• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Riot's management is pretty shitty. It's getting better, but it's still very obvious they grew too quickly.
i never understand these things

how do you know this

based on what information

are they not delivering like a million things at the same time on a global scale, building freaking internet highways and running their own tournaments every week

and yes it's obvious they grew too quickly, riot themselves have said that a million times

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
zkylon I heard there's new lewd ahri art go find it

Already old, it's okay. A solid 8/10.

I couldn't say no to Umaru ;__;

himouto-umaru-chan-nendoroid.jpg

This character always came off to me as marketers in a room thinking.

"How do we advertise coke and potato chips without being blatant about it?"

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If I played Corki every game I'd probably be plat by now

But I would never be able to live with myself

The ends don't justify the means man. May as well add a * next to your border like Tom Brady.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, i play them cos they're fun but still, pretty sad

xZPxS0a.png

(normals cos i don't play ranked anymore)

in my defense lizzy was nerfed to the ground and syndra was nerfed and made unplayable for most of the season

but still, pathetic

Einbroch

Banned
i never understand these things

how do you know this

based on what information

are they not delivering like a million things at the same time on a global scale, building freaking internet highways and running their own tournaments every week

and yes it's obvious they grew too quickly, riot themselves have said that a million times

Because they have a ton of amazing talent and over 1000 employees. Obviously a good chunk of them are support, but they have 20+ influential voices in many departments like art, game design, and so on. Do they butt heads too often? This is management's job. The fact that they only pump out 2 "new champions" (remakes/new champs) every couple of months is kinda inexcusable. If they're not gonna pump out new things, then they need to rework old things faster.

I mean, I don't need quotes to tell you that they're mismanaged. Valve has a super tiny team working on Dota and they push out more gameplay updates than Riot does. And 95% of them are good. Either Riot is too laid back or they're incompetent.

zkylon

zkylewd
1000 employees has been discussed to death. they're mostly regional stuff, support and lcs. i don't know where this 20+ influential voices comes from or what it's even mean so w/e

so "doto has a tiny team vs league's 1000 employees" is moot. both have teams working on their game, but doto didn't fuck everything up while starting out

and release schedule doesn't mean bad management. it's obviously very disruptive to the game (and also pretty bad from a business perspective i bet) to be doing like 5 reworks per patch. they still do a million other gameplay updates, but i guess champion reworks is the only metric that matters?

so yeah, imo you need quotes and actual data and shit. just saying "but doto is so much better!!" is not proof of anything

maybe the doto devs are just really good

edit: also i was just looking at this list which i guess is the one ppl use to say doto's team really small. ofc this list with "only 34" ppl working on doto is super disingenous since there's like a hundred ppl working on source2 (did linecount and got 174 but there are a lot of repeats... ted carson, i don't know who you are, but you seem like a god).

Because he ain't nuthin but a whiskey delta.

lol that line is so going away

In the past year Riot has reworked the gameplay of 12 champions, the visuals of 13, released like 8 brand new champions, retuned mage itemization, released a new HUD, two new maps, changed the jungle like 4 times, changed how objectives work, new match history works, a whole bunch of new rotating modes, a billion skins, two thematic events, a whole bunch of competitive shit, balance changes plus a fuckton of things I don't remember not counting stuff that is already coming in the next few patches including bruiser itemization reworks and you're calling Riot slow?

I don't even care about defending Riot or whatever, I'm not happy with the state of the game but come the fuck on

Einbroch

Banned
In the past year Riot has reworked the gameplay of 12 champions, the visuals of 13, released like 8 brand new champions, retuned mage itemization, released a new HUD, two new maps, changed the jungle like 4 times, changed how objectives work, new match history works, a whole bunch of new rotating modes, a billion skins, two thematic events, a whole bunch of competitive shit, balance changes plus a fuckton of things I don't remember and you're calling Riot slow?

Jesus fucking christ

You're right. This year they have been stepping up their game. Suppose I'm still thinking of the older Riot, and the fact that their update style is very incremental with bi-weekly patches that are tweaks instead of sweeping mega patches.

killatopak

Gold Member
I played dota and that was slow. Updates took months. Also it's not like their updates didn't break the game either. There was almost a hot fix in every patch. 6 at the most. Champion releases were also super slow and most of the time OP at their release.

Just like lol.

Basically the only difference I see in them is that League releases a lot of bits and pieces frequently while valve releases a ton of stuff but pretty seldomly.

zkylon

zkylewd
Better not.

I was so annoyed when Blizzard started removing subtle adult jokes from WoW because idiot parents started complaining.
no promises, but that's what i think

it's a bad joke/reference anyways

You're right. This year they have been stepping up their game. Suppose I'm still thinking of the older Riot, and the fact that their update style is very incremental with bi-weekly patches that are tweaks instead of sweeping mega patches.
well maybe stop thinking about old riot?

it's not like i think of 2015 GOTTA GET ALL THE MONEYS valve as the lovely game design innovator valve from 2007 either :>

I played dota and that was slow. Updates took months. Also it's not like their updates didn't break the game either. There was almost a hot fix in every patch. 6 at the most. Champion releases were also super slow and most of the time OP at their release.

Just like lol.

Basically the only difference I see in them is that League releases a lot of bits and pieces frequently while valve releases a ton of stuff but pretty seldomly.
i think that has a lot to do with how ppl process stuff too

like, big impactful stuff stay on your memory for long, that's why ppl think OMG RITO NERFS EVERYTHING while actually they buff just as often. the problem is, having ur champion nerfed is sort of traumatic which leads ppl to only remember that thing

similarly, big patches like ap itemization rework or whatever doto does might stick a lot more than the small tweaking riot likes to do

personally i think they need to mix big stuff and subtle stuff more.

we've said it a lot of times in this thread, we all want more items, go crazy on the items, but keep the champion balance small bits at a time. no need to nerf or buff champions super aggressively, let the meta find its way to beat/find a place for the outliers. and like, for things like itemization, just go nuts

this is what we need

more mega patches

more mega=more betta

Tweaks are better to make incremential changes to the game instead of just changing everything in one massive go to make sure you just don't delete things from the game.

If everything in this game had to wait months like ADC itemization is going to take it wouldn't last long. I'd rather have shit like Ryze nerfed in a few weeks time than waiting months for it.

Pancakes

The mega patches always come in the preseason which is good since it doesn't mess with LCS and other tournaments. But at the same time it kinda sucks since they probably have a lot of new stuff done but don't want to roll it out until worlds is over.

Yeah, the upcoming patches heading into worlds are usually dry for the sake of competitive integrity. By the time the Worlds patch is settled and Harrowing comes around we should be hearing of the preseason stuff already.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am having lots of fun with the Bilgewater event. I hope some of these new items make it into the real game. This is like a fake crazy PBE.

jerd

I need to try it but haven't mostly out of laziness. Too many new items to read.

Tricksters plays are hilarious tho

Negaduck

Maaaaaan, I'm skeptical but they don't really need to change Garen imo. He's a lane bully and is great at what he does.

But we'll see.

Maaaaaan, I'm skeptical but they don't really need to change Garen imo. He's a lane bully and is great at what he does.

But we'll see.
There are plenty of lane bullies that do his job better without being more than a meat shield later on. He's keeping his silence anyways so he'll probably remain one. Plus he'll get a bunch of new items to play with so it's hard to say how he'll turn out.

Chances are he's just losing his pointless crit interactions for the most part.

jerd

They said they are "adding a new mechanic" to his kit so that could mean anything. Whether they will do anything in addition to that or take anything away who knows but considering they are working on both garen and darius who have similar power curves it makes me wonder if they are doing similar things with them

drawkcaB

I am having lots of fun with the Bilgewater event. I hope some of these new items make it into the real game. This is like a fake crazy PBE.

I have a really hard time believing that Brawlers is just a for fun game mode with all the effort put in. I'm not sure what's what, but some of the new stuff just has to be "Season 6 Alpha".

Gonna play some Skarner this weekend. Who knows how long I have left...

Negaduck

Yeah, I mean I'm okay with a few buffs but I really don't think he needs it personally. He got a new skin that's all the buff he needs!

zkylon

zkylewd
i think some of the items are pretty cool, but the mode is really really rough

so far from the little i tried

shield ball thingie - pretty fun to get like a free janna shield and u can like cheese it and like tank minions with it for free gold which is fun, but i found it became kind of annoying when fully upgraded since you have to be constantly shooting those things in teamfights. also they're like different (as in dont have a fixed travel time) from nami bubble which really confuses me

morellos upgrade thingies - this actually feels like they're like prototyping different morellos to remove grievous wounds and i only tried the dmg one, and i didn't really feel like it dealt any more dmg or whatever. got to try the other two, but i can't see many ppl picking up the tower taking upgrade. the one with the ms buff sounds interesting, but i feel like ludens already has that for itself (would be cool if ludens actually gave u a small speed buff like phage when proccing it)

string pulling thingie - build path for this is weird, chalice+ap on supports can be used on only a few champions and it doesn't have enough ap to be built on a mid, so it's not great. the pull didn't feel strong enough either to make it very useful. i tried it on thresh and lulu, on thresh it felt like a waste of stats and on lulu it was ok but i don't think she wants to pull ppl towards her too much. and on melees it's useless. i like the idea, but i wish teh pull was much more noticeable

also tried zekes and found it to be pretty fun for me as a support but i dunno if it was making that much of a difference. the build path is kind of nice since i really like glacial shroud. but yeah i can't even tell when the buff is on, it's weird, but i could swear i buffed a jinx and she went like 5 hits straight without critting -__-

Edwardo

Gamespot - Which "popular" League of Legends champion are you?

Result: You are Graves, the Outlaw

You aren't "the Hero", quite the opposite actually. You don't like to get involved with other peoples problems, and you don't like others getting involved with your problems. There's something about following rules that just gets under your skin. Authority isn't accepted easily until it's been earned.

You don't like to follow trends, but instead you like to do what you feel. You don't change for people, they must accept you for who you are.

“Alright, you bastards!” he roared. “Let’s finish this!”

killatopak

Gold Member

You aren't "the Hero", quite the opposite actually. You don't like to get involved with other peoples problems, and you don't like others getting involved with your problems. There's something about following rules that just gets under your skin. Authority isn't accepted easily until it's been earned.

You don't like to follow trends, but instead you like to do what you feel. You don't change for people, they must accept you for who you are.

Let me try

Result: You are Gangplank, the Saltwater Scourge

You are a natural leader and like to take control. Making up your own rules to play by is not uncommon. You're not afraid of a fight, and sometimes pick arguments just because. Your reputation isn't the best, but it doesn't matter because you don't hangout in the same place for very long.

You like to travel, but don't really like meeting new people. You have a close circle of friends that don't let people get too close, too soon.

“Kill them all,” he roared. “And burn their ship to the waterline!”

I'm fucking dead.

drawkcaB

OOO my turn!

Result: Xin Zhao, the Seneschal of Demacia

You're manly as fuck. Enjoy all the things life has coming to you.

Thanks Gamespot!

Result: You are Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover

Your friends look at you to take control of the situation when things get out of control. You have a keen eye, that allows you to notice things from a distance, and before anyone else. Everyone likes to invite along because they feel safe around you.

If you don't like to shoot at things, you've failed your own personality. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

''Go ahead, run. I'll give you a five minute head start.''

I didn't choose the waifu life
The waifu life chose me

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I got Satan.

Your friends see you as genuine and warm, but that can change like a light switch. Get on your bad side and they will regret it. Your friends know better than to mistake your kindness for weakness. You like having company, but love your alone time. When you focus on something, it's all you think about until its complete.

''Teemo rides a thin line between chipper compatriot and unrepentant killer, but there's no one else I'd rather have as a friend.''

Jayce? When I chose Magic?

The fuck is this shit

patchday

1st match with Karma.

eyMW096.png

Not many kills but got a lot of kill assists. I'm having fun with her so far. I finally had saved up like 6300 IP but decided I'd rather just have Karma for now. I always dug her concept. I joined this game about a month ago or so when I saw the concepts for Karma, Ekko, & Vi after visiting the site.

Leezard

You are Amumu, the Sad Mummy

You see the value of friendship, but you aren't the type of person that is recognized and greeted everywhere you go. You are known as an emotional person, and sometimes sadness gets the best of you.

It seems like you break everything you touch, If given the option, you choose to stay away from working on cars, and leave that to the mechanics.

I didn't get any quote at the end :(

Edwardo

someone take it for me, im at work :<

Result: You are Jinx, the Loose Cannon

You are known as quite the rebel. You find humor in chaos, especially when you are in the front row. You hate boredom, and are impulsive when it comes to purchases.

You like to stir up the pot, and don't seem to have very long lasting relationships. Charity is not your strong suit, and you're always looking for the next adventure.

''Oh look - I'm opening my box of care! Oh wait - it's empty!''

zkylon

zkylewd
You are Amumu, the Sad Mummy

You see the value of friendship, but you aren't the type of person that is recognized and greeted everywhere you go. You are known as an emotional person, and sometimes sadness gets the best of you.

It seems like you break everything you touch, If given the option, you choose to stay away from working on cars, and leave that to the mechanics.

I didn't get any quote at the end :(

:(

*hug*

Result: You are Jinx, the Loose Cannon

You are known as quite the rebel. You find humor in chaos, especially when you are in the front row. You hate boredom, and are impulsive when it comes to purchases.

You like to stir up the pot, and don't seem to have very long lasting relationships. Charity is not your strong suit, and you're always looking for the next adventure.

''Oh look - I'm opening my box of care! Oh wait - it's empty!''

scarily on point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom