• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brb, gonng go supp nami and ult all day long til I reach gold.

dO I need those items specifically for the bug to activate?

idk

I think you have to macro her dance and then spam both the dance key and her R key? I'm guessing from what is happening in the webm.

Nekofrog

Banned
TCmR29y.jpg

welcome to plat 3 neko

thank you, neko

but seriously i legit did almost nothing this game. i was too busy reading the enemy's allchat to even farm properly because holy SHIT where they yelling at each other in allchat constantly.

holy SHIT. ive never seen that amount of rage and effort put into allchat at a players own team before.

Coincidentally, I am Silver too :p Will check your advice out in practice.

Yea I think human nature just tells us to help out the struggling guy when we should really just abandon him.... oddly enough I just posted my opinions on jungling... and I get this game.

Untitled.jpg

Top was winning.
Mid was losing.
Bot was winning.

WW ganks mid... Elise counter ganks mid. Double kill for their team one for Cho, and one for Elise. 0-2

WW ganks mid again..... Elise counter ganks mid. Double kill for their team. 0-4

WW ganks bot we kill Thresh. 1-4

WW ganks mid again... Elise counter ganks mid. 1-6

Kat backs... Cho gath + elise mid heads bot.... WW heads bot (too late now buddy) 4v3... 1-9.

What a way to start the game. At least no one rage including me.

At least I got 100% kill participation!

Ferga

Just had a game where I ended with 18k gold on blitzcrank.

I think I had 3-4k saved up by the end with nothing to spend it on but elixirs.

41 kill participation

Musician

If you take into account that there's always a risk of being counterganked, you'll see why it's usually a bad idea to gank losing lanes. Unless you're absolutely sure you can outplay both of them, or if the enemy jungler is far behind, you'll get beaten. Of course it depends on the matchup as well. Someone like a lee sin has a greater potential of ganking a winning lane (at least early game) than say a Nautilus, who depends on his teammate to do most of the damage.

Then of course there are some winning lanes you should never gank. Rumble around lvl6 for example. I'd be cautious even if the lane is winning.

MaxiLive

I received my cheapo Chinese Thresh figure knock off yesterday and it is surprisingly good! I can't see any differences compared to the official one apart from probably the weight as this ons is rather light and some of the plastic connections aren't the best fit. Overall though it is pretty fantastic for the price :D

Leezard

If you don't want to try helping lanes that are losing good luck dealing with the 5/0 Draven afterwards.
This is an important point to consider. There exists some lanes that will straight up win most matchups unless they get ganked a couple of times. Examples include Mordekaiser and Darius. Their weakness is that they are susceptible to being ganked, so if the jungler is afk farming jungle he will have to deal with that,either by ganking or by getting more ahead than the strong laner. If he just afk farms yet still is weaker than the strong/fed laner the jungler deserves to lose.

Ferga

I win a lot on support with god hooks on mid lane.

Maybe I should hang up my jungler tag for the time being.

Oh wait, nvm. One game of getting 5 manned continuously makes me hate it.

killatopak

Gold Member
One of my duo mates skipped rank from g4 to g2. I wonder if I would also skip rank from g5 to g3 as I was always ahead of him in champ select. I'm at 100lp but I'm afraid to do rank without a duo.

If you're higher on the list in champ select, it means you have a higher mmr right? Or am I wrong?

Edwardo

One of my duo mates skipped rank from g4 to g2. I wonder if I would also skip rank from g5 to g3 as I was always ahead of him in champ select. I'm at 100lp but I'm afraid to do rank without a duo.

If you're higher on the list in champ select, it means you have a higher mmr right? Or am I wrong?

I think it used to be that way. It's random now.

If you're duoing and one of you get first pick, it'll automatically give it to the party leader.

Used to be that way but they change it's random now. I remember in season 3 wildturtle was first pick for like what seem like 100 games straight.

If you don't want to try helping lanes that are losing good luck dealing with the 5/0 Draven afterwards.

5/0 Draven game already over... if you were gonna camp do it when he's 0-0 or 1-0 where it's still salvageable. But when he gets to like 3-0 your gank just turns into a 2v3 triple for him. I'm sure Newt can attest to this.

You're better off going top and try to get him ahead since top going to get a lot of solo exp most of the time. Bot has 2 ppl and everyone leech off mid once towers fall. So maybe fed top laner who has levels on Draven can catch him out being cocky or just pulling a double lift doing the ADC split push.

I actually had a duo game with Newt where he was Draven and won bot, I won top (only small margin) and we ended up struggling the mid game due to fed jungler and mid laner who got fed off our mid lane +jungler who tried to help.

Game was still winnable but we made a few mistakes late and mid game and lost. But if mid laner just went even that game is a 20 minute stomp. Those are the games that i hate where 2 out of the 3 lane wins but you're still weaker or of even strength mid game.

Jungler could of just either snowball our Draven (Newt) or me who solo kill enemy top laner twice. Instead came mid to try and help that guy and both ended up dying. So now mid game we left with top laner and ADC/support who's ahead vs mid laner and jungler who's ahead.

kind of sucks if he went bot or top we would of ended up with mid game of top/adc/support who's ahead vs mid who's ahead and two jungler would be a wash.

basically do the math one scenario is 3-2 (with one being support so) vs a 3-1-1 with the two junglers being a washed.

I'll take the 3-1-1 over the 3-2 every time. (The 3 being your team obviously)

The point is junglers shouldn't be allowing lane bullies to do their thing pressure-free and then complain that a lane lost so hard that the game is over as if they had no say in it.

The point is junglers shouldn't be allowing immobile lane bullies to do their thing pressure-free and then complain that a lane lost so hard that the game is over as if they had no say in it.

People are stupid they don't like to ward you cant magically make your teammates better. So what I learned is enhance their game play by warding for them and counter ganking for them. They will never thank you nor understand you actually won the game, but i don't care about credit i care about winning.

If a renekton is bullying the crap out of enemy wukong in top lane you bet your ass jingler is going to gank his overextended ass. So be there for him when it happens and get him a double. He goes on to the carry the game and brags he's good... when in reality he would of blown his lead top if not for your counter ganks and you probably lose the game when he goes on tilt.

You will never get credit from the other 9 but once again my point is i don't play to brag or get the best score, do flashy plays i play to win. That's all i care about.

Musician

The point is junglers shouldn't be allowing lane bullies to do their thing pressure-free and then complain that a lane lost so hard that the game is over as if they had no say in it.

A pushed lane is not the same as a lost lane. I agree that if a hardcore bully bot lane shoves to turret constantly they should be punished by the jungler. This is actually preventing bot from losing the lane completely.

If said bullies get caught out and the enemy Kog'Maw get's 2 kills however, things change. That lane is going to be hella risky to gank now. I'd much rather camp top/mid and get my 3-0 Teto to 5-0 and completely negating the enemy Riven from ever becoming an issue. If I get a kill on mid, maybe we can rotate bot and take care of them... But at that point I'd rather get drag, tbh. The adc can farm gromp/krug and minions freely for a while and get back lategame. The sup doesn't really need levels anyway :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Mf needs a new splash art.

Swain and eve too. Their art seem old.

i really like current mf splash, i don't know why they oranged her up tho, looked better before imo

Like, a laners success in their lane shouldn't be determined by the jungler. They should be wary of where the enemy jungler is and their own junglers position, as well if they have a ward or not.

Yeah, there will be situations where a laner is just ass stomped hard, but a gank for a losing lane isn't going to do much in the long run because that person sucks at doing that role. It's why you don't try to camp for a lane that's losing. It's detrimental to the team and to your other lanes.
there's a bit of truth and not truth to this

like, yea, you're playing mid, assumed you're gonna get ganked ALL THE FUCKING TIME cos that's probably true anyways

but like, sometimes you're in lane and lee sin comes in and lands a q, clicks u a bit and shoves the wave and you didn't really do much wrong outside of not dodging his q and now you're pretty fucked, out a potion, pushed to turret and forced to waste mana fighting him off and then clearing the wave, etc.

sometimes your own jungler comes to lane, misplays the gank and you end up taking dmg and wasting mana baiting or fighting or whatever and now you're fucked

not to mention actual working ganks which put you ahead or behind depending on the jungler (and often support) lol

like, you should be expecting to be ganked but if often if you're not getting getting the jungler to gank you you're playing too scared and losing your lane anyways, so it's hard to stay in that line between pressuring and overextending

They made her more of a ginger instead of a straight up redhead

Plus it makes sense considering her new lore since her hair isn't supposed to be orange either.

drawkcaB

Nautilus, who depends on his teammate to do most of the damage.

Nautilus' damage falls off once ganks start becoming less frequent, and it's more due to his common builds than base damages or ratios. In the early and mid-game his damage is solid, higher than lots of other champions who supposedly don't have issues dealing damage.

...that is unless the player is doing something stupid like maxing W first, which is still shockingly about 80%+ of Naut junglers. Actually no, keeping maxing W all you Nautilii out there. You're all doing God's Work by suppressing his win rates.

drawkcaB

Yep.

My immediate thought is that it works because of who's popular bot right now as ADCs. Jinx, Ashe...any ADC without a dash/blink escape could get caught out bad. Sivir is particularly fucked since the strength of her spellshield is negated and her low AA range might make it easier for her to get caught by pillar.

His passive sustains him well enough, he's not a particularly mana hungry, though to be honest I never max'ed E first ever on him so I don't know if that holds true in support. His ultimate is definitely nice for his ADC. His damage reducing on Q is nice for bot lane trades assuming he can get to the opposing carry. Wards well, safe roamer, strong aura carrier, basically lots of the stuff that makes him a good jungler applies in support...

...but to the point that he currently has the highest support win rate in the game? Goddam it, what?

Trundle works because of how bot lane is played in the current meta. Lack of overall aggression just lets you scale harder than most supports as a hyper bruiser and his E does well countering aggression itself, not to mention he has really good synergy with poke comps that are really common these days.

It's similar to Shen, his support potential comes from the overall match and not just laning.

Musician

Nautilus' damage falls off once ganks start becoming less frequent, and it's more due to his common builds than base damages or ratios. In the early and mid-game his damage is solid, higher than lots of other champions who supposedly don't have issues dealing damage.

...that is unless the player is doing something stupid like maxing W first, which is still shockingly about 80%+ of Naut junglers. Actually no, keeping maxing W all you Nautilii out there. You're all doing God's Work by suppressing his win rates.

You're completely right. His damage is bad from midgame and forward. And I max E, ofc ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I love centaurs just as much as anyone else! But she is missing a set of heels :D

wtf

Same, but her icon in champ select looks weird with the orange filter over it.

i wish every skin did the ultimate skin thing of changing the in-game portrait, at least yours. tho i guess some of the splashes, specially the old ones, don't lend themselves too well to being zoomed in like that

They made her more of a ginger instead of a straight up redhead

Plus it makes sense considering her new lore since her hair isn't supposed to be orange either.
yea but it just doesn't look so great, we're all too used to her old color i feel

Yep.

My immediate thought is that it works because of who's popular bot right now as ADCs. Jinx, Ashe...any ADC without a dash/blink escape could get caught out bad. Sivir is particularly fucked since the strength of her spellshield is negated and her low AA range might make it easier for her to get caught by pillar.

His passive sustains him well enough, he's not a particularly mana hungry, though to be honest I never max'ed E first ever on him so I don't know if that holds true in support. His ultimate is definitely nice for his ADC. His damage reducing on Q is nice for bot lane trades assuming he can get to the opposing carry. Wards well, safe roamer, strong aura carrier, basically lots of the stuff that makes him a good jungler applies in support...

...but to the point that he currently has the highest support win rate in the game? Goddam it, what?
league is just really weird sometimes, i think he just scales pretty well for a support or something since he takes enemy stats and crap

i dunno, he's weird, i knew buffing him like every other patch would break him eventually

drawkcaB

Nope, it definitely wasn't. It was a battle of idiocy. Who has dumber, the Volibear who'd eventually do an ill advised charge or the ADC who'd be dumb enough to not back off? A battle of wills, nay...a crucible of Titans!

The thing with Trundle support is that he actually does bring some unique stuff to the lane. Pillar is fantastic CC and he scales well late game. For what Volibear wants to do, he has competition in Blitz, Naut, Thresh, Alistar....the one thing he might have going for him is that I imagine he deals a bit more damage than those other champions late game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Low back pain because of bad posture is no joke friends
mmRkza5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom