• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early game itemization used in specific instances with the intent to be sold later (as in they don't upgrade to anything, or only to mid-tier at best).

easy

BUFF ALL THE CHAMPIONS EXCEPT EH STRONG ONES

Make mage auto attacks scale with AP
Nerf the fuck out of ADCs

make it so every role can be in every lane

and stuff

zkylon

zkylewd
now I feel bad

I went for Lux

smart

Hey Zky, I really liked this pic of yours.

Doodle

Do you have a 1920x1080 pic of it?

made this pretety quick

KOerlox.png

also this with a bit of white space at the bottom part so it's not blocked by the windows start bar

duno if that's ok

don't expect anything fancy cos photoshop is being dumb on this installation of windows

Early game itemization used in specific instances with the intent to be sold later (as in they don't upgrade to anything, or only to mid-tier at best).
i thought about something similar to this but i'm not sure i want to deal with like a ton of champions suddenly turning into zed thanks to itemization

killatopak

Gold Member
made this pretety quick

also this with a bit of white space at the bottom part so it's not blocked by the windows start bar

duno if that's ok

don't expect anything fancy cos photoshop is being dumb on this installation of windows

This is great! Thanks!

I really dunno how to nerf 2v1s without doing some stupid shit that will probably lead to worse balance hijinxs.

Dealing with TP is easy, just make TP not global anymore with range that scales with levels, cooldown being the same 3 minutes no matter where you TP to.

drawkcaB

i thought about something similar to this but i'm not sure i want to deal with like a ton of champions suddenly turning into zed thanks to itemization

Zed? Nah, I was thinking of stuff like this:

Active: Creates a X hp shield based on health when fully charged. This item gains charges when standing in proximity of an allied tower.

Passive: Gain Xg and Xhp for each minions destroyed by an allied tower.

Doesn't upgrade. Like..Doran's Hammock. Just something to negate some of the effects on being in a bad 1v2 lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zed? Nah, I was thinking of stuff like this:

Active: Creates a X hp shield based on health when fully charged. This item gains charges when standing in proximity of an allied tower.

Passive: Gain Xg and Xhp for each minions destroyed by an allied tower.

Doesn't upgrade. Like..Doran's Hammock. Just something to negate some of the effects on being in a bad 1v2 lane.

ohhh i misunderstood you then. i thought u meant items that gave you a lot of power earlygame like a super red elixir or w/e

i'm not sure of how that item would work but it feels like it would just make the champions that are decent at 1v2ing even better?

i feel like maybe the game needs to buff early dragons so that you want to put your duo lane bot or you'll be in a bad spot for losing dragon control. and make dragon stronger so you can't really solo it or whatever

it might make the game more snowbally, but i think the game's pretty slow right now, lots of scaling champions everywhere just cruising to midgame

Game is not snowbally enough.
i feel like maybe the game needs to buff early dragons so that you want to put your duo lane bot or you'll be in a bad spot for losing dragon control. and make dragon stronger so you can't really solo it or whatever
My idea was do both. Make early drag really important but also make it so Drag hits like fucking Baron so you need at least 3 people to do it early on.

We had those but no one bought them. Chalice, Guise and Cloak & Dagger were strong early/mid game items that no one bought because they didn't build into anything. I mean SotD was extremely strong too but was unused except for a snowball Rengar or a gimmick Vayne.

drawkcaB

We had those but no one bought them. Chalice, Guise and Cloak & Dagger were strong early/mid game items that no one bought because they didn't build into anything. I mean SotD was extremely strong too but was unused except for a snowball Rengar or a gimmick Vayne.

Yeah, but I'm thinking of stuff you buy early game, as in starting items.

We have 350g support items that let supports be supports, 400g machete for junglers (even though I don't like the idea of junglers having their own items) and 4xxg Doran's items for early combat stats. All these items basically say "this is what I want to do early game", so an item that says "I don't want to get fucked in a 1v2" doesn't seem over the top to me. Ditto a starting "I want to roam early" item, although in practice I assume it would be used by roaming Vayne's because this community is trash.

Riot can't win on this one because now they're forcing a duo bot meta.

i'm not sure of how that item would work but it feels like it would just make the champions that are decent at 1v2ing even better?

Yeah, just to relieve some of the pressure of being in a 1v2. Kind of like a warning to players, "are you sure you want to 1v2?" A lot of the champions that get royally fucked in 1v2 situations aren't massively gold dependent (though yeah some obviously are).

Saprol

what if each team is allied to one of baron or dragon

at set intervals they both leave their caves and fight in the river for game advantage

jerd

what if each team is allied to one of baron or dragon

at set intervals they both leave their caves and fight in the river for game advantage

Goofy hijinx like those in HotS are fun in their own environment but you'd have a really hard time fitting them into a game that tries its best to be a "serious esport"

To me it would be kinda like the NBA adding in a trampoline in the key because that's a fun thing in slamball

God this shit is fucking ridiculous

Edit: Actually that's kind of an apt comparison. League is NBA/NFL, Dota is MLB, and HotS is... idk fucking Wipeout or something

killatopak

Gold Member
Phew.

Dodged a bullet there. Played ranked and 2nd pick chooses a champion and waits for the timer to stop then picks Fiora. Boom! She says she misclicked. She says it's ok she'll just tower hug and try her best. Fuck no. I know better now thanks to you guys that I should dodge skeptical stuff like that. I can't be forgiving especially in ranked. Dodged that shit and lost 3 lp. Didn't regret a bit since my lp gains were +35.

Goofy hijinx like those in HotS are fun in their own environment but you'd have a really hard time fitting them into a game that tries its best to be a "serious esport"

To me it would be kinda like the NBA adding in a trampoline in the key because that's a fun thing in slamball

God this shit is fucking ridiculous

Edit: Actually that's kind of an apt comparison. League is NBA/NFL, Dota is MLB, and HotS is... idk fucking Wipeout or something

Well no, if it was like the NBA each objective would be a 'hoop' they have to protect. Or something. Why compare it to the NBA?

Either way they've tried so hard to make Dragon seem worth it, and it creates for stale games in NA atleast @_@

drawkcaB

I would say swap the position of dragon with Baron, but that would just make duo go top.

So what if they just removed dragon. Problem solved @_@

Honestly, I was hoping the map rework would get rid of dragon and baron and replace them with something that doesn't promote the sort of positional meta the current map does. Figured they were onto something with the shrines in TT but apparently that was a one-off case.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i think i'm gonna give up on the icons

people actively troll and feed in this mode, matchmaking is completely broken and it's not more fun than playing the actual game

mid only got three morellos which isn't super fun to play anyways

zkylon

zkylewd
so 5.15 is next week and then 5.16 is gonna be the last big patch before worlds and it's apparently gonna have:
* garen mini rework
* skarner mini rework/changes
* morde rework
* darius rework
* bruiser itemization changes

and then 5.17 and 5.18 are gonna be pretty chill since one of those is the one worlds is gonna be played at

pretty exciting stuff

zkylon

zkylewd
defensive itemization stuff means:
A new item or two, plus some small (mainly) adjustments to defensive items (in general Armor items are getting slight nerfs, MR items slight buffs).

also i actually really like corki, specially for competitive. corki's a very fight oriented champion that wants to kill stuff and wants to kill them relatively quick cos he's gonna get outscaled hard. i like kog and twitch and kalista and vayne too for competitive, champions that thrive in teamfights or skirmishes or whatever

champions like tristana and jinx and caitlyn are awful for competitive tho, wave pushing bots that are boring as hell to watch

so yeah give that trinity force 10 ad and bjork 10 ad, and nerf ie

get the fun adcs back in the game

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
1000 employees? Almost at 2000 now
misc-give.gif

Also remove trinkets, FUCK VISION. 4 WARDS PER TEAM.

I got Lee Sin. Wonder why.
I think the series are just polls for age group likes or some shit.
lq3nE9y.png

killatopak

Gold Member
Hopefully some Locket buffs to keep stuff like Viktor in check

Maybe buff FQC too. I don't see that item being used anymore.

I want an AP polymorph item. I understand that it'll be pretty OP though so maybe put it in another game mode like Black Market Brawlers.

A question for those who know. How can you change the pic on your profile? Not the Icon but the summoner pic.

patchday

Wonder if I can quit of a blind pick lobby? I got a bad vibe soon as Zed picks top lane and sure enough our team lost. I think all I gotta do is not pick a hero?

Wonder if I can quit of a blind pick lobby? I got a bad vibe soon as Zed picks top lane and sure enough our team lost. I think all I gotta do is not pick a hero?
I think blind pick will give you a random champ if you don't select any?

As long as you close the client before the match starts you're good. Welcome to dodging, get used to it.

killatopak

Gold Member

You can quit blind pick but it restricts you from playing blind pick for 5 mins and increasingly more if you quit at champion select consecutively.

I think blind pick will give you a random champ if you don't select any?

It dodges the game if you don't pick any champ.

killatopak

Gold Member
certain summoner icons, I think only ultimate skins icons, change your pic as well.
Thanks.

I find that quite expensive. You know what would be cool? Riot allows you to change the summoner pic not only through ultimate icons but also through acquiring them by mastering a champ. There you go Riot. I just gave you a nice idea for rewards in champion mastery.

Let's talk about Guinsoo Rageblade. I don't think anybody uses them anymore. Maybe time for a rework ala zeke's?

I'm legit shocked. I was Shyvana with BoRK, Sated Devourer, Visage and Merc. Jax had T2 Machete, Sunfire, Cutlass, Recurve Bow. I lost the 1v1 very decisively. I think he had 35% HP left aftewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom