• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Really enjoying playing Karma Support on Bottom lane. So far my team has always won with her as supporting role.

I thought we were gonna lose. Our Xin was L4 smurf that didnt have Smite. Team told him to go jungle. He gets killed twice while in jngle and I told him to go top with Yasuo. I think that call saved us because then he pretty much stopped feeding and we started steamrolling

I think blind pick will give you a random champ if you don't select any?

As long as you close the client before the match starts you're good. Welcome to dodging, get used to it.

You can quit blind pick but it restricts you from playing blind pick for 5 mins and increasingly more if you quit at champion select consecutively.

It dodges the game if you don't pick any champ.

Ah thanks a lot!

jerd

I hope they buff Morde alot

he has no CC and no escape

therefore give him a 250% damage boost

....to compensate take away his auto attack.

Morde can now reactivate his ultimate to blink to his ulted target. This blink has a 1 second cooldown and can be cast up to 5 times while the ultimate is active

killatopak

Gold Member
Is there a problem in IP gains this patch? I seem to get smaller amount than usual.

70+ for wins and 50+ for loses while last patch it was more 100+ per win. This is with games extending for 30-40 mins too.

Edit: nvm my games were actually quite short today so low ip gains must have been normal especially with no baron finishes.

zkylon

zkylewd
Corki isn't fun at all. He's basically Nid in ADC form.
not really cos he doesn't scale well

he's like on a timer, specially on competitive, so he pokes around objectives a lot which leads to fights

much more fun to watch than the opportunistic tower taking of trist/jinx/cait

Hopefully some Locket buffs to keep stuff like Viktor in check
i don't think locket can be really buffed, that item is pretty dumb already

i think they should tweak around the negatron cloak stuff, it's super weird that it barely builds into anything anymore thanks to cowl

Still surprised we don't have an item that silences. Even if it's only like .75 seconds.
cos silences suck

everyone hates em

I think people really overestimate ADC scaling nowadays. Corki not scaling as well as other meta ADCs is irrelevant and even then he doesn't just fall off, his damage is still pretty high specially to towers and squishies.

It'll be a pretty different situation depending on how much armor gets nerfed and MR gets buffed though. Here's hoping Frozen Heart and Thornmail get fucked

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally got carried in ranked!

It was by a team of complete dicks though. I'd rather have lost, honestly. Newt would have been proud.
I think people really overestimate ADC scaling nowadays. Corki not scaling as well as other meta ADCs is irrelevant and even then he doesn't just fall off, his damage is still pretty high specially to towers and squishies.

It'll be a pretty different situation depending on how much armor gets nerfed and MR gets buffed though. Here's hoping Frozen Heart and Thornmail get fucked

Corki still does damage late game but he's gonna get dunked by the vast majority of ADCs.

Einbroch

Banned
Played Malphite against Garen top in that new mode. Wanted to go straight AP because it's fun. Garen kills me and starts spamming "protip [insert obvious tip]" every time he does something good like force me back or kill me (went 0/3/1 in lane, so I definitely lost). Spammed his "tips" like 8 or 9 times.

We end up winning. I come back with "Protip: win the game" and he goes off in lobby chat. Like full on salt. Both teams mock him.

Sometimes trolling backfires, and when it does, man is it glorious.

drawkcaB

Played Elise and...put her back into the pool because I'm an indecisive bastard. The stun buff is nice, but what kept surprising me over and over again was the late game damage from her spiders. That's probably the buff I appreciated the most in the end. My major issue with Elise back when was pick/ban in S3/S4 was always feeling useless late game and that's mostly fixed.

Here's hoping for some sensible nerfs. I feel like the first place to start would be to change her stun to a snare and then work from there. Good way to remove her power without changing her feel.

Ambition

Played Malphite against Garen top in that new mode. Wanted to go straight AP because it's fun. Garen kills me and starts spamming "protip [insert obvious tip]" every time he does something good like force me back or kill me (went 0/3/1 in lane, so I definitely lost). Spammed his "tips" like 8 or 9 times.

We end up winning. I come back with "Protip: win the game" and he goes off in lobby chat. Like full on salt. Both teams mock him.

Sometimes trolling backfires, and when it does, man is it glorious.

Even more proof that all Garen mains are complete overweening assholes

jerd

Y1Xb.jpg

Can't decide if I should stop playing him to preserve the fluke or only play him to try to climb

patchday

Doesn't she still die off after level 6 or the laning phase though?

Well her powers do scale (I think you know that though). So Mantra + Inner Flame still hits hard. I'm not even close to leading the scoreboards though so maybe you're right. I play her as a mix of heavy support + support dps

This my last match with her. 7 kills + 16 assists. Maybe I should stop buying boots. Noticing many players in my matches not buying'em. So they have more DPS

oh snap 1000 matches as Garen.

Well her powers do scale (I think you know that though). So Mantra + Inner Flame still hits hard. I'm not even close to leading the scoreboards though so maybe you're right. I play her as a mix of heavy support + support dps

This my last match with her. 7 kills + 16 assists. Maybe I should stop buying boots. Noticing many players in my matches not buying'em. So they have more DPS

oh snap 1000 matches as Garen.

Always buy boots, atleast the level 1 boots. Movement speed is important and can guarantee a kill or guarantee you getting away

patchday

just had a weird match. My first play with Jayce. I didn't even know he could switch to range. I was on top 2v1 and winning. The enemy team just played poor and fed. They surrendered at 20 mins.

I wish I could've seen their chat. It must've been all kinds of toxic

Always buy boots, atleast the level 1 boots. Movement speed is important and can guarantee a kill or guarantee you getting away

Yeah I should stick to the boots.

zkylon

zkylewd
is anyone playing black market brawlers anymore?

i think out of the like 6 games i've played, it's been like challenger or master players in every game and now my friend tells me he got matched with three diamond 1s and a lvl 24

like i thought it was gonna use normals mmr?

wtf

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno, i just think the terrible matchmaking and the downright elo hell amount of trolls/intentional feeders/afkers just prevents me from even appreciating anything about this mode

like, i'm not one to regularly complain about teammates cos i generally don't find people that annoying but this is like really really bad

patchday

Black market brawlers doesnt grant any Character mastery. The achiever in me says to hell with that honestly. Plus, that mode isn't any shorter than rift. Additionally, the enemy npc mobs do a crap ton of dmg to heroes and ignore everything else lol.

That mode is kinda BS too me.

(BMB makes me appreciate SR a lot lol)

Leezard

is anyone playing black market brawlers anymore?

i think out of the like 6 games i've played, it's been like challenger or master players in every game and now my friend tells me he got matched with three diamond 1s and a lvl 24

like i thought it was gonna use normals mmr?

wtf
In my experience it has been normals mmr.

People have been really toxic in the few games I played, which turned me off from the game mode. Much worse than in regular normals. I like the items though.

patchday

So aggravating. Was playing Bard for first time and was killing enemy team pretty well (5 kills / 1 death / 2 assists). But my team surrendered cause we had a guy go afk and never return. I cant stand afkers yo.

match was only 20 mins

Played two ARAMs only to be informed I was reported for negative attitude... despite saying literally nothing in chat and performing better than most of my team in both games. Looks like your system has some way to go, Riot.

zkylon

zkylewd
In my experience it has been normals mmr.

People have been really toxic in the few games I played, which turned me off from the game mode. Much worse than in regular normals. I like the items though.
i play mostly normals and generally against anyone in the range from high gold to low diamond. we get the odd challenger here and there but it's rare

here it's like challenger and master players every game and everyone is pretty fucking toxic like u say so it's just really shit to play

i guess i can't blame riot for people being jerks but i feel like tying rewards to stuff always brings up the worst in people and you have to play so damn much of this hell of a mode...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I report Newt after every game and somehow he's still unbanned. Rito pls.

I have 4 more placement matches, lets hope I win them all. I have 2 wins and 4 losses already. Mostly cause 1 match my riven actively fed after dying to gnar twice.

aren't reports supposed to be weighed depending on how much you do it @_@

Besides they never work. The Tribunal is down, toxicity lives. We overwhelmed rito lyte.

Fracas

#fuckonami
reports are completely useless

yet i still report every toxic asshole

one day i will receive a notification that someone got banned

no i won't

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't encounter much toxicity anymore

yeah ppl get mad every game but nothing that actually upsets me

this mode tho, it's jerksville

My 7 placement match, was one of the worst match in my league history ever. They had a shaco that ganked not lame at 6 mins even after I told them he was going bot. They my top lane fizz starts to roam and just dies and they everyone feeds but me and sej. :/ fuck ranked.
Edit: playing different game.

jerd

Went 8-2 in my placements on my smurf and placed gold 4

10 games of ranked and I'm 2 divisions lower than my almost 500 game main account wtf

zkylon

zkylewd
w78CemV.jpg

i love champion collection fanart like this

all my champions got great faces too, lux, synchan, lebonk, ori, ahri, lizzy, they're all great

patchday

Feels so good when a teammate tries to surrender, we turn him down, and then we turn around the game and win. Man we were only down like 4 kills.

Still cant figure out Nautilus though and what the big fuss is. I cant tell what makes him (Nautilus) a top tier support? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom