• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxiLive

The new gamemode doesn't seem to change all that much from the typical 5v5 but the new minions are interesting :D It would be cool if they added support items in the future that allow quick transformation of certain minions so you could buff one to agro the adc in laning phase or buff one up to a tank when its 2v1 by the tower.

I did provide me with a Penta with Cait even though I was doing nothing all game then we had a random team fight near their base and no one came close to me = free penta :p I was doing disgusting damage though due to the amount of farm I had compared to everyone else.

Seems like there is 20x more roaming in the game mode vs a normal 5v5.

jerd

Idk i havent heard the new new one but yeah gp is gonna get another new vo and the one we heard before will just be on captain gp

zkylon

zkylewd
patches usually happen on tuesday night soo wednesday morning he'll be up for buying

from the looks of it it sounds mostly the same just a little bit grittier
i think some lines are new, but yeah, shouldn't be too different, tho they recorded everything twice, which is pretty insane

patches usually happen on tuesday night soo wednesday morning he'll be up for buying

i think some lines are new, but yeah, shouldn't be too different, tho they recorded everything twice, which is pretty insane

I didnt mean same lines, I meant like same tone just grittier.

Which what I really meant is that old old GPs voice>>new voice. We will never find out what made his roger so jolly

At least new GP is an actual character instead of a bunch of pirate memays said out loud

Yeah but GP was great BECAUSE he was so damn stereotypical.

Like you have Syndra whos so damn edgy with "I need muh power im stupid and cant control it*wrist cut*" so having a joke personality like GP was a good breath of fresh air.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think old gp was great at all, the only funny thing about old gp were the oranges and they kept that, all the rest was meh

i'm not a huge fan of new gp either but old one was pretty lazy so i'd rather at least have someone that looks cool than someone that looks generic

Fracas

#fuckonami
I prefer old GP's visual design but the gameplay changes seem nice and add some depth to his kit while keeping his core (Parley) better than ever

zkylon

zkylewd
also syndra might have an "edgy" personality or whatever but she has a pretty cool visual design and she actually has a personality, which allowed for people to draw comparisons to zed's story which is why in "fan canon" the got ship'd, and that's pretty cool. pirate memes don't get you anywhere, which is a disservice to the character. now gp has all this cool backstory with like carving ppl's bones and killing mf's parents and whatnot, which will drive people's imaginations and build an actual character out of him. and they still keep some goofiness with like the robot arm and the oranges and the bankplank stuff and whatnot

so much better imo

the old gp memes will forever be on youtube if you ever feel like u miss them :p

Syndra is supposed to be like 15 years old not only making her design waaay too sexual but it makes all the zed fan fiction literal pedophilia

And shes edgy as fuck. Muh power muh control.

Even the new GP is pretty edgy

They need more fun jokey characters.

Mothman91

Played a ranked 5s game last night. Friend played Kench for the first time. Saved my ass so many times. I can see him being picked in competitive play.

Leezard

I like champs that are just saying puns all the time. Nami and vlad are the obvious candidates, but I know there is quite a number of them.

Playing as one of them is fun.

I like champs that are just saying puns all the time. Nami and vlad are the obvious candidates, but I know there is quite a number of them.

Playing as one of them is fun.

Exactly! Morde is great because he breaks the 4th wall and does a bunch of metal jokes, Yorick does the dead jokes, keep this serious stuff away and stop trying to make League like edgy or grown up.

zkylon

zkylewd
Syndra is supposed to be like 15 years old not only making her design waaay too sexual but it makes all the zed fan fiction literal pedophilia

And shes edgy as fuck. Muh power muh control.

Even the new GP is pretty edgy

They need more fun jokey characters.

not saying there aren't issues with syndra's design (i hate that stupid thong thing) but there were tons of issues with old gp as far as an original character goes

someone like braum or jinx or tahm or ekko or velkoz have jokey parts to them but they also look cool and unique and all that

i mean even new gp is goofy af with his barrel stacking thing lol

and like, fun and goofy stuff can pop up because of character's seriousness and edgyness. think of azir and the whole SHURIMA SHURIMA SHURIMA thing. azir is like dead srs dude, but because his personality and visual design are deeper than "generic pirate" it got ppl to riff off some of his silliness and have fun with his character.

also you have like a weird obsession with characters being underage. stop that, it's creepy

just give me cute characters and I'm satisfied.
this

but also keep making ghibli characters like tahm and bard pls

maybe one for mid ok?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Played on my smurf with a newbie friend and we got a crit garen that went off on everybody, shit was amazing

KWyuLUK.jpg

not saying there aren't issues with syndra's design (i hate that stupid thong thing) but there were tons of issues with old gp as far as an original character goes

someone like braum or jinx or tahm or ekko or velkoz have jokey parts to them but they also look cool and unique and all that

i mean even new gp is goofy af with his barrel stacking thing lol

and like, fun and goofy stuff can pop up because of character's seriousness and edgyness. think of azir and the whole SHURIMA SHURIMA SHURIMA thing. azir is like dead srs dude, but because his personality and visual design are deeper than "generic pirate" it got ppl to riff off some of his silliness and have fun with his character.

also you have like a weird obsession with characters being underage. stop that, it's creepy

this

but also keep making ghibli characters like tahm and bard pls

maybe one for mid ok?

Yeah but

Do you wanna know why me roger is jolly?

Tizoc

What do Mystery Chests earn me? Is it more than 1 skin?

Played on my smurf with a newbie friend and we got a crit garen that went off on everybody, shit was amazing

Crit Garen is underrated. Yes he becomes as squishy as your average adc but dear lawd does his Crit hurt like hell.

Nekofrog

Banned
My wife bought the $200 simpsons Lego set and spent the entire weekend working on it leaving me free to play a bunch of leeg

I found a new way to distract her guise

Fracas

#fuckonami
I like trick but I feel he's become much more corporate, for lack of a better word

Like it's stupidly hard to even get in subwars without a donation anymore, where just a year ago I'd get in every night I resubbed. And then there's the sponsor plugs too. Feels weird to see him promote random "one secret trick" league improvement sites when he used to shit on them before

Nekofrog

Banned
i stopped watching when 9/10 times i went to his stream it was DayZ or whatever zombie game he plays now instead of league even when it says league

i remember a time when i could go to his channel and it was the hilarious combo of the over the top trick and the mellow as hell sirhcez nearly all the time.

that was the golden age of twitch.tv, children.

zkylon

zkylewd
i just have a problem with prominent ppl in the league community preaching that 1v9 mentality

ppl like trick probably have as big an effect on the meta as the lcs

I like trick but I feel he's become much more corporate, for lack of a better word

Like it's stupidly hard to even get in subwars without a donation anymore, where just a year ago I'd get in every night I resubbed. And then there's the sponsor plugs too. Feels weird to see him promote random "one secret trick" league improvement sites when he used to shit on them before

I never liked trick but what irked about him when the news broke out that he trademarked sub-war or whatever and would send cease and desists to other streamers who would call their sub competitions that. It was stupid as shit.

Good thing he got shut down. Dumb fuck.

First ranked match I played since placements at beginning of year (I think). It was just brutal. Didn't even get to 20 minutes for them to surrender if they wanted to.

I thought I didn't like the new HUD, then I played this ranked game without it and felt like I was back in the stone ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom