jungler for going 0/3 in your lane @_@

Besides, Oddone says the same thing. I'm just repeating his sentiment since I agree with it~

Newt

I feel you're one of those people who blame the jungler for going 0/3 in your lane @_@

Besides, Oddone says the same thing. I'm just repeating his sentiment since I agree with it~
It has nothing to do with blame. You're basically just being disingenuous on how useful early jungle pressure is.

It depends if it's a coordinated 3 man bot gank when they're low or w/e, in which case your lane deserves to lose if it's not properly warded. For mid and Top, the laners should know their limits and know not to overextend. A jungler should know when to seize these opportunities where an opponent overextends. If it's solo queue, you'll usually never see a coordinated 4 man gank. 3 man gank if it's bot and the laners are low is a little more common, or 2 man at top if the enemy top laner is low and the champion that's ganking/enemy top laner are good divers.

At that point, it's the laners fault for not backing and not the junglers. Simply put, it's not up to the jungler to babysit a lane that's failing or isn't backing.

If "Presence" is defined as showing yourself to the opposing lane you're looking to gank, then that's a bad thing because it means the enemy jungler can make a move elsewhere, IE dragon or another lane, and that puts your whole team at a disadvantage if your presence doesn't result in a successful gank.

In a nutshell, if a lane loses it's not the junglers fault. It's the laners fault for sucking.

I would agree most of the time, but if the laner is winning in CS and winning every single trade.. and the jungler doesn't take advantage of that then the jungler sucks.

For example you have Ori vs Azir mid. Let say Ori is at 75% and Azir is at 35%. As jungler if you're tanky/cc enough you can dive and live or you can even show up force Azir to recall then you can either A) take the tower, or B) heads towards dragon or C) 4 man dive bot.

However if you do nothing and say enemy jungler gets Azir back into the game where he turns into a late game monster then I think it's 70/30 jungler/ori fault. Yes Ori could of avoided death on those ganks, but at the same time I feel it's more fault on the jungler for not capitalizing Ori's lane presence, and priority. Also if they dive her with like 3 man + support then it's really not her fault but more of the jungler for not either A) counter ganking or B) taking advantage of support roam and 2v1 enemy ADC while taking bot tower.

It has nothing to do with blame. You're basically just being disingenuous on how useful early jungle pressure is.

You're talking about something different. Early pressure depends on a variety of things, whether your lane is pushed or doing the pushing, and whether you're in a position to gank.

I'm talking about ganking for losing lanes. You're talking about early pressure. Talk about being disingenuous...

I would agree most of the time, but if the laner is winning in CS and winning every single trade.. and the jungler doesn't take advantage of that then the jungler sucks.

For example you have Ori vs Azir mid. Let say Ori is at 75% and Azir is at 35%. As jungler if you're tanky/cc enough you can dive and live or you can even show up force Azir to recall then you can either A) take the tower, or B) heads towards dragon or C) 4 man dive bot.

However if you do nothing and say enemy jungler gets Azir back into the game where he turns into a late game monster then I think it's 70/30 jungler/ori fault. Yes Ori could of avoided death on those ganks, but at the same time I feel it's more fault on the jungler for not capitalizing Ori's lane presence, and priority. Also if they dive her with like 3 man + support then it's really not her fault but more of the jungler for not either A) counter ganking or B) taking advantage of support roam and 2v1 enemy ADC while taking bot tower.

Mhm, if let's say the game goes on 10 minutes and the lane is pretty stalled out, that's something different when you come in to gank for that lane. Especially if your jungler and mid/top/whatever synergize in a combo. When it's a situation like that, you want to try ganking as much as possible.

If the lane is a losing one then fuuuuck that.

V_Arnold

This sounds very, very weird and "blame-y" to me, sorry. If I as a jungler see my mid laner winning, I sure as hell will focus on other lanes. If, in the meantime, my mid becomes overconfident and allows the enemy jungler to get the opponent midlaner back to the game by ganking, that IS the freaking midlaners fault. If midlaner is winning lane (my midlaner), that usually means the lane is pushed, and midlaner should roam a bit, or at least get mid tower. Both of these are relatively risky options, but it depends on their map sense, because there are three lanes to play in this game, and I cant just say "okay, even though mid is winning lane, lets babysit in his bush anyway". There are very few crucial differences (like making sure that a snowball mid at the opponent does not snowball, etc), but otherwise, if you get ganked by enemy jungler, it is NEVER the team's jungler's fault.

This sounds very, very weird and "blame-y" to me, sorry. If I as a jungler see my mid laner winning, I sure as hell will focus on other lanes. If, in the meantime, my mid becomes overconfident and allows the enemy jungler to get the opponent midlaner back to the game by ganking, that IS the freaking midlaners fault. If midlaner is winning lane (my midlaner), that usually means the lane is pushed, and midlaner should roam a bit, or at least get mid tower. Both of these are relatively risky options, but it depends on their map sense, because there are three lanes to play in this game, and I cant just say "okay, even though mid is winning lane, lets babysit in his bush anyway". There are very few crucial differences (like making sure that a snowball mid at the opponent does not snowball, etc), but otherwise, if you get ganked by enemy jungler, it is NEVER the team's jungler's fault.

This is how I never climb out of silver my first season of League. You can't assume a lane is winning that they will snowball. You have to snowball it if you can. Winning by 20 CS isn't a snowball. Winning by 30+ CS + a kill or two is a snowball. This is why they teach you to NOT gank losing lanes. You push your advantage.

This is the same reason why NA/EU LCS games last god damn 40 minutes when Korean games last 20-30 minutes. Watch Bengi play on SKT. Faker so called best mid laner in the world but can't always solo kill the enemy mid laner (obviously they are no push over), but he wins every trade. And every time Bengi is there to help him get that 1 kill where he goes off.

This is the same reason I hate watching Western competitive League and love Korean/China League.

This is how I never climb out of silver my first season of League. You can't assume a lane is winning that they will snowball. You have to snowball it if you can. Winning by 20 CS isn't a snowball. Winning by 30+ CS + a kill or two is a snowball. This is why they teach you to NOT gank losing lanes. You push your advantage.

This is the same reason why NA/EU LCS games last god damn 40 minutes when Korean games last 20-30 minutes. Watch Bengi play on SKT. Faker so called best mid laner in the world but can't always solo kill the enemy mid laner (obviously they are no push over), but he wins every trade. And every time Bengi is there to help him get that 1 kill where he goes off.

This is the same reason I hate watching Western competitive League and love Korean/China League.

It works both ways. I've been in games where I gank for mid lane, get them ahead, and then they tilt and flub out and start losing hard. Obviously it's different in pro games like your example, but in solo queue it can be rough gauging which lane will be successful in taking advantage of ganks.

As a jungler, it's a gamble to ride hard on one lane or to ignore all lanes. Granted, if you have confidence that you can carry the game, you might wanna focus on afk farming the jungle. In cases like this, it still isn't your fault if your lane loses. It never will be unless you purposely feed an enemy lane or suck at ganking and give out free buffs/kills.

It works both ways. I've been in games where I gank for mid lane, get them ahead, and then they tilt and flub out and start losing hard. Obviously it's different in pro games like your example, but in solo queue it can be rough gauging which lane will be successful in taking advantage of ganks.

As a jungler, it's a gamble to ride hard on one lane or to ignore all lanes. Granted, if you have confidence that you can carry the game, you might wanna focus on afk farming the jungle. In cases like this, it still isn't your fault if your lane loses. It never will be unless you purposely feed an enemy lane or suck at ganking and give out free buffs/kills.

Yea I understand it can be tricky.

But just to go back to my example. Ori at 75% and Azir at 35%. Let say enemy jungler at 100% ganks... if you counter gank also at 100%... well there's a very good chance you guys win the 2v2 and worst case scenario 2 for 1 and best case 2 for 0.

Now you translated the mid laner lead of mid lane to mid lane lead and jungle lead. 2 birds with 1 stone.

I started as a jungler main, and now I consider myself top lane main. Looking back I think I was a terrible jungler in my early days. I would always try to help the guy that is struggling when in reality push the advantage.

V_Arnold

Coincidentally, I am Silver too :p Will check your advice out in practice.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wow that new Summoner's Rift map! So many new items. I'm so confused and minions were strong as fuck! I had a really fun game where I used the wrong runes and masteries and did tank Riven. I became a stun bot late game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom