• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
to avoid blizzard copyright and the chinese ban on spooky skeletons, valve turned skeleton king into wraith king and built a game mode around it. you defend skeleton king from hordes of enemies while he undergoes a ritual.

then for some reason you beat the crap out of him once it's done

Makes me sad because Riot will never release a skeleton champion for that same reason :(

and lol

0rF6T6S.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Skarner was good vs. tanks and with Cinderhulk but now he is garbage. Sad times.

killatopak

Gold Member
whew. Had my promo game and suddenly my computer started shitting on me. Can't connect on my ethernet. Tried wifi but my router suck ass. I had ping on 300. Restart computer tried to reconnect. fucking direct x error. Tried again and when I went back enemy was level 6 already and the Xin Zhao on our team flames me like hell. Good thing we had a pretty good comp vs their squishy comp except shen. 1 more win and I'm G4 :)
I thought the Nami bug was only on pbe.
Then what's the hotfix for? Spooky.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit with the new mode

can't really say i like it, apparently the matchmaking is kind of trash as my friends yesterday played against an all challenger team and like today most of the games have been really bad with one player feeding for most of the game and ppl generally doing lots of dumb shit like only building the new items or whatever

overall it feels like a lot of complexity that isn't really there. you get to choose how to upgrade your dudes i've had trouble identifying the effect my upgrades have been doing on the actual game, like if upgrading health instead of damage made an actual difference or whatever

similarly the items sound cool but they're obviously not ready for real sr. the shield support thing is fun when it's targeted but when it becomes a skillshot it's just pretty exhausting to be constantly throwing out those things since it has like 10s cd or whatever. the multiple morello upgrades are cool in theory but i think most mids would pick the damage one over like turret dmg or mobility (unless the mobility is like really broken, i didn't really check).

and you gotta win like a million games to get that damn icon lol

also

wtf is going on, this is not good for my computer lol

drawkcaB

I just hope it's a minor rework for Skarner, a bit of a touch up. There's so many good things about his kit it'd be a shame to see him significantly changed because people are too goddamn stupid to engage instead of peel.

Any rate, first Xin Zhao game since mid-Spring. I don't think I touched him since Cinderhulk was first introduced. 9/5/13 and had the team up 4-0 before the 6 minute mark.

Our Irelia was losing vs. Nasus even though I spotted her a kill at 3:50. Kept whining about needing help to hold him back top. Told her to not bother and just group 5 mid and push because their only actual damage threat was Diana and we can light her up in flash in we're 5. She bitched about how he was just going to TP.

Well, there's only one thing you can do in a situation like that as Xin. You put your fucking man pants on.

"I'll take care of Nasus. Just kill Diana."

Group 5 mid, push, Nasus TPs in on queue. Diana's patient, she isn't dumb. Me? I'm keeping an eye on Nasus. Just as he gets close to the carries Diana jumps in. I call the target. She dies in a flash. Nasus is just about to get on our Brand as he's being pelted by Cait and uh oh...I gots me a knockback special saved up just for him. Dumb fucker keeps trying though, because all Nasus players are more tool than man. Doesn't get remotely close before he dies. Clean Ace follows. G-fucking-G.

killatopak

Gold Member
sorry for being kind of a racist but is that gagoo ambobooo thing a real language lol

it sounds awesome

also congrats

literally translates to "fucking stupid"

Thanks! I was super surprised. My mmr must have been through the roof at my last rank since I never did play solo. I played every ranked with a higher ranked duo. IIRC you get matched with a higher mmr opponents when you duo which means every win I get only makes my mmr that much higher than normal and every lose I get reduces the amount I lost. My greatest guess is because I only lost once during G5.

zkylon

zkylewd
favorite thing of the week to come out of reddit

If someone flames you, this just means that they are tsundere, and are giving you a hard time because they like you. Don't feel bad, just remember, the dere will come sometime! They don't even mean most of what they said, they just want to hide that they like you.

lol

nooto-chan so tsun tsun

I just hope it's a minor rework for Skarner, a bit of a touch up. There's so many good things about his kit it'd be a shame to see him significantly changed because people are too goddamn stupid to engage instead of peel.

Any rate, first Xin Zhao game since mid-Spring. I don't think I touched him since Cinderhulk was first introduced. 9/5/13 and had the team up 4-0 before the 6 minute mark.

Our Irelia was losing vs. Nasus even though I spotted her a kill at 3:50. Kept whining about needing help to hold him back top. Told her to not bother and just group 5 mid and push because their only actual damage threat was Diana and we can light her up in flash in we're 5. She bitched about how he was just going to TP.

Well, there's only one thing you can do in a situation like that as Xin. You put your fucking man pants on.

"I'll take care of Nasus. Just kill Diana."

Group 5 mid, push, Nasus TPs in on queue. Diana's patient, she isn't dumb. Me? I'm keeping an eye on Nasus. Just as he gets close to the carries Diana jumps in. I call the target. She dies in a flash. Nasus is just about to get on our Brand as he's being pelted by Cait and uh oh...I gots me a knockback special saved up just for him. Dumb fucker keeps trying though, because all Nasus players are more tool than man. Doesn't get remotely close before he dies. Clean Ace follows. G-fucking-G.

now record this in a funny voice!

literally translates to "fucking stupid"
ahh i c

which language is it? sounds funny

Thanks! I was super surprised. My mmr must have been through the roof at my last rank since I never did play solo. I played every ranked with a higher ranked duo. IIRC you get matched with a higher mmr opponents when you duo which means every win I get only makes my mmr that much higher than normal and every lose I get reduces the amount I lost. My greatest guess is because I only lost once during G5.

yea that's how i went through gold, tho i lost a fair share of games in the way. but i kept skipping tiers which is super satisfying

best thing tho was skipping promos for gold with my ranked 5s team

it was like, gold skins for everyone and we never ever need to play a ranked game again lol

killatopak

Gold Member
now record this in a funny voice!

ahh i c

which language is it? sounds funny

yea that's how i went through gold, tho i lost a fair share of games in the way. but i kept skipping tiers which is super satisfying

best thing tho was skipping promos for gold with my ranked 5s team

it was like, gold skins for everyone and we never ever need to play a ranked game again lol

It's Filipino. The land of the super slow internet.

I know some guys who have Challenger frames but has Silver Rank in solo queue. They just joined a ranked 5 team who were already challenger and played a few games. I'm super jelly until I get to play with them and realize they're actually not that great players.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh hey i was gonna say filipino but thought i probably was super way off

i bet u told me already and my stupid head forgot

Nev

Banned
What's the reason behind new champion updates (Maokai, GP, MF) not having recall animations? Actually I don't care nor I'm surprised taking into account the amount of absurd, illogical and stupid decisions this company makes. It's just one more I guess. I swear they couldn't come up with more obtuse choices even if they tried to.

Tizoc

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202294884

Skarner is getting another gameplay update

and so is Garen I suppose

all before Poppy

Poppy is suffering

As is Garen is just Q, E, Ulti ain't much to him outside of tanking shit.

are they gonna add skillshots to garen
Garen
  • Can now press E again to throw his spinning blade like a boomerang.

You remind me of this match I played
qlzpudw.jpg

A boomerang attack would be awesome doe.

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202294884

Skarner is getting another gameplay update

and so is Garen I suppose

all before Poppy

Poppy is suffering
They've said a billion times that Taric and Poppy kits are done and they're just waiting on new visuals. Do you see any visual updates besides Fiora on that list? Poppy is being worked on, complete relaunches take time.
What's the reason behind new champion updates (Maokai, GP, MF) not having recall animations? Actually I don't care nor I'm surprised taking into account the amount of absurd, illogical and stupid decisions this company makes. It's just one more I guess. I swear they couldn't come up with more obtuse choices even if they tried to.
Official stance is "update team has too much shit to do and adding recall animations are low priority, we'll get back to these eventually"

I honestly don't get what's so hard about making the champion do a half-assed pose but eh.

V_Arnold

Meh, if I have to choose between 5 visual reworks and 4 visual reworks WITH portal animations, I would rather have 5 reworks. More people enjoying proper visuals with their champions.

And from that point, not doing something hastily put together is better than doing that AND revisiting it. It is either nothing->add it sometimes in the future vs doing SOMETHING once, calling it done.

Bacon

Nobody even sees the recall animation everyone just opens the store immediately when they hit b anyway. Can hardly think of something I care less about in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
wouldn't have ever thought i'd miss u, but welcome back lol

also reasoning for recalls is that they only change the models but keep the old rigs and most of the animations.

but yeah, it's kind of weird, i guess they want to at one point redo all the animations for these characters so they don't want to have like a cool looking recall that looks really good comnpared to the other animations, maybe

like having really high res textures next to really blurry low res ones, something like that

Anybody know where I can find some good League wallpapers?
https://copy.com/ZN0GJpgbjQZa6UhD

pick one, i'll resize it (as long as it makes sense)

Nobody even sees the recall animation everyone just opens the store immediately when they hit b anyway. Can hardly think of something I care less about in the game.
u cray

did u see pool party lulu's recall animation?

did u see madoka lux recall?

did u see kpop ahri recall?

u can't help but stare at them works of art

I honestly don't get what's so hard about making the champion do a half-assed pose but eh.
actually the problem is that making a half assed animation vs a more complicated one still takes testing time and discussion and whatever

like, they have to come up with the idea, sketch it out, discuss it, implement it, test it with like enhanced recall and baron buff and whatever, test the crossfade when cancelling it, etc.

that's the thing with videogames, everything you do has to go thru a ton of testing, so i'm guessing they'd rather not go through that for a low priority thing as u say. running animation is more worth it cos it's something that's on screen like 90% of the time, which is why they redid mf's (and i think mao's too?)

Tell that to Pool Party Renekton players
And dirty Warring Kingdom Katarina cheaters

They've said a billion times that Taric and Poppy kits are done and they're just waiting on new visuals. Do you see any visual updates besides Fiora on that list? Poppy is being worked on, complete relaunches take time.

I dunno theyve been able to pump out a complete relaunch for fiora much faster than taric or poppy

Its been like 3 years since reworks for poppy and taric were promised. 2 years for yorick. But lets update skarner again~

I dunno theyve been able to pump out a complete relaunch for fiora much faster than taric or poppy

Its been like 3 years since reworks for poppy and taric were promised. 2 years for yorick. But lets update skarner again~
Fiora wasn't relaunched, Fiora just got a new costume and kit.

Poppy is a Sion-level rework. That means new theme, design, personality, voice over, kit, particles, SFX, redesigns for all skins, all that jazz. Same for Taric.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's not a complete relaunch, they tweaked her visuals a bit but she's still the same character with pretty similar spells

taric and poppy are sion reworks, fiora wasn't by any means a sion rework

fiora got:
* some new animations and sfx for her new spells
* new default splash art and new models for all her skins
* mostly new kit
* improved design

taric and poppy will get:
* all new animations
* all new sfx
* all new vo in like 14 different languages. this includes writing all the new lines (which, by riot standards, will probably overdo themselves again and do a million taunts and shop references and other fun stuff), translating them and recording them in every language
* new lore (again in a million langauges)
* completely new kits
* completely new design
* new default splash art and new models for all their skins (poppy has a shit ton of skins btw)

Fiora wasn't relaunched, Fiora just got a new costume and kit.

Poppy is a Sion-level rework. That means new theme, design, personality, voice over, kit, particles, SFX, redesigns for all skins, all that jazz. Same for Taric.

funnily enough, I'm pretty sure taric and poppy have been on the list even longer than Sion

I mean, it's ok to admit that Riot just doesn't care about them. I came to that conclusion long ago for the forgotten champions

Tizoc

I'll never understand why players build Tear of Goddess in ARAM.
Just cuz it's aram don't mean you gotta waste your gold on an item that gives you 0 stats.
If you want to resolve ur mana issues, just get blue chalice and then sell that or upgrade it...

funnily enough, I'm pretty sure taric and poppy have been on the list even longer than Sion

I mean, it's ok to admit that Riot just doesn't care about them. I came to that conclusion long ago for the forgotten champions
Sion took like two years. Poppy has been officially in the list for like 8 months? Ever since the Trist rework got announced. And she's slated to be released this year still.

In Yorick's case you could say Riot officially doesn't give a shit about him.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've absolutely loved the recent reworks. Hopefully the ones we've heard about like Poppy, Taric and Warwick are on track for release soon. Seems the schedule changes so much.

Still waiting on that Swain rework, Riot. Bird god needs new tricks

Einbroch

Banned
Pretty sure the only champion you could say Riot really don't give no shits about is Yorick.

Dude has been on the rework block forever, even got a new kit (and lore, I believe), but then they scrapped it and just let him fester.

Edit: Beaten.

Sion took like two years to be released. Poppy has been officially in the list for like 8 months? Ever since the Trist rework got announced. And she's slated to be released this year still.

Yorick you could say Riot officially doesn't give a shit about.

Hehe, Yorick.

'Yorick is a fringe case who isn't overpowered but is strong enough that he's toxic in top lane. So we're going to nerf him while we work on his rework'

Xelnath-"So I'm reworking Yorick! And I have a pretty cool idea...he opens a gate where a bunch of ghouls come out!"

That was like, 2 years ago.

zkylon

zkylewd

these things take a shit ton of time

look how long it took for sion

learn something about game development and then whine pls

Pretty sure the only champion you could say Riot really don't give no shits about is Yorick.

Dude has been on the rework block forever, even got a new kit (and lore, I believe), but then they scrapped it and just let him fester.

Edit: Beaten.
i mean, same thing happened to warwick

making a healthy kit out of these monstruosities that still keeps their original identities while being interesting and new isn't something u just throw more ppl at and gets fixed

things like current taric being a sort-of-homophobic cartoon, how the fuck do you keep him funny gay but like not offensive gay and also like badass and cool and all those things. do we maybe reference it in the lore and make him "sexually neutral" in the game? or just try to push his flamboyant personality in a bit less of a sexual direction or whatever? or maybe we embrace it completely and he's got like flirting lines with all the dudes in the game? how do you make any of that not-offensive?

you can't just put 10 more people for this shit and make it happen twice as fast

Edwardo

Hehe, Yorick.

'Yorick is a fringe case who isn't overpowered but is strong enough that he's toxic in top lane. So we're going to nerf him while we work on his rework'

Xelnath-"So I'm reworking Yorick! And I have a pretty cool idea...he opens a gate where a bunch of ghouls come out!"

That was like, 2 years ago.

You should ask him. I think he hangs out in our GAF channel in-game. At least he used to.

these things take a shit ton of time

look how long it took for sion

learn something about game development and then whine pls

I think riot should learn something too, if their engine is anything to go by :^)

You should ask him. I think he hangs out in our GAF channel in-game. At least he used to.

I haven't seen him on either the League forums or online(Well, the chat room. I've seen another rioter.) And unfortunately he's not one of the Rioters I have on my friends list @_@

I like Xelnath. I wonder what happened to him, what he's working on. I don't think he's worked on a new champion, has he?

I mean, Riot is finally addressing fighter itemization as a whole while reworking champions that have been left in the dust for a good while like Darius and Morde. Fiora also had a garbage kit for over two years and she's finally getting some love, it's not like Riot is reworking shit that is popular and played already.
Xelnath's Yorick rework was scrapped and he's working on other things IIRC

zkylon

zkylewd
xelnath is a systems designer now

I think riot should learn something too, if their engine is anything to go by :^)

i mean, they've made the most succesful game in the world by almost accident, but they've kept it there thanks to very smart decisions

they know a shit ton more than you

and like always, 2009 riot is not the same as 2015 riot, but you're dumb so what can i say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom